PDA

View Full Version : What is Mine - Quest Recruiting thread!

Yari Rafanas
04-24-11, 05:14 AM
There are rumors circulating through Underwood, particularly the shadier parts, that one of the Watch's scouts was bested in a hand of cards, losing in the process some rather valuable military information. Not being a wise gambler, the scout had been liberated of reports detailing some very interesting Imperial movement. The man who won the records, known around the Peaceful Promenade as the Swindler, seemed rather pleased with his prize, and immediately set out in spreading word of his victory. With it, he shared a invitation that would pique the interest of any scoundrel in the nearby vicinity.

“Goodnight, Promenade! Riches, fame, and hopefully women await yours truly!”

The conman left his seat at the crowded bar and proceeded upstairs to his room, leaving behind a small scrap of paper at his table. Carved into the dark wood of the tabletop was a sharp, stylized B, (http://www.althanas.com/world/image.php?groupid=12&dateline=1295675642) followed by an arrow pointing to the small parchment. “Suite 2” was scribbled hurriedly onto the paper, followed by the Akashiman characters for the same phrase. It was n arrogant gesture, one that the Swindler hoped would be almost a bit too ridiculous for the greediest of Underwood's patrons to pass up.

Alright, I'm looking for 3 other players, hopefully the morally-grey, or greedy thief types to join the Swindler on a quest involving infiltrating an Imperial outpost. The details of which will be explained in character, and I hope to use this NPC to create situations where the 3 players playing will have a heavy influence on how we accomplish the mission.

This thread will tie into the Corone War and Yari's personal story. I'm going to just leave the thread OPEN! First come, first serve. Don't worry about posting here for approval, just post!

HERE: http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?22718-What-is-Mine&p=182698#post182698

Duffy
04-24-11, 05:15 AM
Morally grey?

Thief?

Oh hello thar!

Yari Rafanas
04-24-11, 05:17 AM
The thread:

http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?22718-What-is-Mine&p=182698#post182698

Arden
04-24-11, 07:20 AM
Thus the game is afoot.

If there's any issue with my post, feel free to PM Duffy and I'll get right on it - this already has me mightily intrigued!

Hysteria
04-24-11, 10:28 AM
Yoink!

(am writing post as you read... unless you read this as soon as I post it, in which case I am probably reading the thread. Or if you read this way after I post, in which case, POSTED! But rest assured for that middle band, I am writing :D )

Yari Rafanas
04-24-11, 02:14 PM
Oh snap, the Scourge and Brotherhood in the same room.

Duffy
04-24-11, 02:24 PM
If your character knows who the Scourge are then he will assuredly know that Blank is The Hound, second in the Scourge only to the Master...

Though the choice in that is entirely yours. He is there to help, mind, and maybe offer something mutually beneficial.

Yari Rafanas
04-24-11, 02:28 PM
He won't know much of them, but right now you're really getting me thinking about his background in Akashima. Have to make this crap authentic and you're putting on the pressure! :P

Duffy
04-24-11, 02:33 PM
Haha.

Arden's a distant relation to Lillith, and the Kazumi are a tribe of Spirit Warders.

They sold Lillith to Scara Brae nobility when she was younger and Blank is exiled from Akashima because of conflict with his father...so they're Akashiman only in passing.

No need to Google a Japanese thesaurus :p.

Yari Rafanas
04-24-11, 02:49 PM
He wouldn't know the Scourge. Too tied up in all his business in Corone.

K, I'll probably wait for 2 more people to pop in before posting again.

Hysteria
04-24-11, 11:34 PM
That was odd, I swore I posted my response but it wasn't there. Well, it there now :)

The Soulforged
04-24-11, 11:45 PM
I accept this offer of an open quest without posting here first!

This post was two minutes later, according to the Althanas clock. Let me know if you'd like me to change anything.

Yari Rafanas
04-25-11, 04:00 AM
Loving the interest, guys. I'll post soon.

Hysteria
04-26-11, 09:35 AM
I have a sneaking suspicion this is going to end with Blank, Seed and Talen fleeing from an angry Yari.... I like it!

Oh, and I'll wait for Duff to post before I will :D

Duffy
04-26-11, 09:45 AM
I will have a post up today for sure.

Arden
04-26-11, 10:01 AM
Posted, in fact.

I will tweak it later this evening when I am able to sit down properly.

Don't take the dagger too seriously, it's more to assert his honour and to be shot of it at the same time (he has little use for trinkets).

