PDA

View Full Version : One as a Teacher~

orphans
02-17-11, 07:11 PM
I'm still rolling this idea around in my head for now, but I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a quest taking place in the Citadel.

It'll entail teaching Azza how to fight in the person's specific style/way. As it stands now, Azza is more or less a blank template for a fighting style as she has no real combat capabilities. Sure, she can swing a weapon like the next person, but there would be no technique behind it.

The time frame of this quest will take place after Colors of Grey (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?22032-The-Colors-of-Grey) and as an added constraint, those who are related to the Ixian Knights cannot impart/teach her. Reason why? Azza is keeping it secret.

A side note, I will be operating Azza under her level 1 profile, with personality changes that will be applied during her next level update, but since stats and other things have to be approved, those will not take effect.

Inferno
02-17-11, 07:32 PM
This account or my other gale will offer service. :)

MetalDrago
02-18-11, 05:16 AM
This sounds most interesting

orphans
02-18-11, 05:49 PM
I should have said early to please state what the character would teach xD....

I can guess what from reading the profiles but, I don't want to make assumptions.

Amen
02-19-11, 06:37 PM
I...might be interested in this. I did a lot of research as to how medieval people would have used swords when I first designed Marcus Book, but I haven't really had a chance to explore his fighting style in any detail. This could be a cool exercise. Plus I'm trying to be more social, so this works all around.

I'm game, if you want Azza to fight two-handed with a longsword. Ha, honestly she's small enough that she would probably have to use two hands to swing around a normal-sized sword, regardless.

MetalDrago
02-19-11, 07:32 PM
Drago, of course, teaches both controlled swordplay (mostly katana style, as the curved swords, while a tad on the heavy side, are very useful) and feral swordplay (a similar form of swordplay in which the user moves unpredictably and attacks with his full power)

Inferno
02-19-11, 08:25 PM
Axe play and swordplay, a little hand to hand. Also some basic elemental stuff. They also are both living near the Ixian Castle at a tavern, so we got a good basis to meet. :)

orphans
02-21-11, 06:37 PM
Thank you to everyone who responded (and some who pmed)!

Amen, I think we can work something out as your character has little connection with the Ixian Knights, from a foreign land (with even a slight hate for those who are Coronic) and would also give us both a chance to explore fighting styles in detail!

Only thing is that you have to promise that we finish ~ !

orphans
04-02-11, 12:51 PM
Amen, the quest has been made here (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?22609-Prudence&p=181959#post181959).