spinedancer
05-06-10, 01:18 PM
Name: Aurora "Spinedancer" Astra
Race: Human
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Blue
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 110lbs

*Personality: Though cold and closed to strangers, Aurora devotes great effort to being just and fair without compromising the objectives assigned to her. Given time, Aurora can be warm and inviting.

She was constantly exposed to the effects of war and the machismo and chauvinism of her father's customers. Though they represent a regime that is infinitely more humane, the Bladesingers are just as ruthless, violent, and dysfunctional as the Aleranian soldiers that murdered her parents.

Appearance: Wispy strands of pallid blonde hair fall like streaks of frozen rain from the top of Aurora Astra's head to the beaten pauldrons resting on her shoulders. Light blue eyes peek from under what little shade her pale eyebrows offer and, though visibly tired, her eyes are round and maintain a modicum of radiance and beauty; translucent lines of blue extending outwards from the lenses like explosions of cerulean lightning. In the center of Aurora's face lies a small nose beginning with a concave slope before turning slightly upwards at the tip. Full, slightly pursed coral lips reside above a slightly square chin.

Few of those interested in the female gender would find Aurora Astra's face unattractive, though it sports several small pink scars, prompting speculation of her past: one scar cuts across her upper right eyebrow; a second lies an inch or two to the right, against her temple; while several smaller ones dot the space above the first.

Aurora Astra's lithe frame is in stark contrast with the size of her worn iron plate armor, though only evidenced by her slender ivory neck and lean fingers. The rest of her body is clad in worn iron plate armor. Several small, dark, charred streaks run down the front of back of the cuirass, and closer inspection reveals several nicks and indentations that spot it throughout, but grow denser on the upper right hand side. A massive, iron, double-handed sword resides on Aurora's back, and bears wear similar to her armor, indicating that they were both possibly prescribed to her simultaneously.

History: Born to Coronian parents, Aurora Astra's earliest memories are of helping her merchant father scavenge weapons, armor, and miscellany from the aftermath of Aleranian-Raiaerian skirmishes and battles. The family would travel between Alerar and Raiaera, peddling wares to any travelers en route, though most customers were companies who had been deployed for too long and needed emergency provisions and equipment. At the end of the day, her mother would have the campfire going and a meal waiting. Few, faded memories of her mother paint a picture of simple, rustic beauty, and an effeminate, tender touch.

One morning, several years later, Aurora woke to the sound of her mother's cries. She fearfully peered from her tent to see two Aleranian soldiers holding her mother down, laughing, while a third held her father at gunpoint. Panicked, Aurora hid in the back of tent, behind a small footlocker. More screaming. Silence. A gunshot rang out, quickly followed by a thud. Her mother continued to scream. A gloved hand opened the flap on the tent, rays of the morning light catching the dust inside. Another thud. The screaming stopped. More laughter. Aurora began to shake. Hooves in the distance, followed by the sound of bees in flight. The Aleranian soldiers dropped to the ground.

A small unit of Bladesingers had been deployed to survey the border and stumbled upon the campsite. Aurora was 13, parent-less, homeless, and Coronian in an Elven land. The Bladesinger who had discovered her took her in as a surrogate daughter. Aurora begged him to let her train under him until he relented, spending 10 years traveling, training, and eventually fighting with the Bladesingers.

Skills:

Swordplay - Advanced
Marksmanship - Advanced
Speed - 1.5x the speed of an average Coronian
Riding - Adequate
Tradespeak - Fluent
Elvish - Fluent
Dark Elvish - Basic

Several years of traveling with the Bladesingers has granted Aurora significant strength, skill, and deftness with her two-handed sword. Although competent with single-handed weapons, she would be wielding them at a disadvantage, as the majority of her experience lies in a two-handed sword. Aurora would fare better with a different two-handed weapon, though not a spear or similar. Her history often found her tasked with reconnaissance sorties and capture and hold missions. Employing ranged weapons allowed the group to eliminate targets under the cover of brush or thin an attacking regiment before engaging, granting her significant experience with short and long bows.

Equipment:
Iron Zweihander
Iron Plate Armor
Aleranian Oak Short Bow
Iron Broadhead Arrows

Letho
05-07-10, 03:05 AM
I need to know the material of the Dark Elven Short Bow. Also, I'd be more comfortable with 1.5x the speed.

spinedancer
05-07-10, 08:16 AM
I need to know the material of the Dark Elven Short Bow. Also, I'd be more comfortable with 1.5x the speed.

I changed the speed to 1.5x and the bow to "Aleranian Short Bow". I wasn't planning on it having any fancy features or special tricks or anything. Would you prefer it to be more descriptive (i.e. Aleranian Composite Short Bow, Aleranian Oak Short Bow, etc.)?

Letho
05-07-10, 08:29 AM
I'd like to know the type of wood the bow is made of. You can have it in just about any basic tier wood, like oak or ash or yew or whatever. The specific type of bow is not really relevant to me, though it might be to you, since you'll be the one wielding it.

spinedancer
05-07-10, 08:32 AM
I'd like to know the type of wood the bow is made of. You can have it in just about any basic tier wood, like oak or ash or yew or whatever. The specific type of bow is not really relevant to me, though it might be to you, since you'll be the one wielding it.

Thanks for quick response. I changed the bow to "Aleranian Oak Short Bow".

Letho
05-07-10, 08:46 AM
No problem. It looks good now.

You are approved. Thank you for your cooperation and welcome to Althanas.