PDA

View Full Version : Sibling Rivalry (Solo)

Shadow
07-28-06, 03:08 AM
Nicolei's eyes flashed evilly as he sunk his teeth into the neck of the young woman he held tightly against his chest, her eyes staring up into his own, and her lips quivering in fear as she begged for her life, only to follow with her scream as he plunged his sharp fangs into her jugular line and drank in her sweet blood. His hands were placed most gentlemen like, one upon her back, the other cradling her head and yet holding firmly her hair as to keep her head backward as he drank her dry. Her eyes were a soft blue, much like the sky, and her hair was as golden as the sun that Nicolei could never see due to his vampiric nature. She was a beautiful collection to the damned souls that Nicolei had stolen, which made Nicolei content in his catch. She had been wandering a dark alley way, fleeing from some man who no doubt wished to pillage her body for whatever carnal pleasures he had in mind. The man lay dead on the sidewalk, and the girl had thanked Nicolei gratefully, however mortified at the sight of blood. Nicolei had been entranced by her beauty from the start, and the white satin dress that clung tightly to her body made Nicolei weak. Nicolei could feel her heart slow as he continued to drink her blood; he loved the last heart beats against his chest of those that he killed, which he was sure was about to follow...but did not.

The day started like any other as Nicolei was awoken and brought out of his dream that he had so often, to the familiar sounds of footsteps approaching outside of his door. The even familiar sound of a knock upon it followed, and the sweet voice of the girl who brought him breakfast every morning calling out through the door in attempt to waken his already waken self.

"Sir, your breakfast is here on time. Compliments of Mr. Sablin the owner. I hope you enjoy it, cause god knows in the five years I've worked for him, he's never given me a free meal, let alone had someone bring it to me in bed." The girl called out from behind the thick wooden door, pushing back her curly brown hair and pressing her ear up against the door for any signs of life coming from within it, and her black eyes stared intently at the handle for any signs of movement. "Thank you Ilena, your on schedule as usual I'm guessing, and I'm sure you brought the sauce this time with you. I wouldn't want to have to complain to Mr. Sablin that your forgetful nature has caught up with you again" Nicolei called out to her, rising from the wooden framed bed, and slipping his robe over his body. His feet made a creaking noise on the hard wood floor beneath him, while his eyes surveyed the room that he had slept in so many times. It was filled like a simple common Inn room. A wooden framed bed in the corner, covered with a simple white sheet set, and a night stand beside the bed and a coat rack beside that in the far corner. Nothing more, nothing less.

"Damn...the sauce again. I'm sorry Sir, I forgot the sauce, It will be just a moment and I will be back with it, I greatly apologize!" She said fearful that her boss would find out and punish her with a deduction on her salary, as she turned to hurry off to get the sauce from the kitchen.

"No need Ilena, I had the feeling you'd forget it again. You always do every time I stay at the Inn, and I would be concerned if suddenly you remembered. You also know that I never cared for the sauce in the first place other than knowing you would forget it." Nicolei said smirking to himself as he approached the door, taking hold of the knob and opening the door. Outside stood the same service girl that had served him nearly every time he had visited. He had grown to like to her despite her faith in god, which was obvious as she had a bible laying on her bed stand the night Nicolei had seduced her into inviting him into her room for the night. "It's good to see you again Ilena, you must have already been asleep when I wandered into the tavern last night. Boris said you had the day off, it was such a disappointment not to see your lit up face last night as I came into the Inn."

"Still the gallant charmer I see Mr. Selezen. I'll have you know I have better things to do on my days off than to wait by the front door for you to arrive in town and attempt to get into my pants." She said with a gleam in her eye and a wide grin upon her face. Her hands were placed gently on her hips and her eyes stared deeply into his own. "Yes, and what rather large pants they are getting to be Ilena. You should lay off the pork roast here. It goes straight to your hips." Nicolei responded without hesitation, preparing for her either smack him if she was in a particularly bad mood, or shrug it off with a laugh. Apparently she was in a good mood as she struck his shoulder with a sharp smack and spoke once again "Your terrible Nicol..Mr. Selezen...My figure is something you wont be seeing tonight with that remark. Anyway, your foods cold as it is, you better eat up, Mr. Sablin wishes to speak with you after your prepared for the day. Hes in the back room as usual, going over the bills for the month." She then quickly turned on her heel and headed downstairs to the tavern below the Inn.

