PDA

View Full Version : Lost In Fallien Without A Paddle

Vigil
06-06-11, 03:01 PM
I'm looking to write a couple things to pass the time. I have a story or two I want to complete on my own, but it'd be interesting to work with a few people in my free time. I'm uninterested in trying to overcomplicate this by making it into an 'epic' or incorporate into some kind of grand plan which seems to be my MO.

This is one of several ideas I had that I wanted to see if anyone was interested in picking up;

Name Pending
1-3
Fallien
Synopsis; Shambling aimlessly around a savannah of Fallien, you and Liam are now lost and are hours from death, succumbing to the elements. You both joined a Catholic mission on an expedition into the uncharted parts of the arid country in search of the remains of a leper colony where it is said an immortal with the ability to breathe life in others resides.

Something went wrong during the journey and the expedition was wiped out. Conveniently, the remains of the party remember little of their arrival at the Ada'ir Valley and what occurred. It is up to you all to figure out what went wrong in order to survive the coming days. Men have begun to vanish in the dead of night to the sound of drums. Others are succumbing to a mysterious sickness that is plaguing them all. The rest of you are being hunted by a legendary tribe of nomads that were sworn to protect the secrets of the Ada'ir.

Piece together the mystery, fight the harrowing wilds and savages of Fallien, and find a means to escape what has most certainly become your fate by doing the only thing you and your companions can do; return to the Valley of Ada'ir where it all began.

Christoph
06-06-11, 06:03 PM
I might be interested in this. Not with my main character, of course, because he's a tad out of depth for this sort of challenge, to say the least. On the other hand, my half-Orc would be a great fit for an action-adventure-survival-horror-wilderness-mystery type thread. I've been wanting to dust him off for a while now, anyway.

Not sure if there are any Catholics in Althanas, though. =p

Vigil
06-07-11, 10:48 PM
I might be interested in this. Not with my main character, of course, because he's a tad out of depth for this sort of challenge, to say the least. On the other hand, my half-Orc would be a great fit for an action-adventure-survival-horror-wilderness-mystery type thread. I've been wanting to dust him off for a while now, anyway.

Not sure if there are any Catholics in Althanas, though. =p

1) There are now. My character is based on the premise of 19th century Irish refugees finding their way to Althanas decades ago. They've flourished in Corone since then. Regardless of what the site says, that's how I plan to and will write it.

2) Read my profile.

Regardless, I'm not sure how I feel about a half-orc in this. I'm more human-centric when it comes to writing. However, given my limited track record as it is, I'll wave it aside and let you choose who you want to write with. I don't care.

Sorry for little detail over this. I wrote the idea as is before I left for work and havent' had much time to think about it since.

To everyone else; There's room for a couple more still if they want in on this.

Phantoms-Heart
06-23-11, 06:26 PM
Hmmmm.....Well, Reginald would have reason to be trying to inconspicuously travel across the land of Faillin, and a catholic missionary seems a good way to do it lol while I am level zero, if you would have me I could participate, though I don't know how you would like a manipulative psycho/sociopath in the group XP Survival is survival.