PDA

View Full Version : Canen's final journey. *Recruitment*

Falcon Darkflight
07-28-06, 10:37 AM
This is set a couple of months after Canen leaves the Grander's Order and joins Step.

The Haicheyanne have attacked a small village outside Radasanth, killing all of its civilian occupants and threatening the security of the city itself. It is not a random attack, but the first step in a deceptively simple plan: force all out war between the living world and the dead. This will draw their target, Canen Darkflight, and his troops out of solitude and leave them unprotected and unprepared - and an easy target.

Nocturnis has been a long dead realm, plagued with thousands of Haicheyanne that still stalk the ruins to this day. They search in vain for something to kill, something to destroy, yet they remain under the immediate command of Asmodeus's independant creation - the loathsome Icarus Pentagathon. Armed with formidable weaponry and powerful magic, Icarus intends to finish Canen off once and for all remove any threat standing between him and his ultimate goal: total domination of both the living and the dead worlds, once he realises the Haicheyanne portals can reach Althanas.

This quest involves three parts:

Memories of Sael:

Canen learns of the Haicheyanne's involvement of the recent village extermination and travels there to investigate. When he reaches the village, he gets more than he bargains for...including the appearance of a familiar face...

Invasion:

The Haicheyanne have left a clear message: none will be left alive. The portals linking Althanas to Nocturnis begin to open, and soon flood with an entire legion of bloodthirsty Haicheyanne demons, commanded by none other than the powerful Icarus. It is a fight to the death on Coronian soil between a Nocturn and his tragic past, but can Canen and his comrades overcome the invasion and subdue their insane general before its too late?

Fighting back the tears:

With the Haicheyanne defeated in Corone and Icarus now a mere memory, Canen finds himself staring straight into Icarus's Mark: the only remaining stable gateway between Althanas and Nocturnis. Determined to avenge the people of his homeland and confront his demons, the Nocturn bravely steps back on home soil for the first time in 117 years to liberate the fallen motherland of its wicked ruler Asmodeus and his final batch of Haicheyanne. Will Canen finally end a lifetime of misery and hatred at the hands of his tormentors and reclaim Khaia for his people? Or will Asmodeus and his psychotic creations have the last say?

I need a group of five people to accompany Canen on this journey, which will start on Tuesday 1st August.

Recruits:

Canen Darkflight
Kaiser Nightwind
Rayne Lunitari
Tuxlie
Banda Utako
Sifer Ramius

Rayne of Fire
07-28-06, 12:46 PM
I am in like a motherfucker Falcon. This is fucking epic, and I would love to be a part of it.

Tuxlie
07-28-06, 01:06 PM
I would like to be in it, if you'd need a Froggy Knight.

streak101
07-28-06, 02:55 PM
ami number five?

ViGoR
07-29-06, 02:00 PM
Hey got room for your old friend?

Falcon Darkflight
07-29-06, 08:13 PM
That's it then. All confirmed in. Stick around and i'll pm you all details, we'll start Tuesday.

Falcon Darkflight
07-31-06, 06:11 AM
Ok, this is the plan.

Canen, Rayne, and Banda are all going to be together at the start in a carriage that has taken them from the Citadel battle to The Silver Inn. This fits nicely in with what we have been doing in liquid time and will explain why everyone there is together.

Tuxlie and Sifer are a little more difficult to bring in. Whilst Canen knows Sifer IC, Tuxlie is someone he has never encountered. Any ideas on this front?

Whilst Canen, Banda and Rayne are en-route to the Silver Inn in Radasanth, the Haichyanne attack.

Sifer, Tuxlie, if you guys could do the business and work out how your characters would get into the fray I would be very grateful. Same with you, Kaiser.

--------------------------------------
Memories of Sael plotting
--------------------------------------

The peaceful village of Tienlee resides 20 miles from the centre of Radasanth, and is a quiet, quaint little town with few troubles. It's citizens consist mainly of tradesmen who deal in mining and lumber and are all mostly unarmed and poor fighters. The town is plunged into total darkness when ten fully armoured and armed Haicheyanne seep out of Icarus Mark portals and begin to destroy the town. A strange ailment occurs when the surrounding area turns abnormally quickly into a rainy night, and the village is cut off from the outside as all bridges and roads collapse into the ground, leaving nothing but bottomless pits of rubble and emptiness.

When word spreads to the Silver Tavern, Canen recognises the telltale signs of his demonic stalkers and convinces his party to follow him there. At first, they find the roads blocked off and obliterated, but the concrete slowly materialises for the group and they cross. The area becomes darker and darker and before long the entire party is plunged into an ungodly night, with the road behind them crumbling back into the pit.

