PDA

View Full Version : Vote for the Up and Coming stars of Althanas!

Falcon Darkflight
07-27-06, 07:16 AM
I thought of this idea when I was looking at the top 50 roleplayers.

Here is the chance to vote for your "up and coming" stars on Althanas, run by the players, for the players! By this, I mean players who are new, or aren't at a high enough level to get a mention elsewhere.

Has anybody caught your attention in particular whilst battling or questing? Have you been impressed by a certain performance, been made to laugh at the comical antics of the stranger characters?

Post your vote here, and your reasons why!

After a week, we'll tally up the votes and determine first, second and third place.

EDIT: No voting for yourselves, you cheap bastards!

Zerith
07-27-06, 09:42 AM
Alright let's see...

Yamihara
Lisean
Krugor
Falcon

For the time being, that's all I can think of. When I think of more, I'll just add them to my list of votes.

grim137
07-27-06, 09:47 AM
These are in no particular order and include any alternate accounts the user may have...

Abbie
Falcon
Poison
Chidori
Yamihara
Zerith
Chiroptera

Raelyse
07-27-06, 09:55 AM
How do you define up and coming?

Osato
07-27-06, 09:58 AM
This is mainly from what I've seen coming out of Scara Brae and those that I rp with...

1) Eleazar
2) Chiroptera
3) Alia of the Knife
4) Krugor

That, of course, is supposing that the character's we are judging this on is based on the persons level, not past experiences... lol. EDIT: That's what I suppose up and coming means at least...

Falcon Darkflight
07-27-06, 10:40 AM
How do you define up and coming?

Anybody who isn't "mainstream", as such, but who has impressed you or grabbed your attention in such a way as to warrant being mentioned for their efforts.

It's a way to get the lower tiers of Althanas involved in a positive way.

EDIT: My votes in no order:

Kaiser
Krugor
Rayne
Zerith

Lisean
07-27-06, 10:51 AM
Hmm.. well I'm gonna have to say..

Yamihara
Zerith
Chiroptera
Abbie

Osato
07-27-06, 11:21 AM
Anybody who isn't "mainstream", as such, but who has impressed you or grabbed your attention in such a way as to warrant being mentioned for their efforts.

It's a way to get the lower tiers of Althanas involved in a positive way.

Mainstream? What exactly does mainstream consist of? Is this newbies... or people who are just lower levels?

And who consists of the "lower tiers of Althanas"? That term seems kinda harsh... heh.

Storm Veritas
07-27-06, 12:11 PM
IMHO, I think after Serenti, Yamihara can no longer be considered an "up and comer". After the last thread of his (his?) I read, I consider him a major contender in anything he enters.

Abbie is a great writer, but she's around my age. We're too geriatric for this place to be up-and-comers.

Zerith shouldn't be an up-and-comer anymore. He's been here a while, but he ninja-vanished. But yeah, he's good enough.

I put Falcon in the group of people I expect to contend. His writing still has some rough edges, but his creativity and passion is clear. That's what really matters.

Streak could become very good. He's a baby compared to me. His writing now is a hell of a lot better than mine was three years older than him. Hope he continues to progress.

These are not all, but merely some notables.

Vorin
07-27-06, 12:18 PM
Walter/Robert. He's an awesome writer, fun to talk to on AIM when you just want to waste time, and he has like 15 websites for RPGs. He's also one of the few people I think are more creative than me, in complete oddness. I couldn't've never thought up Dorcs((Dwarven Orcs)) without him.

Osato
07-27-06, 12:25 PM
Going by Storm's idea of "up and comer" I'd say that The Bard's got a lot of potential and is already far surpassed me in skill when I had first started. And Streak and Rain (Ira something) have a good future ahead of them.

LordLeopold
07-27-06, 01:15 PM
Redeemer wants me to vote for him.

I also vote for Chumley. Man that guy is a great roleplayer.

Taliel Escabre
07-27-06, 01:17 PM
There's a lotta new folks around with great potential- it's hard to really pin-point them though, since I haven't been back that long. I don't know too many faces ><

Lavinian Pride
07-27-06, 02:52 PM
I also vote for Chumley. Man that guy is a great roleplayer.

Established roleplayers need not apply Frank.

I'd say eys the Chiroptera, yes to Arsenic Ruin, and Yes to Zerith.

Letho
07-27-06, 03:05 PM
Zertih and Asuka are here for a while now. The quest that Zerith and Rhea did in Scara Brae happened ages ago. And I know Asuka was around for a while now because she plays redheads and that's something I don't miss.

