PDA

View Full Version : Dear Bazaar: an angry letter

Venessian
07-26-11, 01:37 AM
First of all,

"The Points Market is currently disabled. This can occur for a number of reasons. The most likely reason is that you currently do not have any earned points."

That seems so much more convoluted than making a thread with a shopping list and haggling with a moderator. Seeing as I have a whole bunch of shiney gold coins and all.

I have to be honest, the bazaar is kind of crap compared to what it used to be. But I guess complaining isn't very proactive.

I work retail IRL and I have at least an hour a day to donate to Althanas. If provided with a tier cost list and some examples of mundane item prices, I would like to offer to be a full time Bazaar mod and make it a fast running and user-friendly experience again. I hear a lot of talk about moderators being stretched too thin, and there's examples of my writing around on Althanas. So really, what do you have to lose?

SandStorm
07-26-11, 12:31 PM
Yeah the Bazaar has been in a slump since the site's revamp. I would suggest you do a mod application restating what you've just said.

Visla Eraclaire
07-28-11, 05:58 PM
The bazaar has been in a slump for years. It is briefly refreshed by the blood of bazaar moderators who are swiftly discarded thereafter.

The simple fact is, you can't buy anything interesting in the bazaar. The same level of effort RPing out a transaction will likely get you a better item for free if you just posted it as a quest.

The International
07-28-11, 06:24 PM
I have to agree with Visla on this to an extent. The Bazaar will probably always be lacking in use due to the fact that most players can just earn their items through questing. However, if a player wants something they don't feel like questing for, we'll need the Bazaar. For example, I don't particularly like playing in Salvar... yet, but I would like a re curved bow made of the wood from it's enchanted forest. That's when I'd go to the Bazaar. That being said, I'd encourage you to apply and see where the dice fall.

Breaker
07-28-11, 11:54 PM
If you're interested in joining staff the link is here (http://www.althanas.com/world/misc.php?do=form&fid=3). We're looking for new moderators right now so please do fill it out!

SandStorm
07-29-11, 02:30 PM
Yeah Veness is interested, I just couldn't locate the application to link him/her to it.