PDA

View Full Version : A Rather Silly Quest Recruitment

Izvilvin
07-31-10, 07:23 AM
This (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=1282&highlight=gilette+sensor+excel) is a thread I and some others wrote a long time ago. Essentially, Izvilvin and the others go to a golden city called Gilette Sensor Excel, ruled by a guy named "Rappa" who is based on a popular stereotype.

The basic thought is that the thread is really silly. I would like to do another silly thread, involving strange characters, creatures that have no business on Althanas, breaking the fourth wall, and anything else we can think of. You can make up anything on the fly, really.

These threads are generally non-canon in my overall storylines, they're just a fun diversion.

Sooo if anyone is interested in doing something similar to this, I'm looking to start up a thread in the next few days. I have a lot of ideas and am not sure which one to go with. We may go to a city where everyone is perpetually in heat, and we need to resolve the crisis... or just enjoy. Who knows!

Jalim Mandren
07-31-10, 07:43 AM
Sounds like a blast. You can count me in.

Izvilvin
07-31-10, 07:50 AM
Word the up. Maybe another person or two and we'll be set!

uttam123
07-31-10, 08:02 AM
ill be happy to join just make sure the city is taller then 10 foot lol

Xos
07-31-10, 08:09 AM
I'm up for silly. I was planning on having Xos get high off the pure distilled essence of Chaos, thus transporting him to the land of Chaos, where all sorts of silly and strange things happen. Things right along the lines of what you said.

Izvilvin
07-31-10, 08:12 AM
Okay, cool. Xos is in. uttam, I didn't appreciate your experiment with your recruitment thread, so it's just going to be Xos, Jalim and I.

I'll go throw up a thread for now and we can get started!

If anyone else wants to do a thread like this, though, let me know.

uttam123
07-31-10, 08:23 AM
hmm ok ill wait till it dies down but np hope ull accept sometime lol

Izvilvin
07-31-10, 08:31 AM
Here! (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?p=169540#post169540)

This will be very odd.

I'm thinking of making the city governor a guy who is constantly making unremarkable observations and trying to make them significant to the story. Sound good or no?

Xos
07-31-10, 10:16 AM
Cool, I'll get a post up after I get up later.
EDIT: Alright, I lied, but unintentionally. I'll have one up in the morning.

I'm thinking of having Xos break the fourth wall all the way through. Good, or no?

Izvilvin
08-01-10, 01:25 AM
Definitely good.

Izvilvin
08-03-10, 12:09 AM
Nice pace so far :D

Jalim Mandren
08-03-10, 01:21 AM
I'll have a post up later today - I owe a couple of posts and need to finish editing my solo quest. So once I've finished with that, I'll have something up.

But yes, I agree, a nice pace so far.

Izvilvin
08-06-10, 10:45 PM
Let's keep this going!