PDA

View Full Version : The Auction House

Silence Sei
06-13-10, 09:21 AM
The strangest of carriages was positioned outside of the bazaar. It was some sort of transportation, though small and louder. It was covered with various stickers from places nobody on Althanas had heard of. Four panes of glass covered what would be exposed areas on each side of the device. At the very front was a picture of a blue spiky haired creature in red sneakers. This carriage would come to be known as a 'Race Car', the only one to ever be seen on Althanas.

The owner of the machine was sitting on the hood of his toy. A white jump suit carried all of the same labels that pasted over his transportation. A smear of grease was just under his left eye, and his backwards hat had a tuft of brown hair slipping out from it's hole. This man was Travis 'Sonic' Mills. He had been on Althanas for a few years now, seeking out adventures and trying to get back home. Now, he sought a new profession.

"Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the Travis Mills Auction House!" He exclaimed, jumping off of his car and throwing his arms up in an overacting motion. "Things are a bit different in my place. I don't like people hogging all the glory to themselves. You spend too much, you get penalized. Simple as that."

"Now, the first item I'm going to have up for bid is a rare little marble shaped stone called the Ignore Orb. Like I said, it's the size of a marble, and it's light blue. Whoever has this item in their possesion gets totally overlooked by people. Keep in mind it doesn't make you invisible, just unnoticed. Observe, or will you!?"

Travis opened the door to his car and took out a small bag. He reached into the bag and all of a sudden nobody seemed to want to look at him. The man then slammed his fist against the hood of his car making a loud echo three times, bringing all eyes back to him. "And now we go into the drawbacks. If you bring attention to yourself, such as scream, laugh, or make a loud noise, the effect of the orb wears off for precisely one hour. That's how long it needs to recharge, no matter how long you go unnoticed. Furthermore, if your target concentrates hard enough on you, they can see you, it's just that they think they don't -want- to see you, giving a slight feeling of vertigo to your enemy."

Travis tossed the orb up and down a few times, eyes shifting to the crwod that was gathering. "Bidding on this interesting item starts at 200!"

Note: Once any single poster spends 2000 GP or over (be it 2000+ on a single item, or several items that account for that total, their bidding will be suspended for three items. Like the former Auction House, bids carry on for a week before they're sold to the highest bidder. If any judge/mod notices powergaming with any item sold here, it has a right to be revoked. Unless another rule needs to be implemented to control situations, that's all I can think of. The final day of the auction, the bidding ends at noon, central time, exactly. If someone bids between 11 and noon then the bidding is extended to 1, if someone bids between noon and 1, bidding is extended to 2, and so on and so forth. Every three days, a new item will be revealed, each auction lasting a week unless otherwise specified.

Every bid after initial bid is 10% of initial bid minimum.

Good luck and happy bidding!

Amber Eyes
06-15-10, 11:34 AM
Anita gripped Kyla's hand and whispered something in her ear.

"No way!" That's my allowance for a month! I'm not spending it on some stupid necklace."

The girl's breath tickled Kyla as she again whispered.

"I don't want to sneak into Jensen's room!"

Anita again leaned in but Kyla quickly pulled herself away.

"Oh all right! I'll bid 200!" She screamed over the sounds of the crowd. Perhaps she could find some use to being unnoticeable.

Silence Sei
06-15-10, 12:52 PM
"I hear 200 from the girl in the crowd!" Travis made a 'bang bang' motion at the girl, followed with a wink and a clicking of his teeth at her. "Surely nobody will top such a price, will they? Auctions still on the table people, and there are plenty of uses to being 'another brick in the wall'!"

((NEW RULE! Every bid after initial bid is 10% of initial bid minimum. So now we're going with increments of 20))

Skie and Avery
06-15-10, 02:14 PM
"Two twenty!" A strong voice rang out from the crowd. Several people moved, like ripples in the ocean, as a woman strode forth. Her face was stoic, her fists gripped at her side. Dressed in a green and white striped shirt and soft doeskin pants, she made her way to Travis before stopping.

Her very entrance made her realize how important such a trinket may become. Where she was going, it would do well to be a wallflower.

Silence Sei
06-15-10, 02:17 PM
"Two Twenty from the lady in desperate need of the orbs abilities." Once again, Travis 'bang-banged' the girl with a wink and a click. It seemed that the racers heart went with the flow. The cash flow.

"I have Two-Twenty, do I hear Two-Forty?"

Hysteria
06-16-10, 10:29 AM
"Two-Forty!" Shouted Talen and waved his hand. The little orb would suit him very well indeed.

Skie and Avery
06-16-10, 01:39 PM
Skie's eyes narrowed at the stranger, raising her hand once more.

"Two Sixty!"

Ruby
06-16-10, 01:46 PM
Pffft, Ruby muttered, running the hair from her brow with a tuck behind the ears before standing from her plush velveteen seat amidst the more fortunate members of the auction house's audience.

As a prospective buyer, she stood to display her assets openly, and raised her placard with a casual flop of her hand and a sullen, sultry, uninterested edge to her voice.

"Enough loose change ladies - three hundred!"

Destrudo
06-16-10, 08:51 PM
Destrudo leaned against a wall. An orb like that could be useful, very useful.

"Three Hundred Sixty."

Requiem of Insanity
06-16-10, 09:22 PM
Cassandra eyed it, jiggled her coin purse. "Four hundred!" She said with a calm smile.

Destrudo
06-17-10, 05:09 AM
"Five Hundred" Destrudo said, scowling.

"How dare she bid on something I want?" he thought.

Duffy
06-17-10, 06:12 AM
Duffy stood vehemently next to Ruby, fanning her with his spare hand and rolling his eyes in between bids. So much money wasted...

They had no intention of buying anything, naturally. But what better way for the poor to spend their day than pilfer the time and coffers of the rich?

"Five hundred and fifty," he declared, sipping a gin and tonic with his free hand and prodding Ruby's hand up with the placard in it.

They chuckled together, and forgot their woes.

Destrudo
06-17-10, 06:36 AM
"Enough games. Eight Hundred Sixty gold."

Silence Sei
06-17-10, 08:49 AM
"Eight hundred and sixty gold from the red-headed stepchild!" Traavis pointed at Destrudo with a slight smirk. The auction was going well for just a shiny marble with a decent power, perhaps it was time to bring out something worth a bit more coin.

Reaching into his car, Travis withdrew what appeared to be a broom handle. The bristle end of the sweeper was completely missing however. "While we're in such a giving mood to my auction, lets introduce you to one of my favorite items: The Boom Stick!"

Travis motioned for everyone to step back a bit further, waiting for his clientelle to do so. Once they were an appropriate distance, Travis slammed the livol wood onto the ground, causing a miniature explosion on the soil. A small crater was formed once the smoke and dust had cleared.

"The Boom Stick has the ability to explode upon contact, as you can see. It's subject to being cut through, unfortunately, like all wooden products. Strangely enough, it has a good tolerance against fire, possibly because of its explosion-rich enchantment. The drawback to this piece of work is that it can only be used three times before it needs a recharge for the day. While its a minor thing, if you can't accomplish your boomy ends with three small explosives, tyhen you pbviously are doing something I want no part of. Boom Stick bidding will start at Three Hundred GP!"

((Every three days or so from now on a new item will be introduced. Be sure your character specifies which item they're bidding on, or your post will be ignored. Like with the IO, bidding on the Boom Stick lasts for one week.))

Destrudo
06-17-10, 08:58 AM
Destrudo walked over and paid his coin.

"I'm not a stepchild, and I never have been. I am the crown prince of a far off exotic land, and I'll thank you to keep the insults to yourself." he growled.

He took the Ignore orb, it would come in handy. His prize in hand, he left the auction house, vowing to not return until he was well known throughout the lands as someone to be afraid of.

Silence Sei
06-17-10, 03:56 PM
((Destrudo has not won the Ignore Orb yet. The bidding will continue until the 20th of June))

Travis smirked as the man took the 'ignore orb', in all reality a decoy rock the racer had switched out. "Anyways, he's still the highest bidder, so if nobody outbids him, I'll mail him the real orb. So, any takers on the Boom Stick?"

Hysteria
06-18-10, 10:51 PM
"300 for the boom stick!" Shouted Talen, a little annoyed about the orb being too expensive for him... and that a red head had insinuated he was a lady.

Its not my fault I have a small stature.

Rayse Valentino
06-19-10, 10:29 PM
"Nine hundred for the orb," came a calm voice from the back as a bid for The Ignore Orb. It was a masked man that was acting as a proxy to Rayse Valentino.

edited to reflect that the bid is definitely for the orb

Silence Sei
06-20-10, 07:27 AM
"I have 900 from the man who's just another face in the crowd for the Ignore Orb!" Travis pointed in the man's general area. "I also have 300 from the kid for the Boom Stick! You people better hurry up, things are getting heated, and I'jm about ready to give the Orb away to the highest bidder in the next couple of minutes!"

Travis placed the Boom Stick on top of the hood of the Blue Blur in order to reach in through the window once more. He took out another item, a black box roughly the size of a thing called a 'Happy Meal' from one of the resturaunts he used to frequent on Earth. On top of the solid black box was a red button, Travis grinned as he grabbed the Boom Stick, the Ignore Orb still in his pocket, and pressed the button.

All of a sudden, a small five by five prison cell sprouted from the ground and completely surrounded the racer. Travis tried to speak, but people quickly realized that there was no sound coming out of the cell. IT was odd, considering that there were what appeared to be just iron bars that entrapped the man. After exactly two minutes, the cell sunk back into the ground as if it never existed, Travis beaming with excitement.

"This is what we call 'Your Own Device'. Pressing the button causes you to become a prisoner of Your Own Device. What good is trapping ones self, you ask? How about the fact that nothing can go in or out of the cell, including oxygen? That's right, there is absolutely nothing that can hurt your, or escape for exactly two minutes. Bidding on this perfect defense starts at 500 GP!"

((Bidding for YOD ends in a week.

New Rule: The final day of the auction, the bidding ends at noon, central time, exactly. If someone bids between 11 and noon then the bidding is extended to 1, if someone bids between noon and 1, bidding is extended to 2, and so on and so forth.))

