PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Need Support?

Resator O'Caariel
04-07-11, 05:13 AM
I'm new to Althanas, so I hope you'll forgive me while I flounder about for a bit.

I was curious, however, as to whether or not anyone in the community needed or wanted another participant in a new or ongoing story? Or, perhaps someone was interested in beginning a battle? Regardless, I'm looking forward to writing here and I would love to get started as quickly as I can.

Thanks for the help!

Azrael
04-07-11, 06:13 AM
Welcome to Althanas. :) Actually, a battle sounds cool! If you want me as an opponent, just message me any time!

Yari Rafanas
04-07-11, 06:26 AM
If your profile is any indication of what you're capable of, you should fit right in with somebody's story, once somebody from the RoG approves you. Welcome to the site. Bring your friends :]

Silence Sei
04-07-11, 07:22 AM
The Ixian Knights are always looking for new recruits, and once I get my butt in gear, we'll be starting our second chapter to the Mystic War. If you're interested that is.

Resator O'Caariel
04-07-11, 12:39 PM
Wow. I didn't expect such a warm greeting, truth be told - it's refreshing to have people genuinely interested in writing with you on a new site! That being said, let's get down to business:

Azrael, I'd love to construct a battle with you. Would you like to make the first post, or should I?

Yari - I'm assuming that was a compliment, but I may be wrong. If so, thank you! Interestingly enough I don't have a whole lot of friends who write as I do, but if I come across any I'll be sure to push them this way. By RoG I'm assuming you mean the Realms of Greeting (still getting the hang of this), and if so then I believe the staffer of which you speak has already given me the thumbs up.

Silence, would it be possible for you to link me to some information concerning the Ixian Knights and the Mystic War? I'm incredibly interested in this.

Thanks again, everyone! As always, anyone can send me a Private Message with any questions or requests for assistance in an ongoing quest, battle, or whatever else have you.

Jack Frost
04-07-11, 12:56 PM
I've read your profile and am thoroughly impressed.
Tell me, where is the house of O’Caariel located?

Breaker
04-07-11, 12:58 PM
If you're looking to battle, the Dansdel (http://www.althanas.com/world/forumdisplay.php?291-Dansdel) offers the best rewards.

Resator O'Caariel
04-07-11, 02:33 PM
In response to Jack Frost - as my very first post in Starry Night (within the Peaceful Promenade) clarifies, Resator isn't originally from Althanas. His world is comparable, yet explicitly lacking any sort of magic. Well, mostly. That being said, House O'Caariel is located in Hammerfeld, a peaceful and feudalistic human society in the world of Armagon (my own, alternate dimension, if you will).

And 016573 - Aha! Rewards are good, I would think. How do I get involved in Dansdel?

Wynken
04-07-11, 02:35 PM
My very first post in Starry Night (within the Peaceful Promenade) clarifies, Resator isn't originally from Althanas.
And a fantastic introductory post it is.

Welcome to Althanas!

Resator O'Caariel
04-07-11, 02:41 PM
Haha! Thanks, Wynken, I appreciate it. I don't know if I'd say it's "fantastic" per se, but I definitely enjoyed writing it. I apologize for jumping into the thread without any warning, but I felt that an "Open" roleplay that had just barely begun would be a perfect steal. Also, please forgive me if I took too many liberties with your previous post - I'm simply attempting to build.

I also felt like including all of that introductory bit for my character was necessary, since it wasn't in his backstory. I really hope no one feels like it interrupted the flow of the roleplay - and if so, just let me know. I'm just trying to improve, here.

Wynken
04-07-11, 02:44 PM
No problem at all. I'm sure that Taelar won't mind adding another, as he's just getting started here as well. I'm interested to see what he comes up with. I didn't have a clear direction in mind when I introduced the barbarian to the thread. It'll be fun to come up with a way to tie our three characters into a little quest here.

Taelar
04-07-11, 03:55 PM
Definitely! Welcome, welcome, and I'm looking forward to seeing how our bit of impromptu fun goes. *rubs hands together.*

orphans
04-07-11, 06:27 PM
At work, wanted to say welcome (and ooo, magical crone flinging Sir Knight into a realm of magic), and watch your coin purse in the taverns :D

Resator O'Caariel
04-07-11, 07:57 PM
Hey! Again, thank you guys so much. I really appreciate the warm welcome!

Thank you for letting me be a part of the story, Taelar. I'm looking forward to the adventure!

And thanks orphans - I'll do my best, heh.

Azrael
04-07-11, 08:47 PM
Azrael, I'd love to construct a battle with you. Would you like to make the first post, or should I?

I'm finishing some other stuff on my end, so if you want to get things started quicker, then you should probably make the first post. :) Glad you're getting a good welcome! Just means you obviously have a looot of potential on this site.

Resator O'Caariel
04-07-11, 08:56 PM
Will do! I'll have a post up for you shortly, sir.

Breaker
04-07-11, 09:24 PM
In response to Jack Frost - as my very first post in Starry Night (within the Peaceful Promenade) clarifies, Resator isn't originally from Althanas. His world is comparable, yet explicitly lacking any sort of magic. Well, mostly. That being said, House O'Caariel is located in Hammerfeld, a peaceful and feudalistic human society in the world of Armagon (my own, alternate dimension, if you will).

And 016573 - Aha! Rewards are good, I would think. How do I get involved in Dansdel?

It's quite simple, you just make your battle in that forum :) make sure to read the rules and information guide, but that's pretty much all there is to it.

Resator O'Caariel
04-07-11, 10:10 PM
http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?22626-A-Test-of-Mettle-Azrael-versus-Resator&p=182112#post182112

There it is, for your reading pleasure, Azrael! I'm looking forward to it.

You should be warned - I will be incapable of posting in this battle over the course of the weekend. My schedule during the weekends is simply too hectic to work with. However, I assure you I will make up for such with rapid posts throughout the night and the coming week, if you should respond in kind.

May the best writer win!

Azrael
04-08-11, 11:25 AM
Same here! Weekends are hectic for me as well. I will post as soon as I can though. Good luck, and please go easy on me. :)

Resator O'Caariel
04-12-11, 01:09 PM
Sorry, everyone, for not having post as of yet in this new week. I ended up helping a friend out and am now scheduled to present my Senior Thesis a week early, so I'm fervently working on that (since doing so makes or breaks me graduating).

I will do my absolute best to post tonight, but if not, just know that I'm sorry - and that I haven't run off!

EDIT: Well, ladies and gents, I am finally back in action! Senior Thesis is completed (and with a glorious catharsis subsequently following), and as such I am more than ready to jump back into the literary universe.

Thank you all so very much for your patience and understanding. I will endeavor to make your wait more than worthwhile!