PDA

View Full Version : [B]Feeling the Hunger[/B]

Ðèmonîc
03-30-06, 07:53 PM
"That it?" Damion sucked in his breath in gasps. He stood slouched over, gripping his two black daggers. The undead creature stood facing three of the Citadel guards in their shining steel armor. Damion sucked in one long breath and stood up erect.

Heh. These guards are stronger than the slime they usually send. Damion snickered. He made sure they knew he was not about to let them overtake him. He stood sideways, holding his right hand dagger pointed at the human closest to him. This man was the captain, or so he looked, wearing golden armor and a long, scarlet cape. The human stepped forward and spoke quickly.

"You are unwelcome here, corpse. Surrender and drop your weapons, or I will be forced to kill you!" The human stood for a second and let Damion consider his offer. Damion's lip curled into a grin, and then he burst into laughter.

Finally he stopped chucking and said, "That's touching, human. I usually don't get offers to surrender. But, I guess it doesn't matter. You don't expect me to just give up. I don't feel like fighting you any more, so I’ll be taking my leave now. Farewell humans. Hope that we don't meet again." Damion turned and fled into the night. He looked over his shoulder and saw the guards chasing closely behind him. Turning a corner, he spotted a small shadowed area. It was much too small for a man to hide in, but Damion was up to the challenge. Diving to the ground, he sat on his feet in a crouched position. He didn't think the humans would see him, but he held his daggers tightly just in case.

As he rounded the corner, the captain stopped abruptly looking dumbfounded. His men almost slammed into his back as he stopped. The captain was furious, and it was showing. "You! Go down that way make sure he isn't hiding!" he said as he grabbed the armor of one of his men. "And you down there! He can't be far. Keep searching and don't come back until he is found!"

The captain then turned and walked briskly away. Damion considered jumping out and killing him, but the others would have seen this and he would have to fight them off. He decided he would rather just go to the arena and kill someone easy. He was too hungry for a real fight, and he knew the angry drunken types that wandered into the arena when they wanted to let off some steam.

He quickly ran out of his hiding spot, soundlessly sprinting around. He passed behind one of the men, unnoticed, not five feet from him. When he was out of earshot he started talking to himself. "Ugh im starved." He kept walking quickly to the arena and made his way up the front steps, and through the door. Once inside he stalked to one of the doors. A monk walked up beside him and started talking. Damion held out his hand and shoved the monk aside, not saying a word. Then he yanked open one of the wooden doors and walked in. The door slammed behind him. "Alright let's make this quick. I'm ready to feed."

Jin'Rah
03-30-06, 08:35 PM
Jin'rah proudly walked down the dirt path with his leader, Velsan. The troll leader took one recruit from the army to fight in the arena. He believed it helped the army gain respect. As Velsan rode slowly on his emerald raptor, Jin'rah looked up at him looking for some kind of emotion. "No worries mon, I can take anyone in that arena hands down." Velsan grinned, turned his head towards Jin'rah and replied, "good, this match will decide your future." Confused and worried, Jin'rah mumbled "How so?" Velsan laughed, his yellow stained tusks bobbled as he chuckled, "Win this match, you become Officer of your regiment. Lose, and your are being removed from this force."

Jin'rah was shocked to hear such news. "We cannot have any disgraces during our uprising, if we want to be known, losing is not how I want to get there." Velsan continued to ride forward with a dead grin on his face, showing no emotion at all.

As they continued down the winding dirt road, Jin'rah saw dim lights and knew it was time. "Ok, here we are, I will be in the stands watching, bring honor to this army Jin'rah, or dont return home." Velsan nodded and rode over to the spectators entrance. Jin'rah walked onward towards the gates. Two human guards were standing in front of the entrance, smirks were being shot at the troll. "I dont think the likes of you are welcome in this arena. We've already had one vile creature sneak his way into the complex, we arent letting another get by."

"Hey mon, I think you might want to reconsider." Jin'rah laughed as he pulled out a small brown linen doll. he looked at the guard and was now face to face with the man. "Let me get that for you" Jin'rah said as he plucked a hair from the mans head. "What do you think you are doing!" the guard yelled, outraged. "Chill mon, just a gray hair, dont want to be lookin old in front of dah ladies now do yah?"

The man snarled, "I dont need you to help groom me, now take this corrupt creature out of my sight!" the two footmen standing behind him rushed forward with hand cuffs, Jin'rah laughed as he began mumbling something in trollish. "Unhand him this instant!" The guard shouted, the footmen were now totally confused and it took them a while before they unhanded the troll. "But sir..." one footmen said. "But nothing! This man is a dear friend of mine! I mean, how dare you arrest someone who i have known for years!"

"Are you ok sir? Your eyes are looking a little different" The guards eyes were fogged with purple and black, they were wide and bloodshot. "Well you heard the man, open deh gates!" Jin'rah said trying to hold his laughter. As Jin'rah walked forward into the dusty arena pit,the crowd cheered and clapped, men were drunk, women giving lap dances for some spare change, bets were made, fights were created, this was truly how the arena was. As Jin'rah gazed around the stands he met eyes with Velsan, he looked anxious to see the opposing contender. Jin'rah nodded in approval, and stood in the arena awaiting his match.

"Where did he go!?!" The guard shouted. "I swear you two are worthless, I give you one simple task and you blow it just like the last one."

"But sir, uhhh you told us to let him through." one man said. The guard seemed angered, "Get out of my sight you two are both fired how dare you put words in my mouth such as that, begone!"

Ðèmonîc
03-31-06, 06:39 PM
Damion exhaled and slouched his shoulders. He had entered the arena hoping for a quick meal, and he was ready for it. The undead creature stuffed his daggers under his belt, resting them against the sides of his legs. He pulled one out and fingered the blade. He nimbly twisted it in and out of his fingers, sighing again. Damion kicked up some sand, and watched the dust fall to the ground. He would normally be looking for an area where he could hide, but the arena was a circular structure, only about 30 feet across. He knew there was no where to hide, but it mattered little. He was sure this was going to be a quick, one-move fight.

Damion looked around and saw that the arena was not very full. "It's just as well," he thought, "They would be displeased with such a short fight." Waiting still, he thought "Whoever this unlucky human scum is, he better get here soon." His hunger was worsening. If the fight did turn out to last longer than he expected, he might be in some trouble. The pains would not let up until he fed, so his only choice was to quickly take down his foe whatever it was.

Damion watched the door from which his opponent would enter, until it suddenly swung open. A large, blue-skinned creature with a fiery, red mohawk stalked through the opening. The creature was one Damion had never seen before. It looked similiar to an orc or a goblin, except it was tall, much taller than Damion, and it was quite slim. Two long, white tusks jutted out from beside the creature's long nose. It walked forward slowly, swinging its long arms down by its knees. In his hand, the blue orc held a large hammer. Damion knew the slow weapon would be no obstacle for him.

"It's about time," Damion thought. He was not about to wait for the creature to get ready. Damion sprinted forward, grabbing his daggers from his belt. He ran toward the unprepared blue orc, bobbing side to side as he charged the enemy. "Hehe. He won't know what him 'em. So long," Damion thought as he moved on the orc. Once in range for his strike, Damion lunged forward, jabbing the tip of his dagger at the unarmored gut of the blue orc. "This will be over before he knows it." Damion held tight to his trusty weapon, knowing it would soon be the bane of this foreign creature. He would slaughter the helpless being before it even had a chance to see him.

"Finally, Damion thought, it's time to feed."

Letho
09-24-06, 10:36 AM
This thread has been closed due to inactivity and moved to the Archives. If you wish to reactivate this thread, please PM me or one of the administrators.