PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes I'm Productive!

Empyrean
11-11-09, 09:36 PM
Well I don't think I'll be writing here anymore, but I missed you guys. So I'm back for a hopefully long visit, at least to hang out a bit.

Since I've been on Althanas for a few years now, it seems to have become a tradition for me to show you all how I'm improved art-wise over my frequent, months-long bouts of inactivity.

Also, I had a thought - since I'm not posting but I'm taking up enough space in this thread for it to be criminal, I'd like to offer drawing/coloring requests to you guys. I need to get better at drawing fast, since I'm putting together my animation/character concept portfolio and resume.

SO. I'll take a few requests if anyone happens to be interested - I'll start off with four spots, I guess. Just simple stuff - sketches with flat colors (no shading/lighting). And I promise it won't take me forever this time. If it does, you are hereby granted permission to curse gratuitously at me.

Here's some examples of what I've done recently (hah I feel like some of these look the same....oh well):

I have a 5+ year-long book I've been working on, and in the last couple of those years, I revamped everything: plot, designs, the whole shebang. These are some beginning character concepts (my old Althy character Hana is at the end, looking considerably less modest than she should):

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/840/lineupresized.jpg

I'm also planning on launching my own webcomic, Dualite, this upcoming summer. I've had to do extensive research on this goddamn thing but it's worth it, I think. It's a retelling of Beauty and the Beast, set in early twentieth-century America. More character concepts:

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/2656/dualitecastresize.jpg

I'm currently in a script-form RP with the two old friends I'm always writing new stories with....this one is Victorian-inspired, and I made a couple story-quote-themed faux-posters for all four main characters. I love these guys.
These two are Noah and Gwen:

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/750/gwenoahresized.jpg

Aaaaand these two are McKinley and Emery:

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/9695/mckemeryresized.jpg

....I wonder if anyone can guess which of those four I write.

Anyway!
Request away - I'm just gonna take four right now to see if I can do it quick over the weekend.
It feels good to be back (or whatever weird state of 'back' I am in, not posting ICly)!

Mouse
11-11-09, 11:46 PM
Nicely done! I'm really in love with McKinley's (I think?) hair. It reminds me of the '97 version of Anastasia, though I think it's mostly the red and the hat. <3

Irene
11-12-09, 12:51 AM
I have a request, and its quite a challenge, because its a never-before-seen monster, or so I allow myself to be vain enough to think.

I'm using it in my extraordinarily slow Staff of Eons thread.

Provided your willing to undertake the most original thing I've ever thought of, here it is:

It is one, yet many, living, yet dead. Swarms of things abound fiction, but this one differs. It is entirely composed of common all manner of common insects, arachnids, vermin such as rats of all kinds, scorpions, and that includes everything you could think of that might possibly fit those categories. Just one is bad enough, but this swarm is currently millions of them. They all obey the will a controlling hive-mind, and it names itself "Kernkraft".

Yet, what makes this swarm truly fearsome, is the fact that not ever member of this swarm is alive. A single zombified foot long rat is amusing, a hundred are deadly. Same with everything else. Yes, at least half the swarm is undead. As if undeath were not enough, the entire extended swarm can merge to form Kernkraft.

Kernkraft is roughly twelve feet from foot to shoulder, and about fifteen feet long. It has the body and head of a rat, yet its jaws come with powerful mandibles. Its front and hind legs are normal rat legs, but in between those are two sets of insect legs. The whole thing blends together seemlessly, and ends with a tail, that is not a rat tail, but a scorpion's stinger instead. The whole thing is covored over with Chitin, like what a beetle is covered with for defence. Kernkraft wears it like armor too, only his rivals a very strong metal in property.

I would like a picture of Kernkraft standing amid his swarms.

Logan
11-12-09, 02:45 AM
I'd request something, but I'm so in awe I'm content without. Lol. Good to at least hear from you again, even if you won't be posting. *sniffs*

Empyrean
11-12-09, 10:29 AM
Nicely done! I'm really in love with McKinley's (I think?) hair. It reminds me of the '97 version of Anastasia, though I think it's mostly the red and the hat. <3

Thanks, Manda! Yeah, her design is by my brilliant co-writing/co-drawing friend Sarah (http://shira-chan.deviantart.com), for the story we're writing. I definitely thought of Anastasia when I first saw her hair. She has a much more crude temperament though, lol.

I have a request, and its quite a challenge, because its a never-before-seen monster, or so I allow myself to be vain enough to think.

Holy shit, that is a challenge. Monsters are awesome :D I'll see what I can do with Kernkraft....the swarms might take longer, though.

I'd request something, but I'm so in awe I'm content without. Lol. Good to at least hear from you again, even if you won't be posting. *sniffs*

Wow, in awe? That makes me feel awesome. Good to see you guys again, too. I loved writing Sanoe, but if I write her again, it probably wouldn't be on Althanas.