PDA

View Full Version : Questions on Corone.

Caden Law
06-22-11, 12:49 AM
tl;dr I'm looking at the Althanas region map and I haven't blown any chunks off of Corone. I need to fix that.

1) I am assuming that Coronian culture is basically Generic Fantasy Europe with a side of Whatever The Hell Akashima Is. Yes?

2) What's the state of magic in Corone? Both in the Empire and the Rebel cities.

3) What's the overall tech level of Corone? Roman, Medieval, early Enlightenment?

4) Looks like Gisela went Empire. Who owns what?

5) Who's on what side? Aside from the durhurhur obvious ones like Letho. Better yet: Is it even important to know?

Thanks.

The International
06-22-11, 01:02 AM
1) I am assuming that Coronian culture is basically Generic Fantasy Europe with a side of Whatever The Hell Akashima Is. Yes?

Yes. And Akashima is a lot like Feudal Japan with all the spiritual trappings of Shintoism and other myths.

2) What's the state of magic in Corone? Both in the Empire and the Rebel cities.

General. Very vague. There is no Althanas magic that I know of that has originated in Corone.

3) What's the overall tech level of Corone? Roman, Medieval, early Enlightenment?

Medieval

Nope. It belongs to the Rangers unless Letho and Elrundir decide to finish that quest of theirs.

5) Who's on what side? Aside from the durhurhur obvious ones like Letho. Better yet: Is it even important to know?

Player-wise: Everyone wants to be a boy scout, everyone wants to be a hero, everyone wants to be Letho Jr.
... Just sayin'

Savas Tigh
06-22-11, 01:05 AM
*Steeples fingers.*

Eeeexcellent.

Yari Rafanas
06-22-11, 03:15 AM
You should probably be taking a look at some of the Corone War stuff, Caden. Also, I swear to god if you try and destroy my forest I'm going to kill you.

Duffy
06-22-11, 04:07 AM
Same warning as above, only for Akashima.

We will find you...

Elrundir
06-22-11, 07:20 AM

Nope. It belongs to the Rangers unless Letho and Elrundir decide to finish that quest of theirs.
Doesn't look particularly likely at this point, but the end result of that quest would have led to the Rangers taking control of Gisela anyway, so it's all good.

Silence Sei
06-22-11, 07:40 AM
Sei is sided with the empire...

Just sayin

The International
06-22-11, 10:09 AM
Of course, but there's no denying we're outnumbered.

Jennifer Oakley
06-22-11, 11:03 AM
Cydnar and the Hummel are with both.

Lillith is with Akashima.

Duffy is unwittingly with the Empire, though really, he's with whomsoever does the best pirate impersonation.

Jennifer is with Concordia, and boy, the trees are pissed.

Savas Tigh
06-22-11, 11:30 AM
You should probably be taking a look at some of the Corone War stuff, Caden. Also, I swear to god if you try and destroy my forest I'm going to kill you.

Same warning as above, only for Akashima.

We will find you......y'know, you're pretty much begging for it when you do shit like that.

And I've been wanting to sink Akashima into the sea for ages now anyway. :p

But I doubt I'll get too involved. The war seems like a convenient backdrop but it's a little too cut-and-dry yay-rebels-yay for my tastes. Better to just set up shop and continue from there.

Mutant_Lorenor
06-22-11, 12:22 PM
Lorenor will become an Enforcer for the empire of sorts.

orphans
06-22-11, 01:59 PM
I'm planning to have a major npc or two surface during these times of turbulence. Azza's fate more or less depends on the standing of the npcs, which I suppose is a strange way for a PC to act.

Or perhaps... not at all.

Rayse Valentino
06-22-11, 07:26 PM
The war seems like a convenient backdrop but it's a little too cut-and-dry yay-rebels-yay for my tastes.

I said this exact same thing and The International yelled at me.

The International
06-22-11, 08:10 PM
How does someone yell by typing?

orphans
06-23-11, 06:12 PM
One can feel the anger...? Could just mean that one is hungry though.

Slayer of the Rot
06-23-11, 08:12 PM
Dan is working with the empire anonymously in the Scarlet Brigade.

And I'm getting back Rotslayer during this MQ.

And I'm gonna rape the shit out of Akashima and Gisela if I get the opportunity.

The International
06-23-11, 09:05 PM
That's the spirit!

And aren't you supposed to be doing The Refugees with Sei?

Slayer of the Rot
06-23-11, 09:08 PM
Yup. It amuses me to have Dan convincing people he's widowed, orphaned, made childless, and homeless to fight for his side.

Lord Anglekos
06-25-11, 11:36 AM
Goddamit, this makes me (almost) wish I wasn't having a wedding soon; right in the middle of my creative stride too. Oh well.
Have fun blowing up Corone.

Duffy
06-25-11, 02:32 PM
The Spirit Warders of the Kazumi and Janelle tribes might have something to say about that.

The Government too, I'd wager.

Savas Tigh
06-26-11, 12:14 PM
Vague threats of reprisal only make my axe harder. http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/9880/drevil.gif

Though I doubt Savas will even be going near Akashima any time soon. He's got bigger fish to fry and all that jazz.