Yari Rafanas
04-26-11, 02:14 PM
Maybe Yari will show up in a few moments? Maybe he won't show up at all. :O

The Soulforged
04-26-11, 03:45 PM
I'll wait for Talen to post then, and keep the order. Seems like the right thing to do. And Seed has absolutely no intention of running from an angry Yari!

He'll trip one of you, and then run! That's called tactics! Hee hee hee.

Yari Rafanas
05-02-11, 04:01 AM
Sorry for that slight delay. It doesn't matter who or in what order (as I don't believe we need to keep a posting order up) but I need somebody to introduce a few angry Watchmen crashing the pow wow of thieves. We can then take their lives or jet into the woods, but the end result must be an escape into Concordia where we can head out on the mission

Duffy
05-02-11, 05:58 AM
Don't mind if I do :).

Yari Rafanas
05-02-11, 06:41 AM
Violence! AWWWW YEEEEEEEEAH

Yari Rafanas
05-08-11, 03:52 AM
Alright, sorry for the delay guys. I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things but once again, I need the next poster to set us up a bit. Naturally, it seems like Duffy should grab the spot and bunny us all into traveling through the night towards a northern trading route, leading from Jadet to the mining camp discussed earlier. I can then set up the intercept plot and we can get into action... unless during the course of their escape and run into the woods the group has changed its mind.

Duffy
05-08-11, 04:11 AM
Will do, to the trees we go!

(But first, to Tesco...)

Duffy
05-08-11, 01:15 PM
Hit me up on AIM if there's any questions (any of you), that should see us through the introduction I hope!

Yari Rafanas
05-08-11, 03:53 PM
Great post, Duffman. Now that I've described the battleground, somebody introduce the wagon. No officials on board, but it's important we describe their white cloaks and helmets in the post so we have something to disguise ourselves with.

The Soulforged
05-09-11, 03:03 AM
Well then Talen, would you like this one, or would you care to leave it up to Seed's particular brand of ingenuity? I'll even start the show on a high note, if you all would like.

Yari Rafanas
05-15-11, 02:25 AM
Very Joker-ish, Seed. I like it.

Hysteria
05-16-11, 10:51 PM
Post is up, apologies for tardiness.

The Soulforged
05-17-11, 03:02 AM
Well thanks for the compliment! I aim to please.

Duffy
05-17-11, 04:23 AM
Damn, is it on me again already?

*Incoherent grumbling*.

Arden
05-20-11, 02:39 AM
Righty ho, I'll wrap up the epic duel with the lug-head of a guard in my next post. I didn't want to drag it out too long and do too much in one go.

Yari Rafanas
05-20-11, 04:49 AM
Sounds good. I'll reply soon.

Yari Rafanas
05-22-11, 12:04 AM
So now all that remains are the few soldiers you guys are fighting and the runaway wagon. We can either stop the wagon and work out the complicated disguise option (maybe one of the 4 can pretend to a prisoner who survived in a battle with some bandits) or the wagon can get away, and we can hop onto it and have a high speed hijacking. Or maybe have the wagon get away completely and then the camp knows we're coming. I'm leaving this point up to you 3 to decide.

Duffy
05-22-11, 04:10 AM
You write as good as that and give us options?

*Goes giddy* Stop Mr Rafanas! *Faints*.

Yari Rafanas
05-22-11, 04:35 AM
If only we could replay threads for different endings! OH WHAT FUN

The Soulforged
05-23-11, 05:25 AM
Oh yes, I can see it now. The alternate ending of What Is Mine. Complete with giddyness AND a member of the cast fainting over Mr. Rafanas.

(Insert shifty eyes here)

My my. How Althanas has...changed.

Yari Rafanas
05-23-11, 05:34 AM
Here I thought you were too much fun to be true, Seed. Have I played with you before?

The Soulforged
05-23-11, 05:46 AM
You know, I honestly can't tell if you mean that in the "have we written together before sense" or in the more...vulgar sense.

What the hell. I'll answer both.

I don't think I've written with you before, I don't often write group quests as I have a terrible streak of people never finishing them. I usually only write with people I know personally (that way I can rag on 'em). Though, I've done one or two with my Sheex account, so anythings possible. I don't know, how drunk was I?

On the more vulgar side....I hope I wasn't THAT drunk.

Yari Rafanas
05-23-11, 05:51 AM
Well luckily for you, I finish my shit.

