PDA

View Full Version : We Need Your Help!

Atzar
07-21-10, 12:09 AM
Hey guys.

As we all know, a forum is at its best when it's active. Althanas is no exception. Therefore, I'd like to request that everybody vote for Althanas here. (http://www.rpggateway.com/cgi-bin/wyrm/rate.cgi?ID=507) Simply click the link, give Althanas a '5', and submit. It's as easy as that.

Every vote counts! We're allowed to vote once a day, so bookmark that link and make it a part of your daily routine. As our votes accumulate, Althanas will rise higher in the rankings and more prospective members will give us a look. So let's do our best to get our name out there.

Thanks!

Cyrus the virus
07-21-10, 03:17 PM
Classic. This shit is more old school than anything. Voting begins!

Atzar
07-29-10, 03:22 PM
Shameless bump.

Also, a question for the newer players on the forum - how did you find about Althanas?

Jalim Mandren
07-29-10, 03:29 PM
Tournament of Champions.

Jack Frost
07-29-10, 03:35 PM
Facebook friend

SirArtemis
07-29-10, 03:38 PM
azza. ps keep voting every day! sometimes i think you can vote more than once per 24 hours but i dunno.

Knave
07-29-10, 04:07 PM
A guy mentioned it when he came to join a tournament. I never saw him again @_@; figured you guys ate him.

Taskmienster
07-29-10, 04:17 PM
We do tend to eat people at times. So that's a reasonable assumption...

Jalim :: Were you part of the ToC?

Jack :: Thank you friend for us. :p

Jalim Mandren
07-29-10, 04:33 PM
Nah, I wasn't. But I did keep a loose watch on it when it was happening.

Amaya
07-29-10, 04:33 PM
google, its one of the first ones which came up XD (was tryin to find an RP site which wasn't dead, like the other one i belong to is atm)

Taskmienster
07-29-10, 05:10 PM
Jalim :: Lol, surprised you came after all that. It was messy and I thought it had hurt us more than helped. Glad it did interest you though. During that time, did you check out the rest of the site and enjoy it, and that's what made you want to join?

Amaya :: I looked for Althanas on google once, when I was just seeing what would come up. I didn't find it, but I also have a short attention span for that sort of thing. Haha. Out of curiosity, what did you type in to bring up Althanas on google? I tend to look for "play by post roleplaying" but never really find it, or overlooked it... who knows.

orphans
07-29-10, 05:14 PM
you know... it's funny, I don't remember how I found Althanas. I think someone introduced me but I can't for the life of me remember if that was reality or my mind just making it up.

Jalim Mandren
07-29-10, 05:18 PM
It certainly did seem to be a mess, but I didn't pay much attention like I said. I did take a look around the site and was quite impressed. But, at the time, I already had a roleplay site and was heavily involved so had no time for another. I'm sure you know how it is, haha.

It was when the quality of roleplay at my old site (I'll not mention names) dropped significantly and the staff didn't care, but instead called down anyone who commented on it (a massive MySpace advertising campaign didn't help, of course), I knew that I needed to find somewhere else.

I was reminded of this place, because I remember the great quality of writing across the site as a whole. Then, when I took another look a couple of weeks back and realised that "Hey, wait a minute... Good writing is REWARDED here? Without needing to kiss arse?" I knew I had to get involved.

</boring but short history>

Taskmienster
07-29-10, 05:30 PM
Kissing arse is still appreciated... :p

But yeah, it's definitely about being fairly spread across the entire site and to alleviate any way for what happened to your old site.

I'm generally asking all these questions, to everyone I can, just so I can get a general feel for why people come to the site. It'd be easier to look into future advertising or affiliations that way. :D

Amaya
07-29-10, 05:36 PM
I think i put something like 'role play writing' cos i was trying to avoid all the games XD

Atzar
07-29-10, 05:37 PM
I think i put something like 'role play writing' cos i was trying to avoid all the games XD

Indeed - comes up 9th on Google when you put that phrase in, just checked.

