PDA

View Full Version : Kai vs the Bard

Kai
08-01-06, 02:41 PM
((I wonder what crack fumes were drifting through my room … Ehh closed to The Bard))

The citadel, nothing more had to be said about such a legendary place. From its towering walls, to the ingenious idea behind it, to fight challengers in any arena limited only by the imagination of its opponents. How many times had there been battles here, how many times had blood been spilt, and how rich could those that run the citadel be if they charged each of the battles. No doubt the numbers involved would be too high for a normal person to even accurately count.

Today was no exception; one of the many rooms would be used to re-create a place from his memory, he had made a deal so that during the first half, the arena would be what it used to mean for him, then after a certain time has passed, it would change into what it is at this very moment. This was not impossible for those within the citadel; the only challenge was extracting the most accurate image they could get from the memory. Usually when someone comes to the citadel the request to battle in a generic arena, but Kai, the one who would be issuing the challenge, felt like he needed a painful reminder of what his home had turned in to, and a reminder of what it was.

The arena was ready, the figure of kai appeared in a flash of light, it was like he had always been there, feeling the gentle breeze, the humid weather of the island chain, he smirked at how accurate it was. He turned around to view there future arena, interested that he was looking at thing he once thought forgotten, it was once a holy temple, although the term holy, is debatable.

This temple was once used for sacrifices for there god, and after some time this ritual was outlawed by those believing that the ritual was idiotic and that they would eventually kill off there own kind should it continue, it had been turned into a simple place listing the history of there race through a long corridor locked off behind an iron door. The arena itself was all kai needed to impress the challenger, at first glance anyway. The ceiling was at least 30 foot tall, in the four corners of the main room were four giant statues, each holding out a stone sword where all four met in the centre holding a jewel of some kind in place.

The walls changed between a beautiful snow white, to a water like blue marble, the same material could be found upon the blade of his own daughter. The large open floor seemed to have been made so that a compass lay directly under the jewel held by the four swords, the water theme wasn’t yet done, and there was at least a centimetre of water all across the floor, including the two rooms that branched off from the centre. In one room was a statue of there own god “Eos” a long snake like body yet with four large angelic wings and the mane of a lion. The other room showed three of the most legendary rulers the entire silvet civilisation ever had.

“I wish Falcy could see this … too bad he doesn’t know I have returned yet, “

Kaiser Nightwind, at first glance one would think of him as just a young kid, a stupid kid who rushes into things, arrogant and sarcastic about the world around him and generally uncaring if he gets others into trouble. All untrue, he instead was old, almost becoming wise, he had been in wars, a few of them in his life time, he had even settled down for a few years to raise a child of his own blood. Why had he returned to this life, why had he banished his old sword, to instead fight using his own body?

He could simply say that he felt like it, but such a shallow answer could never describe how he thinks, a deepness that no one would realise he had, a potential he had always had, and had only been seen in his own daughter. Soul searching was just one step up from brooding, so it was not one of his favourite things to do. Maybe it was he recent pilgrimage back to his old home, the one he thought was destroyed, the time he spent there, amongst the crazy nuts that were once his race, it ashamed him, all to the point he had his hair colour and eyes changed.

Whatever, this was all too simply prove a point to himself, that he can take on any opponent with his body alone, to fight in a way that would prevent as many deaths as possible, but this wasn’t going to be easy, now doubt his opponent would have a weapon, they all did.

“… I wonder if I could develop that …”