PDA

View Full Version : gilded leaves make poor thieves

Haro Hailblade
03-13-10, 07:09 PM
The wood floors creaked as Haro woke from the waking sleep called rest. Rest that was well deserved. He had been traveling all day and all night the previous day. He stretched his cramped and tired muscles and got ready to great the day.

To day was the day of the meeting. The golden leaf was getting a shipment soon, so everyone prepared and got their stuff together so they might have a better chance surviving.

Haro finished getting changed and went down stairs. Haro ordered breakfast while he waited for the rest of the band to arrive.

Hysteria
03-20-10, 08:46 PM
Gentle morning sunlight stroked the pale skin of the sleeping Talen Shadowalker. The ivory skinned boy slowly opened his blue eyes, squinting against the light streaming through his window. The shadow puppeteer pulled himself to a sitting position and rubbed his hands across his face and through his short black hair trying to wake himself up. No matter how much sleep he got, he always seemed to be tired.

With a face belying his ire at needing to be awake he pulled himself out of bed and staggered around the small coffin which the inn called a room. The wooden construct managed to house a bed and chest of draws, but at the price of having anywhere to stand without bumping into something. It was a sad fact of life that when you are nearly six and a half feet tall you bump into stuff made by five foot tall carpenters.

Today though Talen dressed quickly, albeit begrudgingly; he had a cliche meeting of adventures to attend. Had the boy more experience in the ways of the world he probably would have never gotten involved with a group of people who met at a tavern and decided to rob a weapon shipment on a whim. However, here he was getting ready right now for just a reason. In the sort of short time that can only be achieved by someone who didn't worry too much about personal hygiene, Talen was dressed. He wore his normal attire, tired and faded black cloths that he felt were mysterious. A dark black cloak, black shirt and black pants. It was enough to keep him warm at least.

Talen walked out of the door with all his possessions strapped to him, he might as well have been naked for his lack of meaningful possessions. The most expensive things he owned, his twin steel swords were attached to his belt and he rested his left hand on his hilt. As he come down the stairs and entered the the eating area the smell of food hit Talen like a sledge hammer. He spotted Haro and after ording some food, joined him at the table.

Haro Hailblade
03-24-10, 01:24 AM
Haro finished his mouth full before Talen had gotten to the table. "Hey, too early in the morning to be up, too late to be asleep." Haro took a healthy swig of his wattered down ale. "I think that Derrick will still be a little while longer. I couldn't find a friend to join but I could get a strong weapon to aid us. How about you? any luck with your preparations?" Haro stuffed a slice of cheese with some bread in his mouth.

Alis Grave Nil
03-25-10, 07:50 AM
Amid the graves, the ground was muddy and leaves laid in plenty amidst the graves. Around the burial ground before the stones there were beacon lamps mourning the dead. It was strange how the graveyard seemed more fresh than most of nature itself around it. A heavenly paradise of food for those that contribute to the decomposing of the dead, the bugs among him where of such kind, and Alis felt a for a moment repulsed by images created in his mind of what he would have looked like if they had gone to work on him. However he had proved to be no snack for them, yet. In the dark night, he found himself in trouble of determine exactly where the sky ended and the land began when he looked over his shoulder, in a fear of the dark for the things that could be there. He had just risen from his catacomb, and if he had come back from the dead, what other terrible things might rise from its grave as well? Alis Grave Nil thought to himself. The noble elf had begun his journey, without a certain destination, without specific of direction, only a goal to be achieved.

Guided by the stars he knew not exactly he came by the knowledge, from his forgotten past perhaps. Maybe it was instinct or a natural talent. He was going towards the west. He didn’t know why, but somewhere in his mind he was told that west was the place to go. Traveling through the forest, his vampire state made him feel, somewhat different. Though he knew not of his vampire condition, his running pace was maintained without troubling his endurance. He somewhat remembered that he had always been much of a runner, and he somewhat felt more comfortable in the presence of trees and wild life than on neither a road nor town. It was frustrating for Alis Grave Nil not to know anything but his name and a passionate love. The wedding ring was a constant reminder of it, no face to call neither mother nor father. No memories of home or life.

Lost in his mind pondering on many questions that were left without answers, much to his frustration. The more his mind made questions, the less he realized he knew of himself. He knew nothing of his earlier days. How had he died? Had he died of natural cause? A disease? An honorable death? Though he had been a noble man of birth and his clothing did in every way suggest he was as such, he felt not like a noble man, nor did he act much of one. In his collected ways of though, lost to his own questions and tormented by the lack of answers the ranger traveled without attention until he found the woods to end and a village to begin. For how long he had traveled he knew not, but dawn was soon upon him and the suns scorching rays laid her eyes upon him and the pain that followed caught our noble man unprepared. Instinct got the best of him as he threw his cloak over his head and hit his body within as made a run for the nearest door. Though he had been quick enough to hide his body to avoid any visible markings, every step he ran hidden from the sun he felt himself drained, unlike his running and walking all night had not, the simplest of rays from the sun drained him like the night ought to have on a mortal man.

Descending upon the door, Alis Grave Nil came with quick success inside and closed the door behind him. Taken back by the amount of people inside, and the look of things, at first he might have thought he had entered a family house but at closer inspection the resemblance between those gathered where close to not existing.

Adjusting his ceremonial robes and removing his cloak and carefully folded it upon his arm, revealing his moonbow and quiver to a larger extend placed upon his back. His white clothing where adorned with gold and silver. His posture spoke of importance though this was more a subconscious thing from his part. The ranger looked around for a place to sit where the sun would find no purchase and with quick success found a table, where he ordered some water to drink and rabbit to eat.

Was invited by Hysteria

Haro Hailblade
03-26-10, 09:03 PM
Thats cool by me. The more the marie-er

Haro looked over at the man who had just run in and quickly returned his attention to his food. "Is it just my imagination or is that man dead? He has on burial clothes and the palest complection I have ever seen." Haro glanced up and back down at his food. He repremamned himself for speaking of others. "Forgive my manners, I should know better than to speek of others without their consent." Haro got up and grabbed his meal. "I think I'll say hello, after all it looks like he dosn't have any company to talk with."

Hysteria
03-27-10, 12:06 AM
“Well, I don't really know anyone... who'd be interested.” Said Talen a little hesitantly. Truth was that he didn't know anyone at all.

The door of the tavern opened and a tall elf entered. Talen turned and looked at the archer and a chill ran down his spine. The Shadow Puppeteer had pretty pale skin, but it might as well have been black compared to that of the elf's. Haro made a comment about the elf being dead, but the only thing Talen knew was that the elf was giving him the creeps.

Talen put his hand on his sword hilt and watched nervously as Haro approached the elf. Perhaps Haro was displaying a greater understanding of people, but Talen was shit-scared.

Duffy
03-27-10, 05:50 AM
Duffy watched the drama unfold with a raised eyebrow and the sort of dumbfounded look that people tended to give during a once in a lifetime moment. They all seemed to twitch and tether their emotions to one another like a small group of...Oh, he chuckled, realising that he had stumbled into criminal or vigilante dealings once again. He scratched the stubble on his chin and counted the times he had been in this sort of situation before.

There was the door not too far away from his table, and Blank was already too drunk to notice his companion slip quietly away without too much trouble. On the other hand, as Duffy realised the number was twelve this month alone, it often lead to the sorts of places he wanted, no, needed to be. Buckling up his confidence armour, he slid his chair back and stood upright, before waltzing over to the two gentlemen that were seated, hands on hilts and looking sheepish.