Silence Sei
06-21-10, 06:06 AM
"SOLD! For 900 GP to the everyman!" Travis tossed the orb towards Rayse's rep, being tossed a bag of GP in return.

"We still have both The Boom Stick and Your Own Device to sell people, so lets get that bidding to go higher as well!"

((GP deducted from Rayse's ccount))

Letho
06-21-10, 07:39 AM
So far, the items presented in the Auction House did little to impress Letho Ravenheart. His Lawmaker gunblade did quite enough booming for the swordsman and being inconspicuous was never his way of doing things. However, when the presenter brought forth a little contraption he named "Your Own Device" and activated it, it awoke Letho's curiosity. How impervious was that thing? Could it be useful in a battle? Could it be used as a trap for an enemy? Five hundred gold pieces was a small price to pay to satisfy the Marshal's inquisitive mind.

He raised his hand calmly, waited for the man in front to make eye contact, and then nodded in confirmation. He could afford five hundred.

Visla Eraclaire
06-21-10, 09:15 AM
A well dressed man nodded to some silent instruction and stepped up with a red-gloved hand bearing a golden sigil.

"Three hundred and thirty gold pieces on the, ahem, 'boom stick' on behalf of House Eraclaire."

He stepped back and double checked his written and sealed authorization. It allowed him to bid a substantial sum on the Baronet's behalf, if he deemed in his discretion that the item was worthwhile.

Hysteria
06-21-10, 10:41 AM
"400 for the boom stick!" Shouted Talen straight after the well dressed man who looked like he had never used the word boom, let alone stick in a sentence.

Visla Eraclaire
06-21-10, 10:54 AM
The man tightened the gloves on his hands and looked at a gold pocket watch. He had no desire to remain in the raucous atmosphere of the auction house for longer than he had to. The sooner he spent his limit, the sooner he could leave. He jumped the man's bid on the boom stick by what he hoped would be a demoralizing margin.

"Six hundred gold pieces for House Eraclaire on the item."

Duffy
06-21-10, 11:58 AM
Duffy almost couldn't believe his ears.

He had snuck in to sit with Ruby several bids ago, and was eagerly awaiting something more worthwhile to purchase with the coffers of the Tantalum Troupe before he heard a word he did not expect to hear.

He scrutinised the man who was 'authorised' and smiled weakly, it appeared that wherever he went, she went, and the omen was portentous enough to shy him away from any dealings with the boom stick.

"That blasted woman..."

Ruby rolled her eyes, "Ignore it."

Duffy did so, bit his lip, and rose his placard and nodded towards the personal security device.

"Eight hundred gold coins for the shield."

Letho
06-21-10, 01:22 PM
Letho looked around to see who was trying to outbid him, not terribly interested in continuing the contest. The item was a trifle matter, a trinket that he didn't necessarily need, and he was more than happy to let it go... At least, until he saw who was trying to outbid him. Rogues. He hated rogues. You could always tell them from the rest of the crowd from the way they stood, the way their shady eyes looked around, the way their twitchy fingers always looked for something to do. The only rogue Letho even remotely liked was Storm Veritas, and Storm was his goddamn nemesis.

This varlet, however, was not Storm. "One thousand!" Letho's voice rumbled from the back. It was double what he was planning to spend, but it would be worth it if it managed to wipe the smirk off the scoundrel's face.

Silence Sei
06-24-10, 07:54 AM
"The Boom Stick is sold to the red gloved man!" Travis said as he tossed the stick carelessly to the individual. He barely caught the device before it hit the ground and made a rather messy situation out of things.

"Now for the next item on the list!" Travis reached into his pocket and pulled out a black lump of some sort. It bore the color of pure darkness and was shaped like the heart of some sort of animal. "This my friends, is the Heart of The Beast. I've never used it before, but I can garuntee you personally that it works. As long as this is on your person, you have the ability to control all sorts of animals. I've only seen it work on woodland creatures at the moment, but the merchant I bartered this from said that it grows with it's user like a familiar, and as such could even one day control adult dragons. But it comes with a cost, ladies and gentlemen."

"The Heart of The Beast corrupts your soul. The more you use it, the darker your very person shall become. I believe if you ever got to the point where you -could- control dragons with this item, that you'd be more evil than Zem-Bub, or whatever that lich dude's name was. I just really want to get rid of this thing, so why don't we start bidding at 200?"

((Visla wins Boom Stick, GP deducted. Bidding on THoTB ends in a week))

Taskmienster
06-24-10, 08:23 AM
"Corrupts your soul?" Einar sighed and shook his head. Why would something like that be even offered in the Auction House? It was a danger to anyone who used it, and he did not want to allow it into the wrong hands. "260 for the Heart of the Beast," the Salvaran exiled Lord called out with his hand raised.

Zerith
06-24-10, 11:05 AM
"Hmm, now that's something that could probably be useful someday," the halberdier said to himself as he heard of the capabilities of the newest item up for bidding. Sure, the item came with a catch, but Zerith considered himself to be a good man, if not better that most. So for him to becone as evil as a lich? No, that just wasn't possible.

Even if it was, he would gladly bear the curse of an item like that if it meant he could protect his family and Moriah.

"Three hundred gold coins for the Heart of the Beast!" Zerith shouted.

Taskmienster
06-24-10, 05:02 PM
"Three Hundred forty gold for the Heart of the Beast," Einar rumbled, slightly peeved that anyone had dared to raise the bet for the item.

Zerith
06-24-10, 06:28 PM
"Four Hundred gold coins for the Heart of the Beast!" Zerith countered, his hand held high above his head. The item really did catch his attention, and he wasn't going to give up the chance of owning it so easily.

Hysteria
06-24-10, 08:05 PM
"Five hundred for the Heart of the Beast!" Shouted Talen. He had to get at least one item from this crazy auction.

Zerith
06-24-10, 08:26 PM
"Five Fifty!" the halberdier exclaimed. Frustration slowly began to creep into the Zerith's voice, it seemed like more and more people wanted the item for themselves.

"Honestly, people should know when they'll just be beaten," he thought to himself.

Hysteria
06-24-10, 08:44 PM
"Six hundred!" Shouted Talen once again for the Heart of the Beast. He refused to be beaten this time.

Zerith
06-24-10, 09:26 PM
Oh, you have got to be kidding me!

Zerith frowned with disappointment. He really wanted the Heart of the Beast, and it seemed like it was getting further and further out of his reach.

No, I can still get it.

"Seven hundred for the Heart of the Beast!" Zerith countered

Silence Sei
06-27-10, 02:57 PM
"Your Own Device Sold to General Ravenheart!" Travis shouted, bringing everyone's attention towards the famous general. As Travis tossed the item towards Letho, a stranger bumped into the Cell champion, causing the red button to hit the Marshall square in the forehead.

Travis snickered as he reached into his car, Letho Ravenheart being trapped anywhere for two whole minutes was a very amusing situation.

The driver now pulled out a book. It seemed like a simple, well-maintained piece of literature. The man held up the book as if he were a preacher holding a bible, ready to testify.

"The 'Diary of Jane' is not just restricted to people named Jane. This book lets you read the innermost thoughts of any female on the planet, the best part is, you can read it as they're thinking it! Now, keep in mind this is just a book, so it can fall to the same ffects of a normal book. Weather tear, fire, you name it. But isn't that a small price to pay to find out if that special someone likes you, or is just using you for all your money? Let's go with 300 GP to start us off!"

((Letho wins YOD, GP deducted, and bidding on Diary of Jane ends on Independence Day July 4th))

Hysteria
06-28-10, 09:51 PM
"God dammit" Talen sat there glumely looking at the boom stick.

"300 for the diary!" he shouted, still down trodden by continually being out bid.

Silence Sei
07-04-10, 01:57 PM
"Heart of the beast SOLD for 700 GP, Diary of Jane SOLD for three hundred GP. Here yall are perv and evil-doer!"

Travis tossed both items carelessly once more, the diary and heart falling into Zerith and Talen's hands respectively. Another shove from the passer-bys corrected the situation, both items flying into the hands of their rightful owners. As Travis rummaged through the car once more, he sprung back up aqnd shot what appeared to be a small toy towards someone's face. It appeared to be a yo-yo, but it quickly sprouted razor blades all around it's circular form, and two shap spikes popped out of each side of it. Travis brought the device back to himself as the dangerous parts retracted. It appeared as though nothing tethered the great sharp object.

"This is what we call the Go-Go. It bounces everywhere until the owner wills it to stop or come back to his possesion. As you can see, it is a very dangerous weapon. Every part of this perfect projectile piece is produced of prevalida. Don't ya love alliteration? Anyways, as you can see, it's an awesome thing to have, and good for assassinations, or even chopping wood. This pretty thing...let's start it at 400 GP, shall we?"

((GP deducted from Zerith and Hysteria. Go-Go ends in a week, and from now on we're only doing one item a week, now that the Auction House has become such a huge hit amongst you guys.))

MetalDrago
07-08-10, 06:30 PM
A lone figure, standing in resplendent armor, stood among the masses, his arms folded tightly across his chest. The man's head was concealed within a black and ice blue helmet, but it gave one the feeling that they would not want to see what was underneath it, anyway. He raised his hand and called out, in a deep, hissing voice, "Four hundred and forty gold!"

Silence Sei
07-13-10, 04:10 PM
"The GoGo is SOLD to Dark and Brooding. Go to your new master now, weapon!" The Go Go obeyed the will of its previous owner, zipping through the crowd and into the hands of MetalDrago.

Travis reached into the pockets of his jumpsuit, smiling a bit. "Now, we're going to be accsessorizing a bit here," the racer said, pulling out a small diamond tiara from his pocket. It had a half-moon spiral pattern and thin ribbon lattice on the rear, which would be overhanging the nape of the wearer. "This is Scylla's Mantle. It's a unique little trinket when worn at night. In direct moonlight, it has the ability to enamor those around you, as well as lowering their rage and bloodlust towards you. The effect only seems to be good in the moonlight, and I've found that more powerful people are not going to fall under this crown's spell. I'll start the bidding at 200 for this fancy head piece."

((GP deducted from Drago, Scylla's mantle will go on sale for a week, it does not effect those higher than your character, and only works in direct moonlight.))

