PDA

View Full Version : I would love some advice.

The Guile Family
08-26-10, 08:48 PM
I'm relatively new, and I want to get a good score on my opening thread. I will give you a link at the bottom of this thread and want you to post a score from the scale I will provide.
0. This made have a nightmare.
1. Uttam could do better.
2. Terrible.
3. Poor.
4. Bad.
5. I am a robot and I have no good or bad feelings about this.
6. Ok.
7. Decent.
8. I liked this.
9. Very good.
10. Exceptional.
Feel free to make any comments good or bad, just give me something to improve on.
Heres the URL
http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?p=171920#post171920

The International
08-29-10, 12:40 PM
Oh man! It looks like we've got another family in Althanas. I say you, me, and Saxon come together and create the Althanas version of Family Reunion. Anyways I like what you've done so far, but I have to ask if you intend on making the entire thread a backstory about how the parents disappeared, or if the first few posts are a flashback.

If the entire thread's a backstory keep going on with what you're doing.

If this is just a flashback I would strongly encourage that you get to the main story of the thread as quickly as you can. While reading the completed quests around here I've observed that flashbacks can effect your score for Pacing in a very significant way. If a player spends too much time on flashbacks they could destroy the Pacing score, but if the player uses the flashback to enhance the current storyline it could enhance the Pacing score.

The Guile Family
08-29-10, 02:04 PM
Mostly this thread will consist of back story and introducing the characters. It will also give a lot of perspective on all four Guiles. You'll get to see deep inside their minds. You'll get to see how Drana feels about most people who aren't constantly in her life. You'll get to see Venn and his silent criticism of the world. You will get to see Lucien struggle with his conscience and Lucia struggle with humanity. So it'll be pretty interesting.

The International
08-29-10, 02:08 PM
Can I ask why the dream at the beginning of the thread had skyscrapers in it? By the way I like how you have this family doing every day activities. As a writing exercise I often write vignettes of the Villeneuves cooking or preparing the ship for sail.

The Guile Family
08-29-10, 02:45 PM
Well that was his mind state. Each one of them has one, and it is based on a lot of things going on with them. Lucien is confused, his mind is in chaos. So I decided to pick a huge modern city infested with zombies. It's just the way his mind works. Venn's is a giant void filled with doors, those two will be the most commonly used. The plan is to make them seem very normal. In fact they are so normal their later activities will not be pinned on them due to their absolute normality.