PDA

View Full Version : The Order of the Golden Dawn

Zook Murnig
10-06-10, 11:04 PM
The Order of the Golden Dawn

Description: The Golden Dawn exists half in light, half in darkness. In order for the light to rise, it must first go through darkness. Such is the way of the world.

The Order of the Golden Dawn, affectionately known to its members as Stella Matutina, seeks the dark mysteries of Althanas' past. This is not out of any bid for power or destruction, but for the protection of the present and future of Althanas.

Membership: Stella Matutina is led by consensus of a council of four founders. Members are initiated into the Order either off-screen with a 50-100 gold donation, or on-screen in an Order sponsored acquisition/investigation quest.

Current Roster
Caduceus Grimaldi (Zook Murnig) - Council

Ceidon Loré (Ceidon) - Council

Skie dan Sabriel (Skie and Avery) - Council

Einar Fenrisson (Taskmienster) - Council

Sylvan (Melancor)

Jennifer Oakley

Atzar Kellon

Rules: Stella Matutina is a very secretive organization. The things they study are of such a nature that they should not be exposed lightly. Even the name Stella Matutina is a secret, though the Order's existence is not. Any member who utters the name Stella Matutina in the presence of an uninitiated will suffer expulsion from the Order. Similarly, members who divulge secrets of the Golden Dawn will be brought before the council for their fate to be decided. If it is determined that they had just cause for the divulgence, they will be found innocent, with a warning. However, if it is determined that they released Golden Dawn information without good or sufficient reason, they will be found guilty and expelled.

Expulsion from the Order of the Golden Dawn is not simply being disassociated with the organization. Those who are expelled remain so permanently, and will have their memories adjusted such that they have no recollection of anything to do with the Order or its secrets. This is done through a powerful enchantment cast upon each hopeful member at initiation. It is accepted by them willingly, or they will not be initiated.

The initiated are encouraged to have other interests and to pursue them, so there is no rule against being in other power groups if you are a member of this one. However, should they come upon a situation where they must decide between revealing the secrets of Stella Matutina, and failing their mission, they are expected to choose according to the Order's interests.

Skie and Avery
10-06-10, 11:05 PM
Please to make me a Council.

Taskmienster
10-06-10, 11:05 PM
I'll take the other council position as well.

Zook Murnig
10-06-10, 11:07 PM
Any other takers?

Melancor
10-06-10, 11:19 PM
This sounds interesting. I'd like to thrown in my hat as well.

Jennifer Oakley
10-07-10, 05:00 AM
I wish too to walk in the dawn.

Zook Murnig
10-07-10, 03:03 PM
Welcome to Jennifer Oakley, Melancor, Task, and Skie. As the first two applicants, Task and Skie have been granted council seats. Further applicants are still welcome.

Melancor, we can work our current thread together as an Order recruitment if you like. Oakley, IM or PM either me or Ceidon about your recruitment via thread, or post here if you would rather make a donation to the Order's coffers and join off screen.

As some will remember from the old Order threads, this PG is quest-oriented, and those quests are often in search of secrets in the form of treasures. However, there are some rare monsters that may be tamed, or dissected for unusual components. Further, some individuals (NPCs) may be sought out on behalf of the Order, whether for their power, which must be kept under control, or for knowledge they possess, which must not fall into wrongful hands. Whatever you do, hold the tenets of Stella Matutina close, and protect that which could, in the wrong hands, devastate Althanas as we know it.

Atzar
10-07-10, 04:30 PM
I'm in, if you want me. Zook, I'll hit you up about this tonight if you're on.

Ceidon
10-07-10, 08:38 PM
I've got some great ideas for quests, Mr. Kellon and Ms. Oakley.

Let me know what's up.

Vigil
10-08-10, 01:18 PM
I'd like to join as well. I'm sure I can come up with a good idea to base a story around.

Duffy
10-08-10, 01:44 PM
I'm going to run with a quest, over any gold based dealings (it is not Jennifer's way).

Let me know what's what :)

Ceidon
10-08-10, 04:18 PM
I claim Taskmienster, Jennifer Oakley and Vigil for my initiation quest.

Here's the link: http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?p=173738

Let's aim to finish this beast up in two weeks. One post daily should do it.

((Yes, I just edited my introduction to an old quest. I'm a bit lazy!))

Vigil
10-08-10, 04:19 PM
I claim Taskmienster, Jennifer Oakley and Vigil for my initiation quest.

Here's the link: http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?p=173738

Let's aim to finish this beast up in two weeks. One post daily should do it.

I'll pass. I misinterpreted the initiation for something else. But I'd rather submit a product of my own then be a part of that.

Who knows, I might even bring the Order something useful if they just let me work in autonomy.

Duffy
10-08-10, 04:21 PM
I can't promise daily, as I need to finish assignments and a battle ongoing with Task with Jennifer and update her bio before I can post with her (I don't want to lose her 'focus' and character by rushing ahead), once that is settled, though, I'm all yours :).

Taskmienster
10-08-10, 04:32 PM
Vigil, if you'd like, that quest that I and Melancor volunteered for could be a quasi-initiation thread for the Order. It fit the clan, which is why I joined it, so why not?

Vigil
10-08-10, 04:37 PM
Vigil, if you'd like, that quest that I and Melancor volunteered for could be a quasi-initiation thread for the Order. It fit the clan, which is why I joined it, so why not?

I kind of want to keep the apples seperated from the oranges for myself. I'm going to take Zook up on his offer of appropriating an item that will be of some worth for the Golden Dawn in a short little solo and use that as my initiation. It also better suits the kind of relationship I want with the Order as a practical partnership instead of a fraternal membership.

I'd much rather be associated with the Order and support its efforts without being a full-fledged member. Besides, I'm not sure how well Liam is prepared to react to accepting some form of magical brainwashing to ensure his loyalty. In any case, I think the best either side can hope for is having my character as an ally rather then a member, I guess.

Pretty much a ploy to reap some of the rewards for as minimal of the drawbacks as I can manage with the association of this organization. If that is acceptable, I'll have the first token of my loyalty in your hands soon enough. Otherwise, I'm writing the story and keeping the spoils for myself.

.. And it's going to be a doosy. Think about it.

Ceidon
10-08-10, 04:44 PM
Well, damn it! Melancor, you can join up my quest then. I want at least two initiates!

Zook Murnig
10-08-10, 11:09 PM
Vigil, I'm perfectly amenable to that.

As for the items procured in our quests, they are placed in the Order's vaults, available for use by all members. Once we have a few, I'll edit the first post to reflect that, and include a list of items, their properties, who procured them, and if they're checked out and by whom.

Atzar
12-30-10, 11:12 PM
So, um, what's up with this little venture? I was looking forward to this.