PDA

View Full Version : To Steal a Ship...

Lady Scarlet
01-03-11, 06:01 PM
...one typically needs help.

Okay, I'm going to attempt to try this again. Premise is pretty simple, they're gonna steal a ship. I will take up to 3 PCs with me for this. Each PC will be on a separate team involved in this heist.

A few changes from the first attempt:

1. For the sake of clarity of knowing whose turn it is, we are going to have a posting order. Such order will be determined by who responds first. So if you want to have the slot right after me, you better be on your toes.

2. 1 week is all you have to post. If at the end of 1 week, barring any major, unavoidable RL things (sickness, deaths, school stuffs etc), you will be bunnied out of the thread and there will be no re-admittance. This does not mean that you won't be able to still be a part of the crew on future adventures, just that you will no longer be a part of this one.

Here are the teams for this. Please let me know which one you want to be on. You do not have to lead the team if you do not want to though it is certainly an option.

Team 1: Security - this team will be in charge of removing the guards from the ship. Scarlet prefers for there to be NO blood trail if it is at possible. If deemed the best course, this team would also be in charge of detaining the guards until the ship is ready to leave then getting them off the ship.

Team 2: Ship Readiness - This team will be in charge of carrying out the tasks that are involved in a ship leaving the dock. This includes working with the sails, the rudder, and weighing anchor.

Team 3: Distraction - This team will be the last to board as they are going to be in charge of making sure the dock security doesn't catch on to what the rest of the crew is doing.

Team 4: This is Scarlet's team. There will no other PCs on this team. Scarlet will be doing a little bit of everything as pertaining to her rank of Captain.

PCs:
Lady Scarlet (T4)
Esmerelda (T1)
Zack Blaze (T3)
Slot 4 (T2)

One more thing, if you are not sure that you can commit to finishing this, please hold off for another adventure. I really want to get this done, and I’d rather not have to bunny you out. Thanks!

Esmerelda
01-03-11, 06:40 PM
Permission to come aboard Captain?

First Mate still an NPC? If so, can I be Second Officer then?

Who else are you going to trust with the security of your ship, but your loyal Warmech who can hide in small crevices to keep them mutineers on their toes?

Lady Scarlet
01-03-11, 06:44 PM
i'm not decided on a second officer. there might not even be one :P

but that does leave Readiness and Distraction left...

Aiko
01-03-11, 07:23 PM
i'm not decided on a second officer. there might not even be one :P

Impossible. Even in fantasy, there's always a second officer aboard ships.

First officer takes care of handing out tasks and personel, Second officer takes care of piloting and Navigation.

On advanced ships, like a starship, this means being in charge of a team dedicated to handling this stuff.

On a more basic ship like ours, these two officers handle these things personally.

Lady Scarlet
01-03-11, 07:32 PM
It's MY ship. If I decide I don't want an official second officer, then that's how it will be.

Zack Blaze
01-03-11, 07:34 PM
Volunteering to head up distracting some people, Mi'Lady.

Lady Scarlet
01-03-11, 07:36 PM
Thank you muchlies, you are added.

Aiko
01-03-11, 07:37 PM
It's MY ship. If I decide I don't want an official second officer, then that's how it will be.

It's also completly unrealistic.

Zack Blaze
01-03-11, 07:40 PM
Says the Spirit of Corruption?

Lady Scarlet
01-03-11, 08:25 PM
There's still one slot left! Remember that you don't have to be a leader if you don't want to be.