PDA

View Full Version : A New Beginning

ZeroKill
08-09-06, 08:43 PM
For those interested in joining, I'd personally prefer your character to be alligned towards evil. I'm looking to set up a sort of evil brotherhood so to speak. Have it start with a few people, those people branch out get other people to join their quests and so on, and just have something to where if you're bored and got nothing to do, you'll always have people ready to roleplay. I doubt it'll goes as planned but thats the whole goal. Whether or not you know me, don't worry about, thats what this quest is for.

Hallow winds and graceful colors filled the empty space of the sky as the sun began to set. The intesive trees and the blood stained grass swayed towards the edging darkness, calling for the righteous night. Beautiful as it was, the foul shores of Scara Brae was riddled with mundane lovers in search of a romantic gesture, and happless, vain warriors in search of a meaning and reason to their futile lives. The clouds in the sky preached of an oncoming storm, and still the impudent cattle remained in their lowful search of purpose and love.

Aegis crouched down listening to the ocean screaming its loneliness through its thunderous waves. The serenity of its call, luring him to his greatly anticipated death. The siren's glow entranced him in a world of thoughts, lost in its gold allure. His mind completely blank, wishing is his soul could be as clean as his mind; wishing his heart would no longer beat against his chest reminding him of all the lives he had taken. It was his right! Those people didn't deserve to live, did they? They didn't understand him, they misunderstood, and tried to hinder his innate abilities as a warrior. They had no right to limit him!

No matter what his excuses where he could still hear their cries when he closed his eyes. When the night stars placed themselves in the sky, they looked down on him forcing him to remember everything. In his dreams their cries rang out, when he was awake he saw their faces in the people around. Aegis was far from redemtion, far from any hope of his soul and his sins being white again. Then again did it matter? He didn't believe in any god. He was free... free from redemption, and free from persecution in his death. All that awaited him was nothingness, but where did this persistent fear come from?

Questions... questions that couldn't be answered. Questions that when asked lead to more questions, and so insues the process of introspection. Aegis didn't want to judge himself, he had no reason. He was in the right and that was all there was to it. He had every right to assert himself in any nature he saw fit to get to his goals. So was that it, to realize this fact, would that make his pain and sorrow just vanish? Again, with the questions with no answers; when does it end?

Aegis was brought back into reality as lightning etched through the blanket of darkness that now covered sky. Rain began to fall, and thunder drowned out the noise of the world. The beach was clear and desolate. The human animals had pretty much left, the only ones that remained where the warriors that awaited the great beasts that came with the great storms. Honor... thats what they sought. How could such creatures portay honor when they ridicule every day that which isn't like them. Aegis knew this from experience. His lifeful green eyes glanced over his barren skeletal wings as he ran his fingers on the bones.

Leaving the beach the rain begain to pour even harder, the lightning faster, and the thunder louder. The trees leaned over the trail that Aegis was now walking down, as if creating a barrier between the rain and him. This was shelter enough. He just needed to stay dry and outlast the storm till the morning. The morning would bring a new day, and hopefully a job. Money was scarce, and that is one thing he needed to survive.

Taskmienster
06-13-09, 02:01 PM
This thread has been sitting for a full year. Since no response has been made to create activity I am going to be moving this. If you would like it to be reopened please feel free to PM myself or another admin and they will be able to move it for you back to Scara Brae.