PDA

View Full Version : White Lily's Apothecary

Zenergy
10-25-10, 04:05 PM
So many things to do in a day, it was no wonder she needed a little vacation to herself. After collecting some ingredients she needed for an experiment involving a rare anesthetic, Lily was happy to find that she could very well indeed extract the right amount of a special type of white sage that could, in theory, protect someone magically from other illnesses creeping in from doing surgery thus making the process cleaner and safer. She'd have a lot of work to do there...

But for now, she'd rest, having restocked her small apothecary shop for the winter season. The elven woman sat at her counter for a few hours now, having about one or two customers show any real interest in her product. A starting business usually never had a fighting chance, but perhaps her connections to her parents could help later on.

The lass was pouring over a green leather bound tome with a red casing around the spine and edges. Her pixie familiar was dusting off a few things to pass the time, the small ball of light fluttering to Lily and said conclusively, "I think we're not being ambitious enough with the shop. They won't grant us the funds we need to do whatever we want."

"Of course they will," Lily replied, not even looking up from her book, eyes peering through thin lenses reading glassing. "As long as I produce results, I produce credit to the university."

"But all you've done is theory so far, they only give money to those who make one big discovery, then just trickle the money down to those same people for however long they want it."

"Then I'll complete the formula for this anesthetic and make a big change in extensive surgery," Lily would argue back. "Even magic healing has to bow to this, it can be applied to just about anyone with an exposed wound that has been contaminated, not to mention that in the right doses it simply protects you and doesn't put you to sleep."

"In theory," the familiar replied.

"In theory," Lily ended with a smile.

The shop was small yet snug and homely. Lily sat in a square space of counters save the backside of the square which was an open wooden counter door. Plants of all kinds lay on display cloth with a specific set of magic light emitting on them as to keep them fresh and presentable to the customer. For a small shop, she was well stocked, having spent time in Underwood collecting such things. The walls and floor were wooden, creaking with age and slightly warped. There was a door in the back leading to a small apartment Lily lived in. The sign in front of it said, "Employees Only" as a joke, seeing how she and the pixie were the only true employees.