Silence Sei
07-24-10, 09:28 PM
"200!" A girl's voice called out, "Papa would love to see me in that, I'm sure!" The girl in the blue dress giggled as Travis nodded, spinning the piece of equipment to the child known as Anita Orlouge.

"The next thing I have for you guys is a ring!" Travis shouted, showing the wooden band around his index finger towards the crowd. Many faceless villagers kneeled in to take in the average looking design of the wooden ring. Travis merely smiled and bowed to them, explaining the equipments capabilities.

"The Livol Band here is made of exactly that, livol. While it looks normal in appearence, this little thing can invigorate your spirit. It roughly gives ya about five percent magical resistance when simply worn, and you can use its special ability to take about fifteen percent off of any attack thrown at you. Such a small thing could become the deciding factor in a fight. The thing is fickle, however, and only uses it's unique skill once a fight. If a flame touches this thing, watch out, because it'll pretty much be cinders instantly. Just a heads up. I say we start at 250 GP!"

((GP deducted from myself, livol band up for a week. Sorry, been busy with work lately, guys))

Silence Sei
08-01-10, 09:01 AM
Anita looked back and forth, a horrified expression painted on her face. "Seriously people?!" she yelled at the crowd, "Who wouldn't want somthing cool like that!? 250 GP!" The girl raised her hand once again, being tossed the wooden ring almost instantly. The accsessory fell into her hand with a smile. It looked like Sei was at least getting one present from his daughter today.

"I suppose if we're not too big on jewelry here, we can start with some weaponry!" Travis exclaimed, walking behind his car and moving his hands downwards. The strange machine's trunk popped up and Travis leaned in, taking out a lance taller than the man himself, roughly nine feet long to be precise. The handle was steel bound oak and had a design of spiral green and white.Twirling the weapon around as if it were a baton, Travis began to talk.

"Valeeena's Favor is this lances name. Under certain conditions, this thing can pierce armor three tiers higher than itself. These conditions are when the owner is mounted on someothing, charging, and in sunlight, though it doesn't have to be direct sunlight, naturally. Also, is this unblessed weapon ever -gets- blessed by a lady within the Scara Brae court, it'll gain magical capabilities and be able to pierce ghosts and the undead to great effect. By great effect I mean that it will cause an unstoppable bleeding effect, doubling the time it takes for regenerative powers to kick in. I suppose it would also work on regular people with healing factors, but I've been told that it works best on creatures of the night. Now that we got a weapon, let's say 600 GP."

((I get Livol Band. Bidding for Valeena's Favor ends in a week. GP deducted))

Silence Sei
08-09-10, 02:05 PM
"This great stuff isn't being bid on, really?!" Anita shot her hand up once more. Her father oculd always use another weapon. "600!"

Travis laughed at the girl and sent one of his reps to handle the transaction. The racer then went into his car and pulled out two items. One was a simple wool hood, colored red. The other item was a gem. The gem resembled a cat's eye and Travis gripped it hard as he attached the hood to his head. As soon as the hood came over Travis' features, the darkness around him seemed to intensify, completely hiding his face from the crowd.

"The Dark Eye is an item that intensifies darkness around any shadows that are present. For one wearing a hood or cloak, this could completely make you invisible, so long as you are in shadows. The second light is around a part of you, however, you are revealed. This item can be used for more than just espionage, however. That's just it's pretty basic goal. I've never tried to use it on someone else, but I imagine if you willed it, you could completely blind someone surrounded in shadows. I've heard this thing is more effective if embedded into a piece of jewelry, but I didn't want to give yall too much fabulous stuff. The bidding for the Dark Eye starts at 200 GP!"

((You know the drill))

Revenant
08-09-10, 02:15 PM
Interesting, William mused as the oddly dressed auctioneer held up the Dark Eye. Perfectly content to watch Sei's adopted daughter spend all her father's gold on random baubles with youthful exhuberence, the cloaked revenant had had it in mind to give up all hopes of finding something useful in the Auction House this day.

This Dark Eye however, seemed like something that was right up his alley.

"200," William gestured, throwing the opening bid.

Requiem of Insanity
08-09-10, 02:32 PM
Moving gently behind the revenant William Arcus and smiling devilishly she looked to the Dark Eye. True, she had a sneaking suit that bent all light around her and hid her completely while in the shadows, sometimes it would be easier to just work with the cloak instead.

She looked to her purse, purred delightfully, and offered her hand as she made her bid, "250 gold!" She replied to William's offer, smiling to him as his wave of heat and her wave of dread collided.

Revenant
08-09-10, 02:39 PM
William's eyes narrowed dangerously.

Thayne be damned I hate that arrogant, smug little ....

"300," he waved, less concerned now with winning the bauble than he was in denying it to Cassandra.

Requiem of Insanity
08-09-10, 02:43 PM
Knowing full well that she had succeeded in curing her boredom she gave William a polite nod of her head acknowledging his bet. Now was the time to see how much William despised her. As his heat increased so to did the cold, rush of dread, meeting it head on. A passerby who hadn't even noticed the two walked through it, and the intense feelings made them collapse. Both looked down to the helpless man, then continued to stare at each other.

"Stop playing games, demonkin," Cassandra purred. "500."

Revenant
08-09-10, 03:56 PM
"Cut the game, Cutter?" William quirked an eyebrow at Cassandra. At that moment he was actually hoping to start a 'game' with the murderess, one that involved his claws and her insides, just as the 'woman with a thousand silly, spooky sounding names' was likely thinking of playing a game with him that involved her cold, sharp cutlery set.

The Aution House tensed with baited breath for the next move between the two monsters.

"600," William threw up his bid without taking his eyes from the Dark Mistress of Stabbity Death.

Requiem of Insanity
08-09-10, 04:01 PM
Cassandra lowered her eyebrow in a seductive challenge, feeling the Neanderthals desire to smash. She reminded him a lot of the story of Ramah Quenzecotl, a barbarian Lizardman who ran around with a giant club screaming for pants and drowning people, quite literally, in shit. He met a rather ironic end at the hands of his companions being more interested in a blueberry muffin than the strange statue of a dark god. Ramah was never seen again, but she had heard the muffin was exquisite.

Seeing his eyes full of determination she faked a look at her perfectly clean nails, as if her next bid was nothing to her. "650," she said softly.

Come you Barbaric retard bashing bafoon.

SirArtemis
08-09-10, 04:09 PM
Artemis stood, giddy with excitement and knowing that his odds of winning the bidding were near zero.

"This would be so useful too... oh well... can't say I didn't try! 655!!"

Artemis checked his pockets, seeing if he had any other loose change he could contribute.

'Hmm, nope.. this is it...'

Requiem of Insanity
08-09-10, 04:14 PM
Cassandra looked to the newcomer with scorn. What manner of idiot thought they should interrupt their little game? Hatefully she turned her gaze to him, bringing the full force of her wave of dread, fixing him to the spot with her deadly glare.

"Did you not read the rules, you simpleton? There is a minimum bid that must be placed, so that your pittance will not hamper those that have real money! Recede your imbecilic bid and leave the bidding to the real men and woman. Insufferable child..." she muttered as she looked to the Revenant awaiting his move.

SirArtemis
08-09-10, 04:25 PM
Artemis couldn't help but feel a bit uncomfortable due to her scrutinizing gaze, and the wave of discomfort that washed over him made him somewhat pity the woman.

"My money isn't fake, it's just limited. Not to mention that from what I see, you aren't much older than me, and with far less manners. I didn't expect to win anyways, but it was worth a shot."

Artemis took his coins and turned his back on the pathetic woman and lifted his hand in a waving gesture as he walked off.

'Poor woman, she'll be alone her whole life with that attitude. Even looking at her makes me feel shitty.'

Revenant
08-09-10, 04:33 PM
While William's attitude towards the interloper wasn't filled with the same scorn that Cassandra's was, he found that his annoyance matched hers almost perfectly.

"Fool should know when to stay out of it," he grumbled at the man's retreating backside. "I believe, girly-girl, that the bid was up to ..."

William waved his hand flippantly at the auctioneer, "700."

Requiem of Insanity
08-09-10, 04:39 PM
Cassandra smiled to William, now that things were back on track. She counted her stacks of coins, smiling to herself as she approached the demonkin, and with a soft, generous look she turned to the auctioneer, and lifted her hand. "750," she replied.

"Mr. Arcus, I would almost assume you are betting against me just to spite me!" she giggled to him. "How very childlike of you. I never knew you could be prone to such Jensen-like outbursts. This does paint a sorry picture for the big bad Revenant, wouldn't you agree?"

Duffy
08-09-10, 04:50 PM
"Oh please, children, there is a time and a place for measuring one's appendages, and it neither here nor today," Ruby and Duffy chuckled as they spoke their rebuke together. Without thinking, they both raised their single placard with a hand each, and added their 'simpleton bid' to the proceedings.

After all, what better use for such an item, than thievery?

"900!" They offered between them.

Requiem of Insanity
08-09-10, 05:01 PM
Cassandra heard the Tantalus speaking behind them, and with a mischievous smile she pocketed her coin purse. With one last challenging look to William she lifted her cloak up and wrapped it around her shoulders.

"It seems today I have been defeated by the whims of you, Lord Bracken and Lady La'Roux." She gave them both a pleasant smile. "I shall withdraw from this betting competition. I bid you both Adieu and a pleasant evening." She kept her dark companion in check, his fleeting desire to rush to them, hound them with their dread, but simply put it wouldn't have mattered at this stage. Her tricks would only work when she had the upper hand and outside making them both sorely uncomfortable there was nothing else to be gained. Besides, she had her fun. The item at best was worth four hundred coins, so William was already spending more than he should have.

She had her victory, and she could part the curtain to allow the Tantalus center stage as she made her exit. One day, she would come back into the performance, and it would be all about the demise of Duffy and his troupe of morons.

"Do take care, William," Cassandra teased as she waved to him. "As do you two." She nodded her head to Duffy and Ruby.

Revenant
08-09-10, 05:21 PM
William shook his head, as if a stupor were just ended suddenly by being doused in icewater.

