PDA

View Full Version : Raksha - The Swordsman

Harbinger
11-30-10, 07:22 AM
Raksha the Seeker

http://www.althanas.com/world/picture.php?albumid=91&pictureid=496
Known As: “Rak, Raksha”
Apparent Age: 25
Race: Seeker (chi-k-er Meaning ‘The Race’)
Weight: 150kg
Height: 6’5”

Appearance:
Rak is a tall white humanoid with a friendly smile and a powerful build. He has blue eyes, but otherwise no other colour on his entire body.

Race Information:
Seeker’s are a humanoid species standing on average six feet tall for males and five feet ten for females. Males have rough and slightly abrasive skin, the females much smoother. They tend to weigh in excess of 100kg for males and 90kg for females. Their most noticeable difference to humans is their complete lack of hair. In order to mix with other races some females wear headdresses or even wigs.

Personality:
Raksha is a kind and easy going man with a strong sense of justice and right and wrong. His idealism can lead him to be duped, but he generally escapes thanks to his natural skills.

Character History

Deep in the Jagged Mountains north of Radasanth an egg started to crack, slimy green liquid oozed out. The egg had been formed three months prior when two creatures had secreted a mixture of chemicals and protein. The chemicals reacted to the air forming a hard shell. A small hand pushed through the egg and into the air. The shell fragmented and spit and the small white body emerged into the air.

The little white humanoid stumbled across the cave floor and looked around. The large cavern was sparsely populated with more eggs, but all were silent. The creature followed the light streaming from the front of the cave and emerged into the world. To larger versions of the small white turned and looked at him.

~ ☼ ~

The years past and the young creature grew up. His brothers and sisters had hatched a month later, and he had continued a trend of early development. The creature was told he was a Seeker; a subterranean race that lived even deeper than many dwarfs. The name given to him by his parents was Raksha, after his great-grandfather, a hero of their people who also bore the same ivory white skin. Indeed Raksha was unique even among his family for his colour. The Seekers normally came in four colours, brown, white, gold and black. Although no Seeker was ever born gold or black, they were colours of someone who had chosen either the most virtuous or villainous life. White Seekers, while uncommon appeared as throwbacks, often coming one or two per thousand Seekers.

The Seeker’s life was good. His mother and father treated their young well as they travelled through the mountains. Raksha was told of how his great-grandfather escaped an attack on his hatching cave which took the lives of everyone else in the brood. The Seeker went on to re-unite the scattered remains of his people and form the first surface dwelling tribe. Once every five cycles the breeding adults would leave the main tribe and travel out into the mountains to find a suitable cave.

After the hatching of their young they spend one to two months with the children before returning to the main tribe. During his time with the tribe Rak joined the warriors and practiced with the sword and shield. His life was easy, fun even. He excelled with his weapon training, but lacked the magical abilities that were common place among his people.

As was common among his tribe, upon his tenth birthday he set out to explore the world. His father gave him two gifts, his shield and his great-grandfather’s sword. With them and a few provisions Raksha set out to explore the world.

Skills/Abilities

Base Statistics:
STR: 1
SPD: 1.5
AGL: 1.5
END: 1

Skills:

Swordsmanship:
Raksha is very skilled with a sword, using it either by itself or in combination with his shield.

Items

The Emerald Blade:
This blade is craft from a mysterious rock and wield by the original Raksha to defend his Tribe. More special characteristics exist, but are up to Rak to unlock.
Special Characteristics:

Return:
The Blade is linked to the wielder, returning to Rak’s hand if he wills it. The sword must be free to move, not held or caught by something.

Metal Strength:
The Blade is the strength of steel.

The Defender:
This is a large steel shield in a diamond shape with a large semi-circle cut from the top (see picture). It was Rak’s father and given to him when he left the village.

Shoulder Guard:
A steel shoulder guard, used mostly to brace against his shield.

Letho
11-30-10, 01:42 PM
I'm going to have to ask you to make it so that any improvement of the Emerald Blade has to be acquired as a spoil. If you're getting a magic sword at level zero, you'll have to work for the upgrades at least.

Also, even though before we didn't allow expert anything at level zero, with the new rules around a corner (or a couple of corners), we're going to be allowing it, so I'll just jump ahead and allow it.

Harbinger
11-30-10, 11:01 PM
I made the changes, I didn't specificly write that I'll need to request spoils to upgrade his sword, but its pretty clear from our convo that is the go. I figure it'd be messy to shove it in. I also took out the word expert, I figure if the system is changing them I might as well not have it down.

Letho
12-01-10, 05:49 AM
Awesome.

You are approved. Thank you for your cooperation and welcome to Althanas.