Jack Frost
07-29-10, 05:38 PM
This site has some flaws, mostly due to a set world locked in mid-evil times. But eventually all noobs who join here either quit or are converted into non-noobocracy making the site of ridiculously higher quality, which is the reason I like this site more than past threads.

orphans
07-29-10, 05:38 PM
azza. ps keep voting every day! sometimes i think you can vote more than once per 24 hours but i dunno.

Well, not exactly. You can vote once per day, but if you vote like 2 hours before the day changes, you can vote again. But then you'll have to wait till it resets again.

Dx and you could have just told me on aim you doof.

Taskmienster
07-29-10, 05:55 PM
This site has some flaws, mostly due to a set world locked in mid-evil times.

Actually... on that note... we're more set in a pre-renaissance setting. Alerar has gunpowder tech, flintlock/matchlock weapons.

Jack Frost
07-29-10, 06:07 PM
My bad.

Atzar
07-29-10, 06:08 PM
Well, not exactly. You can vote once per day, but if you vote like 2 hours before the day changes, you can vote again. But then you'll have to wait till it resets again.

Dx and you could have just told me on aim you doof.

I could be wrong, but I thought he was saying that he found out about the site from you.

Taskmienster
07-29-10, 06:10 PM
No worries. Just making sure that it was known. Of course, when we update info and all that it will obviously be much easier to know little details like that.

Jalim Mandren
07-29-10, 06:10 PM
This site has some flaws, mostly due to a set world locked in mid-evil times. But eventually all noobs who join here either quit or are converted into non-noobocracy making the site of ridiculously higher quality, which is the reason I like this site more than past threads.

The persistent-world element of Althanas is one its strengths actually. What it enables is for people who might not have the ability to create their own in-depth RP worlds to not have to worry about that and be able to start RPing almost straight away.

For other people who like and are proficient at that sort of thing, the site offers enough flexibility (from what I've seen) for people to use their creative flair.

Without the persistent-world aspect, the levelling system wouldn't really be suitable, which is one of the unique things about Althanas - it's basically a text-based MMORPG. But, with various worlds and/or setting created by a multitude of people, levels wouldn't mean anything.

SirArtemis
07-29-10, 06:18 PM
besides, with magic, anything is possible. who gives a poo what era it is? its not real-life based era. you could be in medieval times with a magic nuke attack.

orphans
07-29-10, 06:27 PM
besides, with magic, anything is possible. who gives a poo what era it is? its not real-life based era. you could be in medieval times with a magic nuke attack.

true story with that necromata-whatchamacallit thing that hit the church in Knife's Edge >_> or something... or other.

I could be wrong, but I thought he was saying that he found out about the site from you.

Oh... WELL... I feel more silly than usual now. :D

Atzar
08-05-10, 12:08 AM
Hey guys.

I'm bumping this up again to remind everybody to vote once a day. Every vote puts us closer to the top of the rankings!

Atzar
08-06-10, 11:21 PM
Well done, guys - we have cracked the top 50!

Letho
08-07-10, 05:31 AM
Who wrote that description of the site? I think we could possibly do with a better one. Currently, it states:
Althanas is a realm like no other, where your imagination is the only real limitation. Main setting is standard Fantasy, though any genre is welcome. Come check us out, and enjoy the comraderie of a faithful community!Kind of bland and uninviting, don't you think?

Izvilvin
08-08-10, 02:04 AM
I was thinking the same thing, yeah. If we could accentuate the things Althanas is supposedly liked for: writing quality, an exp system, and feedback from judges, it could help.

Wolfman 20
08-08-10, 03:37 AM
Ha, I do owe google a favor for giving me this site. I've been on and off this site for at least 2 years now and god knows how many characters I've been through. I can think of off the top of my head at least a good maybe at least 5.

O_O that is a lot for 2 years.

Atzar
08-24-10, 12:54 AM
We're still making steady progress. We're ranked #45 right now, and the next few ranks are easily within reach.

Keep clicking every day!

SirArtemis
09-30-10, 02:18 AM
Bump.