02-08-11, 01:05 PM
Name: Jace Amsen
Race: Human
Sex: Male
Height: 5’8
Weight: 165 lbs.
Eyes: Green
Hair: Jaw length ashy blonde

Personality: He is a jovial & free spirit, never one to avoid a fight, but would prefer to laugh over a meal instead. He tends to be as helpful as possible & yearns for adventuring against tyranny. Enjoys competition, puzzles & comradarie. He is a tinkerer at heart & loves to barter.

Appearance: Jace is your average, athletic 17 yr old human boy. A pair of bright green eyes is offset by a jaw length mane of ashy blonde hair, messily swept away from his face by a custom pair of piloting goggles that he wears on his forehead. His skin tone is a soft bronze, touched from working under the beating sun. His attire consists of stylish, new-aged clothing that’s commonly found worn by the youth of Radasanth. (For visual reference, note my profile picture.)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/Kosiguru/167852__final-fantasy-xiii-maqui.jpg

History: Raised with a humble upbringing as the youngest of two childen, Jace had a normal childhood. Love by a mother who tended to the boys, and fathered by a warm hearted & harworking man. He looked up to his brother Maqui, only a couple years older than himself, seeing him as a strong and daring figure. Shortly after his tenth birthday, his father and brother were inscripted by the Aleranian Capital to help further the country’s technological advancement.

As Jace grew, he naturally found an interest in his father’s work. Scavanging what little parts he could from his father’s workshop he began tinkering himself, gaining a great deal of his father’s attention. This incited a bit of jealousy from his brother, naturally, and slowly began creating a divide between their bond, although Jace never lost admiration for his older sibling. When old enough, he enlisted in the UAA like his brother & father; much to the disapproval of his older brother, who demanded that Jace remain home to look after their parents. Never the less, he quickly found his own niche within the UAA as a talented machinist.

During the Great War with Raiaera, he was befriended by a fellow Machinist named Dariku. He took up position as a combat engineer & pilot for Thoracis Rakarth, which kept him off the front lines and used his mechanical & tactician skills to further the cause. With the fall of Thoracis, and the war at a standstill, Jace’s unit disbanded. Some of his comrades fallen, the others deserting. As the country began to pick itself up from the ashes, Jace returned home where he hoped to work with his father and further their family business as machinists, but the clutches of war had reached further than he’d expected. His parents, victims of war, had been killed & their home reduced to ash. Maqui, already harboring anger towards Jace, blamed him -- and swore to cut all ties between the two before returning back his duties within the UAA.

With the little he could salvage, Jace left Alerar, utilizing his skills through the trade markets of Althanas and finally landing in Radasanth, the largest city of Corone. Sought after by many who own Steam Engines for repairs & as a tinkerer, Jace has quite the reputation amongst the cities inhabitants as being one of it’s only true machinists. With no longer having any political ties or loyalties to a country, his adventure is only about to begin.

Weapons: None.

Armor: None.

Skills
Machinist: Has fluid knowledge of steamworks & engines, with the ability to repair & occasionally build steam-based equipment.

Pilot: Jace knows basic piloting skills of steamengines, and can safely pilot most vehicles without trouble.

Tactician: Impressively, Jace’s thought process when problem solving is quite good & better than your average person. He tends to be a little over-zealous however.

Soldiering: Jace can wield a sword with the simplist aptitude and knows how to handle most forms of Alerarian firearms, thanks only in part to his training as a soldier in the UAA. However, his skills in soldiering are to be desired & he doesnt own his own blade.

Abilities
Finesse & Acrobatics: Where Jace lacks combative prowess, he makes up for it in agility. Above the average dexterity roughly x1.5 of a human, and would best be described as incredibly athletic.

Items worth noting
--Steamcycle: Jace’s pride & joy. Designed and built by Jace and his father before enlisting in the UAA, it’s a steam-powered vehicle & a extremely rudamentary version of what you would call a motorcycle. It can reach speeds of travel that horse in full sprint, though it tends to overheat & malfunction quite often. Jace has yet to figure a way to keep it working properly for extended period of time.

Other Items
--Toolbelt, carrying an assortment of parts.
--Backpack with provisions & a bundle of paper to jot down notes & ideas.
--Random blueprints of steamwork technology.

Breaker
02-08-11, 02:39 PM
Hi there, and welcome to Althanas!

I really like the character concept you're working on, there'll just be a few clarifications before we can get you approved and writing, and here they are.

Finesse/Acrobatics should be listed as an ability not a skill, and just to match our format please assign a value such as 1.5x or 2x the normal agility of a human. Kind of arbitrary I realize, but that's how we standardize abilities.

I'll allow you to have the steamcycle, but only if you alter the description so it can move approximately the same speed as a horse. He can always upgrade it later on, but for now we need to compromise.

Actually, that's all you need to do! But there are some other things I can recommend which will improve your overall Althanas experience. First of all your character's height - 5'18? I'm guessing that's a typo. Secondly (you may already know this but I still have to tell you) in spite of your characters various and impressive skills, it will be quite difficult to gain any advanced technology he creates as spoils - difficult but not impossible. I know this because I also have a character who is an Aleraran machinist. Just wanted to give you fair warning.

Also, your firearm skills should really apply only to Aleraran firearms - that is to say, single shot weapons such as flintlocks and blunderbuss. They don't canonically have anything more advanced than that, so it'd be odd if he knew how to use, say, a revolver right off the bat.

Another prodigy child... well, I'm looking forward to seeing what you write. Let me know when you've made some edits, and if you need any help.

Amsen
02-08-11, 03:15 PM
Firstly, thanks for the comments on the character! Also, I believe that I have made the corrections you asked for. Let me know if I've missed anything!

Breaker
02-08-11, 03:32 PM
Looks good, thank you for being so co-operative.

You are approved, with a 100 exp bonus on the way.