PDA

View Full Version : Dreamers' Workshop: Reward Sketch Hub

Fatina
11-11-10, 09:20 PM
Old thread is old, I think after 14,000 views its time for a new thread: This one will be more Althanas content oriented. I will keep posting more serious stuff on the old thread if any of you guys would be interested.

I often find myself sketching my characters, and after a couple years of figure drawing I've FINALLY come to the realization I can do serious drawings of them with enough time and effort. So I set out to draw Fatina. At the moment I'm still deciding if I should do a bust or a full-size drawing. Here is what I have so far as the draft:

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m145/Poseidon1776/FatinaAlth10.jpg

As you can tell I am still editing things, and outlining what her armor should look like. I guess she looks sort of World of Warcraft-ish, but her character was born from a Blizz pic. Last year I had the opportunity to use a Cintiq Wacom tablet throughout my Animation course, and I have to say, that machine is amazing. Anyway, Fatina herself is an old character I took out of Althanas and re-vamped on a personal world-building project for my animation course, far crudely called "Land of Vhal". After drawing Vhal- Fatina I regained the interest I had on her and now she's been growing a little here on Althy as well. I'll attach the character sheets I drew, including Vhal-Fatina.

So, you might be thinking, this is okay and all, but why should I care; how does it affect me. Well, It has certainly been an ambition of mine to set up a "draw Althy character's workshop" but fearing a flood of requests I've always kind of shied away whenever anyone suggested it. Well not any more! My recent experiences with the Reader's Workshop and some talk that has been going on about incentives to promote participation has lead me to an idea to solve these two personal worries of mine.

It has become painfully obvious to me that when it comes to workshops people are understandably more concerned about what they will gain from it than the feedback they give out. This became most apparent when an unfinished thread of mine of about seven posts got a decent amount of feedback, some very insightful, other mostly opinionated. The last thread I placed in the workshop had only one reply, that although I thank from the bottom of my heart, wasn't enough for me to fix some of the more poignant aspects of my quest. Guys, my judge lol'ed on my review, he lol'ed, I blame all you lazy people. ;)

Well, I've decided that I will give out one character commission to the top contributor of my workshops. That will in term help me regulate the amount of characters I have to draw to a realistic level that I can control without compromising with people. I do feel perhaps like a dick for putting conditions of requests, but I hope this will allow me to get a lot more feedback on my writing, and I think the amount of time I put onto these things is a fair exchange for some useful feedback and honest commentary. I'm on Althanas to have a good time, but mostly to learn, and recently Althy has been failing me. This is my way of twisting Althy's arm, or dangling a carrot, whichever way you wanna look at it. :p

Alright, I don't want people to get confused so here are the rules:

-First you must be named top contributor on one of my workshops. That is not exclusively limited to this character, however it does not extend to all my workshops. Whenever I set up a "Reward Workshop" I will Post the link on this thread and name it so.

-Once you get named top contributor of the Workshop you will have to claim the drawing soon. So PM me or reply here letting me know which character you'd like me to draw. The drawing doesn't necessarily have to be of one of your characters, but just have in mind that I'll probably be less flexible drawing something other than a person. The drawings will be made on newsprint for the most part, but I may add another clause if they want to upgrade to a charcoal drawing - the main reason is that toned paper costs two bucks a piece, so don't think I don't want to give you a nice drawing. I'm a student after all.

-And, if you do get a reward just be patient and don't hate me if I don't get it right. :D

Don't quote me on this, but perhaps if I am able to handle it, I'll donate the same price to Vignette contest winners in order to instill more participation. And hopefully too, this will get some people to be more generous and become more active on the Writer's Workshop board.

So! Without further ado, Tshael and Hysteria hold reward tokens! Let me know what you guys would like.

Hysteria
11-17-10, 12:50 AM
Ooow, I must have missed this. Your drawing is pretty impressive. I took a look at the other thread, you have really improved since the start of the thread, i'd be honored if you drew a picture of what you think Talen would look like.

I suppose i should give you a rough desription of him?

He's 13 years old, with a much more grown up attitude. His cloths are simple and black, a shirt, pants and cloak. He has short scruffy hair, pale skin and a fairly open and 'good-looking' face. He has a natural affinity for shadow magic and a neutral disposition. He also carried two swords.

Like i said before though, if you do want to draw this, i am not too particular on how you draw him. i think you'll draw something pretty cool without me sticking my butt :p

How does that sound?

Slayer of the Rot
11-17-10, 02:47 AM
Wow. You are one hell of an artist. I hope to get one of those rewarde tokens some day.

Melancor
04-13-11, 11:30 AM
Thanks! I hope I can give some more out :P

Hysteriaaaa........ faaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwkkkkkkkkkkk its taking to looooooooooooooonnnggggg...... lol sorry. The drawing itself isnt, I've just been so bussy with school recently I haven't even been on Althy that much. Anyway this is another different rendition, I can't decide if he looks more like Asivhal's king or the Mecca guy.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m145/Poseidon1776/Gabriel_Gonzalez20.jpg

Hysteria
04-17-11, 09:15 AM
There is so much character and personality in his face; its amazing.