"Excuse me, sirs, I can't be 'elp noticin' that you're bothered somewhat by that yonder gentle-elf," he prodded a finger towards the archer, and winked. "Is 'e botherin' ya, or can I 'elp you get acquainted to the city underlife in a more productive fashion perraps?" Whilst the tavern wasn't exactly the slummiest around, the appearance of a Scara Brae born and bred drawl in Duffy's accent suddenly brought the underclass to life, and the snap of danger between them got a little more wiry.

Haro Hailblade
03-27-10, 10:09 PM
Haro had a warm half smile that normally exposed any intentions he had every time he had it. This was nice, Haro was developing quite the adventuring group. He finished getting up and held his plate in hand. "You know I was just on my way to aquant myself with the gentleman myself. Cant speek for my companion, who seems pailer than normal, but I welcome the company." Haro said. He was gladd for the company and it was a perfect chance to understand others. After all, understanding was power, power to cooperate and work to gether to accomplish a task.

Minotauric
03-27-10, 11:13 PM
Rham swung the tavern door open. He had been traveling for much of the day and since he had arrived in Scara Brae. He was, in need of a drink. A large drink.

Rham's travels had taken him far from his home but he felt as though he needed a change of scenery and after hearing of Scara Brae, he set out for it.

The tavern held a strange feeling to it, as there were none of his kind around, minotaurs that is. None of the accomodations were large enough for him, he quickly realized as he stooped to walk through the doorway. The shaggy grey Minotaur stopped upon entering the building to take in the sights around him. Immediatly surveying the large stock of drinks that were to beheld, he made his way toward the bar. "Kaleh meh a tiel de Narsekrath," Rham said to the barkeep. The man gave him a very strange look. Rham was confused for a moment until he had remembered he would need to used the native tongue. In his best common, he ordered a quart of ale. The man nodded his head, seemingly greatful for the change in tongue.

Rham had learned tradespeak from a very old friend of his, Kazanthi, who was also a minotaur that Rham had chanced to meet. She had been very helpful to him
and the two became good friends.

Rham turned, scoping out a table for himself. He spied a smaller table behind a group of men who seemed to be talking about something of importance. He sat down to enjoy his ale. It's taste a welcome sensation to his parched throat. Rham found that the chairs available were quite small and uncomfortable. His hooves feet stuck out awkwardly from underneathe the table and his long tail was bent in a strange manner as well. He tried not to think of the discomfort though. He let the ale block out all the day's troubles and thoughts, if anyone found some need to talk to him, they would find now the best time to do so. Rham was generally quiet, except for when he was in an exceptionally good mood, in which case, he found that conversation came easily.

OOC- Hope that's alright with you guys.

Haro Hailblade
03-28-10, 09:06 AM
Haro Had sat down at the table with the ghostly pale man and set down is plate. Haro smiled and held out a hand. "Hello, how goes it friend? You don't mind if I join you, do you?" Haro took a bite of the bread. it wasn't fresh any more but it was till good. "I don't mean to seem intrusive, but I was wondering if you were headed any where in-specifically. If not then I have an interesting proposition for you

"Myself and a few others seem to have stumbled on some information that a rather nasty group of fallen leaves have decided to make some sort of move. It would appear that they have some arms coming in at a port city in corone. Unfortunately if this group dose make its move it could harm a great many people. So we have decided to try and do the right thing by releaving the golden leaf of these weapons, and maybe make a profit." Haro ate the last bit of cheese and swallowed. "Bartender, one round!" Haro threw a few gold coins to the bartender for the drinks at the small table. "And another for the minotaur." Haro counted out five more gold coins and had them ready.

"Haro Hailblade, thats what I am called. I know we are going up against some fairly tough grunts, but they will be that much easier to best because of their strong confidence. So are you two in?" The bartender arrived with the drinks and Haro gave him the five gold for the minotaur's round. Then brought his attention back to the other to at the table.

Duffy
03-28-10, 09:20 AM
Duffy tagged along between Hairo, taking him up on his offer. Something was afoot, he knew that much, and there was still plenty of time to flee if things got out of hand. Whilst the group grew, and each other was acquainted, Duffy crossed his hands over his chest and examined them all in turn. They seemed the capable sort, rough around the edges no doubt but altogether more wholesome and adventurous than most of the tavern's occupants.

"By profit," he interjected as Hairo explaimed the reason for him and his friend being here, "you mean sell on the black market?" He smacked his lips, suddenly entrusting his presence to the small gathering, money did that to most men. "Well, I might not be much of a fighter when it boils to it, but I can sure utilise my...resources to sell anything we 'acquire' in out adventurers."

He paused, realising what he sounded like. Cock-sure was so ten years ago. "That's if you'll have me, and all?" The rattle of plates from the kitchen and the hissing of steam from the barrels behind the bar accompanied his question, and he once more found himself offering his body and services in a seedy establishment out of the reach of the law.

Haro Hailblade
03-28-10, 09:47 AM
Haro smiled, "You know how it can be with stolen good, they have a way of getting around. Just like a little coin. Your more than welcome to join in." Haro ate the last of his bread and looked over to the pale elf. "And what do you say?"

Alis Grave Nil
03-28-10, 11:26 AM
A person approached Alis Grave Nil where he seated himself, in attempts to eat rabbit and drink his water. What his intentions was he knew not but the ranger pretended that he didn’t feel a slight unease by the fact that someone would approach him at such random chance. It was strange to him, that someone was coming to speak to him. Just before the gentleman was in close proximity of him the ranger changed his seating to meet the man, behind him he saw another person take hold on his sword. They had been talking earlier and it put the vampire at an uneasy situation that played out in his mind. He expected trouble, and he looked for opportunities to react if it came to that. His mind came to the racing conclusion that his water would serve as a distraction, a firm kick to his chest and fire an arrow at the last person would be his best option if he needed it. It all played out in his mind so rapidly that it was all said and done in his mind before the man was given a chance to speak.

Hello, how goes it friend? You don't mind if I join you, do you?"

The noble man gestured with his hand as a invitation that he was allowed to be seated. Though he did display a frown at him for the use of friend to a stranger.

"I don't mean to seem intrusive, but I was wondering if you were headed any where in-specifically. If not then I have an interesting proposition for you

“I guess it’s a little to late to be intrusive, and my direction of travel is not of any concerns”

"Myself and a few others seem to have stumbled on some information that a rather nasty group of fallen leaves have decided to make some sort of move. It would appear that they have some arms coming in at a port city in corone. Unfortunately if this group dose make its move it could harm a great many people. So we have decided to try and do the right thing by releaving the golden leaf of these weapons, and maybe make a profit. Haro Hailblade, thats what I am called. I know we are going up against some fairly tough grunts, but they will be that much easier to best because of their strong confidence. So are you two in?"

“Behind words of noble cause, you offer me is to become a pitiful thief. You’re friends give no assurance either, that guy over there for example, he has yet to be at ease in my presence.”

The vampire appeared confident but in truth he was busy trying to keep a focus on all the people in case one where to act he would need to counteract quickly.

Haro Hailblade
03-28-10, 12:10 PM
Haro's smile broadened into a grin. He loved it when people had wit and a mind to use, it helped him keep hope that maybe this world will get better. "I apologize for trying to force familiarity, but I like to think well of others. As for my friend, I actualy don't know why he is so nervous, to me you are just an average elf who has stayed inside most of the time." Haro's smile fell to a frown. "Yes, I do understand that I am asking you to become a thief. But I would rather that those weapons go to a thief than mass murderers who would have their way, or force death and submission. Granted I am no better, but at least I would give people their free will, and I would give them a chance to live." Haro kept a straight and serious face. one he never wore willingly. "I have heard much of the atrocities that they have committed. An this theft is just the first step. I don't expect that many of this group will stay for what else I have in mind and thats fine. I just need your help for this one thing." He took a deep breath and sighed as he leaned back. "The original idea I had was to destroy the weapons, but that would not be fair to the ones that I ask to join this group. And I am not the person who came up with the idea to raid them in the first place. But I had latter done research. And am now resolved to do this. I will not stand by while they kill, I will be the light to destroy their darkness."