After a quick meal of raw meat, without the special sauce he ordered every time, Nicolei grabbed his loot sack and slung it over his shoulder, following downstairs. Emerging from the winding staircase, he looked around the room to see two men already in the tavern and getting their morning fill of booze. One was a short man, fairly bald and fat, who reeked of vodka and was desperately in need of a shave and a bath from his apparent odor. The other was a tall thin man, bald as well, with a tobbaco pipe hanging from his rather large mouth, filling the air with the scent of cheap tobacco from the corner shop down the street. Both were engaged in some conversation having to do with recent activities of the mayor of Sariego. Good ole Ivan. Still smuggling illegal things into town no doubt. I'll have to go by and pay him a visit when I'm done here. I'm sure the mayor of Sariego would be happy to see me again. Knocking rather harshly on the door behind the tavern counter, Nicolei waited patiently for a response from the Innkeeper he knew so well. "Yes, what is it? This better be good Ilena, you know I don't like being interrupted when it comes time to do the bills."

"I'm sorry Boris, but I quit!" Nicolei squeaked in his best impression, a smug grin upon his face as he waited for a response. "Damnit Nicolei. Get your ass in here, your not fooling anyone. Seriously, had it been that girl she would have had a piece of my mind. No doubt she forgot your sauce again this morning eh?" The man said as Nicolei slowly opened the door, his back to the man as he shut it quickly, turning around to face a rather large man sitting on an old wooden chair up against an even older looking desk. Papers placed wildly upon it, and a single candle lit in the dark room despite the sun shining in through a window to the right. The man was dressed in a white shirt which was obviously to small for him as it failed to cover his rather large stomach, and a pair of trousers falling off of his even larger ass. "Hello Boris, it's good to see you again. You were a little wasted last night when I wandered into the tavern, but I'm glad to see despite your raging alcoholism, you were able to recognize me amongst the one other man in the bar".

"It's good to see you to Nicolei, despite the blood dripping from your ugly face last night." the man said chuckling to himself, followed by Nicolei laughing with him. The man rose from the chair and gave Nicolei a firm hand shake meant for only the best of friends, before pulling Nicolei into a hug which nearly shattered his rib cage. Nicolei was strong, but when a three hundred pound over weight man gave you a hug of friendship, it didn't matter how strong you were. "So what brings you to Sariego Nicolei? Back to see the home town are you? or are you here on perhaps more urgent business. I hear theres a band of thieves up north, smuggling artifacts out of town, and theres word of another...demon around the old graveyard." The man cringed as he said the word 'demon'. That's where Nicolei had met Boris Sablin in the first place. Boris had been cornered in a dark alleyway, pressed for cash from a lone shark who dabled in the dark arts, and used Mung Demons as his collectors. The demon had been a fair match for Nicolei, but wasn't the smartest as Nicolei had gotten the upper hand and staked the demon with a two by four. It wasn't a vampire, but the staking had finished him off just the same. That was why Nicolei was able to get free room here, along with a fresh meal whenever he stayed.

"No No, nothing of the sort. I'm not interested in demons, or thieves today Boris. I'm simply here to relax and perhaps learn some more about my family from the museum in town. I hear they have my fathers old sword on display their, and every time I've come to town, it's been closed for renovations due to some accident happening prior to my arrival."

"Well, whatever the reason, good luck to you my friend. Feel free to grab a bottle on the way out, or if you like, I have something special for you I picked up awhile back in Silvar. It's under the bar stool in my special keep sake." the man said, tossing Nicolei a small key which he had removed from his pocket. "Leave the key with Ilena when your done, and I have a great memory Nicolei, don't try to swindle me out of anything else. It's a purple long necked bottle, and that's the only one you get.". With that said, the man turned back to the stack of papers on his desk and dipping his quill pen into the bottle of ink, placed the spectacle from his front pocket, upon his left eye and went back to work.

After opening the small storage place set into the floor beneath the bar stool, Nicolei stared amongst a dozen bottles of liquid, and a couple small packaged tied tightly with rope. There amongst them sat the purple long necked bottle to which Nicolei helped himself to. Inside lay a dark red liquid which sloshed around as Nicolei raised the bottle before his eyes to read the white label placed upon it. To Nicolei, picked this up in Silvar. Last bottle they had, hope you enjoy -Boris. Brood Blood, 100% Pure. Bottled 1734. "You Son of a bitch! How the hell did you get ahold of a bottle of Brood Blood. I haven't had a sip of this since my first trip to Silvar. Your a good man Boris, I owe ya one." Nicolei mumbled under his breath, rising from his knees against the hard wood floor, after closing and locking the storage place.

