PDA

View Full Version : Looking for partner

Silcatra
06-01-11, 08:13 PM
I mentioned this in my greetings thread, but I'm going to go ahead and give this its own space so that I can get the details all hashed out and stuff.

My character has just been dropped onto Althanas from post-apocalyptic Earth circa 2100 or so. Maybe 2090. She's from a place where...eh. It's explained in my profile. In basic terms, she was a powerful person when she left, and now she's not. And she doesn't know where she is or how, exactly, she got here.

So I'm looking for somebody - ONE somebody - to introduce her to the general concept of Althanas. I already have the first couple of posts written up and ready to go, when my character gets approved, and I want to get up and running ASAP.

A few specifics, so that both of us can have mutual satisfaction in this thread:

I don't have a specific plot, I don't have a big bad figured out or a fight plotted. I don't mind if you show her around the bazaar or sit her down for a drink in some seedy tavern, just so long as by the end of the thread, she knows where she is and what sorts of things she might run into. I don't care if these things are exaggerated or understated, I just want her to get her bearings.

I have this set in Corone[REDACTED AFTER HAVING CHECKED THE MAP]. Specifically, Gisela.

I'm looking for someone with a relatively quick turnaround, a response every day or two would be ideal.

I'm also looking for someone who is a good writer. I returned to Althanas for the constructive criticism it offers, and I want to be writing with someone who can offer me that criticism as I earn it. I'm trying to shake off the rust so I can be the best editor possible for a book I've been writing, so I'm using Althy for a writer's workshop.

Thanks for considering, and I'm looking forward to your responses!

Silence Sei
06-01-11, 09:28 PM
*raises hand* Yo. If you need some sample writings, I'd be more than happy to oblige.

Silcatra
06-01-11, 09:46 PM
I gave your profile a good hard skim and read through part of one of the posts that was linked in it. Let's do this thing. Thread's going up, since I'm approved. Will link it once it is.

EDIT: Link! (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?22898-Not-Every-New-Day-Starts-Like-This...&p=184772#post184772)

Rhiannon
06-02-11, 12:30 AM
Glad to know I'm not the only Earthling trying to adjust to the World of Althanas. :)

Silcatra
06-02-11, 03:55 PM
Sei, clear out your inbox. :-p I tried sending you a message, but couldn't.

Silence Sei
06-02-11, 04:28 PM
Sorry about that Sil, I'm not used to not having a bar telling me how far I got left.

I'm also going to post today, sorry for the delay,

Mordelain
06-02-11, 05:10 PM
Hello again, this is Duffy's Alt Number 101.

She is a world walker, the dynamic between us could be interesting! Have a peruse through her profile if you get the chance, see if any ideas spark - perhaps, if you're looking for a way home, Mordelain could help?