The ironic thing is that some of the companions were ones who used the shadows for their power. Haro was a light in this world who sought to bring joy and light to others. He knew that these men used darkness and also knew that their powers were not what defined them.

"I ask you consider this." Haro glanced over at the his rather paler friend who looked even paler thanks to his black robes. "It seams you are right, excuse me while I go and make sure my friend is alright."

Haro stood and moved over to his first table with the black cloaked figure continuing to pale.

Haro sat down and shook Talen gently by the shoulder. "Hey, what's wrong with you? why are you just sitting down paling. I mean you are already pale as it is and I don't know any one who could scare you so easily." Haro was slightly embarased, but mostly concerned that there was actualy some on who could scare the dark skilled young companion.

Alis Grave Nil
03-28-10, 01:44 PM
Alis heard the man’s words, and they rang true in his head. He knew nothing of the world, and given though, he wouldn’t even know if he was a victim of words or if the person was genuine in his opinion. The vampire smiled broadly as he came to his conclusion. Without his knowledge he grinned broadly, his smile was almost out of place as his noble nature was betrayed by the sinister looking face. His vampire teeth came to view as, though the ranger knew not of them, those that was close enough would see them.

“You ask me not to become a thief after all. You play well with words young one; you make something that seems like a act of darkness into a beacon of light, and shun the light from those of dark nature. A leader by appearance one may say, but are you a man of just words or actions as well? You need not answer that, for only time will show”

Haro excused himself and moved towards his companion and the noble man followed. But not towards the others but instead to the bar returning the round he was given and leaned forward to the keeper. He whispered to him returning the ale and at his discretion handed the ranger a vial in return that the vampire quickly placed in his inner pocket. The nature of the ranger walked with grace and one might even think he could walk on leaves and grass without disturbing them. Though without warning, the vampire disappeared in thin air, without a trace he was gone, nowhere to be seen in the tavern.

“You ask us to become shadows, to fight the enemy at their own game.”

Alis Grave Nil reappearing behind the group a quick moment later, in the same manner as he had disappeared. His noble attitude still in place, with a sly smile as he took great pleasure in his display of power and he came to enjoy the uneasy feeling he had caused among some of them and something as this would surely make them more unnerved. Though one may say it was abuse of his veil ability the ranger found it amusing.

“Haro, I have given you’re proposal its though and I have decided that I will support you on this, I wish to se for my own eyes if you’re cause is as noble as you say or if you played me a fool. So I will lend you my hand and my bow is yours. “

The vampire offered his hand forward as a gesture to shake upon the agreement.

Duffy
03-28-10, 01:51 PM
How coy. Duffy chuckled, watching the flexing of muscles and stretching of bravado unfold before his eyes. The dead-panned simplicity of some of them wasn't worrying, but their over eagerness was; that was usually Duffy's namesake in the world, his little foray and gratifying attribute, without it he was not sure what he had to offer. "Stealing is only a thieves' job when he does it for a thrill, for a criminal buzz without direction, cause and often, without principle. Believe you me, I speak from experience, sometimes people have to steal to simply survive."

The troupe had done just that, taking only what it needed to ensure the orphans and extended family of the theatre masquerade were kept alive, warm and well. Whilst he didn't like doing it himself, he was certainly more than capable of performing a distraction piece or two to allow the others to slip away with their cargo of arms. "If you'll forgive my forward and somewhat blunt nature," his trade speak accent was slipping as his comfort levels rose, and steadily his stone-faced words that dealt with authority were beign replaced with a Scara Brae twang and a cheeky grin.

"But how do you know the 'leaf' is coming to town, when I have connections with the Scourge and have barely heard a wink! I'm up for it either way, I'm just curious." He tried not to look doubtful as he looked at Hairo, but only managed an awkward grin. His stomach was rumbling, the food from the kitchen smelt devilish, and he sorely wanted to do some of this 'adventure', not just stand around and talk about it. He started to pace left and right, arms flapping by his sides and occasionally clapping a little rhythm.

Haro Hailblade
03-28-10, 02:16 PM
Haro stood and warmly accepted the hand of the ranger that appeared out of no where. "My friend you are gifted indeed, and am glad for your support, just remember, you don't have to do any more than this if you don't want to." Haro turned to the bard with his false uneasy nature and some what forced smile. "As for where the info came from. I am afraid I have no more an answer than that the one who started this little group is the one with the info. I would like to scout it out, but generally I trust the man enough." Haro grind boyishly. "Besides, if you know who to get drunk you can fid out which king had what for breakfast." At the mention of breakfast the minstrel's stomach rumbled again and Haro Laughed. "Speaking of which why don't I pay for breakfast. I have enough gold and money doesn't mean so much that I can't afford a breakfast."

Minotauric
03-28-10, 09:51 PM
Rham was surprised when the barkeep brough him an extra ale. He shrugged as it was set down and the barkeeper pointed to the man who had bought it for him, Hmm, quite obviously never seen a Minotaur drink before, Rham mused, for the effect that one glass of ale would have on Rham would have been like giving a full grown man a thimble of whiskey.

Anyway, Rham was kindly bemused by the man's guesture of good will and stood up, walking over to him, assuming the man did not speak Kothian, Rham spoke in his est common, "Why you buy me another drink?" he said with a heavy accent. He waited for the man's response, curious to find out why anyone would buy something for a complete stranger.

Haro Hailblade
03-31-10, 09:57 PM
Haro turned to find the minotaur standing beside him with a curious look. "You looked like you could use another drink. I'd say you came a long way from where you traveled. After all, kindness is something that is a joy to do for others rather than simply expect from others." Haro said. He pulled up a chair for the minotaur that looked to be a bit bigger, and slightly more comfortable than the one he was in.

"You see, I was thinking about asking you to join us in a mission to be a thorn in the sides of the golden leaf. The golden leaf are a group of people who rebel against our current government because they can't have their own selfish way. So they wish to force it on others. I wanted to ask you to join because we can use any help we get. And having you would be a great deal of the help we need." Haro never encountered minotaurs before. But then he still wasn't thrown off by the great bull. After all, half the stuff he has seen was enough to turn hair white if it wasn't already platinum. Haro found comfort in what was different. "so what do you think. You want to join in?"

Minotauric
03-31-10, 10:54 PM
Rham nodded slowly. If he was understanding correctly, what the man was saying was not such a bad sounding idea. It would give him something to do in the very least while he was here on the island.

The Minotaur extended a hand to the man, "Rham Es-Hestos. I will help you fight the golden leafs," he said slowly. He glanced around and then back to his ale, taking a large swig, he looked the man in the eye, "I know some of your language. Enough I hope. Am sorry if I am conf.... confes... No. Not right". The Minotaur paused to think. A light seemed to come on in his eyes, "Confusing." He showed his toothy grin.

"What your name?"

Haro Hailblade
04-02-10, 05:34 PM
"Haro Hailblade........."

Well, Here he was with a team that was ready for adventure and justice. All that was left was to brief them on the specifics and get the quest going.....

Duffy
04-02-10, 05:42 PM
"Duffy Bracken," the thief chipped in, not particularly bothered with remembering names he would likely not see again after their escapades. It seemed, at least on the surface, as if it were a worthy enough cause and the day was still young, if a little saddled by a distinct lack of sobriety. Duffy bridled with semi-euphoric glee, the sort that came with being 'just' the right amount of inebriated.