"Well there goes the party," he grumbled. Some how, some way, the Tanatalum always knew how to ruin a demon's fun.

"Take it," he said, shrugged at Duffy and Ruby to indicate that without Cassandra's participation he had no further stake in this contest.

"Hey Remi, wait up," he called, chasing after the Midnight Mistress' departing form. "Why don't you let me take you to dinner, eh? We can even split the check."

Duffy
08-09-10, 05:24 PM
Duffy smiled eagerly as the other bidders in the auction took their leave, and the two troupe members glimmered a smile to one another. Of course, Duffy had already planned to split the cost fifty fifty, after all, they would both be using it.

Ruby had other ideas, as ever, and was already 'forgetting' to have brought her money.

It was almost their's!

Silence Sei
08-17-10, 01:08 AM
"Sold to the lovers in the crowd!" Travis bellowed as he tossed the gem towards the man known as Duffy.

The racer reached into his pockets now, withdrawing a bauble from his pants and holding it high in the air. All eyes in the crowd instantly followed the item, preapred for the explanation that followed.

"This is The Shiny! It may seem like a simple gold coin, but I assure you it is not! This magical item has the ability to appear as though it is what you want most in the world, provided you just catch a glimpse of it. In direct contact with ones eyes, it looks like a regular gold coin with strange markings on it, yet for some reason the shinyness of it compels people to look at it. This is perhaps the single most distracting item in all of Althanas history, and good news, your going to get a 90% discount starting bid! 100 GP!"

Hysteria
08-17-10, 02:24 AM
Talen put his hand up for the dagger of screaming death, then realised that it was actually a small gold coin.

"Oh..." Said Talen realising what had happened, "100 it is!"

Godhand
08-21-10, 12:11 PM
I'm liquid timing this so it takes place before Dawnbringers. Also I'm out of practice so I suck and time isn't on my side. Also I've long since stopped giving a fuck. Screw it.

He didn't know why he was there. He wasn't really showy with his money; didn't go around the bazaar hunting for the latest shiny bauble or gimmicked brick of a weapon. He had a well stocked armory, certainly, but he didn't name his weapons or beat himself off thinking about the contours of his guns. They were tools to him. He was a fixer and he had to have the right tool for the right job; be prepared. But beyond a certain point, you were just showing off. He liked keeping his money for the essentials; food, water, clothing, wine, books and an apartment on a high floor of a ritzy building where he could hide for days without anybody but the maids bothering him. Everything was made out of wood and brass. It smelled like a museum. He never had to make his own bed. And he was alone. Blissfully, wonderfully alone. The oasis.

The rest was strictly his kidnap and extortion money and only he and Giacomazzi had the keys to it. That was there just in case anybody ever got the drop on him and decided to put his life for sale instead of just taking him out, unlikely given the truly fantastic bones being the one that had taken him out would provide, but even a small chance was still a chance. Other than that, the much more common use for it was much more boring. Get out of jail, pay off the judge, you didn't see shit, etc.

Anyway, certainly he never hung out at the fucking auction house. Bunch of primping, spoiled peacocks strung out on laudanum and absinthe, jockeying for pole position in their little backwards blueblood arena for the rich and bitchy, fucking and sucking each other off when they weren't throwing daddy's money away. A hellish carnival orgy of money, make-up and entitlement. What a fucking nightmare.

Coming was a bad idea. He'd been bored and decided hey, maybe they'd have something good for sale or there'd be interesting people but no, nothing but shit and a generation of swine wallowing in it. Despite his job, needless conflict always stressed him out and put him in 'work-mode' and the petty bitchiness of these people had tightened his back but good. Ugh. The spiteful stares, the snarky remarks, the needless haranguing. It was too much. These people had their own little world and they could keep it as far as he was concerned.

Luckily, he'd been relatively inconspicuous the whole time so he didn't think anyone would notice him leaving. But just as he stood up, the last item caught his eye. And he didn't know how to describe it. It was just...There. A cooled grape vodka highball on a hot morning. A cute barely legal barista winking at you when handing you your order. A bullet in a gun you thought was empty. The good times. The good life.

He looked around. Was he really...?

"Two hundred gold coins."

Oh well. Fuck 'em.

Silence Sei
08-28-10, 10:20 PM
"SOLD! For two hundred gold to the gangsta gangsta!" Travis tossed the man his actual prize, a gold coin now that everybody could see it. As everyone's eyes followed The Shiny, Travis pulled out an obsidian orb, a small gold sliver in the middle to resemble an eye. Travis began holding it up in the air and coughing just to get the crowd's attention once more.

"The Eye of the Avian allows you to see through the eyes of any bird you so choose. This effect can only be used on one bird at a time. You also have to make eye contact with the foul. Depending on how strong you are, you can hold your link with our feathered friend for more miles. The orb also allows for slight control of the flyer. Lets start our new bid at 200!"

((Can keep up a link to your bird for a mile per level. So a level 4 character can see through the bird's eyes with said bird being at most four miles away. sorry about the delay, got caught up with personal life stuff. Yall know how we do this by now.))

Silence Sei
09-10-10, 01:21 PM
"200!" Anita said as she waved her hand once more, the trinket being tossed her way.

Travis next pulled out a silver bell. The strange thing about the contraption was that there was no hammer to ring it. Despite this, Travis moved the object around as if he were expecting to har a sound. Within a few minutes, everyone who had left the Auction House had returned, confused as to why they had done so.

"This my friends is the summoning bell. It can summon one group of people the user desires. If you want a group of men, they're here. You want women? Done. Or if you prefer more specifically, spellcasters, that can work too. I myself just used it to summon back people who had bought stuff here. Kep in mind, this thing does not mind control people, and you have to be thinking of who you want here for it to work. The bell will never make a sound, even if you strike it with your own fingernail. I've yet to see this thing with a range cap, however. It's so dear to me for getting me more gold, parting with it will cost at least 500 GP."

"500 GP!" Anita cried out, raising her hand furiously. She knew that this thing was about to get some major attention.

((GP deducted from me))

Scrotus
09-10-10, 01:39 PM
Archibald Butler didn't count his crowns, he knew they only equaled roughly two-hundred gold pieces. Instead he stood and with a half cocked grin he stated-

"I've got eight-hundred," he paused, mubbling his next word, "crowns."

He figured his plan would at least work to break the morale of the people that filled the room around him. In actuality he could care less if he got the bell or not, he just wanted something, anything.

((OOC If you didn't know Crown's are Salvar's form of money. They are worth .25 gp's a piece, so if this post works in tricking the auctioner that would put me at 0 gp. Thanks.))

Bloodrose
09-10-10, 03:06 PM
"What's that? Crowns didya say?" The man standing directly to the recent bidder's left said loudly. The man cupped a hand to his ear for effect, feigning deafness. "I coulda sworn you said crowns. The nice lady is biddin gold young'un - keep up!"

A few of the other auction goers nearby stifled chuckles as the speaker - an older gentleman in his mid-to-late fifties turned his attention back to the front of the room. He was dressed plainly in a pair of black slacks matched with a black shirt and a well-worn green tunic cinched about the waist. He was clean shaven with short-cropped hair, and at a glance was without any major distinguishing feature. He was truly a forgettable individual, which was precisely what his employer paid him to be.

"Five hunnered and fifty gold pieces," the old man drawled, "fer the bell."

Hysteria
09-10-10, 09:07 PM
Women.... this thing can summon women...

"600!" Shouted Talen.

Bloodrose
09-10-10, 11:18 PM
"Six hunnered and fifty." The geezer in the green tunic bid again.

A bell that could summon whomever the wielder had in mind seemed to be drawing a fair amount of attention, but one had to suppose that this wasn't very surprising. The number of possible uses for such an object were nigh on innumerable, which was precisely why the aging bidder's employer would willingly pay handsomely for such a trinket.

Letho
09-11-10, 12:17 PM
By the time Letho got out of the damned prison activated by the vendor, opportunity for several interesting items has passed him by. He was out of Your Own Device, breathing fresh air once again, just in time when the bell was presented. And judging by the number of bidders already interested in the device, it seemed to be something of value. And more importantly, something useful. At first, the Marshal was on the fence about spending some more coin on it, but when he noticed Teric Bloodrose bidding for it, it didn't take Letho much longer to follow suit.

"Seven hundred and fifty!" he said, raising his gauntleted hand. To the old man, he offered a nod and a smirk. He had fought Teric in the last Cell and the man was dangerous enough without an ability to summon a group of his buddies at will. And even if he couldn't outbid the veteran, he could still make him spend a bit more currency than six-fifty.

Silence Sei
09-19-10, 07:06 AM
"Sold for seven hundred and fifty GP to Letho Ravenheart!"

Travis tossed the item once more to the general. However, upon doing so, the bell 'rang' several times flying through the air, swarmuing the marshall with a crowd of customers, eager to spend their gold. Travis paid it no mind as he now held a feline statue once attention was back on him.

"Idol of the Feline gives you double dexterity and grace when its on your person. The catch is that it only doubles your base grace and base dexterity. Soo guys who can up their awesomeness eight times, this won't help[ you much. Bidding for this trinket will start at two hundred GP!"

((Boo))

Hysteria
09-19-10, 08:14 AM
"200 it is!" Cried Talen.

Arden
09-19-10, 08:25 AM
Blank rolled his eyes at the eagerness of the other customer, and raised his placard from the rear of the Auction House chamber. "Four hundred," he plied, thinking the investment worthwhile in his clandestine endeavours.

Knave
09-19-10, 09:50 AM
Entering for the first time, Ace came with a dancing swagger, his feet tapping between steps, his shoulders rolling, and an upbeat hum. “Everyone’s staring, and flashing their gold, there’s something staring at me, something I have just got to hold.” He said, never raising his voice for his cantrip (it still needed work) but when he finished, he shouted from the back of the auction house a complete trumping of the previous wager, “500 for the statue!”

Arden
09-19-10, 10:09 AM
"700, and a promise not to gut that gentlemen with a large knife for garters," he glared at the opposing bidder with malice, licking his lips with a threatening scowl.

Knave
09-19-10, 10:24 AM
"Ah, seems I'm going to have to work for this one." Ace said, shaking his head before giving Blank a somewhat good natured look, one that joked and simply said fuck you at the same time. "800, and I'll pass on the promise. A drunkard needs something to dream about, eh?"

