PDA

View Full Version : Letho's Blitz: The Premiere

Letho
04-11-11, 12:47 PM
So I've been thinking, mostly about how much I'm not writing at the moment. And it occurred to me that the last time I did write anything worth the salt was in The Cell. And I came to a conclusion that one of the main reasons was the time constriction, I had to post and that was sort of the whip at my back, forcing some inspiration out. So I decided to try and replicate that. And so we have Letho's Blitz.

The rules are simple and rather similar to The Cell in a way that it is required of all participants to post once every 24 hours. The difference is that this won't be a battle, but a quest, since I find battles without some serious history behind them repetitive and boring, and about as interesting as a Final Fantasy X random encounter. Also you're not eliminated for not posting in time. Instead you lose a quarter of your gold stash. And the next time you don't post in time you lose another quarter. And the third and last time you don't post in time, your character dies a gruesome death and you are eliminated. The gold is split between other players at the end of the thread. The eventual death you deal with any way you like. If you don't want to deal with reviving your character somehow, just disregard the events of the quest completely, I don't really care. Lastly, you get one "get out of the jail free" card, meaning you can miss the deadline for one time and one time only. But please try to notify your fellow writers in time that you won't be posting so they can get their posts up in time.

Now, I would need at least two more people for this, preferably people who I haven't wrote with yet. The reason for this is twofold: 1./ This will be a rather simple action-oriented quest and I don't want to deal with like three pages of history between characters just yet; 2./ I just want to write with some people I haven't wrote with before. But if there's no interest, I'll take just about anybody, I'm not picky.

Lastly, staying true to the name, this should be done in week and a half, two weeks tops. The theme of the first Blitz is good ole zombie slaughter, or something along those lines. I have the opening post written already and I'll be posting it later today should there be people interested in participating.

And yes, Elrundir, I know. I owe you a post. If I manage to get some momentum off of this, you'll be seeing it soon. :P

Breaker
04-11-11, 01:09 PM
Definitely interested, I'd be willing to bring it with Josh or any of my alternates. We've never finished anything together (unless you count my semi-participation in the cell) so I figured there's a chance I could qualify for both conditions.

If you'd rather write with some of the newer members instead, that's all cool too. I'm sure this thread will be ripe with hopefuls shortly. It'll be good to see you active IC again.

Duffy
04-11-11, 02:03 PM
I have a vague fondness for the massacring of zombies, so I am interested if you'll have me?

It would be with Blank or Cydnar, mind, Duffy doesn't like to get his pantaloons too dirty!

Amen
04-11-11, 05:18 PM
Sure, I'm in if you'll have me.

Relt PeltFelter
04-11-11, 05:57 PM
Permit me to submit my interest at this proposal. I don't believe we've written together before, and I am currently, lamentably questless. Action! Danger! Et cetera.

Enigmatic Immortal
04-11-11, 05:57 PM
I want in, but only if you'll have me.

Letho
04-11-11, 06:31 PM
Thanks to everyone for applying. I picked one name I don't know and one I do; Relt Peltfelter and Duffy. Numbers, I'll probably need you in the next Blitz (if this one proves successful) and if the rest of you are still interested by then, there will probably be open spots.

Anyways, the thread can be found here (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?22650-Deluge-of-the-Dead&p=182249#post182249). You can come to be in the town any way you like really, just as long as you don't know much about the situation at hand either. A possible opening could be the fact that the local Marshal would've sent a messenger or two, seeking aid. But whatever works for you works for me. A word of warning: plenty of rust on the good ole writing cogs of mine.

Relt PeltFelter
04-11-11, 07:07 PM
Sounds like a plan, buddy. I'll post shortly.

Cydnar
04-12-11, 12:21 AM
Thanking you, and with that, first post is arrived yay!

Elrundir
04-13-11, 09:23 PM
And yes, Elrundir, I know. I owe you a post. If I manage to get some momentum off of this, you'll be seeing it soon. :P
Well, if it's a whip at your back you need, I'm sure I can find something lying around the house. ;p

Duffy
04-14-11, 07:01 AM
Response will be up today, mark my words, first, job-hunting!