"Me daggers are your ken, and my hearth is yours to kindle, so to speak," he sat at the table with the others, pulling up a chair to the council of theoretical war. "S'watcha wantin' me to do with 'em, and where?" He shut up after his question, eager to hear the truth of the matter at hand and for the 'plan', so to speak, to form. At the back of his mind he was reminded of his younger days, if someone of twenty-four could exclaim such a thing, when danger and excitement and stealing from under the noses of the rich was common place amongst his troupe.

Perhaps he was just a thief...but it was the thought that count.

Haro Hailblade
04-02-10, 09:19 PM
"Well, as I have said before, I want to destroy the weapons, to cripple the golden leaf. But that would be unfair to you so you will find safe enough venders on the black market that have a tendency to sell their wears easily. That way it will keep moving around and eventualy the trail will be lost so it won't connect back to us. And Second, that caravan will probably have some sort of plan, or meeting place. That is the main objective. Then we can work our way up to the higher ups." Haro looked at the faces of his companions and thought for a moment.

"My ultimate desire is to strike a hard blow at the golden leaf. And by interogating their men and working my way to the top, I will be able to take one of the key pieces."

"As far as the ambush, we should split up and have one group destract the better portion of the escort, while another group goes in after us quietly to take the weapons from the wagons. I will be leading the destraction while Duffy leads another group.

"The two will meet back up at a designated spot which we will decide on when we get to corone. Corone is where the shipment should be. Derrick, the elf mage that has the information will meet us there. any questions?"

Minotauric
04-02-10, 10:23 PM
Rham shook his head. He had no questions and assumed all would be dandy if he just followed along, leding his muscle when it was needed.

He looked at the door and back to Haro waiting for him to give the orders to leave.

Hysteria
04-04-10, 10:27 AM
“How do you know if the Gilded Leaves will be moving through this town? Now that is a question that perhaps I can answer.” Spoke a cool and confident voice from a table just near the group.

A man was sitting there, a man which you could have sworn wasn't there a second ago. He looked old, his hair greyed but cut short and neat. A moustache and goatee gave him the appearance of a brigand who spent most of his life in dashing adventures, mostly on ships. He was dressed in a plane white shirt and dark pants and at his hip he wore a long and thin sword.

“Good morning gentlemen.” Spoke the man standing up, “Now that we have all seemed to have been acquainted, I shall introduce myself. I am Sabre the White, adventurer, modern day robin hood and general doer of good.”

Sabre paused to give a flowery bow to the group, his left arm swishing wide as he did so. The man pretty much oozed charisma. It seemed that every story told about the dashing sea captain could be reenacted with him as the lead. He stood back up straight with a smile across his face and continued.

“My sources, which I am sorry to say Mr Bracken seem to be much better than yours, indicate that the caravan will be entering the town around midday, making a short stop and then moving on. There will be around ten people travelling with the caravan, five of which are training guards.” Sabre paused.

“I would suggest taking out some of the guards during the stop. The caravan won't wait around for them. Then take the caravan after its left the town and low on men. But then how am I to offer advice?” Sabre flourished his hand. “These weapons should not be allowed to get to where they are going. To do so would mean a lot of lost lives.”

Sabre walked to the door, ignoring any chance for people to question him further. He paused at the door and pulled a large blue hat with a white feather in it off a hook. With another bow and a swish of his hat he was gone.

I'll bring him back later. I have a rough storyline worked out for the quest, but I reckon it'll be best to give us a chance to what do we want without too much direction. I might work out the characters that we are to take out if you guys want me to. My post will be up in a bit.

Hysteria
04-04-10, 10:50 AM
Talen almost jumped out of his skin when Haro patted him on the shoulder.

“And I don't know anyone who is so comfortable around the undead and minotaurs without at least getting to know them first.” Talen replied, his eyes darting around the group.

Alis's sudden disappearance and reappearance behind him caused Talen to shift on his seat suddenly and side off. He hit the ground hard, but instantly pushed himself back up to his feat, his pride and bum slightly injured. Luckily Sabre spoke up, taken attention way from the embarrassed shadow puppeteer. Talen took the opportunity to brush the dirt off his behind and sit back down.

The young boy had to admire the grey-haired man. He was calm, confident and pretty much everything Talen was not. It seemed that Talen had developed a bit of a man-crush on the dashing man. With the speech over Talen was left looking around the group. It seemed that he would be stuck with these disreputable characters till they had captured the caravan.

Alis Grave Nil
04-05-10, 05:24 AM
For all the acquaintance’s that were made and all the pretty words spoken, the vampire noble began to be impatient. He wanted to start moving; he needed to smell fresh air for the closed environment inside the tavern the air was heavy, intoxicating of sweat and old ale. He was a ranger, and he longed for the freedom of the forest once more. He was never quite a city nor village person, but he every once in a while understood the need to visit them, to avoid losing his mind. It served as a constant reminder that he himself is not an animal, and that he is bound to a society where animals were not. When the door went up outside the sun was blocked out by a clouds in the sky and the vampire moved uncomfortable towards the window to look outside and saw that what had started out as a “beautiful sunny” morning was shifting into a clouded and possible raining day. In the sky outside a single raven flew and landed outside setting itself on a sign on the opposite side of the street.

“The weather is shifting, rain is on the horizon. And a single raven an omen if one believes in such.”
The ranger remarked mostly to himself, he had not realized that he had spoken it out but little did it matter anyways. They had made their acquaintances and they had their plan, now was the time to set it into motion.

Minotauric
04-06-10, 08:23 AM
“And I don't know anyone who is so comfortable around the undead and minotaurs without at least getting to know them first.” Talen replied, his eyes darting around the group.

Seeing a good opportunity to 'make a friend', Rham lumbered over to where Talen sat, "Ne kieh es Kothian mi arenetha?" He spoke intentionally in his own language simply because he didn't actually want to hear why any minotaur should make someone uncomfortable, though he knew quite well why as he gave Talen a toothy grin.

He hefted his large sword up onto his shoulder, "Undead, hah, I seen rats more disturbing." He turned to Alis and winked, smiling. Though Rham was only joking, he could not help but be a little dissapointed in the fact that this particular undead was of elf descent. Rham's best friend Haelsa had been an elf. The one thing that annoyed Rham the most about Haelsa was the fact that he could move so quickly. Rham was a fast fighter, but Haelsa, and any other elf for that matter, could be very light on his feet, making him hard to keep up with when he was trying to deal his friend some well deserved beating, or at least they were well deserved in Rham's eyes.

Rham snorted absent mindely to the vampire's comment, "Omens. They are of no meaning." The rain was a welcome sight to him, his entire journey so far had consisted of sun and more sun. His long fur kept him from keeping cool so many times, he had to resort to wetting himself down to keep the heat away.

Rham tapped his foot impatiently now, he was in a hurry to leave. The man, Haro, had interrupted his drinking, even though it was with yet another drink, to take him on a quest, and now he was anxious to leave.

"What you all doing? You sit and talk about what you want, but don't take. Let us leave now," he said.

Duffy
04-06-10, 08:40 AM
"Aye," Duffy said, nodding in agreement with the general sentiment to depart. "Let's be 'avin' us and make it up as we go along, although a plan," he nodded to Talen and Hairo, "is good to 'ave all the same."

Sobeing up slightly, he bounded about the tavern, limbering up for whatever lie ahead on the open road. Fighting and stealing and living life to the full, he almost started to feel young again. Outside a crowd was gathering for a local festival, and inside,the tavern was beginning to swell with activity, patrons from far and wide coming to taste the wonders of Donkey Piss Ale. The burgeoning life of Scara Brae would provide the rag-tag troupe of vigilantes with excellent cover in which to leave for their task.

