PDA

View Full Version : Love and Theft

Daggertail
08-03-06, 03:54 PM
(closed)

Eris moved quickly though the Radasanth crowd, she dodged through the people with ease not caring to slow down. She had a purpose today and couldn’t stop for anything. It was probably the first purpose she had since getting washed ashore in this strange bright land.

“Stop thief!”

That purpose was to get away from the guards. The little demoness picked up the pace as she took a more forceful run, shoving through the crowd and raising a yell, as her tail would accidentally cut some one. “Sorry” Eris whispered with a smile, not really sorry since to her it was cuttee’s fault for being in the way of a fleeing demon thief.

Thankfully the half imp made it clear, some place to hide that wouldn’t scream at her. The merchants watched their carts like hawks and pointed Eris out in a sparrow’s heartbeat.

But here she could hide, Eris jumped on a crate and climbed onto another to where she could reach one of the lower rooftops and climb up. This particular roof held some barrels that Eris could easily hide her body in; she was a little smaller than a human woman, which seemed to provide ample cover in the world. The guards ran on by and looked in the usual places but not doing a thorough check, they got the item they wanted.

~^~^

“Being broke sucks!” Eris complained as she washed her face in the fountain since no one was hanging about at this time of day. “We need money and I can’t get anything from these misers.” The demon girl pirate placed a hand on her belly; it was growling for food, she wasn’t able to eat as much as she wanted. “Why did my ship have to sink?” Eris whined while flitting her dangerous tail back and forth.

“If captain would stop whining and steal something, we’d have more to eat than just rats.”

“I’ve been trying, but I keep getting caught and have to run away. I keep dropping everything too. How can my luck get any worse?”

“They could lock captain up.”

Eris nodded and ate her rat, lucky she was a demon and could easily digest the thing with a little cooking and her red hair would lose none of its sparkle. But still rats were not that pleasant to the tongue.

“Captain, I know a place that’s rich. If we can get in and get some valuables we could eat good food for years.” Eris looked up with a sparkle in her ruby eyes.

*~*

It was a house with one door and two guards. One door, are they nuts that makes it hard to get in and the windows were a little too far up for Eris to be comfortable, climbing up there would make her an easy target for bow and arrow and fighting the door guards would just bring more. Kozo’s idea was good for a big blue demon but he had no plan.

“We need a distraction.” Eris said with a grin, someone to get the brutes away while she worked on getting in the door. Kozo would work but she needed him for carrying the gold out. She needed as much coin from this one job as she could get. Eris hated playing a burglar but she couldn’t be a pirate without a ship could she.