PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion Box

Jasmine
08-12-11, 12:57 AM
Do you have an idea for the vignettes? Post it here! Suggestions are always very welcome!

Silence Sei
08-24-11, 01:17 PM
How about a 'What would Althanas be like if your character had died 10 years ago'? Only put it more eloquently than that, of course.

orphans
08-24-11, 01:21 PM
How about a 'What would Althanas be like if your character had died 10 years ago'? Only put it more eloquently than that, of course.

>: super sad face

more seriously, a suggestion... mm...

While traveling (or at home), your character encounters something extremely odd in terms of "food." Your character eats it and then... go! What happens?

Slayer of the Rot
08-24-11, 04:41 PM

Less chewed on, I suppose.

Venessian
08-24-11, 06:19 PM
Your character goes on a blind date.

Sagequeen
08-25-11, 08:26 AM
1) A recurring dream
2) Childhood/earliest memory
3) I'd rather be _________ (fishing, taking a nap, etc)
4) Either side of an embarrassing situation
5) You've defeated your arch-foe. What are you gonna do now? Have a sammich?
6) Musings on your character's best-case scenario (achieving his/her/its greatest desire)
7) Odd Jobs
8) People you can't forget
9) Worst Victory/Best Loss
10) ...And that's why I hate _________. (cats, paved roads, etc.)

Well I figured if I put enough out there you might find one or two you could use. :)

Knave
08-26-11, 11:51 AM
If they were wealthy, what would life be like?
For one time, a character has become untraceable and unrecognizable, what do they do with this chance?
Your character has the opportunity to create a work of art, what is it, what makes it special?
Your character wakes up with a sack of gold, an empty satchel, a new tattoo, a pair of broken manacles. They are decorated in war paint, on the roof of a government official’s house with a huge headache. Explain what happens next.
Your character encounters a minor deity, what is their reaction?
In need of money, with all “adventurous” and mercenary jobs filled, your character must take up an ordinary odd job.
Avast, a ghost!

orphans
08-26-11, 12:34 PM
xD.... avast, a ghost...

1: Your character is shipwrecked on a small island with a ten foot branch, twenty feet of rope, three shoes/boots, and a cutting implement of your choice (Althanas appropriate). This is what you see on the island. Make your escape. Island is also made of sand.

2: After drinking an expired potion, you suddenly acquire the fear of your own ____.

3: A nondescript talking dog tells your character Jimmy fell down the wishing well, trying to save a girl inside. You ______

4: A stretch of enchanted road, literally, hates your character.

5: Your character + Bees. Go!

KyrenFox
06-12-12, 10:58 PM
1) A talking bird tells you it saw a vision of your death and it wants to know what you will give it to tell you how to save yourself

2)you are transformed into a the figure of your most hated enemy...now what?

3) World peace has been declared and all lands shall be under one ruler...you...take control

4)your best friend betrayed you, has you locked in a cell and asks for your forgiveness (they are wearing badge of office, possibly having the power to get you out...but make no attempt to free you)

5)you have entered a baking contest ...assured if you win you will be given magic! (and get some good fresh baked cookies)

6) Your friend wants you to tell them how great they are at archery...uhhh...they arn't that good...but they don't understand that...what do you say?

(ok...thats my random bit if anything helps...)

absentwizard
06-13-12, 12:30 PM
. Figuring that pulling a sword out of a rock is rather easy, your character is challenged to prove legitimacy by putting a sword into a rock. How?
. Your character accidentally enters a painting. Which? What happens?
. A yurt appears out of nowhere and someone steps out to offer your character the opportunity to be remembered differently.
. Your character wakes up one day as the physical opposite. Right is left. What else changed?
. The groom has run off and by the local customs, the bride has to marry someone on a wedding day. Your character was conveniently nearby.
. There is a sudden stampede of sheep.
. Your character appears 30,000 feet in the air next to half a burning airship, most of a castle tower, and a small, upset dragon.
. An evil shed is chasing your character through a forest.
. Your character somehow manages to participate in negligent regicide.
. The ladies of negotiable affection of the city wants your character for something.