Alis Grave Nil
04-06-10, 06:14 PM
Though the vampire noble man heard the words spoken of undead, he knew not that they where meant for him. The joke on Alis Grave Nil’s behalf made by the Minotaur equally where lost to him and where misinterpreted from the bow wielders side as a statement meant from the vampire to back up. It confused him at first, for a ranger such as himself who lived for most part in the great outdoors found creatures the less frightening than the walking dead. A confused smile from his face escaped as he turned to the group and responded.

“sorry?”
The vampire viewed the large minotaur up and down, a little puzzled but he did his best to hide it.

“No creature of Mother Nature is disturbing in my eyes, but on the matter of the dead I must agree with our pale companion[Reffrence to Talen] here.”
Alis was on his way to call the pale figure a creature but he had caught himself before expressing it. He wanted to call him human or a man but it came to his attention that his face was half obscured by his hood and one could not know if perhaps an elf could hide beneath there or some other kind of creature with human build. He wished not to offend anyone, not atleast without good reason so he tried to keep it as neutral as possible. The person who had introduced himself as duffy earlier, though the vampire wasn’t sure what his name was, for he had not paid him much heed before now. The ranger found his way with words, peculiars. That was the best word to describe it; it was unusual, strange or somewhat inconvenient for Alis for he had a hard time understanding him.

Minotauric
04-06-10, 10:09 PM
Ooc-

my apologies. I mistook alis for the undead. Who is the undead then? Duffy? Sorry. Getting confused. I'll just blame it on rham's innabillity to speak common very well ic. Xd

Haro Hailblade
04-07-10, 11:09 PM
Haro Hailblade stood and looked around. "Alright, if there are no more questions then let's head out and make our personal preperations. After your ready we'll make our way for Corone'." Haro streached as he headed out the door with every one else. He pull Talen asside as he was heading for the bazar. "Say, what's up. You were pailer than normal in there."

Hysteria
04-10-10, 10:08 AM
@Minotauric: Alis has the Vampire (Undead), where as Talen (my character) is just pale.

@Haro: Rather than journeying somewhere, we should just stay in this town and take out the caravan, seems much easier.

The shadow puppeteer sank into his chair as the Minotaur approached him and spoke in its native tongue. With his eyes wide and without confirming the creature's statement Talen just sat there and stared back. Rham turned his attention quickly away from Talen, and the pale boy felt a weight come off his chest.

“Paler?” echoed Talen to Haro, unaware of his whiter-than-normal skin colour.

The group seemed anxious for action and Talen was anxious to get away from the present company for at least a little while. An idea clicked into place.

“This town is pretty small, it wouldn't be hard for us to keep a look out at the main gate for when the caravan arrives.” ventured Talen, a little faster than normal, “I'll go and keep watch for when they arrive.”

The cool breeze pushed against Talen's skin as he walked through the small town. His skin felt slightly damp after the stressful encounter in the tavern, and he was enjoying being away from the others. It wasn't that Talen didn't want to try and take the caravan, nor that he didn't like the other people, it was more that he had never been in such a situation before.

As he walked along the dirt road he vaguely thought about what they needed to do. He had killed before, but only in self-defence. This was a calculated attack on someone, something very different to what he had done before. Regardless, Talen was going to go through with the plan, he had given his word.

Talen reached the open main gate of the town. It was a small gate, with little more than a small fence with a gap in it for the road. Talen sat down on a barrel again the wall of a near by building and settled in for a long wait. It would probably be thirty minutes till the caravan came through, but when it did Talen needed to get back to the tavern as soon as possible.

So, to try and get us on some sort of path, the caravan will come through in my next post, you can do whatever you want, but perhaps either coming to the gate or staying in the tavern would be the simplest. When its through we can stalk them as they leave the caravan and knock them off.

Duffy
04-30-10, 04:35 AM
As the group disbanded, Duffy too faded from sight. With a joy in his stride, he walked along the dusty lanes like a bumbling fool, whistling a tune to the sparrows and swallows of the early afternoon. He did not have a plan, plans were for the organised and faithful followers of life, no, Duffy did not have a plan at all. It was fortunate then that the others did, but he made the decision to go along with whatever they decided. When it came down to the wire, he would improvise, as best he could.

He passed a small stone cottage, set back from the street and covered in jasmine and ivory white petals. These little moments of beauty took even Duffy aback, who had seen many things more marvellous but none so simple and radiant. "It's a shame crime comes to these little nooks of wonderment," he spoke to no-one in particular but no attempts to whisper. He made out a cat on the porch enjoying the sunshine and smiled, his life, at least for the day was complete, even though the urge to run up to the feline and snuggle it's tummy was overwhelming.

He walked on towards the town's gate and slipped down an alleyway. The chill of the shade caused him to pull his demi-cloak tighter and adjust his socks so that they covered more of his leg. He did star jumps to bring warmth and life back into his limbs. Content that he would pull anything, he started to climb up the drainpipe affixed to the outer side of what appeared to be a guard house. "Urggh," he roared, as he rolled onto the roof and was re-awakened by the heat.

It had been a while since he had done any adventuring, and without much cause for concern, he sat upright and looked down at the great gate that lead out to the wilderness of the unknown beyond. He could see one of the others approach and take up a vantage point also, and was satisfied that he was not amongst incompetents; someone had to make up for Duffy's ability to wreck the perfect moment with over eagerness, after-all. He ambled to the edge of the building and crouched like a vengeful vigilante ready to pounce, looking out across the green blanket of beyond for signs of the caravan.

The summer brought him to life in a flurry of gilded leaves and jade blooms.

Haro Hailblade
06-06-10, 11:37 PM
Haro Hailblade was just coming out of the shop with an inch thick stack of parchment which he carefully placed inside his book pouch. He readjusted his blue vest over his white shirt and moved to an alleyway and climbed up a window ledge and looked back down and shook himself. Haro looked over the rooftops and noticed Duffy on one of the other roofs. Haro sat for a second to gather the courage to jump the roof tops.

After several panicked jumps and a few close calls, He was standing next to Duffy. "Man thats cool, but scary. Have you found any sign of them." Haro was concentrating so hard at the job at hand that he forgot his fear. When he spoke he was still confident.

Hysteria
06-10-10, 12:55 PM
The street was quiet near the front gate, seemingly much more quiet than it should be. Unfortunately for the young shadow warrior, he didn’t realise the distinct lack of people in the small town. There had been people in the tavern, but for a town on a common trading route there weren’t anywhere near enough.

A caravan slowly appeared on the road heading into the town flanked by four men on horses and carrying another six. Like Sabre said, five of the men were well armed and looked like they could handle themselves. One of the guards was some sort of ogre but the rest looked human. Talen watched the caravan for a while and slowly stood up. He turned and headed away from the gate, but saw Duffy and Haro standing on top of one of the buildings.

“Oi! See them? We should get ready.” Called Talen up to the pair.

The shadow puppeteer turned back to the front gate and frowned. The warriors, even so far away seemed to carry themselves like professionals. The youth didn’t like their chances in a pitched battle. Talen knew they would have to separate them to take them out, divide and conquer.

Some Baddies for us ^.^
Swordsman ( http://www.epilogue.net/cgi/database/art/view.pl?id=107215) Archer (http://www.epilogue.net/cgi/database/art/view.pl?id=107798) Hunter (http://www.wocstudios.com/images/4e14.jpg) Light Swordsman (http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh275/Ravingdork/DoppelgangerRogue.jpg) Ogre Swordsman (http://prolixwag.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/ogre-magi.jpg)

Duffy
06-11-10, 06:15 AM
Duffy cocked his head over his shoulder and smiled brightly at Haro. He was beginning to suspect that he would be alone in all of this, and acknowledged his question with a point across the gate towards a speck on the looming horizon. "I'd wager a guess that caravan is the one Talen is on about, although we'll have to wait for it to get closer, naturally." He shuffled his feet and dove his hands into his pockets, not sure what exactly to say to keep the conversation flowing in a sticky situation.

