PDA

View Full Version : The Adventurer's Board

Ran
03-29-06, 09:06 PM
Adventurer’s Board

In the center of Scara Brae is the adventurer board that holds jobs and tasks that the guard won’t or can’t take but are perfectly legal. Many adventurers can get their start from taking these jobs.

If you want to claim an adventure then just post in this thread with the number for the adventure you want.

Only one quest per person, once you claim a quest you cannot claim another. Only level 0 and level 1 characters can claim a quest. That’s about it.

#1: Dead Mate’s Mutinyclaimed 016573
Quest: A shipwreck occurred about a week ago but it has been causing many of our merchants to lose sleep as when someone tried to salvage it they found the place crawling with undead. The ship was a large trade ship that carried precious cargo and there is believed to be a source of the magic that made the undead. We need adventurers to remove the undead so we can salvage the treasure.

Payment: 300 gold per person or a piece of the treasure, a Damascus weapon (no enchantment) or silver piece of jewelry with a minor enchantment.

Limitations: a score below 40 can’t take the enchanted item and the weapon is lowered to steel.

#2: Bad, Bad Captain claimed by Nekorulers
Quest: one of our captains turned traitor. Miguel was once a skilled guard but then he disappeared and we sent a search party, who turned up dead. We need someone to find the man’s hideouts and flush him out, we’re sure he has taking refuge in a cave that is well defended.

Payment: 500 gold per character

#3: I’m a doctor not a fighter! claimed by Grave
Quest: A strange outbreak has occurred in the poor district and we have need to stop it early. Jaci is an elf who knows the cure but it is a rare herb that grows in the wild. Goblins are out in force and we can’t have her going out alone. Protect her until she can make the cure.

Rewards: 200 gold and a potion

#4: I hate tests Claimed by Zerith
Quest: Kyle Rien is a sword master and forger but he gave up teaching as he claims that no one is worthy to be his student. We need adventurers to prove him wrong. The master made a test that only those worthy of his teachings will pass. It is an obstacle coarse filled with traps and monsters that were summoned. The test is not only of strength but guile and wit as well (some monsters are too strong to kill but they’ll talk.)

Rewards: all participants a special weapon made Kyle that gains strength with the wielder. No powers at first but gains them at level up. These cannot be sold and if the score is lower than 50 then the weapons are broken and must be reforged during another quest or at the bazaar for 500 gold.

#5: A keep worth keeping. claimed by Honda Masakatsu
Quest: We are having troubles in the mountains at dragon tooth fort. A goblin tribe has laid siege to the place and are troops are pinned in. Worse there are soldiers disappearing for unknown reasons, we need someone to sneak in past the siege and find what happening to the soldiers.

Rewards: 300 gold or a shirt of iron chain mail or a Dehlar weapon.

#6: Escape! Escape! Claimed by Morris
Quest: We humbly apologize to the adventurers that took this job and ended up in Duke Kilij’s dungeon. He was quite unhappy with you’re snooping about and looking for the piece of art that we believe he has stolen. We smuggled in a couple of magic lockpicks with this letter, you can use them to escape. We would like you to find the missing art and would give you your reward for taking it.

Rewards: participants get a set magic lock picks that give the user basic skill in lock picking; this cannot be raised though users can learn to use lock picks better separately from the magic. And if the score is over 50 then 200 gold to each as well.

#7 the Hunt for Dark Crow claimed by absolution
Quest: Dark Crow has gone too far, he has always been a thief but he has now stolen a scroll that contains a message that must remain secret to from all eyes save the queen and her most loyal knights. He has been spotted in a nearby wood just an hour after stealing the scroll. We have placed a bounty on his head and need the scroll back, but do not look at it.

Rewards: 300 gold bounty and if the scroll is returned with an unbroken seal then also a waterproof cloak as a gift from the spymaster.

Breaker
03-29-06, 09:44 PM
I'll take #1. Any limitations on people to quest with?

Ran
03-29-06, 09:48 PM
ok # 1 is yours and no limit on people you can take with you

Grave
03-29-06, 09:51 PM
I'll take #3 if possible. Would do me some good to beat up a few goblins :)

Ran
03-29-06, 09:53 PM
alright # 3 it is

these things are going quicker than I can make them^^ no worries

Zerith
03-30-06, 07:18 PM
#4! It sounds like it could be fun to do! I just want to know if there is a limit to how many people can be in it though. Either way I'd still like to take on that quest though, even if it's a solo.

Ran
03-30-06, 07:22 PM
nope no limits on characters. I don't think there should be a reason to place such limitations on thise sort of thing.

#4 goes to Zerith

NekoRulers
03-30-06, 08:28 PM
Can I take #2?

Ran
03-30-06, 08:29 PM
yup #2 is yours

Morris
04-01-06, 12:40 PM
No they've all been taken! ;-(

Ran
04-01-06, 01:05 PM
no owrries, I'll make more

Honda Masakatsu
04-01-06, 04:16 PM
#5 please

Ran
04-01-06, 05:38 PM
yipes almost missed that one. #5's yours, treat it well

Morris
04-01-06, 07:04 PM
Not late this time! I want number 6! Number 6 ! Number 6!

AsukaStrikes
04-06-06, 02:38 PM
Hey, Ran. What are we going to do with old AB quests that are still in progress? Culix and I (in the Yamihara account) was doing "Protect the Vineyard" and we were just about to finish.

Of course, we could just drop it and pick up a new one, but it was such a good read...

Ran
04-06-06, 02:45 PM
hey that's awesome, just continue the quest, I don't see a need to put it back on the board. when you're finished just PM me with what rewards you want. no reason not to finish it.

Absolution
04-08-06, 10:20 PM
7 is mine, if you please!

Ran
04-08-06, 10:27 PM
sure thing, sounds good.

Séreméla
05-19-06, 10:40 PM
Wouldn't happen to be making up any new things would ya hun??? :D lol

Reiko
05-19-06, 11:03 PM
hi this is Ran. sadly I must say that I won't be adding anything to the AB. I reliquished my mod duties when things popped up in my life. hopefully whoever replaces me will add to the adventurer's board

I'm terribly sorry.

Osato
05-21-06, 12:40 AM
I'm not a mod, but I do control the Criminal's Board...

I was wondering if it would be ok for me to take over here? I'll add some quests, look over the ones going... ect... Just PM me or IM me whenever possible and I'll get quests up for this asap.

EDIT :: Ha, now that I am a mod I've reposted this for everyone. You can claim new quests again in the new, stickied thread! Thanks again!