Silence Sei
09-30-10, 12:07 AM
"Sold for 800 to one half of the cat fighting newlyweds!" Travis joked as he threw the statue towards Ace. He next pulled an ivory wand out of his pocket, twirling it around.

"Elruiand's Light can give off a fifty foot radius of pure light around it. It's not a good fighting technique other than blinding people, but the undead must stay on the borders of the light, considering where it's from. I guess you could also blind people with it, but it's mostly just a makeshift flashlight. Lets start bidding at hm.... 100 GP?"

((You know))

Hysteria
09-30-10, 05:38 AM
"100!" Shouted Talen.

Silence Sei
10-08-10, 06:11 PM
"100 GP and this thing is sold! Avada Cadavera!" Travis said, throwing the wand towards Talen Shadowalker, and realizing that nobody else would understand the Harry Potter reference.

Travis quickly pulled out a small statue next, waving his hand over it as he described it. "This is the Night Bloom. The small statue-like object is roughly four inches across and stands four inches high. It is in the shape of a flower with seven petals and small roots spreading from the base which allows it to stand upright. At night the flower can be used by the owner stroking the slender petals, causing it to open and spread natural, soft daylight in a small to medium room. It is made of mostly ivory, with accents of ebony mixed in, the roots are pure jade. The Night Bloom does not work during the day-light hours. Why not start at 200 GP?"

((Yeah. 1 week since you looked at me, yadda yadda.))

Bloodrose
10-08-10, 07:37 PM
"The 'flashlight' that can keep the undead at bay sells for a hundred, and you expect us to start the bidding on another flashlight - sans undead repulsion - at two hundred?"

The somber-dressed older man at the back of the room, silent since being outbid earlier by the Marshal Letho Ravenheart, spoke up. The look on his face bespoke a mix of incredulity and sly wit, as if the man was pointing out the ridiculous nature of the markup not only to get a lower price for himself, but also to incite those around him as well.

"I'd give you no more than a twenty piece for that trinket." The man shot at the auctioneer.

Silence Sei
10-08-10, 08:00 PM
"A Clever man you are, Sir," Travis pointed out, making sure hewould quell the insanoity that may break out in this crowd, "Though I would imagine something made of both ivory and Jade would have sold for double the price at the bazaar, I'll ask you people, do you want more?!"

The crowd came out in a big way, roparing applause in reaction to Travis' question. "Then more you shall get!"

Travis reached into his car, taking out a pair of black sunglasses and putting them on his face. "So let's see what you will do with Dash Shades."

Taking off the sunglasses, Travis tossed the pair towards Teric Barton. The glasses hit the veteran square in the chest, and the next thing anyone could tell, Travis was right in front of the mercenary, a smile on his face, and shades in his hands. He then turned his attention back to the crowd.

"Buy the Night Bloom, and I'll throw in the Dash Shades. Instructions are simple; Put em on your face, throw them, and whatever they hit, you're instantly teleported right in front of it. No lag needed." Travis turned back, a refuse-eating grin on his face as if he were now talking directly to Teric.

"Do I hear 200?"

Hysteria
10-08-10, 08:13 PM
"200!" Talen pocketed the wand was already bidding for more.

Rayse Valentino
10-08-10, 08:52 PM
"300," came a voice from a coated, elderly man in the back.

Enigmatic Immortal
10-09-10, 12:33 AM
Jensen walked past the sunglasses at the table and instantly he thought he needed them, right this second, right then and there. They were sooo cool that he was already fishing through his gold coins to buy the pair. Dammit all to hell if Stephanie didn't think he looked Sexy wearing those sunglasses at night!

Oh, and they did something else too, BONUS!

"450" Jensen said jiggling the coins with a chuckle.

Zerith
10-09-10, 12:51 AM
Two items for the price of one? The halberdier would have been a fool to not take a shot at claiming them. Besides, the possibility of frustrating Jensen in the process was just too good to pass up on.

"500!" the warder shouted. He turned his head and flashed the immortal a grin, daring him to keep going.

Hysteria
10-15-10, 03:09 AM
"600!" Shouted Talen.

Enigmatic Immortal
10-15-10, 09:35 AM
Well, assholes, looks like you really want it more than me, so... Jensen smiled as he dug a little deeper. He looked at the coins and thought of Azza, thought of her smiling face when she saw her new bicycle, that book she always wanted, and small funds to go to a real school and meet new people.

Were these glasses worth his daughter's smile? He hesitated for a moment. Then dug even deeper to look at a locket Stephanie had bought him with a family photo inside. He opened it, gazed upon the picture, and smiled more before thinking more about it.

"800," Jensen said slamming the gold on the counter.

He was farily sure he could get Azza to laugh while she watched Stephanie kill him.

Rayse Valentino
10-15-10, 05:59 PM
The elderly man remembered his instructions. He also remembered his allowance for purchases.

"900," he said, to the surprise of the other auctioneers.

Enigmatic Immortal
10-15-10, 07:59 PM
There it was, the difficult choice of either going into this, or going out of this with mone in hand...he didn't think he should spend that one much, but then again...those glasses were SOOOO cool.

"Ah, shit, Steaph would kill me more than once for buying those stupid glasses. And I'm pretty sure she'd be pissed for a week which means sleeping ont hat couch. And that couch fucking sucks. I'm out."

Silence Sei
10-16-10, 07:27 AM
((Rayse did not meet the 'post before noon on the final day' deadline, so EI gets the rewards))

'But don't you want your cool shades?" Travis asked, to the shock of the man who had bid higher. It seemed as though the driver had not heard the sinister man's bid at all. Tossing the shades to Jensen Ambrose, the immortal took the glasses, Travis teleporting right in front of him as he dug into his pocket for the next awesome auction house item.

What he pulled out instead appeared to be a jelly bean like candy. He popped the candy into his mouth and began to chew, looking to his adoring public.

"They're just so darn delicious, and that's not the only cool thing about these Jelly Fruits!" Travis took the sides of his face and started stretching it out, contorting it to various lengths and widths. By the time he had finished, he had caused his face to be an exact replica of Letho Ravenheart.

"For one hour, these Jelly Candies will let you morph your face like it were silly putty. I had eleven of them a second ago, but for the sake of example, I had to knock it down to ten. Such good treats, as well as magical properties, deserve a decent price, don't you think? Why not three hundred GP to start us off at?"

Aiko
10-16-10, 10:32 AM
"And what about after those ten, what then? Why should anyone in their right mind, or their wrong mind for that matter, pay hundreds, if not ultimatly thousands of gold depending on how bidding goes, for ten beans that only last an hour apiece. That's not even a full day, and its only the face. What about the rest of the body? Even an expert thief would have precious little use for those, unless there was some way to get more, which I doubt, so why should we spend our hard-earned gold on those?"

The speaker was in the back, hidden in dark shadows, wearing a dense black hooded robe that completly obscured what she truly was. But, her disguise didn't hide her intent. She wasn't a buyer, she was nothing more than a trouble maker, out to stir up chaos. Of course, if suffeciently answered, she might be turned into a buyer.

Silence Sei
10-16-10, 12:15 PM
"Well then, random voice from out of nowhere," Travis said, refusing to throw in another two for one for the likes of someone not even willing to show their face to say their cowardly words, "I suppose nobody has any interest in the fact that it does not just morph your face!"

Travis demonstrated by stretching his fingers out as if they were taffy, before mushing them back together correctly. "It takes a little longer for the rest of the body to catch up, as the juices from the jellies take a little bit to get into the other parts of your system. However, as you can clearly see, you can become a full master of disguise at will with these delicious treats. I could only procure twelve myself, but I gave one to a couple of orphan kids on the way here. Psyche! I ate that one too, couldn't help myself. So it's ten or nothing."

"I promise you, they taste like nothing you've ever had. Not even the Sin of Gluttony himself has ever tried one of these delictable babies!"

Enigmatic Immortal
10-16-10, 12:43 PM
Jensen was about to give up when suddenly he felt a flower and sunglasses in hand a lot lighter in the pockets. The old guy, where is he? Jensen searched for him and found him.

"You were willing to go up to 900 for this, so tell you what, cause I'd prefer to have sex tonight, you can have them for what I paid for."

Rayse Valentino
10-16-10, 05:07 PM
"Very well," replied the old man. He traded 800 gold pieces for the items.

Aiko
10-16-10, 06:56 PM
The figure slowly moved forward into the light. Her kind wasn't normally welcome much of anywhere, a racial stigma attached to their very form.

"I wouldn't say that exactly, it has been proven impossible to know precisely what my dear brother has, and has not eaten. But, I don't know, maybe Khal'jaren knows exactly, but really, who cares?" The speaker said, robes falling away to reveal the devil hiding inside.

"Demon's aren't welcome here." an old man nearby hissed.

"Good thing I'm not a demon anymore then, isn't it? I evolved, became more than a demon. I'm the first devil ever to set foot upon this world. But enough about me.

For my brother's pleasure, 300 is yours." Calbrena said.

Bloodrose
10-16-10, 08:51 PM
"Four hunnered." The old man off to the side of the crowd said. Having not been given further cause to harass the auctioneer, the man settled for bidding just like anyone else.

Hysteria
10-17-10, 02:00 AM
Talen shifted unconfortably in his seat. The current item was not an interest to him and he was getting bored. He had given up trying to look through the windows of the car at the other items, they we too well hidden.

Maybe the rule about posting should be changed to include either 12noon a week later or one day after the last bid (which ever is longer). That way no one can slide in with a few minutes to go and get it, or re-start bidding can keep going(like what just happened) :) The new item could be introduced in a week regardless or after the end of the previous item. That seems like people would be able to really get into the bidding.

Aiko
10-17-10, 10:27 AM
"Five Hundred." Calbrena said while glaring at the old man who out bid her.

Bloodrose
10-17-10, 12:14 PM
"Six." The man at the side of the room, not to be outbid easily, countered.