He double checked his weapons and unsheathed Wainwright's Riposte and Tooth to give them a twirl between eager fingers and thumbs. Without thinking he started to sing in a low strung baritone a folk song in tradespeak he doubted any of the other renegade vigilantes would have known. It passed the time without too much awkward airs and graces, and finally the caravan came into clear sight. Talen's booming voice drew Duffy's attention back into the square in front of the gate and he waved.

"Yes!" He shouted, trying to quell his voice enough to not give their position away to anyone out in the fields. He waved Talen to the foot of the building, prodding his fingers down to the group of boxes and barrels that curved inwards to the right, offering a natural barrier of defence against the caravan as it entered the gate with a trundling rumble.

"Haro," he glanced at the overtly confident man and smiled again, trying his charm and his dab hand at a little light-hearted leadership, "drop down with Talen and take cover...when I give the signal, which will be a big woosh of flame," he made an erruption motion in the air like a storyteller enthralling children at bedtime, "dive up and down and pick off one of the swordsman, but not until I've picked off that blasted archer, ya hear?"

Up on the roof, the idyllic and somewhat lacklustre noise of the town fell into nothingness, replaced instead by the sound of his feet clattering on the tiles, his heart beating in his chest and the castigating breeze that carried sporadic golden leaves through the air. As the caravan came under the great gate and the rear guard fanned out in front of the wagon, Duffy looked down at the two swordsmen and the hunter and smiled with fire in his eyes and just enough alchohol in his belly.

"Talen!" He jetted his voice down to the shadowalker, stand fast, I'll come in from behind and take out our friend with the bow, that'll throw them into confusion and once set, Hairo will drop in, and you come from the front...let's hope the others decide to turn up in the nick of time at some point..." He paused for a moment, checking for acknowledgement before skitteringg out of sight over the rooftops and onto the town's outer wall.

With cautious, silent steps he approached the gate house and crept onto the crow's nest directly above the caravan. He dropped out of sight and landed with almost divine grace, and leant against the back of the wagon with his back flat against the canvas and rickety wood.

He peered out cautiously and waited for Haro and Talen to take their positions before sneaking up to the hunter who was barely ten feet from him to deliver his opening line directly into the back of both his kidneys.

Alis Grave Nil
06-11-10, 07:11 AM
The vampire was not for the theatric part. He knew the effect of fear and confusion could play great parts in the game of war, but he preferred the ruthless efficiency of clean kills. He had made his way to the gate and pressed himself against the wall and activated his veil as the caravan came into town. Bow ready he could se Talen, duffy and the others communicate but he had not the time for such matters. The first signs of rain came, as he had predicted earlier. Mother nature was weeping for the blood to be spilled, but sometimes one must do a little evil in order to achieve greater good.

“Forgive me Mother Nature, you will understand, and if you don’t, then you are no mother of mine.”He said his voice made the sound of a swooping hawk and he came at full sprint towards the caravan. His enchanted vampire speed made it easy to close the distance rapidly, from the sky a hawk came down upon the ogre and his clumsy movement made him occupied with the fluent moves of the hawk. Behind the caravan came the vampire swooping in like the hawk had with his rapid movement, the dead noble man gave the ogre a kick in his back, as the marksman used him to ascend to the sky as the first arrow came loose and punched through the neck of the ogre. Alis grave nil pulled another arrow and fired it into the archer’s bicep as he was arming his bow. The noble vampire was amongst them, firing clean point blank shots into them, and they had no means of retaliation. His veil kept him hidden, and behind his veil, a sickly sinister grin was on his face, he could smell blood…

Hysteria
06-19-10, 10:47 AM
The hunter lifted his head to the side he could hear something coming from behind him. He twisted on his horse as Duffy thrust the daggers forwards. One struck his stomach and he fell from the horse and hit the ground with a thud. He struggled back to his feet and pulled his bow from his back but an arrow from Alis’s bow embedded itself in the Hunter’s arm. The man dropped the bow and groaned with pain. He pulled the Sickle off his horse and attacked Duffy one handed.

The Ogre doubled over with Ali’s arrow in its throat. He coughed and spluttered dark red blood and held its throat. With a roar it pulled the arrow out with a spray of blood. The Ogre climbed back to its feet and drew its sword as the wound in its neck started to close.

The Light Swordsman ducked behind the caravan away from Ali’s arrows and watched. He calmly waited for Alis to turn away and then stood out from behind the caravan. He walked up to the vampire with a smile on his face.

“I can see your foot prints, and now that I can see that…” The Light swordsman lifted his sword and slashed at Alis, “I CAN SEE YOU!”

The Archer stepped away from the barrels and with his bow drawn and an arrow nocked he slowly stepped around to get a clear line of sight on Duffy. The rest of the caravan was in a panic. The untrained men flailed weapons but didn’t leave the safety of the caravan.

It was time for the young shadow puppeteer to fight. The normal and meek persona of the youth had no place in a fight and with great effort he pushed it down and steeled himself. It scared Talen a little how easy it was to enjoy battle. The rush was intoxicating, but if you weren’t smart you became a notch in the belt of someone else.

Talen watched the caravan enter the gate from behind the barrels with a pang of annoyance. The others we attacking head on, but the guards not only looked more skilled than your average fighters, they out numbered the hodgepodge group. The youth realised that they needed to cut off the caravan’s escape route or it would simply ride away. With a heave he pushed against the barrels. They seemed like they wouldn’t move and in fact they didn’t. Talen cursed his weakness and shoved the barrels from on top of the pile, sending a few rolling towards the caravan. Then he renewed his push and the heap swayed and fell in a crash.

The barrels of beer, evidence from a few that cracked and spilt from the fall, rolled across the open area, effectively stopping the caravan from moving forwards. Talen drew his katana and gripped it with both hands as he surveyed the guards. Alis was effectively creating chaos in between their ranks, but Talen knew there wasn’t long before they regrouped. He focused on the area above his head and focused. Shadows twisted through the air and gathered together. The form darkened and solidified creating a black rose about the size of a head. The dark petals on the rose started to bloom and open slowly, two at first with more following.

Satisfied with the beginning of his spell Talen held his sword with one hand and reach into a pouch on his belt and pulled out a handful of caltrops. He ran forwards, eyeing the Ogre Swordsman. The creature seemed to be the least armoured of the group but Talen saw that his regenerative abilities seemed to make up for it. The shadow puppeteer skirted towards the Ogre but was intercepted by the Swordsman. The man easily jumped onto the fallen barrels and ran across them and leapt into air and landed in front of Talen.

“Your mine boy.” He said through his metal helmet.

Talen skidded to a halt.

Haro Hailblade
06-21-10, 06:47 PM
Haro nodded at Duffy's suggestion and jumped down from window sill to window sill till he got to the bottom. The barrels looked like a fine place to be, but Haro needed time to get several pages done and he needed to activate them from a distance. Haro started writing furiously, his pen flying like the wind. He had already completed three pages when the caravan had come into view. Haro continued writing, cursing himself for not being a faster scribe. He used several of the new words. Words that would make his writings even stronger. But they took more time to write because of it. And Haro had finished another two when the fighting started.

He didn't know exactly what was happening till it happened. An ogre fell with an arrow in his neck and the archer at the end had both, arrows and knives sticking out of himself. Haro needed one more page before he could start. But there was no time.

