PDA

View Full Version : The Order of the Golden Dawn

Ceidon
01-16-11, 01:10 PM
Hello folks!

Since Zook Murnig has all but disappeared, I've taken it upon myself to revive this once great clan. Althanas' secrets aren't protecting themselves, you know!

Here is our rules and whatnot:

---------------------

Order of the Golden Dawn

Description: The Golden Dawn exists half in light, half in darkness. In order for the light to rise, it must first go through darkness. Such is the way of the world. The Order of the Golden Dawn, affectionately known to its members as Stella Matutina, actively seeks the dark mysteries of Althanas' past. This is not out of any bid for power or destruction, but rather for the protection of the present and future of Althanas.

Membership: Stella Matutina is led by consensus of a council of three elders. Currently, one elder position is still available. New members are allowed in by consensus. Some might be forced to quest with an existing member to determine their best placement in the group.

Current Roster:
Caduceus Grimaldi (Zook Murnig) - Spiritual Leader

Ceidon Loré (Ceidon) - Council Member
Einar Fenrisson (Taskmienster) - Council Member

Rules: Stella Matutina is a very secretive organization. The things they study are usually things that should not be exposed publicly. Even the name Stella Matutina is a secret, though the Order's existence is not. Any member who utters the name Stella Matutina in the presence of an uninitiated will suffer expulsion from the Order. Similarly, members who divulge secrets of the Golden Dawn will be brought before the council for their fate to be decided. If it is determined that they had just cause for revealing the secret, they will be found innocent, with a warning. However, if it is determined that they released Golden Dawn information without good or sufficient reason, they will be found guilty and expelled.

Expulsion from the Order of the Golden Dawn is not simply being disassociated with the organization. Those who are expelled remain so permanently, and will have their memories adjusted such that they have no recollection of anything to do with the Order or its secrets. This is done through a powerful enchantment cast upon each hopeful member at initiation. It is accepted by them willingly, or they will not be initiated.

The initiated are encouraged to have other interests and to pursue them, so there is no rule against being in other power groups if you are a member of this one. However, should they come upon a situation where they must decide between revealing the secrets of Stella Matutina, and failing their mission, they are expected to choose according to the Order's interests.

----------------------

I've got a few quest ideas somewhere in my brain for those of you interested in participating. Plus, I've learned that the Ixian Knights (Althanas' do-gooders), and the Followers of the N'jal (Althanas' baddies) are planning to go after some of Althanas' secrets. That's our world folks, we may have to lay a smack down!

If you're interested, post here!

Breaker
01-17-11, 11:16 AM
I'd like to join, but we'll have to talk about the nature of Joshua's IC involvement, because he's also being vetted by the Ixian Knights. Based on the description it doesn't seem like that would be a problem, though.

Oliver
01-17-11, 11:20 AM
Oliver intends to arrive in Scara Brae following his three post introduction trilogy, at which point he would be open to becoming a member.

I have some questions concerning the alignment and nature and likely IC activity (what exactly we'd get up to) before I give a firm answer, however? I don't like to join organizations that are out of character for the remit and personality I've got in mind for our young witch :).

Ganlon Martel
01-17-11, 11:37 AM
I'm interested. Ganlon is on a hunt for secrets of the Goddess or Person that gave him the Chalice and is looking to head to Fallien to search in the desert for lost secrets and a Demon that tried to kill him in underwood.

Atzar
01-17-11, 12:48 PM
I'm in. We've talked about this some already.

Kylin Rouge
01-17-11, 12:51 PM
I'm interested if you want to break The Ixians' Mystic monopoly.