PDA

View Full Version : Althanas RPG?

Max Dirks
01-19-11, 08:07 PM
Hello folks,

I meant to get this out to you with the release of 3.0, but couldn't find the time. I've updated my Althanas OOC RPGM2K game! You can now get all the way to Radasanth VIA a lengthy mini-game session in Scara Brae.

You can download the game here (http://www.althanas.com/world/downloads/AlthanasOCC.lzh). It's saved as a .Izh file, which can be unpacked by Winrar and other compression programs. To play, the game requires RPGM2K installed on your computer with the RPT add-on. You can search the web for those if you don't already have them. I've included the unique files in the Izh.

Let me know what you think. I'll give you hints here if you get stuck.

Max Dirks
01-19-11, 08:16 PM
Here's a place where you can download RPGM2K and the RTP:

http://2drpg.com/2000.php

The Sin Eater
01-20-11, 12:06 PM
I would love to play it, but I can't get it working and I haven't been able to find any useful information in the files or at the website...

I've installed the RPG Maker, the RTP addon (version 1.32) and your files. The editor itself works, but when I try to launch any game (including the sample game) it gives an error about not being able to find the system file, or whatever.

Do you happen to know the solution?

Max Dirks
01-20-11, 04:00 PM
You also need the RTP 1 add on. I don't think its working at that site, but you can find it on Google.

Then, just load up RPGM2K, click "open project" and point the directory to the folder that contains Althanas OOC (this would be one directory up from where you'd expect). The RPGM2K will open the game for editing. Then click the little arrow icon to test play and run it that way.

The Sin Eater
01-20-11, 04:48 PM
Hm, I've been searching for 30 minutes now and I either don't know how to use google or it's really, really hard to find. I did got a Portuguese version, but I'm not even sure if it really is RTP 1. The link on that site you mentioned is dead, and sadly a lot of other sites just link to that one...

Max Dirks
01-20-11, 07:52 PM
http://www.kobrasrealm.net/downloads.php?id=1&d=1

Just scan the file before you open it.

Elrundir
01-20-11, 11:00 PM
So, RPG Maker 2000 isn't compatible with my OS (Windows 7 64-bit). I can install the later versions of RPG Maker, but even if I install their various RTPs, I either can't get them to find the file at all (in the case of 2003) or else it's not in a supported file format (in the case of XP/VX).

I am sad.

EDIT: I got as far as locating the game in RPG Maker 2003, but I get a "Cannot open file system" error when I try to test play.

Silence Sei
01-21-11, 02:37 AM
ARGH! I need the Scara Brae queen to advance the story, but she ain't showin up!

The Sin Eater
01-21-11, 06:44 AM
Lol, this is so funny! I don't know all the old names and vet jokes, but it's still funny as hell. The liquid time jokes are hilarious :D.

Oh and btw, I got it work by installing both RTP's (1.00 and 1.32) in the standard directory. When I had installed them on a custom location at least one of them didn't seem to work.

On a side note, the RTP remove programs don't remove everything, they let some font files and stuff laying around in your Windows directory.

Sighter Tnailog
01-31-11, 06:42 PM
For some reason, none of the fonts will appear.

EDIT: Got it working, and now I wished I hadn't! But if you can't stand a good-natured ribbing, you should get out of the admin business.

Good job, man. Love the jokes about Peabody Polk and the Mods with the 5 Keys. Very good. You paid more attention to Findelfin over the years than I thought!

Rayse Valentino
02-06-11, 12:08 AM
Can someone upload a Let's Play video of themselves doing this on youtube or something? I have the same problem as Elrundir.

Sighter Tnailog
02-06-11, 02:46 AM
You really don't need to play it, it's just a series of jokes about my mission to ruin Althanas.

Elrundir
02-06-11, 08:36 AM
In that case, just record yourself playing it. I'd be fine with watching that. :p

Relt PeltFelter
02-13-11, 02:59 AM
I've got the strangest feeling of deja vu...

Rayse Valentino
02-13-11, 04:31 PM
You really don't need to play it, it's just a series of jokes about my mission to ruin Althanas.

Ah, so it's set in bizarro-land.