PDA

View Full Version : the guardian

Atumal12
11-03-10, 08:38 PM
Name: Guardian 147(will change in the future)
Race: Guardian (will be explained below)
Hair Color: -
Eye Color: red crystals
Height: 6, 10
Weight: 800 lb

Personality:
147 is a large war golem that was designed to be both functional and ascetically pleasing, with a large vocabulary and a pleasant voice, unfortunately due to major damage sustained, its voice has become raspy and broken. Since its creators died shortly after creation, they didn’t have time to give it a personality and as such it has no personality, but as it meets people his personality will be developed.

Appearance:
147 is mostly made from metals similar to iron but it is a lot more durable. The worked body shows many small scrapes, dents and in some places the outer armor is completely gone leaving some of 147’s more important areas exposed (left knee, neck and right shoulder). In the chest area there comes a slight glow from its magical power source.

History:
147 was created by and ancient group of elves who had reached such a point with magic that they could create life, these elves had a great love of peace and good, and from this love gave rise to the guardians. The guardians were created in order to guarantee an everlasting peace. 147 was built as a sign of peace and celebration because they had just finished creating a spell that would seal all evil creatures away for all of eternity. On the day of these elves greatest glory, when they had finally completed preparing their sealing spell, disaster struck. The gods who wished for balance in the world found no other solution than total destruction, and to their great sadness, unleashed every demon, fiend and creature with pure evil coursing through its soul, upon the unprepared elves, and to ensure their destruction they cut the elves off from their magic. Much to the shock of the gods, the creatures were being driven back, not by the elves, but their creations the guardians. This of course the gods saw fit to counter, by reigning fire and death upon the world finally bringing an end to the elves, sealing their homes and creations far below the earth.

Skills:
mana cannon: this is a cannon attached to 147’s left arm, after it charges got 2 seconds it fires a ball of pure mana at the target, the ball will fly as fast as an arrow and will only travel in a straight line for about 20 feet and deals a moderate amount of damage, but because of the damage he has sustained, the mana surge protectors for its cannon are broken, it causes all his systems to shut down for 3 seconds after firing.
Shield: with a burst of mana 147 can block 1 attack, and knock the attacker back 5 feet, but will freeze 147 for 1 sec
Construct: because of what it is it is immune to most poisons and all diseases, it also is resistant to charm like and sensory baffling spells, but elaborate illusions and stronger baffling spells will still effect it.

Equipment: other than his own hardened body he has a short spear that can be quickly extended to the length of a standard spear, and with enough time can even become a long spear, the spear is stored in a hidden compartment in 147’s right leg.

below average combat skills due to damage to it's limbs.

Letho
11-04-10, 11:51 AM
Seeing as his entire body is made of metal, I have to ask you to make it as hard as iron, not steel.

Mana cannon should do moderate damage for now. And I trust you not to abuse it or the shield by using them over and over again indefinitely. Golem or no, he should tire after using his abilities continuously. Just keep that in mind when you roleplay him.

I'll give you the poison/disease resistance/immunity, but I want you to make it so elaborate illusions and stronger baffling spells still have effect on him.

That's about it.

Atumal12
11-04-10, 02:11 PM
there changes made :)

question just out of curiosity do you know if others have made golem's or like characters before?

Letho
11-04-10, 06:32 PM
I think one or two might've passed through here, but I don't think anybody was terribly active with them and it was probably a while ago.

At any rate, you are approved. Thank you for your cooperation and welcome to Althanas.