PDA

View Full Version : To all the new folks

SandStorm
05-10-11, 11:07 PM
In the past two days I have approved 4 new character profiles. I am creating this thread for you new folks, or even the older folks of the site, to discuss any goals your characters have and so that you guys can possibly jump into something together. Don't be shy fellas, just fire away with any quest thoughts you have and hopefully another newcomer can join in and help with your first thread as an... Althanian? Haha.

Welcome to the site guys!

Rhiannon has left this thread open for anyone who wants to get their hands dirty: Time Crisis (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?22796-Time-Crisis&p=183476#post183476)

Rhiannon
05-10-11, 11:49 PM
Time Crises thread is Open to any of those new members who wish to partake in a new journey/quest. That goes for non-new people as well ^_^

SandStorm
05-11-11, 12:36 AM
Any ideas as to the direction you want this thread to go? Will it just be a general introduction of your character to Althanas, and the town of Underwood, or what?

Enigmatic Immortal
05-11-11, 02:52 AM
i'm intrigued with your quest, if you'd have me, but i prefer 3 people max on a quest

Rhiannon
05-12-11, 06:35 PM
Well with Time Crises is a quest of Rhiannon learning about the World of Althanas and trying to rebuild the portal which brought her, with the help of Lazzo to build it. This means they'll likely have to go on some sort of quest to find the things they may need to replicate the machinery.

What or who they may run into can vary. She did only kill one cyborg after all ;)

And if you wish to throw some obstacles at us that is fine as well.

Rhiannon
05-12-11, 06:43 PM
i'm intrigued with your quest, if you'd have me, but i prefer 3 people max on a quest

If you are interested in Time Crises you're welcome to join. You'd go past your limit but I'll close the thread if you were to join. 4 members is plenty.

I just wanted this to be an opportunity for us new folk. Having one experienced player wouldn't hurt.

Lazzo
05-13-11, 12:51 AM
Four is fine. I would be okay with it. Just to clarify, Rhiannon and I know each other outside of the internet, so a lot of the main plot as been kind of hastily scaffolded. I'm sure Rhiannon would be up for some suggestions, (I am) so don't let that stop you.

Duffy
05-13-11, 02:24 AM
What are the Izzet Guild doing on Althanas? :p.

Yari Rafanas
05-13-11, 03:01 AM
What are the Izzet Guild doing on Althanas? :p.

Who cares? They should bring their friends ;]

Lazzo
05-13-11, 10:53 AM
There's a couple similarities between Lazzo and the Izzet. Besides you know, the same number of letters and repeating Z's. Also didn't help that Niv-Mizzet is my favorite card in the game. I will say, though, I always conceptualize my character before I pick my avatar, not vice versa.

Duffy
05-13-11, 04:30 PM
I didn't mean to offend, given half my characters are inspired by FF9 I'm a poor judge of creativity. It's good to see people drawing on sources and crafting them anew :).

And Orzhov will claim your life blood for the good of the church ;).

Rhiannon
05-13-11, 05:19 PM
Don't feel bad, Duffy. I plan on Rhiannon learning the art of the Gunblade as soon as I can :p

Duffy
05-13-11, 05:23 PM
Letho beat you to it alonnngggg time ago (caus' he's well old!)

Lazzo
05-13-11, 05:42 PM
Yeah. No offense was taken. Another character in my head could probably be classified under Orzhov. Maybe I'll even use that guildmage.

Macabre
05-13-11, 06:55 PM
I wield a nasty gunblade.

[/pointlesspost]

Rhiannon
05-13-11, 10:19 PM
Teach Rhiannon the art haha

Letho
05-14-11, 09:46 AM
Letho beat you to it alonnngggg time ago (caus' he's well old!)To be perfectly honest, I myself was beaten to it by this one dude called Rayne of Fire, I believe or something like that. But his gunblade was totally gay, had some plasma discharge bullshit instead of actually an operating gun as a part of the weapon. Plus, I hated that guy. :rolleyes:

But yeah, sorry for the off topic post.

Rhiannon
05-14-11, 09:58 AM
What is the chance of learning from Letho to wield such a weapon?

Silence Sei
05-14-11, 10:34 AM
With his activity levels? Next to none.

Now Enigmatic Immortal may be able to teach you how to use it.

And of note, RoF was also beaten to it by someone who made a profile soon after ff8 was released. Can't recall the name though.

Yari Rafanas
05-14-11, 03:12 PM
That was 1999, Sei. Y2k was upon us. Was Althanas even around back then or was it the I.V.?