Haro ran from his place of hiding and took the ice spear page out first. It gathered the cold and shot a long icicle pointed at both ends at a swordsman that was after Tallen and grazed his shoulder. The ice shard hit just as his sword was raised. Next, Haro used one of his fire pages and aimed at the ogre. The giant hideous beast looked around and found Haro standing out in the open a hundred feet away.

Before the fire ball left the page, The ogre threw his weapon at Haro. The fire ball struck the beast and it fell in a flaming mass. But the large spiked club was still hurling toward Haro. Haro tried to run backwards but stumbled and rolled to the side. The club missed him and landed right where the schoolar had just been. Just three pages left, but Haro stuffed them into his book pouch and charged into battle. The song of his fathers charm ringing as he met the first swordsman blade to blade.

From the helmet of the swordsman he met came a familiar voice. "Well well well, what do we have here?" The evil eyes shone through the slits in the steal. It was Luscious. "Funny running into an old rival here of all places. I'll make good on my vow today. you will join me or you will die." And the blade That Haro had clashed with was the cruel, black, toothed, Curved blade from before.

The troop had started pushing through. Haro pushed and jumped back to put some distiance between them and threw an ice ball from a sheet and froze the wagon wheals to the ground. Haro returned to his fight with Luscious.

The black scimetar came down and tore through the air to crash with the Winged Dawn. Luscious swung again, his blade taking the light from the air and leading a trail of shadow. Haro parried the jaged piece of metal and swung back. Haro doged another slash and a swordsman had fallen behind Haro. The sword kept coming and Haro kept countering. A left outward swing countered with a parry into a thrust. Haro blocked a downward strike and did a semicircle swing to throw the sword and get in close. Luscious created a black veil of fire between the them and backed away. "We shall meat again, but for now I shall leave you to them." Luscious left in the veil of fire while the other swodsman tuned their attention to Haro.

Hysteria
08-04-10, 10:49 AM
Haro had intercepted the swordsman before Talen and the man crossed blades. Talen sniffed the air with indigence. The shadow puppeteer turned back to the caravan hand dipped his hand back into his pouch and dropped the caltrops back in. The young warrior knew that he had to end this quickly, and the best way to end something quickly was to flood it. “Be like water” as his old master used to say, “Water washes away even the strongest rock.”

Talen lifted his left hand above his head. Darkness twisted from the space just above his palm and twirled around each other and lifted up to a spot a foot above his hand. The darkness thickened and formed into another black rose. Talen didn’t have much time to think, the ogre kicked aside some of the barrels and charged towards the youth. Talen smiled, he lifted his left hand and pointed his palm towards the snarling humanoid. The bluish creature charged as Talen released volatile energy in the form of a black liquid. The spray struck the creature in the face, causing him to stumble to a stop. He worked furiously to wipe away the blinding mess, as Talen lifted his right hand, still holding the sword up to the spray. He flicked his wrist and triggered the device at his wrist. A spark clicked out and stuck the spray. The black liquid ignited and flames ripped across the ogre.

The beast roared with anger and it furiously batted the flames across its face. Talen gripped his sword with both hands and walked forwards. With a powerfully swing Talen struck the unprotected ogre’s neck. Talen pulled back the sword in a spray of blue blood and swung again, severing the creature’s head.

One down….

Haro Hailblade
04-19-11, 10:23 AM
Haro searched around for his allies, they were all preoccupied with their own battles, and it looked like it was going down hill. Haro notice several of the swordsmen were now heading his way. Haro charged into them, The first sword came close, but missed as he continued through the mass of steel and furry. The second sword was blocked as Haro weaved right, moving out of its path and into another. Barely raising his sword in time Haro jumped left and sprinted between the last two and barely missing one blade, and caching one tip in the side. Haro started hopping up the barrels and onto a roof. He started scribing scrolls as the others continues their battles, looking up words as he went.

this should take two turns, its going to be about 4 scrolls depending on what's happening.

Atenathon
10-28-11, 10:46 PM
(ooc)hope you don't mind if I join in.(/ooc)

The sound of metal clashing and cries of battle. The only thing that the dragoni knew better than the back side of his hand. He drew his steel short sword and charged into battle. The guard of the caravan were over taking a small band of misfit fighters. The caravan guard was beating them. Attenathon was about to assist the caravan when he noticed the golden leaves guild insignia on one of the carriages. He quickly changed targets to a small group of guards.
He pulled from deep within, gently touching a part of his soul that held the light within. And with a single thought brought it to his left hand. He threw the orb of light at the group of guards that he was charging twards and then waded into them as one would wade into water. slashing left and feinting right. Blocking a blow to the head and swining the blade so hard the man lost controle of his sword and then slashing his throat. Then trunning just in time to catch another blow to the side and return the favor by slashing the arm, disarming the man, and opening his head.

Haro Hailblade
01-06-12, 09:56 AM
(ooc) Yeah, thats cool. I am just kind of finishing it up for points and stuff. (ooc/)
Haro Looked up to see a new companion in the fight. As he continued in the fight Haro looked back to his paper and pen. He wasn't going to be able to finish them all in time. Only one scroll compleatly done and things were looking bad. All he needed was one to get them out of the fight. Even with the hand full of guards It was still not looking good. Everyone was at the end of their rope. Just something flashy, lots of fire. Fire, Haro looked down at the barrels and decided to finish the second fire scroll. He had a plan, risky, but if it worked It would scare off the guard or give them time to retreat. Haro could only pray that it was the prior. If they had to run, he feared they may be hunted like dogs. And at that point if the golden leaves didn't get them, the bandits or bounty hunters would.

Atenathon
01-06-12, 10:14 AM
Atenathon finished the last of his two men in the group with their own weapons. Ducking under one ax to let it strike its wielder's companion on the abdomen and open his armor, Atenathon came back up along with his blade into the armpit of the axman. The man fell and Atenathon rose. He noticed a scribe sitting inside the city on top of some barrels. A few guards were charging in his direction past a shadow puppeteer. Atenathon intercepted and stuck down the first man form behind, slicing his hamstring and stepping off of his shoulder into another. Haro Dodged a pole arm and ducked under a sword. "Whatever you are doing, you better finish up and Get out of here Scribe!," Atenathon shouted. "Your likely to get torn apart if you stay with this riff raff." Atenathon caught a blow to the shoulder from the pole arm and body slammed the swords man in his attempt to avoid the pole arm. The swords man grabbed him and Atenathon struggled to get out of his grip. The man wielding the pole arm swung the but of his weapon and struck Atenathon's face. The pole arm swung again and Atenathon dropped his weight just in time for the blade to hit the swordsman right in the helmet. Freed from the restraint Atenathon bashed the helmet of the pole arm guard and followed up with his blade to the throte.

Haro Hailblade
01-06-12, 10:51 AM
"I would move if I were you! Unless you enjoy getting scorched." Haro shouted back. The last word finished He got up and Jumped to the far end of the stack of barrels, Against a wall He grabbed the closest ledge and pushed with his feet against the barrels. They were fairly weighted and Haro hoped dearly that it was some sort of brandi and not pickled fish or fruit. The barrels tumbled and fell amongst the battle. One or two cracked open but Haro was too concerned with hanging on to notice what it was. He pulled the first page he tucked into his belt and pulled out the first fire page he had. Unfortunately the other fire ball page came out and fell among the barrels. Dangling there Haro poured what energy he could spare into the page and out came a single ball of fire that engulfed the first barrel that it came into contact and spread out on the liquid. Thank who ever was in heaven watching him that the liquid was ale. The strong sent made Haro feel slightly light headed as he pulled himself up. The caravan guards were scattered and the drivers turned around. In the chaos one of the carts were left behind, the driver dead in his seat. Haro laughed as he sat on the window sill that he aperantly grabbed and looked around. Haro was leaning back against the shutters till a fire ball shot up and tumbled him into the bedroom of a very well shaped woman. She screamed and started yelling at him. "Very sorry ma'am, Really, wait, please don't throw that. Ouch!" Haro jumped out of the window and then landed on a small pile of dead bodies that were burning. He imediately jumped off and got to a safe distiance from all of the bramble. "If thats what you get for being inventive than I am cursed with a grand imagination." Haro gripped. He looked down to asses himself and found several holes and scorch marks on his clothing. "Blast it all, These were good cloths."