Troubled-Crow
10-17-10, 01:26 PM
Warren hummed the Funeral Dirge quietly as he entered the room. It had quickly become his favourite song, after paying his respects so many times. He'd been to as many funerals as he had murdered people, and this was no coincedence. Warren was a murderer, but a religous one. No lighting would strike him today.
He looked around, particularly at the old person, and the seemingly demon-like thing in a mass bidding war. Warren sat down calmly, put his hand on a small table in front of him, and retrieved his brand new knife from his vast coat. It gleamed menacingly as he began to play Five Finger Fillet to pass the time. He would wait for the next item, and he would wait patiently.

Aiko
10-17-10, 07:51 PM
"Ahh, I have made you pay double for worthless candies. I am satisfied." Calbrena lied, upset she had lost a present for her brother.

Silence Sei
10-25-10, 10:24 PM
"Sold to the pain in my side for six hundred GP!" Travis put the beans in a small leather pouch and tossed them to the old man.

"Bring out Kruger's Blade!" Travis yelled to someone, an unremarkable man approaching the stage holding a two-handed sword, and seemingly struggling to keep it up. Travis waved his hands like a game show co-host at the weapon.

"Wielded by a powerful warrior from an ancient tribe of vicious Berevar warriors, this heavy steel broadsword is large enough that a normal man requires two hands to wield it. The sword itself is plain and unadorned by any markings other than two bladed spikes in the cross-guard that point along the lower portions of the sword’s blade. The Kruger's were a fierce tribe and the blade's wielder, Viktor, was such a paragon of the ferocious peoples that a portion of his power resides in the sword to this day, giving the steel sword twice the force that its bearer should strike with and making even the tiniest wound made by the blade ache with searing pain. I'd give you an example, but that would reveal my one weakness; death." Travis smile, hearing a little bit of laughter froma round the crowd.

"Shall we start at five hundred?"

Hysteria
10-26-10, 03:58 AM
"500!" Shouted Talen. It was going to be hard for the youth to fight with the massive sword, but he wanted it.

Revenant
10-28-10, 08:54 AM
William cocked an eyebrow at the offering of the massive sword. The aura of menace that the sword emanated washed over him like a warm spring tide, setting his nerves aflame.

"550," he said gesturing to Travis.

Aiko
10-28-10, 10:30 AM
She didn't want the sword, she just wanted to jack up the price, so in a clear voice, Calbrena made her offer.

"700 gold."

Slayer of the Rot
11-02-10, 07:27 PM
"None of you pussies could even wield that thing." The cold voice came from nowhere, seeming to emerge from nothing but thin air. The auction house fell silent for a moment as a snarl came next, and the air in the back row seemed to shudder and twist like writhing snakes. First came the gray, faint at first, fast solidifying into blacks and whites. Eyes like chips of flint settled on the auctioneer. The guards, in a panic, scrambled for their weapons at the sudden sight of Dan Lagh'ratham. He pierced them with a glare, scowling.

"Don't. I'm here on business. I've got no interest in blood today. Come at me and I'll destroy this place and kill everyone inside before your reinforcements ever come." The guards traded nervous glances, and Dan closed his eyes, drawing in a deep breath.

"All right. A thousand gold for that steel toothpick you're bidding off, if I'm not too late."

Silence Sei
11-02-10, 09:40 PM
"Fraid you are too late, my good man, but stay in store for what I've got next!"

Travis issued one of the sudden assistants to toss him something, a bl;ue eyeball of sorts. He held in it the air for all to see.

"The Eye of Tal’Erbaugh: The mummified eye of the Mystic Tal’Erbaugh still gazes at the world with an unnatural intensity. Its ice blue iris and surrounding area is still smeared with veined streaks of the azure blood of the man who the eye once belonged to, and if held in the palm of one’s hand the eye pulses uncomfortably, as if somehow still alive. If the Eye is set into a piece of jewelry and prominently displayed then it grants the wearer one use per day of the Mystic races signature Mystic Protection spell, completely blocking a single strike by forming a shield of glass around the wearer which fades once the attack is blocked. If the bearer of the Eye actually removes their own eye and replaces it with Tal’Erbaugh’s then the glass shield formed by the Mystic Protection spell actually explodes outwards into shards of glass as a living Mystic’s would, causing harm to everyone around the Eye’s owner unless their foes immediately drop to the ground. Let's say we start bidding for this incredible item at 700 GP!"

Aiko
11-02-10, 10:15 PM
Calbrena grabbed the handle of the giant sword, and dragged it behind her, straining with the effort required of her to move it. The crowd laughed at her feeble efforts, and the devil stopped at the doorway.

"This isn't over, you hear? I'm going to get my older sister, The Deadly Sin of Greed to come down here, and turn your precious auction into a junk sale!" she declared, and then disappeared with her sword.

A note appeared in Travis's hands.

"Don't worry precious, it's far more beneficial to me for things to remain as they are. The essence of my nature runs rampant in your house, why would I counter that? If you run out of items to auction, let me know, I'll give you access to MY treasures.

~Greed."

Hysteria
11-03-10, 12:29 AM
"700!" Talen was getting the hang of this bid and lose the item game. The unholy way the eye looked at the crowd was too good not to go for.

Slayer of the Rot
11-03-10, 01:48 AM
"Look at her. Pathetic." Dan sneered at the little devil as she struggled to do something he could do with nothing but his pinky finger wrapped around its pommel. He had to admit that the sword's power had made him somewhat nostalgic; he'd once had a mythril dirk enchanted to do the same. Muttering under his breath, he closed his eyes agaiin and lowered his face, rubbing hard at his temple with the heel of his hand. After a moment, he looked back up, and producing a cigarette and a match, calmed his nerves with a long drag and squinted down the rows at Travis.

"Interesting," he murmured, watching as the auctioneer turned the eye this way and that, letting any and all to let them see its icy iris and curious, grotesque veins slithering across its surface. 'And the real power can't be released unless its implanted into the body' he thought, grinning slightly. It was almost as though the auctioneer had the item set aside for a man like him. After all, he had done the same four times before. What could a fifth time hurt? Or the sixth? Or even the twelfth? It was an easy way to gain power.

He shot a sharp glare at the boy who beat him to the first bid. Clearing his throat, he called out, "Nine hundred and fifty crowns."

Silence Sei
11-11-10, 05:03 PM
"Sold, for Nine-fitty!" Travis exclaimed, signaling for the exchange to be made. Next, the group brought out a book, Travis took it from them and from all around the audience, the gras began to grow taller, forming seats that accomedated the clientelle.

"Written many years ago by a reclusive druid, the title of this moss streaked tome of etched bark translates roughly to “Way of the Living Woods”. Each page of the tome is filled with a variety of symbols representing the ebb and flow of the natural world. Once an understanding of the book’s symbols has been thoroughly researched, possessing the Via Silvictus allows the wielder to coax the rapid growth and movement of living organic plant life. An owner who touches the Via Silvictus, even someone with no magical potential, can wield nominal life giving nature magic. Someone who already possesses nature magic will find that their power is greatly enhanced while touching the tome. As a book of life, Via Silvictus cannot be used to kill plant life and a user must be in actual physical contact with the tome for its effects to work, though changes made while touching the book are permanent afterwards. Let's set it at 800 this time."

TwinCast
11-11-10, 09:01 PM
Aislinn looked upon the book, a hint of interest in her eyes before she raised a slender hand, "I will pay eight hundred for that."

Slayer of the Rot
11-12-10, 02:03 AM
"Borrow your knife?"

The jittery, pale faced young man beside gasped and practically jumped out of his skin, but was too shocked and frightened not to oblige. With a shaking hand, he drew a practically brand new curved dagger from a sheath at his hip and handed it over to the monster. Dan smiled at him as he took the weapon, though it was hard to tell if it was genuine or mocking. Palming the pulsing blue eye for a moment, his new prize.

"Well...too bad for Tel'Erbaugh, eh? Heh heh heh."

The dry chuckle did nothing to mask the horrid wet noises as Dan plunged the dagger into his face, slicing flesh away wiith all too much experience, before thrujusting his fingers into the socket and dragging out his own right eye. A thick cord of nerves clung stubbornly to the thing, practically dripping upon the floor. Dan laughed again as the young man's face went green. He pointed the eye between his fingers at him, grinning. "Interesting view," he murmured, and sliced through the cord. He dropped the gray eye upon the floor like mere litter, and then popped the icy blue eye in to his practically flayed, mutilated socket.

"Going to be a few minutes before it all reconnects and sews back up." Ragged, twisted black hair fell over the grisly eye, a rellief for those watching, as it did not yet move with the other. It was rather unsettling. He handed the dagger back, ooozing with his blood, and squinted down at the next object. The young man took it back hesitantly, and didn't have the stomach to wipe it clean. If he was a clever one, he'd know how to sew a nice tale of how the Red Beast's blood had gotten on his blade.

"Eh...plants...I can do that myself. I'll wait for the next peice to go up."

Silence Sei
11-20-10, 07:44 AM
"800 to the hot red head! I'll even throw in my number!" Travis joked with the crowd, though he did give his home adress to his people to deliver to Aislinn Orlouge. Travis was married, but at this point, he thought he'd never see his wife back on Earth again. It was time to start getting his groove back.

Travis shook his head out of his stupor and reached into his jump suits infinite abyss pocket, withdrawing a single flask. The thing was completely empty, and it had some strange carvings on it.

"Ruby Flask: This empty wine-bottle sized flask has been carved from a single enormous ruby, meaning that it is worth quite a bit on its own. Once filled with a non-magical liquid, the runes of the flask ensure that the flask will remain perpetually filled with that same liquid. A user has to be sure of what they fill the flask with as its contents can never be replaced and the flask can only be emptied by scratching out the runs on the flask’s side, thereby rending it into a non-magical but still expensive normal flask of ruby. Because the ruby itself would sell pretty good, I'm going to price it pretty steep on this one. One-thousand GP!"

Hysteria
11-24-10, 08:44 AM
Talen looked around the silent room. Apparently no one wanted the object, despite its usefullness.

"I'll buy it for 500 if you'll give me a 490 loan!" laughed the boy, "Or scrap that, I've got 10 gold."

Scrotus
11-24-10, 11:43 AM
The room became silent after the young man's low-balled bid. Archibald had kept his mouth shut, until now...