Ashla
07-11-12, 03:30 PM
My Suggestions:

- Your familiar suddenly turns into a giant and tries to kill you! What do you do? -
- A little kid walks up to you in tears holding a poster that says his pet is lost, and he/she needs your help to find it. What is your response? -
- You suddenly have a million dollars! What do you do with the money? -
- Your worst enemy suddenly wants to be your friend. What is your response to that? -
- A passed family member's ghost comes to you. What does the ghost say? What is your reply? -

Rayse Valentino
07-21-12, 06:44 PM
You wake up one day and you're another character. What happens? (A way to get some intermingling going on, although it's pretty boring if you just choose another one of your own accounts)
You are trapped in a dungeon. How did you get there? Will you get out, if so, how?
You are caught between the rift of life and death. What do you see? What do you think?
You are in Sigil, the Dungeons and Dragons city of Doors.
You are in Limbo, the Dungeons and Dragons plane of chaos, where belief shapes the world around you.

Hell, any setting in Planescape would be an awesome vignette.

You are in Carceri, the prison plane, where the sky is red, the ground is dust, and betrayal and vengeance run rampant.
You are in the Abyss, the plane of chaotic evil, where fears become manifest and the demonic tanar'ri seek your blood.
You are in Baator, the lawful plane of evil, where signing one's life away via contract is more common than greetings, where the seven hells hold different punishments depending on your sins in mortal life.
You are in the Gray Waste, where the water is poisonous, the air makes you choke, and the plants are all razor sharp and seek to coil around you and snuff out your life.

etc.

TheOnlyGhost
08-16-12, 10:14 PM
You were pushed into a time portal to change something about your past, something goes wrong and alters your present and your future ... what happened?

absentwizard
08-29-12, 09:28 AM
. A great enemy of yours is on the deathbed and uncharacteristically asks for your forgiveness.
. A case of mistaken identity changes your day/week/month as strangers focus attention on you.
. Someone offers you a sadistic choice which somehow goes against your deepest beliefs.
. You become involved in a sports tournament for some reason. Preferably, you don't know anything about the sport and losing will have hilarious consequences.
. Your opposite twin appears and tries to convince you to join his/her/its side. Have a proper argument with yourself. Extra credit for making an honest effort from the other side.
. A village/tribe/small group of people adopt you as their mascot for some reason. Perhaps there is a more sinister reason.
. You become involved in a very serious game of hopskotch or other playground game, with a great deal at stake.
. A lynch mob comes after you.
. You become the recipient or instigator of a shotgun (crossbow?) wedding.

Moonberrycat
08-29-12, 01:14 PM
I'll give a wack at some help!

~You wake up one morning as your familar (or somethng you wouldn't except to wake up as). What do you do? How do you get back to your original self?
~Your best friend one day suddenly becomes your worst enemy, how do you react?
~You find yourself underwater, with no way to get oxygen, and no way up. What happens? (nice death stories this could provide)
~Someone from the past comes and lets you know of a grave danger coming, what does he/she say? Your reaction?
~Sugar + Character. Go!
~What would happen if you died? Where would you go? Who would you see?
~You decide to play a prank on a friend. What would you do?

A look into my randomness. Hope one of them is helpful! :)

Ashla
09-01-12, 01:52 PM
"Sugar + Character. Go!" Ha, ha! I'd like to do that sometime!

TheOnlyGhost
09-11-12, 05:29 PM
You commit all 7 of the mortal sins and now have to do 7 self-less acts to redeem yourself. What are they?

Sagequeen
09-11-12, 07:31 PM
You find yourself smack dab in the middle of a culture you've never heard of. Their customs and social norms are very odd. Hilarity (or not) ensues.

TheOnlyGhost
09-11-12, 09:43 PM
You have been chosen to go 500 years into the future. What changes have occured, and how do you cope now that everyone you ever loved is dead (from natural causes)?

Passionate_Anomaly
09-18-12, 09:11 PM
-You change places with your respective characters: They go to our world and you go to their world.

-Your character finds out that they have been stricken with a highly contagious fatal disease.

