PDA

View Full Version : Althanas 3.1

Max Dirks
08-16-11, 06:46 PM
Welcome everyone to Althanas 3.1.

Here's a list of changes:

Noticeable- An update to a classic theme has been added, be sure to check it out! A news and announcements forum has been added (it was much easier to administer than a hack). The Peaceful Promenade has been moved to a sub-forum of Underwood. The "Who's Online" spider hack was not compatible with vB 4.1.5 and has been removed.Non-Noticeable- We've upgraded the forum to vB 4.1.5, the most up to date version available! Hundreds of dead files have been deleted from our server, which should amount to faster load times.To Do List- Vb Credits and the Point Market must be updated. Vbulletin.org is currently down, but once it's up again I'll update the programs. Please note they are not currently available on the forum. Need to re-add the Darkness theme once Vbulletin.org is up again. Need to re-index the search function. Until this is done, you cannot search and may receive "database errors" when editing posts. If you receive a database error when editing posts, the edit is still saved, just refresh the page.

If you have any questions or encounter any bugs, please post a reply here. Otherwise, enjoy the new stuff.

SirArtemis
08-16-11, 07:47 PM
Are there other options for themes available? I'm happy with what we have, I'm just curious. I know that one of the concerns is bogging down the speed, but is it possible to have themes installing locally and implemented on an individual basis, like skins for video games or mods for games?

SandStorm
08-16-11, 07:54 PM
I have a huge concern.

Well more of an opinion, really.

Do we have to call it "Althanas 3.1?" 3.1 just looks really cheesy and that makes me frown.

Edit: Also, where's the chat?

orphans
08-16-11, 08:00 PM
we could name it "3 point fun!"

... or something

yeah never mind...

Visla Eraclaire
08-16-11, 08:01 PM
The non-default skins are missing the "settings" link at the top of the page.

SirArtemis
08-17-11, 02:56 AM
BUG: On the Darkthanas theme, the buttons for formatting are still completely whited out, and if you click out of the text box, the text whites out until you click back in. Also, text wrapping causes words not to stick together when you go to the next line, leaving letters on their own.

Also, when on the Tanthanas theme, the small drop box to change themes at the bottom is not available and you have to go manually to settings.

Letho
08-17-11, 05:32 AM
Is there maybe a chance of making a Bluthanas theme, something resembling that one that had been default after Tan? I have a number of threads saved in that theme, if you need an example. I figure if we have Tanthanas, why not Bluthanas as well.

EDIT: Also the transparency on the techno one is pretty annoying. :P

Vigil
08-17-11, 07:15 PM
No chatroom feature. Not that it was used much anyway.

Jasmine
08-17-11, 07:41 PM
*wants the chat back* i rather liked the chat

Max Dirks
08-17-11, 09:50 PM
The chat is there, it's just not currently linked.

SirArtemis
08-18-11, 03:34 AM
Darkthanas is missing the "settings" section at the top.

Letho
08-18-11, 06:07 PM
When submitting a thread for judging on default, the box where you're supposed to write additional information doesn't show up. At least it didn't for me.

Max Dirks
08-18-11, 11:55 PM
Artemis, I can't repeat your errors.

Visla, I'm looking into the "Setting" template error.

Letho, I've updated the forms.

SirArtemis
08-19-11, 12:47 AM
An image of the settings bug can be found Here (http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/2033/settingse.jpg)

An image of the dialogue box can be found Here (http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/6586/typeboxes.jpg)

An image of the theme changing issue can be found Here (http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/1481/themeg.jpg)

Max Dirks
08-19-11, 01:11 AM
Still can't find your issue with Tanthanas, Artemis. For some reason there was an ad at the bottom of our page. I deleted it, so if that was the cause it should be fixed, otherwise it's probably local to your browser or screen resolution. I'm aware of the "Settings" issue, as that was previously brought up by Visla. I'm looking into the "advanced text editor" errors as well.

Breaker
08-19-11, 01:19 AM
At the top next to *New Posts * Calendar *Community *Quick Account Switch there used to be a dropdown menu called Forum Actions, and I miss it. Either that or I'm missing it.

SirArtemis
08-19-11, 01:19 AM
It seems on Tanthanas I just can't scroll past the point I linked in the screenshot about the theme changing. It's not a big deal to me, since I use darkthanas, but I just realized that tanthanas doesn't let me scroll past the icon legend and that's where the theme changing drop box is.

Leopold
08-19-11, 01:48 AM
I echo Artemis, no theme change bar in Tanthalas.

Same with Numbers, there's no Forum Actions and I miss stalking people and what threads they're reading.

Elrundir
08-19-11, 06:22 AM
I think someone mentioned the "no sidebar in Technothanas thing" already, but what I really wanted to note was that there's no more Gold count on any of the styles. It's been replaced by the post count instead. Which is all well and good, but I think if we're going to have just one or the other, it may as well be the gold count.