"Boy, did you really just try to swindle a swindler..." Archibald teased through a face spliting smile just before looking up to the auctioneer, "I'll offer two hundred gold pieces, in the form of four hundred Salvic crowns."

Archibald didn't much have a use for the item, but he figured that he'd one up the young boy, in hopes of getting his hands on just one enchanted item.

Silence Sei
12-08-10, 08:47 PM
((Ruby Flask comes back later then))

"Eh....I think not," Travis said, placing the item back in his pocket. There were too many shady characters to deal with to attempt something as expensive as the Ruby Flask. He quicklly traded the item in his hand for another one, and quickly showed everyone the knife. The titanium blade seemed to be guiding Travis' arm, jerking his hand back and forthm to and fro. Finally, the racer gripped the arm with his free hand to calm it.

"The Blade of Death. Beware it's power. It has a mind of it's own, and will not waste a moment to spill the blood of an innocent, so long as the sacrifice it requires be sated. What is this sacrifice, you ask? Blood, 2 quarts worth of blood. The user can either use their own life blood, or someone elses, but once the blade is satisfied, it will remain so for the eternity it has with it's wilder. IF it ever switches owners, however, the thirst begins anew."

"Also to know, if one sacrifices half of their blood, and half of anothers, they will forever be telepathically linked to one another for as long as the blade remains in their posessions. The Blade will also be able to locate it's 'parent' no matter where they are in the world." Travis smirked, darting his eyes around at the crowd.

He held the dagger, which had a glass like hilt to show how much blood had been sacrificed. There was a notch at the tipe of the silver blade, indicating some sort of vaccum magic at work. "I'll start at 500 GP!"

Jack Frost
12-08-10, 08:51 PM
Jack glance up at the blade and grinned. He raised a gloved hand and spoke in a smooth cold voice. "500 Gp for the blade!" he called out over the crowd. The blade could have its uses. It really could.

Lord Anglekos
12-08-10, 08:54 PM
One of the figures in the crowd drew back his hood, revealing a youthful face with piercing blue eyes. Black locks, like messy tentacles, framed the youth's visage as he stared at the titanium weapon in the auctioneer's hand. Of all the items that had been produced forth this day, it was only this one that had caught the swordsman's interest. He was somewhat of a collector of weapons, as his hand stroked the hair forming a tassel around his original steel blade. He could use a weapon so...tied to it's wielder. But there was something that troubled him about the blade, and he voiced it such above the heads of the crowd before he would bid.

"...A question, sir? The weapon has an enigmatic name, that is for sure. But the blade itself; how sentient are we talking? Absolutely such, or only semi?" Anglekos's voice cut through the air like the blades he wielded, as he stepped forth to present himself better. The blue eyes focused upon the blade itself, rather than it's temporary wielder, as he wanted to gauge it's reaction before judging. "After all, it seems rather....petite for such a pretentious title."

Silence Sei
12-08-10, 09:11 PM
At the words of Anglekos, the blade broke free of its grip, charging straight for Anglekos' heart. Luckily, a gauntlet was placed just in front of the man's chest to stop the day from becoming an absolute disaster. The user of this gauntlet was Travis himself, who had slipped the armor on while he was being dragged towards the knife's pray.

He clasped the knife with the gauntlet, and the weapon seemed to still its rage, at least for a moment. "Completely, until it's thirst is quenched. It's also very volatile and hates being called anything dreogitory, like 'petite' and 'pretentious'. The only thing that seems to calm the knife down in its bloodlust state is this gauntlet, though I'm not sure why. Legend tells of two lovers who were also warriors, one died in the midst of battle and it sent the other into a blood rage. He killed friend and foe alike until he found this gauntlet, spoke his own epitaph, and took his own life."

"I would have called it by its other name, but 'That knife that killed one hundred and one men' is just too damn long. Abnyways, buy the titanium blade, and I'll throw in the titanium gauntlet that soothes it absolutely free. Current highest bidder has 500."

Jack Frost
12-08-10, 09:33 PM
Jack raised his hand again, feeling ignored. "Um, I'll bid 550 gold on the blade?" He said again, unsure of whether or not he was ignored, or simply not heard.

Lord Anglekos
12-08-10, 10:03 PM
Eric glanced over at the man who was also bidding for the dagger and gauntlet. With silver hair, he didn't seem all that impressive; but the swordsman knew not to judge by appearances. He shrugged, and lifted one finger towards the auctioneer, his heart still racing from the previous attempt on his life. It was a dangerous dagger, indeed; but Eric was interested in it's power. Power that could change the course of a single battle in one stroke. It didn't hurt that the auctioneer was also throwing in an impressive looking gauntlet as well. Eric's voice cut through the air once more, slightly louder than before. "I bid six hundred for the blade." To emphasize his words, Eric drew from his side a pouch of gold he had recently acquired from selling his prevalida daggers just moments earlier. "And I'm willing to go much, much higher."

Letho
12-09-10, 01:16 AM
After listening to the exchange between the vendor and the interested buyers, it didn't take Letho much to come to a conclusion regarding the blade. It was a cursed object, with a potential to be downright vile if it got in the wrong hands, and these things always managed to get to someone who liked to kill men by the dozens. The blade wasn't something that should be used, not even stowed away, but melted down, it's sentience destroyed.

"Eight hundred!" It was a small price to pay for the safety of some poor soul that could wind up being sacrificed to satisfy the cursed blade.

Lord Anglekos
12-09-10, 01:45 AM
He could almost taste the power oozing from the dark blade in the auctioneer's hands. He could also taste the disdain the sentience within the weapon held for him; despite being calmed, it still held a grudge towards the young man whom had insulted it so casually. That suited Anglekos just fine; it was kindred to the dark rage Lorenor had infected him with. A door had been opened within the swordsman that day he'd struck a deal with the devil, and it couldn't be closed now; he'd gone too far, and sacrificed too much, to go back on his word now.

If he ever wanted to see Amalia again, his only bet was power. It didn't matter, truly, how he attained it; he was already tainted with the blood of innocents. It was only right that he should be the wielder of such a dark weapon, that demanded even more blood; he would do anything to see her again, alive and smiling.

It called to him, eager to feast upon his life-force, and he called silently back. This Blade of Death would be his.

A deep voice off to his right, however, broke Anglekos's thoughts, and the youth's clear, azure eyes snapped forth to the owner of the voice. A man stood there; familiar to the warrior. Very familiar. With widened eyes, Eric realized it was the very man that he had slain not a month ago, upon first coming to Radasanth to prove his might in the Citadel. He'd been greeted, instead, by a creature; a blood beast, that shapeshifted into the forms of several warriors.

The man standing before him had been the first, and Eric had put two arrows of lightning into the creature's head. Rage flowed through his veins, bidden forth by the fact that this man with graying hair and calm, piercing eyes would dare to try and take what was his. Reason fled as his hand went for the blade at his side, ready to draw forth Pardolaes and once more cut the stranger down. He'd done so once before, he convinced himself silently; he could do it again.

Before his fingers could wrap around the wire-covered hilt of the Elven blade, however, they briefly touched something far softer, and his glowing eyes darted down to find them entangled in the hair of Amalia, tied around the blade that was her namesake. Tied like a tassel to the hilt of the steel sword, he paused as the rage fled him as quickly as it had come, momentarily retreating as a sort of sad calm washed over him. Yes, he had slain this man before, but that had only been with the element of surprise; he'd forgotten the creature had also almost taken his head as well. Before the actual warrior standing there, Eric was an ant to a dragon. He would wait; the stranger had not bidden too high. He could still do this.

The hand dropped, now hidden beneath the folds of his cloak, and Eric took to simply staring at the older warrior who now was his competition. "Nine hundred." He spoke, only loud enough to be barely heard by the auctioneer and the old man before him.

Letho
12-09-10, 02:51 AM
Young folk... Always so hungry for more power.

Not that Letho blamed them. Back in the day when his hair wasn't gray and he didn't have more than his sword and the clothes on his back, he too coveted such items. It was a race with an invisible opponent, always trying to become better, faster, stronger, always looking for that edge that he could use against the belligerent world around him. It was a fool's errand of course, and one that blinded you to the most obvious things, but he didn't know it then just like this young man probably didn't know it now. Because that's what youth does. It makes you bold. Makes you foolish. And if you're not lucky, it makes you dead in a hurry.

"Let us make it an even thousand," Letho said, his eyes unrelenting under the young man's glare. There was audacity in that gaze, but it was the same kind of boldness that the Marshal saw countless times before. Young folk with illusions of grandeur usually had it when they rushed headlong into their death.

"You should let it go, boy," he said to his competitor for the blade. "This thing is bound to bring naught but woe."

Lord Anglekos
12-09-10, 12:09 PM
Still his opponent would not give. The price was rising, but it was nothing compared to the price of his soul; money could be regained. His life, however, could not. Eric met the other man's gaze with the sort of youthful fierceness that men his age were often associated with, defying the fact that the other buyer was far more experienced and knowledgeable than he. But the stranger was not him. He didn't know what Anglekos had to sacrifice to get where he was, didn't know just whom he'd made deals with just to bring back a flicker of hope.

"I raise it to one thousand, two hundred." He spoke to the auctioneer out of sight, whom was looking upon the pair with interest; after all, this relative kid was challenging the theoretical might of the great Letho Ravenheart, even though Eric knew nothing about him. It was still quite the spectacle, as the crowd had moved away from the almost tangible antagonism emanating from the swordsman's body, creating a clearing about the two warriors, old and young.

"Woe? Don't be a fool." Eric snarled slightly at Letho, the anger that he'd been infected with arising once again slightly to touch his vocal cords. "That is all a blade is for; to bring woe. To cut, to slice, to kill." Openly, he laid one hand upon the hilt of not his better mythril blade, but instead Amalia, wrapping the tassel of hair around his hand. "Anyone knows that well enough; I, you, even him!" Anglekos sharply extended one hand out to the crowd, unaware he'd pointed directly at the tall, silent form of Dan Lag'ratham, who was watching this exchange with his one gray eye and one blue eye with devious interest.

