PDA

View Full Version : Tattoo

Dead
08-06-06, 11:10 PM
I am seriously considering getting some ink, and I was wondering what everybody here thought.

I was thinking of getting an 11 pointed star, on my left shoulder. And a spider web on an elbow.

Serilliant
08-06-06, 11:24 PM
I think the most important question you should ask yourself before getting a tattoo is, "why?" If you have a good answer and want it, get it. If you're getting it just because you're bored, consider that it will be with you for a very, very long time.

Also find yourself a good place with a good artist. Don't pick a star and a web off the wall, either. Draw it yourself or get the artist to do something custom that works well and looks good on you. It'd be worth the extra price.

Raelyse
08-07-06, 04:21 AM
"How about Kermit the Frog?"

"I want a skull."

"Well, I'm gonna go ahead and do Kermit the Frog."

Daggertail
08-07-06, 04:55 AM
I have to agree with Seri, a Tatoo should be something that means something. If you get a generic one for what the heck it just is something neat for a little while but in the end becomes wasted money and something that becomes gross once you get older.

Osato
08-07-06, 07:00 AM
W00 H00! Go for it, I love mine. I'm actually going to get them touched up and freaking detailed more very soon.

I currently have a Ankh on the lower center of my back and an Eye of Horus right above that. Next time I go I'm getting those detailed for dirt cheap because I also get my piercings there (and I have like 50 refferals), and getting really thick lettering down my ribcage (from the armpit to the waist) "Veritas" and "Aequitas"

Storm Veritas
08-07-06, 08:41 AM
For myself, I agree with Serilliant. I would get a tattoo myself if there was a legitimate reason to get one, something like perhaps armed forces service that I wanted to permanently commemorate. But I don't have something like that, and I have no tattoos.

This isn't for me, though, it's for you. If you want something, are currently sober, and think it through a bit, get it if you decide you still want it. You can always make up some bullshit story detailing its significance after you get it, should you feel the need. Who knows, maybe it will get you laid!

Yeah, these 11 points represent every life I saved of the puppies I took from the warehouse fire before the crossbeam fell and pinned me down. The spider is there because I have a huge dick.

Abbie
08-07-06, 08:46 AM
I wanted to get angel wings between my shoulderblades to honor my first daughter who died. My husband begged me not to because he would have to see them during sex, so I didn't do it.

Daggertail
08-07-06, 08:47 AM
Yeah, these 11 points represent every life I saved of the puppies I took from the warehouse fire before the crossbeam fell and pinned me down. The spider is there because I have a huge dick.

yeah good story, but never bring up spiders in comparison to your penis. They are the most emasculating creatures ever and so would come across as the opposite.

Slayer of the Rot
08-07-06, 10:09 AM
I wanted to get angel wings between my shoulderblades to honor my first daughter who died. My husband begged me not to because he would have to see them during sex, so I didn't do it.

That's hot.

I'm getting the tri-force (If you don't know what that is, hang up your RP mantle) in black on the back of my hand, partly for my own god damn reasons, and partly for when some snobby woman gives me lip, I can backhand her with it and scream "I'M THE HERO OF TIME, BITCH!"

Teutonic Knight
08-07-06, 10:37 AM
well when the time comes im getting a X over laping a P which means christ in Roman.

Rabhya
08-07-06, 10:38 AM
I'm getting the tri-force (If you don't know what that is, hang up your RP mantle) in black on the back of my hand, partly for my own god damn reasons, and partly for when some snobby woman gives me lip, I can backhand her with it and scream "I'M THE HERO OF TIME, BITCH!"

That's just awesome.

Yeah, the thing you should remember is not to get one just for the hell of it. If it's something completely random, you'll get sick of it.

My brother has two, one that he got just so he could get one when he was eighteen, and now he's sick of it, so he's getting a different one. The other is a cross with his best friend's name and the dates of when he was born and when he was killed. So if you make yours mean something, you'll probably like it better.

grim137
08-07-06, 11:11 AM

You're my fucking hero. You know that?

Honestly I don't have anything to say that hasn't already been said in this thread. Don't get a tatoo just because you feel like because you'll end up getting sick of it real soon. Otherwise go for it.

Chiroptera
08-07-06, 01:20 PM
Have you ever seen an old person's tattoo- once their skin's gotten all saggy and wrinkly?:D

As long as you don't get "Death on the Loo" (which I've seen on an elderly person's forearm), I say that if it's worth the money to you, go for it!

Osato
08-07-06, 03:59 PM
Have you ever seen an old person's tattoo- once their skin's gotten all saggy and wrinkly?:D

As long as you don't get "Death on the Loo" (which I've seen on an elderly person's forearm), I say that if it's worth the money to you, go for it!

Lol, yeah... but what 80 year old person's going to be walking around flashing people his tattoo and trying to pick up chicks? ;)

Anyway... -shrug- I personally think that wings on a girls back would be the hottest thing ever... especially during sex. Lol. That ALSO had no relevance.

Slayer of the Rot
08-07-06, 04:05 PM
Lol, yeah... but what 80 year old person's going to be walking around flashing people his tattoo and trying to pick up chicks? ;)

Duh, me.