Ahead, the full horror of the attack becomes apparant. Bloody corpses lay strewn on the ground almost everywhere they look, some hanging from their intestines from trees and buildings. There is a deadly silence in the air and the area is patrolled by 2 Haicheyanne demons, who have been caught up in fighting with a survivor.

To Canen's suprise, the survivor is his own brother, Gideon Xerxes. Gideon, wielding his powerful Vampire Blade, destroys the Haicheyanne on his own and then demonstrates to Canen the extent of his recovery from amnesia: embracing him in a tearful reunion aghast the black. Canen, choked and tearful himself, finds out the reason for Gideons return to the plain of Althanas...and realises the full horror of his fate...

Kai
07-31-06, 08:04 AM
sounds great, can't wait to go and roundhouse kick some fools

but you failed to mention where i come into this, or do you have something special in mind for my lavable character?

Falcon Darkflight
07-31-06, 08:39 AM
Always something special. I'll explain later.

Kaiser
07-31-06, 10:40 AM
... if you think i am going to mount doom just to get canens ice cream, then you got another thing coming!!!

((Sorry i lost a few IQ points))

Falcon Darkflight
07-31-06, 10:42 AM
Err, game on...

ViGoR
07-31-06, 11:15 AM
Hmmm, maybe you can find me hiding out in the village waiting for help? That doesnt seem like something my character would do but neither does running out and dieing. Ya, Ill talk to you more about it.

Tuxlie
07-31-06, 12:33 PM
This sounds like quite an exciting adventure...perhaps Tuxlie would be just passing from town to town, looking for any odd jobs that might help him regain his former glory. He could have heard about the attack on Tienlee, and figured this would be a good way to get himself back in the spotlight on a grand scale. If this conflicts in any way, please let me know. He learns of Canen and his little group of adventurers and decides that he could use the help of some companions.

Falcon Darkflight
08-04-06, 05:38 AM
I like it Tuxlie. That's how we'll meet with you. Do you think it would be possible for Tuxlie to meet us on the way to Tianlee?

Sifer, If you want you could be caught up in the ruckus of the village before we all get there, and manage to escape?

Thoughts?

Vampiric Angel
08-04-06, 06:21 AM
Would you happen to have any open spots?

Falcon Darkflight
08-04-06, 07:20 AM
It should be cool, as long as you can find an IC reason to be there. I'm going to start this quest on Tuesday 8th August, give us all a little time to plot.

Vampiric Angel
08-04-06, 07:31 AM
Cool, thnx! I love the idea of the quest so much I just couldn't not get involved. XD Excuse the double negative. Maybe if you get on AIM we can discuss my IC reasons to be there.

Falcon Darkflight
08-04-06, 08:07 AM
AIM is difficult for me because it requires me to be omnipresent. If need be, contact me via PM. It's easier.

Vampiric Angel
08-04-06, 08:17 AM
Or I can post the idea here!

I'm guessing there will be smoke after the village is attacked? If so, then Anenfel runs towards it to help. (That's how he is.) and when finding all the damage is done, he meets Canen and crew and inadvertantly gets swept up in the adventure!

Perfect!

Falcon Darkflight
08-04-06, 08:26 AM
Problem: When the village is attacked, it is plunged into a deep darkness and every single road leading into the town has been obliterated. The only way to cross is to be with Canen at the time or be in the village when it gets attacked.

Perhaps you and Tuxlie can be two of the survivors of the village, fighting off the Haicheyanne?

Kai
08-04-06, 08:29 AM
and yet you still haven't told me how you plan to drag a poor little harmless silvet into all this ... he doesen't even have a weapon

... oh yeah he don't need one .. but still

Falcon Darkflight
08-04-06, 08:40 AM
Your is the hardest to figure out. Perhaps we should split into two sides: one which consist of the village survivors and / or defenders, and the other lead by Canen which will hear about the attack and come up to meet the rest at Tianlee.

Kai, you can choose which team you want to be in, depending on where you think the Silvet would be at the time.

Kai
08-04-06, 08:42 AM
most likely ... eating muffins

i will wait until the opening post, i should be able to throw kai in there

Vampiric Angel
08-04-06, 08:42 AM
That sounds good. Anenfel loves a good ol' fashioned fight for your life. XD Maybe me and Tuxlie could meet before we meet Canen and gang during the fight or something. That way we're all acquainted when we meet. ^^

Falcon Darkflight
08-04-06, 08:45 AM
Precisely. ;)

Taliel Escabre
08-04-06, 03:44 PM
Posting in Tuxlie's stead, that sounds good. If Vampiric Angel and/or Falcon could PM him with the exact details of what they would like done, that'd be great. Otherwise just try and catch me on AIM and we can iron out exactly how things will work. Unfortunately, I have a killer headache right now, so I'm gonna go lay down.

