PDA

View Full Version : We'll Kill Them All! Even If They Are Already Dead!

Knave
05-11-11, 10:49 PM
Level – 2

Name: Dark Stone of Orox

Background: Orox was a competent, if lazy, necromancer. He created the Dark Stone which bears his name as a way to convert raw materials to fresh servants with little effort on his part. On the night of a full moon, the Dark Stone of Orox animates any intact bodies within a localized area as mindless zombies. Unfortunately for the Dark Stone’s last owner, the zombies aren’t under the bearers command and he was slain by the creatures he had recently raised. Now the Dark Stone lies in a field of the walking dead, adding random passersby to its masterless armada.

Tactics: Zombies raised by the Dark Stone are mindless and, unless controlled by an outside entity, attack the nearest living creature on sight. There is no preference to who is attacked, so several people might find themselves as targets at any given time.

Skills/Equipment/Abilities:
Zombie Horde – To ensure that his power wasn’t tasked often, Orox ensured that the Dark Stone could raise as many zombies as there were bodies. There are currently two dozen zombies around where the Dark Stone of Orox is.

Zombie Defense – So that he wouldn’t have to worry about the Dark Stone becoming broken, Orox imbued his magic item so that it couldn’t be harmed until all of the zombies in its proximity had been destroyed.

Score Needed to Defeat: 50

Reward:
100xp each, for removing such an evil item from Althanas.
-or if not destroyed-
300gp for laying claim to the magic item.
-or-
Shard of the Dark Stone: A fragment of the Dark Stone of Orox which allows the wielder to turn an intact dead body into a zombie permanently under their control during a full moon. Works once.

There comes a time where somethings are too much, and then you have to go around stabbing things until they shape up. Here we come to a problem where the undead are not simply walking, but are OWNING property! Now I know what some of you may be thinking, but I can assure you, the dead have no rights, or the ability to properly suffer, hence they are clearly not people. So here I am, eying this prize with and drinking in a bit of boredom like a vampire pretends to drink chianti, and I think to myself, "why not?"

So in an attempt to make this option work, I'd like to take up the game myself. There are prizes upon that board, and thus we know there to be incentive, and if those aren't enough the recent never ending craze over how much everyone loves and fears zombies should have everyone running to write about pitchforks and torches.

So who's with me? Who wants to stab some zombies in the face! Who wants to prove dead necromancers are the best kind? Are there any takers?

P.S.

As the rules state, anyone who doesn't post in seven days will terminate the thread. This means dedication the likes of which volunteers struggle to achieve. As such, the thread will NOT end in seven days, it will simply get smaller for very obvious reasons. ^_^

car'a'carn
05-12-11, 12:43 AM
I want that stone (I'm in if you want me)

Knave
05-12-11, 12:25 PM
Kickass, nice to see someone stepping up, you're new around these parts though, can you link me to some of the other things you've been up to on other sites?

Rhiannon
05-12-11, 01:43 PM
I'm looking for some work. If it takes some head bashing... then so be it. Have to find some way of making a life in this world that fate stuck me in.

Amen
05-13-11, 01:11 AM
I'm...hesitant to volunteer for another one of these since I already had one fall through due to inactivity.

On the other hand, I'd really like to be there when a boss finally goes down.

So uh...sure, I'll come if everybody's going to be active. Assuming you'd like me along.

car'a'carn
05-13-11, 02:05 AM
I don't think linking to old stuff will be any good. I haven't rp'ed in a LONG time, so I'll be rusty as hell.

Knave
05-13-11, 06:55 AM
Hmm, so as I see it, there are some would be applicants, and from this herd I shall cull a fine crew. Just keep in mind, the goal is that between the three of us, we've got to score a 50 between us and after posting regularly that should follow as our aim. Not to say don't have fun, just don't cut too many corners in the name of it.

I'm not going to discriminate about who gets in or not, I need people to start not finish. To this effect, rather than seven days, everyone has four, or they'll be fed to the zombies or casually knifed by some passing vagabond...as vagabonds are known to do...just appearing out of nowhere to knife a body. And just for the sake of it, the PC will be made into another zombie. ^_^

Fear not, everyone has choice of what is personally canon.

Rhiannon
05-13-11, 11:00 AM
I'm on the site daily checking things out so you don't have to worry about me being inactive and getting my brains tore out by mindless zombies. :)

Just give me a heads up if I'm selected to join you and let me know where the thread is at.

car'a'carn
05-13-11, 11:36 AM
I think I just threw in my own windows. If you don't pick me I'll read the thread anyway. I hope you turn it on to something nice

Knave
05-13-11, 07:32 PM
I'm not picking anyone, I'm just letting people walk in.

Just do your best, and don't disappear. Thats it, I won't ask for more than that.

You could have hot (cold, very cold) necromancer on zombie action for all I care (necromance), whatever floats your boat, just do it well.

Wait, no, don't do that, don't ever do that. -_-

Posting at all is the only commitment I'm asking. I've never thought of 50 as an unreasonable goal.

Rhiannon
05-13-11, 10:25 PM
Good deal. When do we start?

Knave
05-14-11, 12:44 AM
As soon as someone who manages the board gets down and says we can get busy.

Knave
05-17-11, 02:11 PM
The lone stranger stands atop his mountain, and from a great dash comes to a sudden stop as he lets cry! His voice rings with desperation, and all who hear, are in their souls aware!

"Hark! Attend, ye knaves! Tonight shall be the night when Zombies shall begin to fall! We have gained Revenant's permission!"

He then returns to hermitage to perform scholastic rituals, and engages in bouts of furious piracy!

Rhiannon
05-17-11, 02:35 PM
Good Deal.

car'a'carn
05-17-11, 04:02 PM
okay, let's get this show on the road. It's a B-type thread, what does that mean? Where can I find some info about the types of battles? Anyway, let's kill those darn zombies...

Knave
05-17-11, 04:39 PM
B type: Write and kill your own goddamned zombies!

I'm sitting here in the middle of economics... might as well work on the opening thread.

You can find more info in the Boss Battle area.

I like the enthusiasm, too.

Knave
05-17-11, 10:36 PM
The Dark Stone Of Orox( Open to Rhiannon, Car'a'carn, and Amen. THIS IS HAPPENING) (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?22820-We-are-going-to-do-this-dammit&p=183738#post183738)

Alright, thread is up, approval is go, lets get crackalaking.

Knave
05-19-11, 01:05 PM
Okay, now how do we want to do this? These being low level monsters...or at least not high level ones, they'll be something of a mob. The battlefield's already been chosen for us, but how we go about fighting the battle is up to us. I'm personally thinking of setting portions of the field on fire, but thats just me. Beyond this, are we going to extend this into a one or two part fight? Or take on all 24 at once? From the look of it, we've got enough brain power between the characters to employ plans.

Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk9oa_PiXAk

Amen
05-24-11, 04:13 PM
A heads-up: I have a fairly serious cold and I feel god-awful. I started a post but I'm not going to finish it today. Come hell or high water I'll finish it tomorrow.

Just didn't want to make anybody nervous about the deadline.

Knave
05-24-11, 04:53 PM
No problem, rest up and do the best you can. Barring any shenanigans, we should be on track to start the action.

car'a'carn
05-30-11, 10:57 AM
just a heads up:
a friend of mine died this weekend (in a car crash) I probably won't be posting these few days.

Rhiannon
05-30-11, 11:54 AM
Really sorry to hear about your loss. We hope to see you soon.