PDA

View Full Version : Sneak Preview!

Storm Veritas
08-15-06, 10:34 AM
Hey Everyone! Too often we come here and get super busy and read very little of the grand scope of Althanas' work. Geneally, you may be like me and read more of people you know, hesitant to "waste time" on someone who might not be very good.

Krugor's Thread, "Reunion with Romantic Interludes" (http://www.althanas.com/world/printthread.php?t=2073&pp=10) is very good. A change of pace, not the type of thread you're used to seeing, but a very entertaining read, and a short one for the Attention Deficit Challenged. Have a look!

“Don’t try to scare me, you had to know I would leave you again.” The skeleton said, carefully observing his surroundings to see if his master was bluffing or not.
“It’s not merely meant to scare you, though that’s a nice little bonus. It’s in fact reality and meant to keep you here, because I indeed knew you would leave. I came prepared this time, dearest.”

Then he saw it.

It wasn’t the door that would kill him, but what was behind it.

“I see you I surprised you again” Talidus said “that’s nice. Meet my bodyguard, Krugor. I’ve raised and trained him just like I did with you. I wanted to make him your replacement but I realised I could never replace such a perfect partner as you, so I made him my guard to help me get you back into my life. And you see, it worked out just as I planned.”

The Necromancer really surpassed all boundaries this time. This was unbelievable. Krugor knew that if he wanted to get out of here he had to do battle with this “guard” and the other option, stay here with Talidus forever, wasn’t even something he wanted to think about. The cook took off his backpack again and grabbed his yew staff, preparing for the inevitable battle that would come.

“I see you plan on taking on my guard. A word of advise, my friend. I taught him all I knew, so you better be careful, because that means he knows everything about your fighting style.”

“Hey, why don’t we both get out of here? You don’t wanna live with that freak, now do you?” Krugor whispered to the guard in front of him, hoping he could get out of this without bloodshed.

”Kraaagh!”

Krugor was somewhat dumbfounded after this unexpected reply and wondered if this person wasn’t, how do they say it, mentally challenged. But all his doubts disappeared like snow to the sun once the “guard” stepped into the minimal light that came from the room.

”Kraar!” it said again.

The skeleton took a few steps backwards as the bodyguard walked into room, now revealing his entire true form. It had two, long legs with a bulky upper body covered in black and white feathers. It seemed to have wings but way to short to actually fly with them, Krugor noticed. From the upper body sprouted a long neck with a tiny head on top. A small beak and two big, green eyes looked his target straight in the eye.