- Your character starts going bald.

hoytti
09-18-12, 10:02 PM
:confused: Your character finds them self on earth and meets you, what happens?

:( Your character looses everyone close to them, what happened and what will they do next? (Leaders of a large group lose all their men)

:eek: Your character finds a rare item, what is it and what will they do with it?

;) You get transported to Althanas and meet your character, what happens?

:D Your familiar is in charge, what happens?

:confused: Your character and their familiar switches bodies for three days, what happens?

:eek: Your character and team get transported to a city on earth, which one, what is their reaction, and what do they do?

:confused: Your character is transported to the future and his friends and himself are famous, why?

:mad: Your character has an opposite twin (Good <-> Bad), What happens when they meet?

:p Everyone's familiars are mixed up, who's familiar do you get and what do you guys do? (Each familiar can only be used once.)

:cool: Your character has to go to a United States style school with all your other familiars, what goes down?

:cool:Your character enters your favorite Television Show, what show and what happens?

:o Your character find themselves in an embarrassing situation, what is it and how do they get through it?

:o Your character has an itch that they can't scratch, how do they take care of it?

:mad: Your character finds out that their worst enemy was actually trying to protect them, what do they do?

:p Your character gets into a chase with a notorious robber, choose the city and chase him through all its streets to catch him.

Duffy
09-19-12, 04:09 AM
Your character has become ensconsed in a fit of drinking, negligence, and paranoia...all because of unrequiated love. How do they cope?

Enigmatic Immortal
09-19-12, 04:13 AM
Just fyi...character meets creator has been done before...

Periwinkle
09-19-12, 08:00 AM
* Your character is at the bottom of a pit with just his/her items and a timebomb set for one minute. How do you get out?

* Your character's recurring nightmare becomes true.

* Some magic backfires and you are transformed into an animal. Which one, and what do you do now?

* A very strange series of events follows your character wherever he/she goes, but it the end it turnes out to be a prank or a deception by someone you would never have suspected.

Mordelain
09-19-12, 10:13 AM
Before the seas boiled there was Petra, the City of Eternity. Through its igam ogam heights and organic broad walks the wisest sages of the traverse discussed the many facets of reality. Along its narrow corridors a gentle wind carried the scent of blossoms. It was there, before the Cataclysm that I learnt all that I know and heard all that I have heard worth hearing. I walk its lonely streets in quiet contemplation when the sun is set, wavering in the brink of madness for the lament of days gone by.

Before the skies the formed there was Ixias, the Raging Furnace. In that strange place, all the fires of all the worlds’ burn fiercely. Gravity and time bend in chaotic melee in vortexes so vast they would sweep away the very fabric of Althanas in a single heartbeat. The once vibrant cities of industry that nestled themselves in cages of magic still linger in the firestorm, but only a few daring refuges dwell in the warm and rusted catacombs. They wait fetidly for salvation from the endless, scouring flares that lapse against their citadels of sorrow.

Before the animals spawned there was Breen, the People’s Republic. Its labyrinthine markets and endless roiling streets were a pinnacle of island life, forged on the common principle of kinship, togetherness and determination. Ruled by a queen of noble stature and untouched by war for millennia, when the Cataclysm raged, civil war did more harm than the fire and magical cracks ever could. Now its streets are quiet, silent, and empty, except for when I walk them in search of a memory to kindle my faith in humanity.

Before the birds sung there was Quant, the Mystic’s Market. From all the corners of the Kalithrism people gathered. Whatever you desired it could be found in the dense sprawl of shops, junk yards and canal boat traders. Every desire, every principle, every momentary weakness in the hearts of the many world’s peoples fluttered up and down the wooden jetties and in and out of the okiyas and bars without prejudice. Of all the worlds this was the place people came to lose themselves. Many could never leave such a paradise, and after the Cataclysm they were stricken with greed and tore one another apart. Its stands and stalls are stained with ancient blood and its rivers run red. Rumour is amok that all the artefacts still remain, if one is of sound enough mind to walk amongst the spirits of the dead…

Before the stones cooled and the mountains rose there was Hudde, the Nomad’s Realm. The rolling sands and the tombs buried in time were a place you could find yourself. Those exiled there discovered a new freedom asides their confinement. My ancestor’s spoke of this place with equal pleasure and pain, for the trials of the world walker ultimately end in a temple grave, a name engraved into the sandstone beneath the eternal limelight of a sickly, dying moon. If escape is what one requires, it is here that you shall find it.