Also, it appears the answer is no to both questions. First time for everything, though.

The Soulforged
05-23-11, 05:59 AM
Tsk. Such a shame I ain't the fainting type.

Geez, all this fun and I forgot the reason this thread existed! Methinks it's either my or Talen's turn to post, so what'll it be gents? A high speed chase? A botched plan? A bit o' trickery? What say you? Or will we be leaving it to Seed, and his unique talents?

Duffy
05-23-11, 06:00 AM
The ball is uniquely in your burning court.

Yari Rafanas
05-23-11, 06:06 AM
Yeah, it would seem Mr. Seed gets to determine the pace now.

The Soulforged
05-23-11, 06:15 AM
Oh what fun! Give me a day or so, and I promise an inventive solution to this wonderful dilemma!

The Soulforged
05-23-11, 07:22 AM
You know, come to think of it, I don't believe I solved the problem at all. But hey, I like myself a mishap now and then. Oh, and should you wish me to edit it Yari (should you not want to tag along for the ride), I'll happily do so.

But, you know it'll be more fun if you do.

Duffy
05-23-11, 07:48 AM
You are off your trolley, but I love you all the same :).

Yari Rafanas
05-23-11, 03:59 PM
I am definitely down with having Swindler dragged behind the wagon as it takes off. He'll get a grasp of a handle or something and pull himself up in a minute, but if whoever posts next wants to either stop the wagon or let it get away, that'd be awesome. If it got away, what if we got split up?

Only potential issue I see with that, is that I doubt loyalties are strong enough between the four to cause the other two to go after them.

Duffy
05-23-11, 04:24 PM
Blank is loyal to a fault, especially to a job or assignment.

Also, he is here on an assignment from the Tantalum, so he'll be legging it after you covered in blood if needs be ;).

Hysteria
05-25-11, 09:57 AM
Will post now, oh what fun we are having ^.^

EDIT:
The chase is on!

Lillith
05-25-11, 11:52 AM
Damn...back on me is it?

I'm in free-form mode so between finishing off Tenpuru and writing 4 character updates between now and the sunny side of Monday, you can count on a post from Arden.

Arden
05-27-11, 04:05 PM
Well, looks like Blank is skipping after the wagon on foot. Most undignified.

I'll catch up next post :). This is great fun guys, keep it up!

The Soulforged
05-29-11, 01:41 AM
Well, it wouldn't be very fun if we all made it onto the wagon. I'm simply dying to make a "Run Forest! Run!" joke.

Yari Rafanas
05-30-11, 05:09 AM
You can make your joke now, Seed. And while Saka is questioning Shadow, anybody can chime in on this next spot... but Duffy said that Arden has a way of clearing this stuff up, so I think we should leave it to him when it's his turn. I'll then write something about us all getting in the armor and approach the next scene.

Hysteria
06-07-11, 11:48 AM
Apologies for the short post, but with really the only thing to do being changing cloths, it seemed a better read to skip it. Yari, you can describe Talen as wearing a helmet with the visor down if you like. He'd er... dematerialise the mask while no one was looking (as with his normal cloths) if that comes up at all.

Yari Rafanas
06-09-11, 04:38 AM
Alright, this weekend I should be able to get a post up here to bring us into the third act of the quest. I'll be bunnying everybody into the camp and into costume, so if you have any requests like Talen made please let me know soon. (Also all 3 of you should check out the Corone War stuff we're launching[/shamelessplug]

Hysteria
06-29-11, 08:06 AM
Did I break our thread? :'(

Yari Rafanas
06-29-11, 04:19 PM
No, I did. My apologies to those involved, but I am behind in all my duties as a player and a staff member. I'll only be posting in the war thread I'm in (when needed) for the next couple weeks. RL complications. I will revive this thread and finish it though, ASAP. We're so close to the end.

Duffy
06-29-11, 05:28 PM
No worries, Yari. I can't say owt, just got a job that will make my eyes bleed, so take your time :).

Hysteria
06-30-11, 05:45 AM
Me too, my job is like sticking pins into my eyes, then watching the Titanic. But I got my first paycheck today, so yeah, spending splurg coming up :D

The Soulforged
07-04-11, 11:22 PM
Psha! I have nothing to do but spend time on Althanas! To hell with real life I say!

So yeah, that's a total lie. A bit of a break is a welcomed relief actually. Take your time.