I'd have to say Chidori Draconid if he sticks around and works on his game a little bit. I'd say Chirpotera and Eleazar, but they write only solos and I'd like to give my judgment after seeing them interacting with somebody else other then themselves. Krugor, however, pleasantly surprised me in the Cell and I have to put him on the list.

LordLeopold
07-27-06, 03:50 PM
Established roleplayers need not apply Frank.

I'd say eys the Chiroptera, yes to Arsenic Ruin, and Yes to Zerith.

That was obviously a joke, you humorless jackass.

Lavinian Pride
07-27-06, 03:56 PM
That was obviously a joke, you humorless jackass.

Now thats jsut unfair, I'd say I have plenty of humor, you sure the joke was funny to begin with?

LordLeopold
07-27-06, 03:59 PM
Now thats jsut unfair, I'd say I have plenty of humor, you sure the joke was funny to begin with?

... Yes?

Lavinian Pride
07-27-06, 04:01 PM
Open to interpretation, but at least I knwo you got a sense of humor. ;)

LordLeopold
07-27-06, 04:03 PM
Open to interpretation, but at least I knwo you got a sense of humor. ;)

Seriously, what is wrong with you?

Letho
07-27-06, 04:09 PM
This is spam. Both of you should know better. Take it to IMs or shut it because this is not what this thread is for.

AsukaStrikes
07-27-06, 11:46 PM
Hey, why is my sister's name up there? I'm the one fighting in- *gets thwacked in the head by Master Raven* Ow~wa!

Raven: No need for arguments, Murakama. Don't worry, this will be quick.

OK, in my opinion, the Up-and-Coming Stars for this generation (excluding myself and the girls, of course) are:

Rayne
Chidori
The Bard
Krugor
Tuxlie
Chiroptera
Hushpuppy

Just off the top of my head, in no particular order.

And, Letho, don't say things like that. I don't play the girls. They just go off on their own. :)

Murakama: Are you done yet?

Raven: OK, now I'm done.

Ther
07-27-06, 11:51 PM
I'm not going to pick favorites, but I will say that after reading through some of The Cell threads I've been greatly surprised by the performance of several new players - they've been really good and made the threads real pleasures to read through.

Chidori Draconid
07-28-06, 12:06 AM
Are we allowed to vote if we're potential up & comers?

Ther
07-28-06, 12:07 AM
Are we allowed to vote if we're potential up & comers?

Sure, I don't think anyone's going to stop you.

Chidori Draconid
07-28-06, 12:20 AM
Good, cuse I really want to do this!

Chiroptera
Eleazar
Krugor
Rayne
The Bard
Streak
Meow

Not only do I like these guys, I WANT TO PLAY WITH EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU... DEAD SERIOUS

Call me... *wink*

Letho
07-28-06, 02:28 AM
I WANT TO PLAY WITH EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU... DEAD SERIOUSI want to play with Chirpotera too. She has a hot Tifa avy. ;)

Lavinian Pride
07-28-06, 02:40 AM
Why go for the toon when you can have the real thing? ;)

I woudl have to add Chadori to the mix as would I have to add Banda, they definitely got their heads int he right spot...

Falcon Darkflight
07-28-06, 04:22 AM
I'm actually quite suprised no one apart from me has given Kaiser a mention...

Banda is also another name I would add to my list.

Storm Veritas
07-28-06, 04:28 AM
I hear you, man. Kaiser is a good young writer, and seems to be getting better consistently. I hope he keeps it up, he has a bright future ahead.

Raelyse
07-28-06, 05:34 AM
Seriously, what is wrong with you?

He started smoking crack.

Falcon Darkflight
07-28-06, 05:39 AM
Thanks for your contribution, Raelyse. How about staying on topic?

Rayne of Fire
07-28-06, 06:06 AM
My votes, in no order at all

Falcon
Kaiser
Banda
Chidori
Krugor
Chiroptera
The Bard

Zerith
07-28-06, 06:51 AM
[QUOTE=Letho] The quest that Zerith and Rhea did in Scara Brae happened ages ago. QUOTE]

We finished it a year ago. Though it did take a while. Stupid people quiting early. *shakes fist*

I'm a bit hurt than some people seem to think I'm not 'up and coming'. However, I'm not 'mainstream' either.

My question is does how long you've been althanas matter with regards to the 'up and comers'? I thought this was just for those users that are in the lower levels.

Damion Shargath
07-28-06, 06:57 AM
Falcon
Krugor

Falcon Darkflight
07-28-06, 07:20 AM
"Up and Coming" is not a fixed term. It is simply to recognise the people who are putting in tremendous efforts elsewhere whilst not particularly getting the recognition of someone already in the limelight.