Before the trees grew there was Bulganin, the Heart World. The surface of the Heart World is an eternal forest, a twisting swamp miasma home to trees so tall that vast cities dwell in them. Entire tribes live out their lives oblivious to the other cultures living a macrocosm away. When the cataclysm came many fled here, for the abundance of food was perceived as a blessing. To the soul of Bulganin the invaders had to be cleansed and the trees rose in defence and the tribes. Though primitive in many respects, they retreated to their cities and left the refugees to die beneath the rasp of blood vines and the crawling needle bushes. Only those who know where to walk can find safety into the open arms of Bulganin’s pantheon of elders, and only those who have learnt that trust can do so more than once.

Before the cities formed and you find iron, steel and bronze there was Zhuhai, the Capitalist Zenith. The world has but one continent at the heart of an endless sea, but it is covered by a mega city, walled and separate from the vast slums which surround it. When the cataclysm came the technology of Zhuhai allowed the city to survive and it became xenophobic and alienated from the remnants of the Kalithrism. The many hundreds of thousands that look up to its glass walls dream of the day when they can steal themselves or bribe their way into the sanctuary it offers, and into the stuffy, heartless bigotry it contains. I walk amongst those villages, and am brought to tears at the joy of seeing such survival and humbled love for one another in these dark times. What dark secrets remain in the city even I do not know, but perhaps one day, I shall find a path to walk into the heart of the bourgeoisie prison, and show them what horrors lie on the other side of that wall.

Before your world settled as it is today there were two sisters, Junkyo, the Menagerie of the Gods and Lela, the Dancing Moon. My home was a world made out of crystal and ice, a permafrost citadel sparkling and plentiful and happy. When the cataclysm came, the moon was the first to be destroyed and I heard the screams of my sisters for many decades after the energy tore it apart. When it struck my world, I had but a moment to look over my shoulder as I walked to safety, leaving the burning image of the temples and coliseums tumbling into ruin in my mind. We were the teachers and troubadours of the Kalithrism, but it was always our audiences’ right to have the last laugh at our expense. I cannot walk there, for nothing but dust remains, though I keep the world alive beneath every step, hoping to find answers one day.

Only after our world fell did yours become alive. For millennia daemons and elves fought, and no doubt for many centuries more man shall in his deity’s stead wage war. When I first fled from Junkyo it was to Althanas, the Cosmopolitan Battlefield that my fear of death and need of company sent me blind through the vortices to. Though I walk through the Kalithrism still, I have found a spark of familiarity here and though I scorn your ignorance of the worlds beyond your own, and fear for the implications of the cataclysm I can only wonder where my path shall wind and my journey lead if it is to these shores I fall in my darkest hour.

Your character finds him or herself slipping through the Nexus, to spend an hour in one of the nine worlds of the Khalithrism. What do they see?

Ashla
09-27-12, 03:08 PM
More suggestions by BlueGhostofSeaside!! :D

~ Your best friend has been captured! Will you save them, or abandon them in their greatest time of need?
~ You have to baby sit your two-year-old nephew...
~ You finds a tray of cookies just sitting on a table. Do you eat them, or are they "too hot"?
~ You and another character swap roles. What happens now?
~ You try to sing a song.

Rayse Valentino
09-27-12, 03:57 PM
Your character has lost all their powers and is now weak and feeble, and they are attacked by one of their common enemies. Now all that's left is their wits to get out of this situation.

Penance
09-29-12, 02:20 PM
Your character is one of the few survivors of a zombie apocalypse stranded in the ruinous wastelands of Corone.

Lycoris
04-04-13, 05:15 AM
Writ something on 300-700 words based around a trope from TVtrope.com

TheOnlyGhost
04-04-13, 01:25 PM
A fight against your clone and you lose in an epic way.