Rhiannon
05-14-11, 06:19 PM
Someone will teach me I'm sure. If not, I'll end up training myself.

Silence Sei
05-14-11, 10:12 PM
.....Althanas is 10 years old, so we were the IV back at AllRPG back then.

Yari Rafanas
05-14-11, 10:40 PM
I thought it was called the IW when it was at Allrpg. I guess I did join a little while into it all. I'm confident I joined after FFX. Anyway, derailing this poor thread even further, but whatever.

Noobies, please don't bother trying to understand grumpy old veteran talk and just try to have fun :)

Lazzo
05-14-11, 11:22 PM
Haha. Lets see. I first rolled up a character in... 02? Christ it couldn't have been that long ago....

I never really made it anywhere, forgot about it and always came back BEFORE crashes and character wipes, got frustrated and quit. But I'm back!

EDIT: I distinctly remember Yari being the top dog. I don't remember what level, but you were on top!

Rhiannon
05-14-11, 11:26 PM
I was around a little after LAzzo. I think my very first character was a gladiator.. Then Operation 13, a robotic armed Gorilla that was super intelligent. Once had a gunmage before the site crashed. None of the characters really got anywhere.

Lazzo
05-15-11, 01:47 AM
You know, I'm asking this question anyways because this is the random newbie thread. What are those spiders it says are logged in?

Yari Rafanas
05-15-11, 01:51 AM
Basically just robots prowling the board, indexing new updates to the site and anything that is happening. They also show up when another site is tracking what links placed on their site. For example, if you link a thread on Facebook, there's bound to be a Facebook spider on the site only a few short moments later.

Lazzo
05-15-11, 02:32 AM
So are they good or bad?

Yari Rafanas
05-15-11, 02:34 AM
These are the types of spiders you don't want to light on fire.

Relian Tydonus
05-24-11, 04:50 AM
Just gonna throw my name in the mix here. Relian is basically just a guy that got bored and found his way to Althanas so any quest that seems exciting and rewarding would be welcome to him. He is also a skilled swordsman if Rhiannon is still seeking a trainer... though he isn't really the instructor type.

Christina Bredith
05-24-11, 06:06 AM
What is the chance of learning from Letho to wield such a weapon?
Dibs. Dibs! I'm sure I called dibs on this like three years ago.

Jack Frost
05-24-11, 12:52 PM
I have a new character "insanity's call" I just made. I'm gonna do two opening solos and then start working with others. He's gonna be pretty evil, but I'm not gonna ally with any PGs yet.

Hysteria
05-27-11, 10:24 AM
To be perfectly honest, I myself was beaten to it by this one dude called Rayne of Fire, I believe or something like that. But his gunblade was totally gay, had some plasma discharge bullshit instead of actually an operating gun as a part of the weapon. Plus, I hated that guy. :rolleyes:

But yeah, sorry for the off topic post.

Not all of us are allowed real guns :(

Hauntologist
05-27-11, 05:45 PM
how active is this place, really?

Silence Sei
05-27-11, 05:50 PM
That really depends. It's summer, and we're going to take on a new initiative bringing old members back soon. Usually, we have about 3-4 actually IC threads posted in a day, now how many posts varies, but I'd say that's about the norm.

Also depends on who you quest with/battle

Lord Anglekos
05-27-11, 06:07 PM
how active is this place, really?
I would look in the "Who's active?" thread. Personally, I'm a quite active member myself, and both Sei and Duffy have about a million threads going on at once. Like he said, it all depends.

Visla Eraclaire
05-27-11, 10:56 PM
The honest answer is that it isn't active at all. A few scattered remnants cling desperately to the scraps of what once was. Of course, it doesn't even deserve that kind of romanticized language because "what once was" was just a goddamned web forum.

Hysteria
05-28-11, 12:44 AM
Not all of us are quite as... well I'm not sure what Visla is.

There are enough people to have fun, I think that's all that matters.

Duffy
05-28-11, 01:35 AM
It's not as active as it could be, but it does go through sporadic phases of intense activity before dying down into the embers of the embattled veterans clinging to the prospect of another level.

Give it hope, dive into a thread or two, and use it as the creative outlet we all do and it'll be a rewarding enough experience :).

Yari Rafanas
05-28-11, 02:37 AM
The honest answer is that it isn't active at all. A few scattered remnants cling desperately to the scraps of what once was. Of course, it doesn't even deserve that kind of romanticized language because "what once was" was just a goddamned web forum.
Why don't you come play a little, Visla? It'd be fun. :]

Arden
05-28-11, 06:00 AM
I would give my right arm and a slither of my left leg to have Visla write with us again.