Nicolei rose from behind the bar, his eyes glancing around the place once more, and spotting the two men having moved to a back corner, this time he heard something come from their lips that made him stop dead in his track. "Yeah, you hear about that old castle thirty miles south of town. It's got a new owner, he re furnished the place, made it look real nice. Kinda dark setting it is now though, monsters hang out their, and they say anyone who goes near it doesn't go away from it again.." The man with the pipe mumbled amidst the smoke pouring out of his mouth as well. "I hear the new owner is a Count. He goes by the name Dimitri Selezen..."

Shadow
07-28-06, 03:19 AM
Even upon hearing the name spoken from between the counter of the bar, it took a moment to register with Nicolei's brain. His face contorted into that of a murderous rage, as his right fist clenched into a small ball of hate so tight that his fingernails dug into his skin and released his own blood to drip upon the wooden floor of the tavern beneath him. Nicolei hadn't noticed but the bottle in his other hand had begun to crack along the neck where he was squeezing it tightly. His eyes had narrowed to that of slits and his fangs emerged from under his top lip as the lip itself began to slowly curl upwards in a snarl like glare. The soft pattering sound of his own blood and the cracking of the bottle brought him to his senses however still extremely angered. Selezen! How dare this man take my family name. Count or not, I'm going to find him and make him wish he hadn't been born with that name. Then I'm going to find his parents if their still alive and make them wish the same. If not, they won't have a grave left to rest in, and I'll be damned if there will be anything left of their son to place in a grave.

"A Count you say? Must be very rich indeed, but why he would buy a castle in these parts. Personally Silvar is a better looking place than these parts nowadays, but that Selezen name sure belongs here. As I recall there used to be a Count and Countess here by that name several hundred years ago, they had a son as it were...odd...they named him Dimitri as it were. Maybe the new count is playing off of history; you think Bernard?" said the fat bald man, raising up his bottle of vodka and taking another large swig of it. "Could be, but who knows, could be a coincidence as well Renaldo. Selezen means Drake if I'm correct; could be he just liked the name. Personally I think the name is stup..." the man with the pipe didn't even get to finish that last word before there was a quick movement from behind the bar and Nicolei was beside both the men, his right hand clutching the throat of the one who had been about to insult his own last name. The mans mouth was open gasping for air, as Nicolei held him tightly, and the pipe he had been smoking lay against the ground, smoke still billowing up from it, however tobacco spilled upon the floor.

"What the hell are you doing boy? Let go of him now! screamed the man who had been called Renaldo. The fat man had begun to slowly rise from his seat, taking hold of the bottle of vodka in his right hand, and grasping it like he was preparing to bash Nicolei over the head with it. Another quick movement to the eyes of the men, and the pipe smoker lay flat, chest down upon the table they had been sitting at, while the bottles that had been atop it, lay smashed against the floor. The man who had been holding the bottle of vodka, stood frozen in surprise and terror, as the bottle he was holding was nothing more than a mouth piece in his hand; the rest in pieces upon the floor, and a rather large piece stuck in the side of Nicolei's hand which had seconds earlier been holding the man by the throat. Once again blood began to slowly run down the side of Nicolei's hand, as he replaced it upon the back of the pipe smoker's neck which was still face down. "I suggest you sit down Sir. Unless you would like poor Bernard here, to have his innards ripped out and fed to him, and for him to have a new place to smoke that pipe from.... SIT!" Nicolei screamed as the man fell back into his chair more from the startling scream, then of his own free will.

Slowly Nicolei's upper lip curled back over the tops of his fangs as he stared at the fat man, which caused the man's eyes to go wide with even more terror. "No don't! Please, he's a good man, don't eat him! He has children, and grandchildren!" plead the fat man. The entire time the fat man had been pleading, muffled screaming and gasps for air emerged from between the wood of the table and the pipe smokers mouth. "I wouldn't eat this old thing if I was paid to. I just want you to know, that I'm faster than you, and the moment you try something again, that I'm going to snap your neck, but not before forcing the remains of that bottle in your hand, into your right eyeball". With his last statement said, Nicolei grasped the back of the man upon the tables shirt, and pulled him backwards into his chair, releasing his hold upon him. The man's nose was obviously broken, as he was clutching his bleeding nose in pain, and screaming behind his hands. Another dead give away, was the giant stain of blood that had been left upon the wooden table in front of him. Another quick movement as Nicolei kneed the fat man in the stomach as the man attempted to get up, no doubt attempting to help his friend and the broken nose he had to deal with. Nicolei stared down atop the bald head of the man who was now doubled over clutching his stomach in pain and nearly puking from to much ingested alcohol.

