PDA

View Full Version : Quest Recruitment

B.I.G.
12-22-10, 12:33 PM
I have a quest (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?p=177928#post177928) up in Radasanth that anyone is welcome to participate in. Preferably 2-3 others. Here is the premise.

Your character has taken a mission from an unknown contractor. You haven't been given many details, but you've been promised a substantial reward. What you have been told so far is that you will be meeting an agent (Bartleby) at the Silver Pub in Radasanth at sun down. He will be giving you more details on your mission once you arrive. He will be sitting at the furthest table to the right and there will be a raven's feather resting on the table.

The mission, which your character will have no knowledge of until my character informs you, will be information gathering. In the town of Underwood, there is rumored to be a retired Corone Ranger taking refuge within the town. Your job will be to determine whether or not this is true and if so, the identity of the retired Ranger. Whether he is actually there or not, is up to you.

Your assignment, if he is indeed there, is not to engage him or any other members of the Rebellion, but whether you do or not is up to you. If your character has issues with either the Corone Empire or the Coalition, this quest may not be for you. Otherwise, please read on.

As far as my character's role in this quest, I will not be joining you on your mission. The only interaction our characters will have will be Bartleby briefing your character on their assignment and your character returning to Bartleby once the assignment is complete. Other than that, you and your questing partner will be working together on the mission. Meanwhile, I'll be getting into my own trouble back at the inn.

So it's sort of like a comic book style story, in that there's multiple story arches going on at the same time.

Let me know if you're interested.

Christina Bredith
12-22-10, 01:14 PM
Okay... okay... okay... DAMN IT! I was thinking of joining, but it looks like this character would be one of the worst to include on a mission like this. :p

B.I.G.
12-22-10, 01:22 PM
Hahaha yeah probably not. Or you could work it so that your character is doing a counter intelligence sort of thing. Up to you. =]

I could see your character having intercepted one of the agents I was supposed to meet with and end up taking their place. That'd make for an interesting confrontation with your questing partner later on down the line.

JobGoblin
12-22-10, 01:29 PM
I'm up for it. The substantial reward would be enough of a draw for Ike. He'd be a bad spy on one hand due to the usual inherent prejudice of goblins, but on the other hand, he's already suspicious enough, and who's going to call foul on some poor cursed bastard food merchant?

B.I.G.
12-22-10, 02:23 PM
That could work. Would make for some interesting conversations as well. So long as he can play the non conspicuous part he's in. One more taker and we're good to go.

EDIT: Feel free to make your opening post Job. Just take note of the guidelines and things should go rather smoothly.

JobGoblin
12-22-10, 03:40 PM
No worries, this ain't my first rodeo. By the way, pleasure to be writing with someone new.

Anyway, I'll get a post up after I finish this rice, blow down a line, and smoke a cigarette.

B.I.G.
12-22-10, 03:55 PM
I'm not as new as my profile may lead you to believe. But the pleasure is mine all the same.

Breaker
12-22-10, 04:34 PM
Last time I RP'd at the Silver Pub with Manda, it was a pile of rubble. But, I suppose liquid time heals all wounds.

I gotta ask... what was your account name in the old days?

B.I.G.
12-22-10, 05:01 PM
I suppose liquid time heals all wounds.

Indeed.

The Writing Writer

Breaker
12-22-10, 05:32 PM
Write on. Welcome back dude, we need more like you.

B.I.G.
12-22-10, 07:10 PM
Thanks man. Good to be back.

Petoux
12-23-10, 07:07 AM
Since my quest isn't going anywhere, I'll take the reigns if that's ok with you. Just give me the A - ok to post and the link to post in and I'm set.

B.I.G.
12-23-10, 07:42 AM
Link is in my first post. We're good to go.

Keep in mind that although I will continue posting in the quest after you two have left the Silver Pub, we won't have any interaction with one another until you two have completed your mission.

B.I.G.
12-23-10, 01:50 PM
Apologies for the double post. I'm re-opening recruitment for this quest. One spot still open if anyone wants it. JobGoblin has the other.

Necropolis
12-23-10, 03:14 PM
Awwww, man I'd really like to do this one, but I'm probably not gonna be here for a few days. Information gathering is my specialty....

B.I.G.
12-23-10, 06:03 PM
All the spots are filled. Thanks everyone for your interest. Be sure to read Rumors (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?p=177928#post177928). It's gonna be a good one.

Taskmienster
12-23-10, 06:21 PM
I'll be posting as soon as I get everything organized.

Christina Bredith
12-24-10, 05:15 AM
I should be getting up a post some time this morning while I'm at work, which will almost certainly be very dead. :p

B.I.G.
12-24-10, 11:28 AM
Good deal. Task and Slayer are next. Once they post their intros we can really get this quest under way.

Christina Bredith
12-24-10, 01:13 PM
Looking forward to it!

Christina Bredith
01-04-11, 11:31 PM
Hate to double-post, but just wondering what all is the status of this thread. We've gone almost two weeks without a post now, and the last one was mine. ;p

B.I.G.
01-08-11, 03:37 AM
Task has been busy with school and is having trouble finding time to post. He'll come through though. I've not heard from Slayer in some time. If I don't hear back from him soon we'll just have to move on without him.

EDIT:: Since neither of the other participants have been able to post, I'm re-opening recruitment for this quest. Feel free to read the info on the front page as well as the first two posts in the quest itself. If you're interested, please post or send me a PM. Thank you.