PDA

View Full Version : Rayse's First Battle Thread

Rayse Valentino
06-11-10, 02:26 PM
http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=21109

Post here if you're interested. Multiple challengers are welcome.

Summary: Rayse's business partner feels backstabby, so he goes to the local seedy tavern to recruit a bunch of mercenaries to take Rayse down. Your character can be one of the mercenaries hired.

That's the preliminary idea. You can change it if you want.

Silence Sei
06-11-10, 02:39 PM
I think I just might.

It's payback for the Cell, biatch.

Revenant
06-11-10, 02:47 PM
I'm interested. It doesn't take much to get William wanting to fight.

Rayse Valentino
06-11-10, 09:47 PM
The cell was dumb.

Revenant, you're up.

Silence Sei
06-11-10, 10:03 PM
Only cuz you lost in Round 1. Loser. XD

Revenant
06-11-10, 10:40 PM
Wonderful! I'll get to it.

Rayse Valentino
06-23-10, 03:01 PM
I was wondering if you guys could offer me some advice: I've never been too good at melee combat, mostly because of what's involved in it. Unlike ranged weaponry and spells, your next action hinges directly, in a moment's time, on the enemy's last one, so these are the sorts of scenarios I envision occur--

1) Players attack each other in melee, but it's only one move or attack or technique or whatever and they immediately back off on the next post.
2) Players use micro-posts to detail the battle, sometimes using thoughts, backstory, or outright filler to fill the space in the posts.
3) There is a bunnying agreement, so there is some assuming on both parts of the player to the other's immediate reaction or damage report
4) There is collaboration/choreography, both players already have the fight hashed out in planning of some sort and the post is just the end result.

Is there a way to do close-quarters combat without resorting to any of this? Like I said, this is my first battle, so I'm not really in the know with these sorts of things. Any fight scenes I've done so far have involved collaboration or implicit bunnying agreements.

Enigmatic Immortal
06-23-10, 07:45 PM
You theoretically can just cut all that out and have multiple, one paragraph or so action/reactions posts. Throw in a twinge of setting, and that may be the only way to go.