With a single movement of his hand, Nicolei clutched what remaining hair was atop the bald mans head, and pulled his head backwards harshly. Their eyes now meeting one another, Nicolei spoke a little more calmly, however with his usual down to business tone. "This count you speak of, when did he move into it, and where exactly is it located?" Nicolei said, remaining a firm hold upon the mans hair, and staring deeply into his eyes, while his fangs remained known to the fat man. "Why should I tell you? You come in here and beat up an old man, only for some information, no doubt to ruin the new Count's life? I won't tell you nothing. Your going to kill us any ways, so you might as well make it quick, and get it over with. We've both lived long enough, and Bernard their doesn't have children or grandchildren, that was a lie. We have nothing but our booze to keep us company, so do your worse vampire. "

Nicolei was slightly amazed that the man had suddenly stood up to him, despite the blow to the stomach, the obvious fangs staring him in the face, and his friends broken nose. Another quick movement, and the man with the broken nose had been flung out of the front window, into the snow that lay outside of the tavern, surrounded by glass shards and nearly knocked senseless. The loud shattering and other noises were easily heard by Boris in the other room, however he did not rise or attempt to stop Nicolei. Boris knew better than to interrupt whatever was happening, instead he remained and continued doing bills. Nicolei once again, clutching the man's hair, looked down into his eyes once again, and spoke with an aggravated tone. "Are you going to reconsider, or am I going to have to force you to..." Nicolei didn't even finish his sentence as the man forced a wad of spit into his mouth, and released it directly into the general direction of Nicolei's face. The wad of spit traveled slowly out of the mans mouth, his tongue easily seen and his lips puckered into a kissing position, as Nicolei simply moved his head to the side, the wad travelling past him about half a minute later to Nicolei, however to the man it seemed like it had hit Nicolei square in the face, only to make his eyes go wide in horror as he could see Nicolei was dry. The man attempted to scream, as Nicolei clutched the mans mouth on either side, forcing it open. Nicolei's other hand with a single movement, popped the cork from the top of the bottle of brood blood and began force feeding it into the mans mouth. After several minutes of the man attempting to fight his way to freedom, and attempting to push out the liquid which had made its way successfully down the mans throat, the bottle was empty.

"This is known as Brood Blood. You may not know, but Brood Blood is from that of a nearly extinct demon, sought after for none other than its blood. The blood itself is an alcoholic beverage, more powerful than anything man made. However it's made for demons, and monsters alike. Any human who drinks it, finds that in mere minutes, they are literally puking up their insides. Tell me what I want to know, and I will tell you how to save yourself." Nicolei said, his grasp on the man's face released, his body lying back in the seat the man with the pipe had been in minutes earlier. "Thirty miles..south of here, through the dead forest..." the man attempting to say, bile running down his jaw and falling with a sickening plopping sound upon the mans shirt. "dried up trail five miles...from here....been there a month the count has.." the man quickly clutched at his throat, as he felt a burning beyond words, and an obvious rumbling escaped from his stomach. The man was covered profusely in his own sweat, and his eyes were literally bulging out of his head, while his veins stood out irregularly throughout his body. His skin itself had slowly began to swell and deepen red, as the irregular veins began to show signs of collapsing. The man began to hurl forward, and make a large hacking sound much like a cat attempting to dislodge a hair ball. A quick movement and he was outside, face down in the snow, with Nicolei towering beside him.

"Oh, and much like you lied about the children and grandchildren old man. I lied that there was a way I could help you, however your information was very much appreciated. I hope you and your friend find peace with whatever form of god you worship, because in a moment your veins are going to collapse, and you are going to go into shock as the blood seeps through your body freely. Then you are you going to feel an even more intense pain before you die, as you puke up your own liver. Something you will find ironic, as you have no doubt abused it over these years drinking yourself stupid. Then as I recall, your lungs are to follow. You weren't a smoker were you?. Well any ways, you'll be dead by that point, however your body of it's own accord, will continue to discard your innards. Your mouth will be something no woman will ever wish to kiss again after this.". With that said, Nicolei slowly turned to stare down at the man clutching his nose, obviously unaware of what was to come for him, however shaking and peeing himself at the sight of his own friend.

"You sir, I am tempted to leave alive simply for the pleasure of watching your friend die, and then attempting to find a mortuary who would even think of holding a service after looking upon what he will look like after another few minutes. However you would no doubt bring upon me a man hunt, and I can't have that." One final quick movement emerged from Nicolei's body, and the man was dead. Staring to admire his handy work, Nicolei looked up at the man who had been so full of life moments earlier. The man's body hung crucified upside down above the tavern door, his pipe missing from view however smoke issuing from the mans mouth as Nicolei turned and headed south to the sounds of screaming, and of several objects and liquids splashing upon the snow behind him.