PDA

View Full Version : Compendium?

SteelVoltage
06-08-11, 02:42 PM
Is there any compendium of information about the game universe? I have found bits and pieces of lore all over the site, but it's all very confusing so I'm having a hard time getting a bead on the places, races and history.

Elrundir
06-08-11, 03:34 PM
The Althanas Handbook is a good place to start. I know Task is working on the Althanas wiki as well, but the link for that eludes me right now. If I wasn't on my phone I'd try looking for it, but anyway, that will ultimately be a more complete source of info when it's done. For now, take a gander through the Almanac section of the handbook, linked at the top of every page.

Yari Rafanas
06-08-11, 04:20 PM
What Elrundir said. Or if you have any questions, let us know here.

Elrundir
06-08-11, 05:30 PM
Oh yeah, I probably should have mentioned that part. Feel free to post your questions here and one of us will get to them as soon as we can. :)

SteelVoltage
06-08-11, 05:41 PM
I made my character the son of a noble from Corone. Now, the almanac says the political structure was a Republic, but from what I understand it's an Empire now. Now does it have a feudal system in place, with houses and bannerman swearing fealty to a lord or--would nobles just be rich land owners who don't have their own military forces and such?

Breaker
06-08-11, 05:47 PM
For current events in Corone check Toll of the Corone Civil War. (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?22949-Toll-of-The-Corone-Civil-War) It will be updated soon with even more information, but there's already a solid idea of what's happening.

edit: if that thread doesn't answer your question let me know :P but I think it will

Yari Rafanas
06-09-11, 04:13 AM
I think you could consider any noble of Corone pretty much anybody affiliated with the higher class of Radasanth or another major city, if you are concerned about the title.

Caden Law
06-09-11, 09:47 AM
Is there any compendium of information about the game universe? I have found bits and pieces of lore all over the site, but it's all very confusing so I'm having a hard time getting a bead on the places, races and history.Right now, the best you can do is just to get general ideas about a lot of things. It helps if you're looking at a specific event, but even that can be tricky sometimes.

Whatever you learn, don't be afraid to write right over it. Even the official timeline has an air of Unreliable Narrator going for it, allowing you to tweak the details to low Hell and back to suit your story.