PDA

View Full Version : A phantom in the ruins.

Jack Frost
09-04-10, 05:53 PM
How long have I wandered?
How long will I continue?
What is my purpose?
When will I find it?
I am a phantom, lost to time.

Accessing file on..... [Date] {Twelfth lunar month, 121 day, 300th year of cataclysm.}
The world of Althanas has changed greatly. Long ago men and women went around cloaked in armor wielding swords and magic to do great and terrible deeds. That time period was known simply as the prologue. Soon people began to focus less on adventures, and more on science. This soon became the golden age of Althanas. During this age Althanas advanced quickly and developed planes, cars, sky scrapers, cell phones. Soon Althanians found themselves colonizing space.

Bit knowledge comes at a price. The more they advanced technology, the less common people who used magic became, religions died along with magic. Soon Althanas became a world of technology. To help usher it into this age were two people. They were Esmeralda, a battle mech, and Chroma, a human based robot who could feel emotions. Then soon there was nowhere left to advance to, except conquering death.

Little did anyone know how disastrous this would be. The serum that would cause immortality turned volatile, and mutated into a virus. This virus soon was found to attack the brain, causing sections like the frontal lobe to shrink, while other parts that focused on survival skills were enlarged. Soon Althanas was flooded with creatures who resembled corpses, and hungered for the flesh of the living. Life continued everywhere else, but the planet of Althanas became a zombie infested wasteland. Now only one wanders there, a mighty phantom who avoids there detection.
[File closed]

Ghost grimaced as he lifted the visor of his helmet up. His pale amber eyes scanned the surrounding landscape. Large buildings towered over him, piercing into the heavens. All around him walking corpses, dubbed zombies, staggered around. They constantly moaned, looking for food, Ghost's flesh. Of course they would never find him. He was the great phantom, the one they could never detect, one they mistook for their own. This was due to a rare genetic defect in his body. He did not give off certain signals zombies used to detect humans or other life forms.

This knowledge did not put him at ease. There were some who could see him, these were known as seekers. The seekers had the same amber eyes he did, and could alert others to his presence. This was due to the fact that they could actually see, versus the zombie who maneuvered using a sonar based system.

He lowered his visor, and crouched low. His uniform was an altered version of special ops in the galactic Z combat armies. His helmet was a sleek, tightly encasing pseudo orichalkum frame with a hardened orange tinted visor. His suit was specially modified liquid silver that was meant to be self repairing, and incredibly durable. This took the shoe of a black leather looking body suit that encased every inch of skin.. He wore standard issue boots made of lunar dragon skin. Inside the sole of the boots were two jet boosters per boot. These could be used to hover over crowds, and short periods of flight. Strapped to his back was a sub automatic plasma gun, capable of burning his way through buildings and walls if needed.

He heard a sound he dreaded most, the yapping of his least favorite type of Zombie. These were referred to as Mutts, and were zombified werewolves. These creatures were always searchers. They had picked up his scent and he was in deep trouble

Jack Frost
09-04-10, 10:07 PM
Ghost swore and broke into a dead sprint, shoving aside several zombies. They stumbled and fell to the ground, confused at what had caused them to fall. He quickly lifted his gun from his back and turned to back pedal, facing the mutts. The brown furred atrocities yapped ferociously, easily clearing a set of dumpsters. They howled, and soon every zombie in the horde was aware of him.

"SHIT!" he roared, clicking his heels together. The boosters ignited, sending him twenty feet in the air and then hovered at that height. He leaned backwards and let it propel him backwards towards a nice roof he could hide on. Unfortunately the mutts had other plans. They howled and leaped, scratching at his feet. He began to panic; Mutts were notorious for their sharp teeth and incredible hind legs. Soon they would be properly warmed up, and able to jump high enough to bite him. If that happened it would be all over. One had the fortune/misfortune to stick a nail in one of his boosters, frying its hand off. It also disabled the booster, sending Ghost flying out of control.

He landed with a thud fifty feet away in a dumpster. It had been 20 years since it was last emptied, it wasn't a pleasant experience. It stank of rotted fruit and vegetables, and was also littered with the occasional bone. The smell made him want to gag, and he inputted a command to have helmet purify the air inside of it. Ghost turned and looked at the oncoming mutts. This was it, he was going to die. Then a large car flew at them, rushing half the mutts, and scaring the rest. "Malo perro! Malo perro!" he heard a large gravely voice bellow. He turned to see a large figure, obviously a zombie, walk towards him.

Ghost began to freak out. "Out of the frying pan and into the fire" he mumbled to himself. The large zombie stared at Ghost, "Hola me llamo grande” Ghost stared at it. "Your name is big?" he asked incredulously. "Si?" The zombie said plainly. "And your a Zombie?" he asked. "Si" the zombie replied again. "And you speak Spanish?" he asked even more confused. Spanish was a rare language, spoken by strange people who dressed funny and claimed to be from a realm called earth. It was a shame none were evacuated when Althanas fell. "Si" the zombie said again “Yet your not tearing me limb from limb and eating my guts?" he asked making several clawing motions.

The whole conversation felt clunky, and awkward. Of course that was because his visor was translating for him, making a lag between what he said and what he understood. Given a few minute it would get to the point where the translation was instantaneous.

"Si" the zombie replied drawing Ghost away from his thoughts. "Well then" Ghost said hopping out of the dumpsters. "Why did you save me?" he asked wiping the decayed garbage from his suit. The smell was revolting. He looked up and examined Big. He was about seven foot tall, possibly half giant, with long black hair that was caked with dirt. He was very muscular, and his skin was surprisingly still firm on his body. Then ghost saw his eyes, the same amber as his own. "Your a seeker..." he said slowly.

"Si." the zombie replied again. Ghost shrugged. Then realized the Zombie had yet to answer why he had saved Ghost. "I guess I'll be going." he said slowly walking away.. Big turned and followed after him. Ghost stopped and turned to the giant. "Your going to follow me aren't you." he said sounding annoyed. "Si" the giant replied. Then command called. Ghost would have one hell of a story to tell his boss.