PDA

View Full Version : A Meeting Place; Underwood mission board recruitment

TheOrganism
05-02-10, 05:26 PM
One thing I would really like to develop in my writing is Persona and Dialogue, so naturally I choose a mission that would probably assist me with both of those (in a multi-person setting hopefully). The quest is basically your run-of-the-mill Peaceful Prom. quest, but I'd like to get a fantastic score on it. I have completed one prior Peaceful Prom. quest with a previous character and I can honestly say the scores from it were not what I expected of myself. So anyone who could help throw this one into a higher bracket is hereby welcome to jump in.

Anybody interested?

John Raisy
05-17-10, 01:38 AM
I would be interested. but i'm more into the reward lol.

ps I know my grammer and spelling suck i only really bother with that in rp posts.

Knave
05-17-10, 10:37 AM
I'd like to build these things aswell. Sign me up.

orphans
05-18-10, 01:07 AM
Not sure exactly what a 12 year old could help in doing but I'm more than willing to throw her into the fray~

TheOrganism
05-18-10, 01:09 AM
Haha, well whoever is stil interested, and can add something of worth to a Peaceful Promenade quest- I'll have to post up tomorrow.

John Raisy
05-18-10, 01:28 AM
well a 12 year old could contribute to it all depends on how mature your charater is. I've meet some real mature 12-9 year olds on online games. But i've also seen some pretty childish 40 year olds. You could always use it as a life learning experiance for your charater or have him develop a kinda man to young boy relationship with one of the other people there.

TheOrganism
05-18-10, 02:07 AM
I think she/he was refering more to their character ICly...

If you look over their stats, you'll notice that their character is twelve ;)

Just a thought...

Not sure what a twelve year old would be in a tavarn in the midst of night, but if you can make a good backdrop for that, I'm down for questing with you.

orphans
05-18-10, 02:19 AM
hrm... midst of night.... she'd be sleeping. Though she does sleep walk occasionally... never to the tavern though.

Oh, and haha yes, it's my character that is 12, though I can act just as childish if needed.

Well, I'll have the night to think it over and most of tomorrow during a birthday of a family friend!

John Raisy
05-18-10, 03:01 AM
i was refering to your charater

TheOrganism
05-18-10, 03:42 AM
Hey man, enough talk, throw up an opening and I'll jump in. Whatever quest you want to throw up, doesn't matter.

Wormtongue99
05-19-10, 11:24 AM
Um, yeah. I'm in if it's cool with you guys. Just got my char. approved. Who's gonna post it up? or whatsit gonna be titled?

Knave
05-19-10, 10:06 PM
Alright, http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?p=165724#post165724

Now this won't be simply a tavern talk since we have a child, a normal human being, a zombie, a monk (who I assume doesn't imbibe to preserve his monkitude,) and... Vanhelsing? I'll admit it. I can think of five reasons why this might not end well, but with reason, I assume all our characters are capable of it, we can pull this off.

I made it a walk to Underwood, possibly a homage to the Canterbury Tales if anyone wants to swap stories.

While you guys are free to introduce aspects to the story as you choose, please do not throw up reasons to just throw down and fight. Please do not summon bandits, mountain lions, unfriendly undead, Death (Capital D,) needless angst, a sudden desire for blood, clones, lich sorcerers, mole men, emotionless mercenaries, snipers, murderous trees, Satan, Cthulhu Unbound, rabid owls, Templar Knights, Druids driven mad in the rays of the moon, the raw and terrible power of midnight, or meteors. You can allude to these things, however. I know its hard to do without these kinds of issues.

Please keep all disasters, odd occurrences, and dramas down to earth and to this setting. Forest fires, yes. Wolves, yes. Bears, yes. Floods, yes. Rain, yes. Satan, no. If your character is inherently evil... use discretion while in the group, but feel free to use the sanctity of a wicked mind. I don't think anyone here is a mind reader.

Dialogue is one of the best ways to establish a character, or so I have been told, and I'd like to explore this.

orphans
05-19-10, 11:22 PM
well said and with that, I'm going to have to think of how to make it seem... reasonable for my character. I'll be hopping in shortly whenever my brain spins to it.

Knave
05-22-10, 11:15 AM
Its been a few days, is it just us posting?

Yo, Orphan, anything you'd like us to do to get you in with the group?

orphans
05-22-10, 05:29 PM
I think it might just be us 3. I have nothing in particular in mind and was actually thinking of asking the same as to where we should take this. I can think of a few possibilities but it might take me a bit more to flesh them out, pun not intended.

TheOrganism
05-22-10, 05:53 PM
I'll post here shortly... Didn't even realize you had opened this

Knave
05-22-10, 07:41 PM
Well, going over the ideas might be a good way to go. I just made the thread, and put up the post, I dunno where to go from here besides town.

I wanted to take a break from the fantastic, and go the road less traveled... so basic mishaps of the open road? Which somehow includes an angel, a zombie, and monster hunter? Maybe we end up camping around an open fire, or sharing a tent? Or possibly go the survivalist method, I change the distance from ten to thirty, add in tropical hurricanes, local man-eating fauna, and such?

Oh yeah, Orphan, whats up with the orphanage's field trip?

orphans
05-23-10, 08:01 PM
Sorry I wasn't around for most of today.

To answer about the orphanage's field trip, Azza lives in the orphanage and night time would have just been bed time. So, I figured I needed some way to get here away from the group of children and their caretaker.

So what I wanted to happen was:
Caretaker takes children to town square, and then returns back with one less child (Azza) who has wandered off.

I'm open to other ideas though, before I post again. If I'm going to change how she enters, I'd like some suggestions.

The path of heading to town could be pretty interesting since we have a zombie.

Oh, if anyone has instant messengers it'll make communication a bit easier. Mine are in my contact information tab for AIM and MSN.

P.S. >: Azza is not an angel. Just a child at the moment.

Knave
05-24-10, 04:03 PM
So the caretaker returns? Somehow I doubt she will appreciate the wonderful company Azza has found in her little expedition.

I think we can go with a lot of ideas, I've placed several in my last post, and I'd love to here more.

My MSN should be working, but I'm not on it too often lately. I'll have to change that.

PS. At the moment.

John Raisy
05-24-10, 11:12 PM
sorry about not posting before life has been keeping me busy. if i can still get into it.

orphans
05-24-10, 11:23 PM
mmm if you want to join, i think a good jumping in point might be when we get to town. Or if you'd like, I can start one off with just you and me (hurray for liquid time).

John Raisy
05-24-10, 11:35 PM
I'll wait for when you guys get into town. But Since my guy is blind I could use you as a way to get into the tavern.

orphans
05-25-10, 12:38 AM
mmm, already in the middle of the road though. We could possibly find you already there at the tavern. We'll see what happens though.