PDA

View Full Version : The Demon's Fist. (Closed)

Aiko
02-16-10, 07:32 AM
Radasanth, it was beautiful. Calbrena never really appreciated the beauty of Radasanthian architecture until this very moment when she stepped out of the glowing orange portal in the back streets of Radasanth.

For the past few weeks she had been in a place known as Castus Malum. It was a plane separate from the others, reachable for most only by a rather lengthy walk through Phantaria. It was a place of pure evil, created by N'jal, and shared by the other dark gods of Althanas to train dark troops in secret, plan various activities of a sinister nature, and make sacrifices that wouldn't otherwise be able to be done regularly. Since Castus Malum was guarded by an extraordinarily powerful being known only as The Scion of Evil, those who knew how to get to Castus Malum had a safe haven from the forces of light.

It was also a dark foreboding place without very much cheer. Thus, when she was offered a chance to take a vacation from her sinning, Calbrena leaped at the chance. However this chance came with a price, for it was a task in disguise.

“You Calbrena, are too pure. Yes you've committed some pretty dark acts here, but its hard for anyone to take you seriously as an evil creature, when you don't have any vices. So I'm going to send you to Radasanth for vacation, where you are to pick up two habits that could be considered bad, or otherwise self-destructive. I don't care what they are. But that's only a side mission. Your real task, is to become a pupil of a master lurking in Radasanth currently. I'll tell you only this, pick the right vice, and his teachings will be a boon to you, for he is a master of The Drunk Fist.

There is a benefit to all this. As the future sin of Corruption, vices will naturally be apart of your domain. Its an easy way to lure people into your clutches. So as you become more powerful, your vices will become powerful tools. Tools that won't be able to harm you anymore.” The Scion said.

Calbrena wasn't sure why he decided to train her personally, but she wasn't going to argue with a being that was so powerful it had to be tied to a plane to keep it under control.

As she walked down the main street in her duster, which was a type of jacket she had never known existed until she bought one, shorts and a shirt, she felt eyes appraising her body. She knew some would turn away in disgust, since demons weren't very well liked, and some would keep watching, unable or unwilling to voice a secret desire they wouldn't admit existed.

She didn't care, her thoughts were on her instructions. She hadn't tried to stay away from any vices, she just never had the occasion to pick any up. She knew one she had all but been instructed to get already. She didn't want to become a raging alcoholic, but maybe a drink every few hours would be satisfactory. Of course, what should she do to go with it?

At that moment, a puff of smoke hit her in the face, causing her to turn and look at the source. A tavern, of course. Looking inside it seemed to be a normal tavern, oak furnishings, a few lamps, a bar, a bartender, a few patrons. A likely spot to pick up a dependency on alcohol, and her second vice.

She had always loved the smell of tobacco. Might as well enjoy it a little further, anything to keep from getting on the bad side of The Scion of Evil. She witnessed someone who did once, a few days ago. She was certain he was still screaming as The Scion gave the poor man a complete tour of his private torture chamber.

She stopped to see what the name of this place was, and couldn't help but smile as she walked up to the bar of “The Demon's Fist”.

Calbrena walked up to the bar and flashed her flirtiest smile at the bartender while leaning forward to expose a little cleavage and asked, “I seem to be a little dry, think a big strong man like you could help me get wet again?”

“It would be my pleasure my dear lady,” the barkeeper said noticing her gold pendent with a pentagram on it and flashing his own, “however for now all I can do is serve alcohol, until I get off shift.”

“Wait, so your a priest of Castus Malum too?” Calbrena asked, surprised at such a chance encounter.

“By the darkness no. I'm a trapper, that's why I have a sword on mine. I run this bar here and send the occasional drunk to The Scion for teaching purposes. Don't worry though, your safe in this bar, my power protects my fellow servants in here. But enough banter, what can I get you, on the house of course?” The barkeeper asked.

“Well, The Scion of Evil, who happens to be my teacher, has decided I'm too pure and need a few vices, so he sent me here to get a couple and look for a master of The drunken fist to become his student. So guess which two vices I decided to get.” Calbrena said.

“I think I can muster a pretty decent guess. However, I've never known any drunken fist masters to come in here. But vices I can help with. How's about a nice lager to start with, one I brew myself? As for the second vice, there's few that are as naturally associated with drinking and taverns as smoking.” the barkeeper said.

Calbrena nodded, and decided that would be an acceptable start to her mission. The only thing that surprised her was the size of the pint. She thought she would be started off with a small shot, not a pint large enough to drown someone in.

“My that's big, do I have to swallow it all?” she asked.

The barkeeper smiled.

“I think you'll be saying that same thing again later. But for now, yes. You can't enjoy the drink in small occasional shots. Drink it all, make it your friend.” the barkeeper said, while pulling out a fresh pack of cigarettes.

“First one's always free. But don't worry about the others, you can pay me later, through alternative means.” The barkeeper said suggestively.

Calbrena sighed, and managed half the pint before she had to stop.

“Nope, nope, nope. That's not how a real drunk does it when their sober. Drink it all in one go.” The barkeeper said.

“I can't!” Calbrena protested as the barkeeper refilled her pint.

“Oh yes you can.” the barkeeper said.

Three tries later Calbrena, being a lightweight drinker, was sufficiently too drunk to care, and drank the whole pint in one try. She fumbled with the cigarettes and managed to get one out.

“Don't tell me I have to smoke a whole one of these in one go.” she said, feeling rather ill.

“Those, no, not unless you want to. However, becoming a smoker is easy. Start off light. Smoke one every two hours, and after every meal. You'll become addicted in no time.” the barkeeper said, lighting her cigarette for her.

Calbrena took a puff, and started coughing. The feeling of calm she had from both drinking and smoking was nice, and despite coughing every time she tried, managed to finish her first cigarette.

“There you go, now just start to take pleasure in it, you'll be hooked in no time.” The barkeeper said, but Calbrena didn't hear him, she passed out.