I'll point to the triforce proudly and go, "Children, do you know what this is?" And when they say no I call them queers and start drinking again.

Otherwise, I've heard of one guy who had the LoZ shield tattooed on his back, crazy.

Dead
08-31-06, 10:30 PM
Now see, I've always thought and have been told the opposite of what most people are saying. I am getting a tattoo because I think they look great and beautiful on people, and I'm getting the star (which I did design personally) BECAUSE it doesnt mean anything to me. Nothing at all.

I can see if it's to commemorate a lost loved one or something, but if it's just reflecting your beliefs or something, then maybe your beliefs will change, in which case you'll hate it. But if you get somethign that YOU think looks good, then I think you'll like it. My friend has a pile of poop tattooed on him, and he loves it, because it's something fun. Of course, he's a shithead and probably will be for the rest of his life, so I expect him to keep liking it.

Slayer.....that is the SINGLE GREATEST thing I've ever heard. Love it.

Chiroptera
08-31-06, 10:39 PM
But the thing is, your likes and dislikes change too. Maybe some day when your friend grows up, he'll realize that having a load of crap on his body isn't as cool as it seemed . . .

Anteni
09-01-06, 10:14 AM
Just keep on seriously considering it, and you'll make the decision. Getting a tattoo is solely up to you; you can get it for looks, for meaning, or just for the sake of starting conversations with other people that have tattoos, chicks especially. A cool story behind the tattoo never hurts.

The spider web, I hear, is usually worn by former prisoners. It symbolizes that they were once trapped. Beyond the symbolism, though, it just looks cool, until you see it everywhere on everyone. I have a friend that's really into tattoos, and he got stars put on his elbows - it is the single most painful thing he has ever done, he says, and he has wiped out plenty while BMXing and skiing. If you go with the elbow tattoos, the fact alone that they are on your elbows is a good story. :D

Tattoos in general are cool in my opinion. I'd like a few someday, but I'm broke and undecided on what exactly I want. An eleven-pointed star sounds cool; how big is it?

Kai
09-01-06, 12:29 PM
depends on the tat and where it is

i tend to favour a tribal looking pattern ... ya know the one with many curves and spikes etc

personaly i would not get one, nor do i want one, but i am free to change my mind in the future right ...

just don't go getting one that says rosebud with a rose ... or with your mama's name

Ebivoulya
09-02-06, 04:41 AM
I want to get this (http://static.zoovy.com/img/gkworld/W204-H276-Bf3f3f3/ge7143.jpg) symbol from Fullmetal Alchemist along with some vines or maybe some kind of tribal detailing curling and twisting around it, mainly to symbolize my belief in the principle of equivalent exchange, and because it's a kickass anime. I doubt I'd regret it, and it's more original than a dragon or something.

Krugor
09-02-06, 04:53 AM
When you decide you want a certain tattoo; wait 3 years. When you still want that certain tattoo then, go ahead and do it.

That's how I feel about it. I've been thinking about getting one for many years now, but still not taking it. Not because I'm unsure about it (I know exactly what I want and why I want it), I just don't feel the time is ripe yet. I'll have it for the rest of my life, what's the harm in waiting a bit :)

Osato
09-02-06, 05:03 AM
That kicks ass Ebi. I'm going to go get the rest of mine soon enough... if I get the money. >.<

I want those words down my side, and I'm thinking about getting a scroll that wraps around my right arm, starting at the shoulder and ending at the wrist. Along the top would be the symbols of a few religions (Christianity, Muslim, wicca, and maybe another). On the scroll will be written separate passages that run all the way from top to bottom from the religious symbols represented. Along the bottom I'm going to have Jain, Buddist, and a couple more religions.

Each passage written will be about something I agree with in each religion, something universal (such as peace or acceptance), or something about peace in general. I'm not sure, but it the tattoo is going to deal a lot with my personal feelings towards religion. Whatever I end up doing I'll have thought it through a whole freakin' lot... and doing a lot of research for it. I don't want to do something like that and mess something up... lol.

Ithermoss
09-02-06, 02:37 PM
yeah good story, but never bring up spiders in comparison to your penis. They are the most emasculating creatures ever and so would come across as the opposite.

I beg to differ.

Spider chicks are great at oral. It just so happens that spider guys are the relative size of a dinner plate.

Just stay away from the "Tramp Stamp"

Damion Shargath
09-02-06, 02:43 PM
My ex has a tattoo in her ear, a tiny tribal one. She gives great oral.

Saxon
09-02-06, 02:50 PM
I think a tattoo would be great to have :D. I just can't find a reason, nor a symbol that I'd like to have branded to my flesh. Its been said way too many times, but I think a tattoo should have meaning before you hit that parlor with a piece of paper and a wallet :rolleyes:.

.. And for some reason I keep thinking Mjlonir or an Aztec Sun ;).

Damion Shargath
09-02-06, 02:58 PM
If anything, I'd get a tribal starting at my fingertips going up to my elbow. That's going to restrict me in things of finding a job though, it's the only reason I haven't done it so far.