Dropping his hand, he stared furiously at the man who would so belittle his rush for power. He could see in those eyes a sort of pity, as if the stranger knew him, knew where he was going with this. The man knew nothing. "You're the one who should let it go, old-timer. Your time has come and gone; what are you going to do with the darkness within that blade? Would you be so noble and store it away into a place where no one can find it? Or would you seek to tame that power for your own?" Subtly, he shifted one foot backwards, his stance unconsciously one of a tense defensive.

"I am no fool. I know exactly what I am getting into." Eric glared slightly, and from his left eye smoke began to arise; blue, clear smoke that dissipated upon hitting the oxygen. "Do you?"

Letho
12-09-10, 01:52 PM
So headstrong and cocksure... reminds me of a lad I used to know.

The young man was making a show out of it, rising the price even further and adding a fair share of acid through his words. And the crowd was drinking it all up the way they always did, eager to sit on the sidelines while people exchanged words. Or punches. Didn't really matter as long as they were getting their money's worth. Now their eyes were on the aging swordsman, expectant of his response to this verbal challenge.

Back propped against the shanty wall, Letho's face was calm, unfazed. He was on the fence regarding this little affair, trying to decide between giving the lad a clout behind the ear, continue with this ultimately meaningless bidding, or just shrug it all off and walk away. But Letho Ravenheart was too old for pointless fights and too proud to bow down.

"Blades are tools; they choose not what they bring into this world. But this one has something vile sleeping inside of it. And I plan to destroy it," the Marshal calmly spoke, still unmoving. The staring contest between him and the fiery young man continued, Letho unsure whether it was anger on the other side or just youthful sulking. In the end it didn't matter.

"I almost like you, kid. You got steel in you. But this thing is bad news and frankly I do not trust you to wield it." And to the auctioneer he said: "One thousand, four hundred."

Slayer of the Rot
12-09-10, 04:37 PM
"Good god. Are you serious? You're going to drop all that gold down on the thing and then just destroy it?! And here I thought you could appreciate a good weapon like I can." Dan was unable to keep silent anymore, and walked into the widening gap between the young swordsman and the marshall, wiping blood off his cheek. He had been a little surprised at the accuracy of the kid's claims, as well as when he'd point him out amongst all of the others in the Auction House. Letho, however, was right as well - this blade was special, not a mere tool, but to simply destroy it made Dan sick to his stomach with the mere thought. Destroying it alone could be reckless as it was - it didn't take much research to know Letho wasn't some cleric capable of exorcisms. Melting or breaking the thing could just release the spirit of vengeance inside of it into the world, creating worst problems than a blade that wanted to stab the shit out of everyone in the surrounding mile radius.

"You can't possibly be that arrogant to think that you can just...destroy something like that. What the blade needs is a master with some balls. Someone with enough strength to dominate the bastard." He grinned widely at the marshall, a bit of wonder growing inside of his mind. 'Is this what it looks like when humans age?' It had been some time since the frenzied melee on the ziggurate trapped in black nothing. Perhaps it was because he did not age, something of a disinterest or apathy. He didn't remember the man's hair being so gray. Nor he could he recall those lines beneath the dark brown eyes...even if Letho tried to tame the blade instead of destroying it, Dan didn't think he had the virility to wrestle such a stubborn thing into submission anymore.

"Don't worry Letho, ol' Sei Orlouge made me join the Pussycat Dolls - er, Ixian Knights. I just kill the bad guys now. Scout's honor, sugarbritches." Dan turned his head towards Travis just as his sliced eyelid sowed itself shut shut. He sighed happily, and blinked, then threw an arm up.

"Fifteen hundred. Hmm..." He looked down at the boy who'd been bidding against Letho, and cocked his head slightly to the side. "You know...I'm feeling downright jolly since I won this eye. It's just beautiful. So...feeling as generous as I am...maybe we can work something out. What's your name, kid?"

Lord Anglekos
12-09-10, 07:58 PM
Anger still flowed within the swordsman's veins; especially now that he'd been out-bid so easily. But even he had to play by the rules of the game, and this battle couldn't be won by blade or other steel. So he let his hand drop from the hilt of his sword, and prepared to turn, when a new voice entered the fray, causing him to give pause.

He turned, and saw yet another familiar face; a warrior that the beast of blood had also turned into. With one eye blue and another eye gray, the scarred warrior before him towered, imposing, over the youth.

"...Anglekos." Eric spoke sharply to the stranger; for this man claimed to be part of the Ixian Knights, but who knew these days. "Yours?"

Letho
12-10-10, 05:30 AM
"Dan Lagh'ratham" Letho said, allowing a smirk. He wasn't overly familiar with the ill-reputed man, but they had met once in the Citadel and it was a battle that the swordsman could seldom forget. How could he when Dan gave him one of the worst beatings in his life? He was weakened then, sure, but that didn't change the fact that he shot and cut the man (if he even was a man), and still he refused to give in. If he pushed aside this monstrous side of Dan he had met, he could almost respect him.

"So, these Ixian Knights put you right back on the straight and narrow, aye? Just like that?" the Marshal said, unconvinced. Letho heard of these self-proclaimed knights, and even met their leader once. And the fact was that they were not exactly honorable men and certainly not knights, but renegades, operating outside the law and causing as many fires as they extinguish. "In all honesty, I would trust them with this blade no more than I would trust you. It is a risk I do not want to take. So let us stop playing around."

And to the man up front he raised two fingers and said: "Two thousand."

Lord Anglekos
12-11-10, 12:09 PM
The young swordsman glanced over at his 'opponent', blue eyes narrowing in slight disbelief. It was obvious that the old-timer and this "Dan Lag'ratham" knew each; if not under the best of circumstances, they at least did so well enough to sling insults with little care. When "Letho" spoke of his distrust of the Ixian Knights, Eric was honestly unsurprised, and found that he could not blame the warrior, for in fact his very own team was led by a demon of all things; a bloodthirsty monster in all respects. Thus, he did not take offense at the older man's comments of his group, but merely held his tongue in silence while the other rose the bid even higher.

Two thousand, for a knife and a gauntlet. Honestly, it was getting a little ridiculous; even for an enchanted item of great worth such as that dagger, to drop that amount of cash on it was astounding. Still, the dark weapon called to Eric's soul, promising power; power that would allow him to see his Amalia again. He could not let this chance slip away to the hands of a self-proclaimed do-gooder like this Letho.

Once again, Eric glanced up at the other stranger whom stepped up to the plate; the one that Letho had so graciously labeled as "Dan Lag'ratham". It was a long and elegant name, and he briefly thought that it had origins the same as his own. For a few silent moments, Eric studied the man, including what he'd already seen.

When this "Dan" had entered the Bazaar to bid, he'd nearly caused a mass panic. People shuddered at the sight of him, and only his words had caused the guards to stand down. So obviously he was a man of dark reputation. And indeed, furthermore, Anglekos had seen the man rip his own eye out; a bloody act that had startled, Eric thought, even the auctioneer with the sheer uninhibited ferocity of it. Calmly the tall stranger had placed the item he had bought within the eye socket, and now grinned with one glowing blue eye and one clear gray one at the youthful swordsman beneath him.

If this man was a benefactor, Eric thought to himself, he was a dangerous one. But then again, he was used to such dangers, as part of his soul now was owned by the creature Lorenor. So, turning away, he took the initiative once more, without thinking to consult his new....'ally'.

"Two thousand, seven hundred." Eric called out confidently and calmly, sheathing his anger away the same as he would a blade. "A combined bid between myself and this Lag'ratham fellow." Turning his head slightly, the swordsman now spoke to his newfound comrade. "Is that fine with you?"

Letho
12-11-10, 01:21 PM
Only in the world of today do people pay to get their souls doomed. It was a sinister thought, but one that rang true nonetheless. Dark powers were like a magnet, tugging on a person until he or she finally gave in. This Angelkos lad probably wasn't a bad apple (something that Letho couldn't say for Dan), and he probably didn't plan to go on butchering folk just for the fun of it. But chances were that he would end up doing just that with this blade in his hands. And like any good pusher, Dan was that to enable that possibility.

Letho shook his head, both to announce that he would bid no more for this item and to express... was it disappointment? Didn't really matter. He didn't have enough coin on his person to pursue this any further, and if he went home for the rest of his stash, the blade would be long gone. And was there someone to offer to pitch in on his side of the fence? Of course not. Because that's how the world worked. People would rather watch a bad thing happen than move a finger to prevent it. It was an uphill battle against an avalanche that Letho faced every bloody day.

"I reckon it is foolish to hope that you two will split the blade down the middle after the auction?" Letho said, finally pushing away from the wall. His face betrayed the smallest of smirks, barely a crack in his face in the midst of his facial hair. "Figured as much. Well, I wish you luck with it, kid, and I do mean that. Because if that thing turns you, we shall meet again."

Not waiting for a response, he shouldered his way through the gathered spectators and disappeared into the crowd.

Silence Sei
12-21-10, 07:39 AM
"Sold to the duo for twenty-seven hundred GP!" Travis tossed the pair of items to the two with mirth, his assistants going to collect the money.

"Next item up for bid is..." Travis reached into his seemingly infinite pocket once more, withdrawing a blindfold of sorts. It was a crimson read, and semed to be made of such thick material (Vlince) that one couldn't see through the cloth.

"This is 'Asura's Eyes'. Simple enough, you strap this blindfold on, and rather than see people, you can see their life force. Now, you may ask for a definitive answer of life force, and I'll be happy to give it. You can see where magical abilities are welling up on your opponent, in case they attempt a sneak attack. You can view areas that bloods not getting through to as thoroughly, pinpointing weak spots, and once every twenty four hours, one can send out a 'pulse' of sorts that gives a general surrounding of the area, pointing out at secret doorways, hidden enemy ambushes, or anything else. Lets start the bidding at 500 GP!"

((Because Anglekos did not have enough to effectively split the price of the items down the middle, he is being completely drained while Slayer is having to pay a bit more, 1455 to be exact))

Ailnea
12-21-10, 08:58 AM
"600." Ailnea offered, the young monk standing front and center, next to a remarkably elderly gentleman.

"To see as I see, may you be blessed with victory." the old man said, hinting at the fact that he already had abilities similar too, if not better than, Asura's eyes.