Letho
04-14-11, 01:58 PM
No prob. I got us into the Town Hall with the sun just about gone. So shit is about to start flying soon. You could maybe mention some stirring in your posts, sounds coming from the basement or something along those lines. Or just go with whatever you feel appropriate, I don't really care as long as we're having fun. :)

Breaker
04-16-11, 04:36 PM
Just wanted to drop in and say... great to see you writing again Letho. I'm denying my desire to read along so as not to tarnish the possibility of judging this :P

Also I'm thinking of stealing your "Blitz" rules for the first big training forum event... or at least using a modified version. It's a cool concept, like semi-competitive RP.

Letho
04-17-11, 11:48 AM
Well, let's not get ahead of ourselves. I'm still dragging my feet, as Duffy and Relt can most likely confirm, so I'm not really back yet. Sort of put my foot in the water, hoping it's not too cold. :P

As for the Blitz, I ran into some snags with the rules myself, so I edited them a bit after talking to Relt and Duffy. The problem was mostly with what happens when people skip their turn and how it influences the posting schedule. If you want, I can send you some more info on the issues so you can iron it out if you plan to use something similar.

Breaker
04-17-11, 12:52 PM
I'd appreciate your ideas on the blitz, but probably in a week or two rather than right now. At that point I'll be more prepared to add new stuff, right now I'm still ironing the kinks out of the approvals system.

Sort of put my foot in the water, hoping it's not too cold. :P

For some reason that made me picture Letho approaching the zombie masses with a similar attitude :P

Duffy
04-19-11, 07:48 AM
Balls, thought it was Rel's turn - I'm on it!

Relt PeltFelter
04-19-11, 10:11 AM
Haha, no worries dude. I just thought you were super busy, and so I waited patiently for my turn to follow yours. Maybe we need some specific mechanism to remember turns; a digital baton to pass or something.

Duffy
04-19-11, 11:13 AM
Letho sending angry PM's at me has worked so far...

Letho
04-19-11, 11:58 AM
Haha, I certainly didn't mean it as such. But I guess there's no nice way to tells somebody you're going to kill them if they don't post. ;)

Relt PeltFelter
04-19-11, 11:43 PM
Posted, bros. It's all yours, Letho. PM me if anything is unclear or whatever; I'm still in total collaboration mode from my last thread, so the more input from you guys the better, if you're able to.

Duffy
04-20-11, 01:55 AM
*generic I'll proof read after posting disclaimer.

It's hotting up gentleman :).

Letho
04-20-11, 12:03 PM
Due to some circumstances, I'm not going to make today's deadline. Meaning both of you just got about 500 GP richer. ;)

Duffy
04-20-11, 12:19 PM
I'd celebrate if we had a working bazaar to spend it on, but thanking you ;).

Relt PeltFelter
04-27-11, 12:06 AM
Okay so what's happening, guys? Are we on a hiatus, or have things stalled due to Real Man's Real Life issues? What's the score, bro-dawgs?

Letho
04-27-11, 01:11 AM
I figured I'd give us a break over the Easter weekend, but it's Wednesday now and Duffy still hasn't posted. I figure that's enough of a grace period, so it seems we'll have to continue without him. Sorry, Duffman. :( Do you want to bunny him into death or should I? Either way, feel free to post next whenever you can.

Relt PeltFelter
04-27-11, 02:03 AM
Ha, well, no bigs. When I post next, I'll give him a gentleman's exit. Involving biting. It was a pleasure working with you while it lasted, guv.

Duffy
04-27-11, 03:04 AM
I didn't post because YOU didn't post, stupid system! Lol.

Be gentle with Cydnar :p.

Yari Rafanas
04-27-11, 03:11 AM
Now I feel like I just indirectly murdered Duffy by having him post in my thread.

Revenge is sweet.

Relt PeltFelter
04-27-11, 03:14 AM
Oh, T-Dawg. Shine on, you crazy douchebag.

Also don't worry Duffs, whatever's left of Cydnar will probably be dealt with very gently.

Miyako
04-27-11, 11:59 AM
mmm... just viewing from an outside perspective. Maybe should play a game of PM tag? Just to send a small offline message of "tag" or something?

Though... seeing someone gummed on by a potentially toothless zombie does float in through my mind as well...

Letho
04-28-11, 01:56 AM
Dunno, three people is not such a great number to get easily lost in the posting order. It should be pretty easy to keep track of who's next. If neither of the previous two posts is yours, then it's your turn to post, unless there's a change in the posting order or an agreement of some sort. Also, an inbox of only 50 messages gets clogged up pretty fast. :P

Duffy
04-28-11, 03:02 AM
It's blood through the veins now gentlemen, good luck!