Krugor
07-28-06, 07:35 AM
I have a little list too (in alphabetical order):

Eleazar
Chidori Draconid
Falcon Darkflight
Walter
Zerith

Kai
07-28-06, 08:22 AM
my votes are ... well not to myself thats for sure 0.o

Banda
Rayne
Chidori
Bard

... thats all i really know

i can't say falcy cos i know him too well ... meh he did vote for me sooo

Falcon

Reiko
07-28-06, 08:23 AM
"Up and Coming" is not a fixed term. It is simply to recognise the people who are putting in tremendous efforts elsewhere whilst not particularly getting the recognition of someone already in the limelight.

does this mean I count as an up and coming too.

well here's mine in no order

Nekorulers
stargazer
Kaiser
Streak
Chidori
Kruger
Rayne of fire
Lisean

And I'll have my non mainstream stars to be seperate
Abbie
Yamihara
nekoprince
Vorin
Zerith

Storm Veritas
07-28-06, 08:46 AM
Zerith, I wasn't trying to write as an affront, merely stating that you're not a new name. I suppose to some you are, if only because they didn't see you back in your last active spell.

The talent is certainly there. Now you just need to stick around and write.

Ther
07-28-06, 10:05 AM
Why go for the toon when you can have the real thing? ;)

There's a REAL Tifa? If she was she'd be stalked by crowds of rabid (and I stress rabid) Final Fantasy 7 fans, I know that much.

And yes, "up-and-coming" is subjective, but I would see it more as related to the amount of time spend here then related to low levels.

Culix
07-28-06, 01:59 PM
I haven't read many things by newer Althanians (or older ones, I'm afraid), but here's a short list in no particular order:

- Kaiser
- Banda
- Chidori
- Krugor
- Walter/Robert

I'd say 'Hurrah for newbies!' but, given some of the skill levels on here, 'newbies' almost seems like an insult. So... 'Hurrah for highly skilled new people!'

Chidori Draconid
07-28-06, 06:03 PM
OK I need to add one more to the list. Arsenic is the bomb diggity!!!. He just wrote a response to Ettermire Nights that is just going to bring that quest to another level.

INDK
08-03-06, 11:40 AM
Streak 101

Zerith
08-11-06, 09:47 AM
I completely forgot this existed. But seeing as how more than two weeks as passed, I guess it's time to count the votes.

If you're too busy Falcy, I guess I can determine the totals for you and come up with a top ten or something.

Falcon Darkflight
08-12-06, 06:49 AM
Yes please Z-Man. I'm tied up with a few things at the moment.

Cheers!

Zerith
08-12-06, 10:25 PM
Alright, I've done my best and counted up the total votes for each person. In the end there were four ties, bringing in eleven people for the top ten. For now I'll just post the names, but I will eventually edit and post a little information about each individual.

So here are your up and coming stars of Althanas!

10: Yamihara

10: Abbie

7: The Bard

7: Rayne of Fire

7: Kaiser

6: Falcon Darkflight

4: Zerith

4: Chiroptera

3: Chidori Draconid

1: Streak101

1: Krugor

Yamihara
08-13-06, 05:34 AM

...I did not expect that...

...Seriously, thanks everyone...

EDIT:

Wait... I counted only 4 for mine...

What about the other 6? *confused*

Raelyse
08-13-06, 05:45 AM
Abbie is a newcomer, how? She's been around longer than the AIDS.

Slayer of the Rot
08-13-06, 05:47 AM
That's cause she brought it with her. Why do you think I had to retire? I'm wastin' away here....

Raelyse
08-13-06, 05:50 AM
Damn, I was going to say something along those lines, but my mojo left me.

Cage
08-13-06, 05:52 AM
Is this ordered with 10 being the most votes or 1 being the most votes?

Yamihara
08-13-06, 06:28 AM
Hmm... A bit confusing, if you ask me...

I think I'm in the 10th place, then. ^_^;

Zerith
08-13-06, 08:39 AM
Yes #1(Krugor and Streak) are those with the most votes. I decided to start from 10 and work my down the list to get to 1. Sorry for the confusion.

Chidori Draconid
08-13-06, 10:48 AM
Oh I get it now! We should do a thread together, all 10... 11 of us. Although I'm already playing with seven of them because I'm an rp whore.
... I need to stop admiting that.

Falcon Darkflight
08-14-06, 02:35 AM
Congrats, Yamihara!

Angelousy
08-16-06, 05:24 AM
Congratulations Yami.

Krugor
08-18-06, 05:49 AM
Isn't it...congratulations Streak?

Well, I don't know, confusing thread :P

Congratulations everybody!!

AsukaStrikes
08-20-06, 09:00 AM
Congrats Krugor, Streak, Chidori, Chirpotera and everyone else on the board. Abbie, too.

No, that does not include you, sis.