Atenathon
01-06-12, 03:44 PM
Atenathon heard the shout from the scribe and got out of the path of tumbling barrels as they descended into the madness. "Stick to the pen scribe, and leave war to warriors." Atenathon shouted. But as he watched the scribe hang by a ledge, He pulled out a page and let another drop to the ground. And before Atenathon's eyes the page burst into a ball of fire and ignited the alcohol that was contained in the barrels. The fire spread and many barrels started bursting around the guards of the caravan. Atenathon ran out of the blast area of a few more barrels of the potent drink and watched the golden leaves all retreat accept one cart. Atenathon laughed out loud at the sight of a paled, scrawny scholar running out the golden leaves. "Now thats a sight I wish I could repeat!" But even more histerical was the sight of the scholar falling out of the window of the wench house. Atenathon waited till the man was clear of the flames and went to speak to him. He listened as the man complained about his garment and then patted him on the back. "That my friend is the rewards of a hard fight. that and spoils of war. Come on, lets divide up what's there."

Haro Hailblade
01-06-12, 04:21 PM
And so with the battle won the Hero's take from their spoils and depart their seperate ways. A cart full of riches and day of victory. A single battle of many.

I would just like to ask that each person gets 100 Gold for the spoils of the cart. and maybe a qulity weapon each. what that is can be up to you as the moderator.

Sagequeen
01-18-12, 05:06 PM
Gilded Leaves Make Poor Thieves

Plot Construction ~ 8/30

Story ~ 3/10 - I know the challenge here was dealing with a lot of people popping in and dropping out; with that said, the beginning drags for half of the story; a sort of awkward high school dance kind of feel pervades. It's jarring and disjointed the way the gathering was handled, and many of the posts weren't needed at all.

With so many different characters, it’s important to understand the concept of ‘bunnying.’ When you bunny someone else’s character, you take respectful control of their character for very basic tasks, like moving them from point A to point B, or very simple answers to questions that are asked by one's own character. Otherwise, you get a plethora of tiny posts that kill the flow of a story.

The rising action and climax were there, but not terribly compelling. I think they further down-played because the beginning devoured half the story. The ending, while I understand so many had dropped, was rather weak. A better final post would have possibly involved what was done with the gold, or the aftermath of a caravan heist on the outskirts of town, or just about anything besides the three sentences that were chosen as a wrap-up.

Also, a more detailed description of the protagonist, the Gilded Leaves, would have been very helpful; the group is only vaguely touched on a few times, and it reads more like the writers assume the reader will know to what they are referring.

Strategy ~ 3/10 – There were not a lot of instances where the characters' abilities and personalities really drove the story. The whole thing felt forced from the beginning, and aside from some nice use of skills by Haro and Talen, I'm not sure why any of them would take part in this heist, aside from what was stated point blank by Haro, and Duffy's skill to unload the goods.

Setting ~ 2/10 – For the most part, this was a blank stage. There was a tavern, but what did it look like? Did it smell funny? Then there was a trip outside to the outskirts of town – but what town was it? Was it large or small, old or new? Were there any people around? As writers, you must create the sensory perceptions you want your reader to experience involving more than just your characters. Use all the five senses, and in some cases, the sixth and seventh.

Characterisation ~ 7/30

Continuity ~ 3/10 – There was almost nothing here that brought the world in which the action took place to life. There wasn't any culture, any part of this that felt like Althanas, or any specific place at all. The first step is establishing a setting. Then, give the breath of life to the setting through dialog (both NPC and character), and describing the players' actions within the setting. If the setting is a dry desert; continuity is showing the culture that exists in a dry desert, perhaps that water is scarce so the locals consider spitting on the ground the biggest of insults or honors. (Taking a page from Dune here. ^^) Take your setting and make it walk and talk - or squawk, if it's an uninhabited area with which you contend.

Interaction ~ 2/10 – It was awkward, in almost all cases. The beginning needed to be greatly streamlined, and there was no real compelling reason for the characters to come together. Additionally, the way they interacted was forced and clunky with tiny posts. Some of the action was entertaining, like using a fireball on the barrels of alcohol, but overall, it was confusing and disjointed. I understood and appreciated what you guys were trying to accomplish, and next time, some simple planning through a quest recruitment thread or through PM's could serve very well.

Character ~ 2/10 – Most of the characters seemed a little flat. Well done dialog is one strategy for showing the depth of your character, and so, too, is describing some 'telling' things about them. One example is Alis being confused at being called undead; that is a good way to show your character instead of just telling who he or she is. Haro, your character is undoubtedly interested in doing good, so why not show it through his actions instead of saying so, expecting the reader to take your word for it. Show the evidence through you character's actions.

Writing Style ~ 9/30

Creativity ~ 3/10 – There was a pronounced lack of imagery, in the way of metaphors and other advanced literary techniques. Instead of saying 'the ogre knocked over the barrels,' dress it up and make it epic. For example, 'the blood-soaked ogre smashed into the wooden barrels, breaking them apart as if they were constructed of matchsticks.' This way, the reader has that picture in his or her mind of the breadth of the action.

Beyond that, a caravan heist isn't terribly uncommon, although the reason for the heist, to do good, was a nice turn.

Mechanics ~ 3/10 – Honestly, most of the errors came from a simple lack of proofreading and editing. There were many, many sentence fragments and run-ons. I would first suggest that posts be written in a word processing program; it will catch the outright misspellings (and prevent the loss of all you've done in case of an Internet or computer error). Then read what you've written – out loud. Make sure every sentence has a subject and a verb; if it does not, it is not a sentence and should be combined with one that meets that criteria.

Clarity ~ 3/10 – There were many awkward jumps from one post to the next, one character to the other, that were very clunky and left me wondering what was happening. The action was jerky a considerable amount of the time, and even the mechanics errors caused a lot of problems in this category. I had to re-read a lot of this story several times.

Wildcard: 4/10 – What I'd like to close with is this: when you make a post, ask yourself what you are adding to the story. What is the quality of the content you are submitting? Simply answering a question asked by another character with a post of a few sentences breaks the flow of a story and doesn't add a whole lot. It's clear that the thread was open, so anyone who wanted to join would be welcome. So in this case, the group's leader could have easily been bunnied to accept others into his group.

Total ~ 28/100

Spoils are as follows:

Everyone who took part in the heist recieves 50 GP. Haro receives 100 GP since he was there beginning to end.

Haro Hailblade receives a vial of ink for his Ivory Pen that enables him to scribe at three times the normal speed he could before. The ink is good for 10 uses, and the enchantment fades completely after three months from the current date. (1/18/2012)

Haro Hailblade receives 250 EXP and 140 gold.
Hysteria receives 196 EXP and 80 gold.
Alis Grave Nil receives 140 EXP and 80 gold.
Duffy Bracken receives 202 EXP and 80 gold.
Minotauric receives 100 EXP and 70 gold.
Atenathon receives 100 EXP and 70 gold.

Letho
03-12-12, 05:22 PM
EXP/GP added.