Also, for what it's worth, I don't share the issue of not having a theme change dropdown in Tanthanas, which I'm using right now, so it may very well be a local thing as Max said. I'm thinking most likely it's browser-related. I use Firefox, but if I open Tanthanas in Internet Explorer, it doesn't let me scroll down as far. (Though I still can see the theme change dropdown; I just can't see anything below that in IE, while I can scroll down a fair bit further in Firefox.)

Vigil
08-19-11, 05:05 PM
There seems to be a serious error when I'm trying to edit posts in advanced reply. For some reason, when I'm scrolling down a post, words start to overlap, parts of sentences are being cut off, and if I move down further words start to leap around the page. I know my vision is really fucking poor, but I also know I'm not hallucinating and shit.

SirArtemis
08-19-11, 05:53 PM
I just realized I see no one's gold...

Elrundir
08-20-11, 07:31 AM
Is the timeline from our old Handbook still around somewhere, Max? I had been using it to help out in writing the wiki but now I realize I can't find it anymore and the timeline itself was never added to the wiki in its entirety (just the broader historical notes).

Zook Murnig
08-20-11, 09:39 AM
On the subject of the wiki, as well, some of this (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?4115-School-Curriculum-and-Divisions) should probably be included in there somewhere.

Caden Law
08-20-11, 06:34 PM
Preferably in the past tense, considering what happened during that whole Xem'zund thing.

EDIT: Wow. Our new smileys are just ghastly...

Zook Murnig
08-20-11, 06:36 PM
Mostly what I'm referring to is just the structure of the elven bardic magic system. Despite Istien being naught but rubble, the styles and general organization of bardic magic are recent enough for them not to have been muddied by the loss. People just seek out individual tutors now, I'd think, or the school still exists in less of a collegiate atmosphere. In all honesty, I think that makes it more interesting, anyway.

Elrundir
08-20-11, 06:40 PM
Yeah, that stuff will definitely all get added. My top priority was (still is, I suppose :p and yes, they are hideous smileys, aren't they?) getting the major regional pages up to standard so that people will have somewhere to turn for those. But every so often I get bored and go back to do something with the various Raiaera pages, so who knows? :p (Hideous, but I can't stop using them, so I'll just have to live with it.)

Letho
08-21-11, 10:49 AM
Could we please get the "Mark all forums read" button back or "Today's posts"? The problem is when you click on the "unread posts", then read a thread, then read another, then read another, then remember that you want to read the first one again, when you click on the "unread posts", they are all gone because they are marked as read and the new posts option only shows you those unread. With the "Mark all forums read" option, you could mark them all, then click new posts, then get the message there are none, then click on the posts in the last 24 hours which displays all posts in the last 24 hours. So pretty please, give us one way or the other so we don't have to manually search for every thread that we read.

EDIT: Also, different smilies. Those before were horrible, but these are just ass.

SirArtemis
08-21-11, 02:22 PM
Could we please get the "Mark all forums read" button back or "Today's posts"?

Second that.

Letho
08-24-11, 12:13 PM
Pretty please? Something that would display all posts, not just those unread. Because this is just ass.

Kryja
08-24-11, 12:20 PM
oddly enough, there is a "Today's Post" button when you aren't logged in.

Fancy that...

Amen
10-13-11, 11:01 PM
I'm not sure if it's a forum thing or what, but I'm getting a 406 error when I try to go here (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?22975-Corone-War-MQ-Pirates-of-The-Am%92aleh-Seas-Recruitment-Discussion&goto=newpost) on any browser. I can't get to the OOC thread for that either.

Ideas?

SirArtemis
10-13-11, 11:10 PM
I'm not sure if it's a forum thing or what, but I'm getting a 406 error when I try to go here (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?22975-Corone-War-MQ-Pirates-of-The-Am%92aleh-Seas-Recruitment-Discussion&goto=newpost) on any browser. I can't get to the OOC thread for that either.

Ideas?

I'm having the same issue. Not sure if it has to do with the apostrophe or some other recent change. It happened with someone else's thread that had an accented letter. I feel it's something new regarding special characters.

This is what I get:

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /world/showthread.php could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache mod_fcgid/2.3.6 Phusion_Passenger/3.0.7 Server at www.althanas.com Port 80

Amen
10-13-11, 11:28 PM
Yeah, that's exactly what I get on Chrome.

SirArtemis
10-13-11, 11:40 PM
Yeah, that's exactly what I get on Chrome.

I was using chrome on my pc when I tested that. I just did it again on chrome on my mac as well as safari on my mac. All the same exact error. /shrug

Konnal
10-14-11, 12:40 AM

Ideas?

That link isn't working in Firefox but I can go to the thread and open it.

Zook Murnig
10-14-11, 07:45 AM
It has nothing to do with browsers. It's a problem with the URL being illegible, due to the new way that threads are linked. Thread URLs used to be denoted by an assigned number only. In the new version of vBulletin, however, it uses those numbers, followed by the actual name of the thread, which if there are any special characters or accented characters, will be illegible to most browsers. The only solution I can find is to manually remove everything after the assigned thread number in the URL. It should be a 5 digit number right after "showthread.php?".