Falcon Darkflight
08-10-06, 07:15 AM
http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?p=31838#post31838

Who wants to make their intro?

Kai
08-10-06, 09:02 AM
... holy crap thats one hell of a post

but

it still leaves me a very confused little monkey when i look at that and fathom how the hell i am supposed to jump in ... your going to have to give some ideas here

and on that note don't forget my holiday, after saturday i will be gone for a week with no access to a computer

Falcon Darkflight
08-10-06, 09:05 AM
Its ok, Sifer's on his jollies as well. People can post when they can, two of you are gone for a week so that allows for some planning.

Kai
08-10-06, 09:09 AM
hmm well ok

on a side note ... could we say canen knowing kai is back as just a story he has heard ... its kinda awkward to say that they have met already, when they have not

and on that note to ... who is this august fellow? Who says fellow these days

ViGoR
08-14-06, 12:40 PM
Alright well here you go. Good luck.

Falcon Darkflight
08-15-06, 02:17 AM
THANK GOD! SOMEONE WHO CAN ACTUALLY IMPROVISE!!!!

Sorry. I get a little excitable when I witness somebody posting intelligently. Good start Sif, keep up the ruse in Tianlee for another post. I'm hoping Tuxlie will follow suit, i'll speak to Kai when he gets back from his Spainchill.

I'll postage a roastage in the next few.

Rayne of Fire
08-15-06, 07:19 AM
wtf mate!!!!
How did I miss you starting this?!
For fucks sake man... let me know this shit...... I'll be right on with the postage.

Ok... quick question. Where exactly is this house supposed to be? I'm a little bit confused on that one.

ViGoR
08-15-06, 08:25 PM
YaY I got a compliment! Good for me.

Vampiric Angel
08-15-06, 08:42 PM
So for the intro, do you want me and Tuxlie to start out like it's an average day? Or wait for the excitement to start?

ViGoR
08-21-06, 12:12 PM
Quick everyone, be careful! The excitement in this quest is building a little too fast. Maybe we should take it down a little.

Kai
08-22-06, 03:13 AM
... there have only been 2 posts and already excitement is in the air

and still i see no opening for me ... i will keep on hold looking for the perfect moment

Falcon Darkflight
08-23-06, 07:37 AM
Ok. To help sort things out, I will make the next post.

Kaiser and Rayne: I will pave the way for you in my next post to make your introductions. Note that we are currently near / in / around Radasanth at the time of Canen meeting with Buren, so i'm dependinh on you having good reasons to be there. Rayne's reason for being there can be related to our recent citadel battle where I can have one of Canen's familiars guide him to the tavern. Kai, i'll think about you, but you are generally good in following up so I might leave you to ponder it in your own style. Rayne, i'll pm you with details.

VA: Yes. If you can follw Sifer's lead, perhaps engage in some dialogue with him until I post the bit where the Haicheyanne start attacking Tianlee then that would be a perfect start. Again though, please think hard about why your characters would be there.

My posting window will be closed shortly until tomorrow lunch. If anyone needs to talk to me, mail me at chrisburton@daviesturner.co.uk. I can reply as quick as IM, my e-mails alert me constantly.

ViGoR
09-04-06, 06:46 PM
Hmm, I think you need to recruit a whole new group. This is rediculous.

Kai
09-05-06, 04:11 AM
that or we could wait for the guy to come back off his holiday sifer

in the mean time, the thread can hold ...

(i have not posted because i still see no opening ... it makes me sad ... well no not really cos i got muffins)

Kai
09-15-06, 01:33 PM
((Double feaking post ZOMG!!11))

Falcy is back!!!

... i would call him but he is sat next to me ...

so in the mean time ... FALCY IS BACK Help

Falcon Darkflight
09-15-06, 04:53 PM
ZOMG!

Yeah, im back.

Shall we proceed?

ViGoR
09-17-06, 11:54 AM
Nah. :p

Kai
09-17-06, 12:00 PM
Follow the EMO!!!

Falcon Darkflight
09-18-06, 07:08 AM
N00bs.

Im going to send each of you a PM regarding roles and stuff. Keep an eye out for them in the coming days.