PDA

View Full Version : Some ruins are meant to be abandoned..

Vasreibon
04-25-10, 08:03 PM
Undiscovered Wonders

Requirements: None, although a group is advised, as something lurks in the shadows; a member of the staff can assist if required, or feel free to use NPC guardsmen, to get to grips with utilising them in the development of your plot.

Synopsis: A local druid named Molalla has asked the guardsmen of the town to help her and the Y’edda worshippers from the nearby way camps to investigate an ancient Elvin fortress, buried and lying crumbling deep in the Concordia forest. It is an ivy maze, wrought in mystery and mist, and no living creature has ventured into it and lived to tell the tale. Take a band of men with you, a party of three or so, and explore the ruins to determine what has caused the roe and eagles to scatter from the area.

Reward: The Druidess Molalla has stated she will reward the lucky men who explore and cleanse the ruins with a poultice of invigoration, gifting photosynthesis like abilities to the lucky men.

Maybe Father was right, perhaps I SHOULD have stayed in the Village...Naaaahhh.

Vasreibon scuttled along the dirt road, deep in thought. Violet hues staring forward, yet not really seeing the path ahead, but rather the previous day's events. Villagers with pitchforks and flaming torches, shouting about demons and chasing him out. Apparently his appearance was far to disturbing to find a simple inn, for the innkeeper led the riot. In which Vasreibon fled quickly, finding his way into a cave to stay for the night, quickly leaving in the morning to travel this path.

'Seeking hired hands to investigate ruins, only the brave need apply.'

Cocking his head to the side, the Siklian observed the wooden sign and the words engraved upon it with violet orbs that twinkled with curiosity. "Hmm, that's it. If I prove myself a good citizen in the eyes of these other creatures, then I won't be forced to flee every time I'm sighted, right?" Tapping his chin lightly with his right index finger, Vasreibon could simply nod in affirmation to his own theory and begin scuttling down the dirt path towards the town, never even thinking that walking on his spider legs could affect how the new town would perceive him. But Alas, the boy was a bit naive after all.

~~~~

"Captain, you have GOT to see this..."

Idly chewing on a piece of straw, the unorthodox Captain Goradel pushed off from his leaning spot on the building wall, looking down the dirt path to where his subordinate indicated. "Is that a fuckin' spider...?"

"Seems so, Sir."

"......I thought so. Wait..It looks like a human. What the bloody hell? Lieutenant, did we drink this morning?"

"Sir, not that I recall..."

"Alright, just checking. Well, lets find out if it is hostile, and what it wants."

~~~~

"You there, Halt!!"

The words struck Vasreibon from his day dreaming, bringing him to reality as a guard approached while chewing on a piece of straw, another running behind him holding a spear towards Vasreibon threateningly. "Umm, Greetings?" He uttered in a dumbfounded like state, though he did halt as he was told.

"..Lieutenant Demoutee..It spoke."

"......Sir."

Vasreibon looked about anxiously, then bowed his head and lowered himself to plant his human feet on the ground, the six spider legs hanging loosely behind him. This was a sign of respect among his people, though he doubt it would have the same effect here. "Um, well. I saw a sign that asked for Help or some such about Ruins? I was interested in joining?"

Even the unorthodox Captain Goradel did not expect this coming, and raised an eyebrow. "Oh? Hmmm..." Looking the unknown creature up and down, he could simply shrug. "Well, follow me for a briefing, then." With that, the soldiers began walking back to their post.

Violet orbs went wide, watching the men walk away. They...accepted me! Well, I think. But they didn't bring pitchforks! Relishing this moment in silent jubilation, the Siklian slowly and non-threateningly began to follow the guards back.

Vasreibon
04-27-10, 04:25 PM
"Captain, you do realize you just invited that random creature to an interview for the job, right?" The Lieutenant spoke as he walked alongside his Captain back towards they're guard position.

“I did? Why didn’t someone warn me?” A sly smirk displaying upon his face, the strand of straw being pushing to the corners of his mouth.

“Funny, Captain..” Releasing a quiet sigh, he simply jogged ahead and took up his statuesque pose beside the gates, acting as a guard once more.

Captain Demoutee however made his wall to a makeshift office, which actually was nothing more than an old wooden storage crate for a chair, and two more stacked in front of it to make a writing surface. Sitting down, he motioned for the spider like creature to approach.

Vasreibon blinked, watching the two converse and then take up different positions. He continued to stand there however, violet orbs glancing nervously about. Such….indifference made him more nervous than the usual retaliations and shouts of fear normally did. Somehow, though he was seeking such acceptance, finding it, or something close to it, so unexpectedly threw him entirely off guard. Simply walking forth in a bipedal fashion, he nods politely to the Captain and waits quietly.

“Well? You want the job to investigate these Ruins, right?”

The Siklian nodded, simply watching the Captain with interest. Such a strange human, he thought quietly to himself. Though in all honestly, he never managed to actually get to know one of the creatures unless they were behind him, with pitchforks or some blood hound chasing him off.

“Alright, Lady Druid Molalla is in charge of that. Wait here.” Standing, he looked over to Lieutenant and nodded, then began to walk into the town. “Keep an eye out Lieutenant, I’m going to fetch the Lady.”

“Sir!”

Vasreibon simply stood, stoic, as he stared into the village while cocking his head to the side. Violet orbs twinkled with curiosity, his eagerness showing as he wished to explore such a new and unfamiliar place. However, he noticed the guard staring at him uneasily, and thus never moved. They couldn’t stop him from observing though, now could they?

~~~~

It wasn’t to long after that the Captain and returned, accompanied by a fairly pleasant looking Druid. Vasreibon eyed her slightly, seeing her pointed ears for the first time. -An elf?- He thought to himself. He had heard the stories before, but never really seen one in person. Giving a slight bow of respect, he knew Druids were well looked upon in this land from his studies at home. “Druidess Molalla.” He said respectfully. “I am Vasreibon, it is an honor to meet you.”

The Druidess quirked a brow, eyeing the…creature over. “I have not seen your type before, Vasreibon. Just what are you?”

“I’m a Siklian, my people are quite…isolated from the world.” Violet orbs eyed the woman over, she was quite majestic, indeed. While the books he read described how beautiful and ethereal the elves looked, the text did no justice for the sight before him. However, he had other matters on his mind.

“Siklian, first I have heard of them. I would like to question you about your People. However, there is something more important at hand. “ She took the seat, or rather the upturned wooden storage crate, and eyed him curiously. “The Ruins that we speak of, have been…abandoned for quite some time. Nobody really paid them any heed, that is, until recently. Suddenly animals began fleeing from a fair sized radius around the ruins, in such a fashion that it indicated they were quite fearful. Worse still, people have begun vanishing once they enter that same radius..never to be seen or heard from again. “ She sighed, hands lifting to rub her temples. “That’s really all we know…Will you accept this?”

Vasreibon put his cupped palm to his chin for a moment, contemplating her words. “It’s accepted. If anymore Adventurer’s take this job, warn them that if they see me, I am not the creature, but on the same mission.” With a simple, but polite and respectful bow, he turned and scuttled in the directions of the ruins at an alarming pace.

The Captain and Druidess simply stared, dumbfounded. She finally turned to him, quirking a brow. “He really just took off without really considering our words, didn’t he?” Azure orbs glancing back to the retreating from of the…creature.

“He did…”

“I should like to question him about his people when he gets back, if he gets back..please send him my way.” Standing, she made a polite nod with her head. “Good Day Captain.” And slowly, even leisurely, made her way back into the village.