PDA

View Full Version : Featured Quest discussion

Zieg dil' Tulfried
08-17-06, 09:28 PM
This is the thread for discussion of the featured quest in the Tular Plains.

Roscar Palidyne
08-17-06, 11:26 PM
Hey, Lathos, Vampiric, are you guys gonna want to start this quest right away? I was kinda hoping to finish one of my other threads before actually beginning this, just so I can make a couple of changes to my character and have them be valid before we begin. It's completely cool if you guys wanna start though.

Storm Veritas
08-18-06, 06:19 AM
Quest 3 (CLOSED)
The Fight for Survival: ???
An important asset of the Demon Army has been the Magim Beasts. However, leaving their underground homes has been hard for the Magim Beasts. They are struggling to survive. This city will also be the new home for the Demon Army, which means a Demon Army Headquarters will be needed.

NPC: Zaketh ag' Dinmos, the bulky demon general of the Demon Army

Lead: Storm Veritas
Toy Soldier
Witchblade

It seems that we need to cultivate / breed the Magim beasts, as well as create a Demon Army HQ. Is this correct, before we go running with the planning?

Cyrus the virus
08-18-06, 07:38 AM
My group needs to... Do stuff. Luc will build buildings from stone! Finally, a chance to do something cool!

Zieg dil' Tulfried
08-18-06, 08:29 AM
It seems that we need to cultivate / breed the Magim beasts, as well as create a Demon Army HQ. Is this correct, before we go running with the planning?

Yes, along with developing and protecting the town.

Molotov
08-18-06, 09:25 AM
My group needs to... Do stuff. Luc will build buildings from stone! Finally, a chance to do something cool!

Since Chidori has a whole bunch of ideas, I'm going to PM him and see what he has. Then, we'll take it from there.

Also, I think the geomancer has to make us a jungle. What do you say to that?

Cyrus the virus
08-18-06, 10:23 AM
I think this is a good idea, because Althanas has too many forests and not enough other stuff. Jungle time!

Ooo ooo ah ah ah!

That's my monkey noise!

Slayer of the Rot
08-18-06, 10:32 AM
I think this is a good idea, because Althanas has too many forests and not enough other stuff. Jungle time!

Ooo ooo ah ah ah!

That's my monkey noise!

Your monkey noise sucks.

Looking forward to reading this stuff.

Zieg dil' Tulfried
08-18-06, 01:08 PM
Alright, here's what is going on. First, I need groups 3 and 4 to come up with a name for the town they are working on. If you want to keep with the trend, it can start with a V or an H. Also common letters in the demon alphabet are Z, Q, T, A, K, and X, but all letters can be used. I need those names before we can begin.

Secondly, this will begin after I get settled into college. I leave tomorrow morning, so if I have the names of 3 & 4 by then, we could start as early as tomorrow night. We'll just have to see.

Thirdly, while I'm not putting a time limit on these quests, I'd prefer it to end after about 2 weeks. At least try to start wrapping up after two weeks. If you need longer, that is fine.

Fourthly, any questions to me specifically in this thread, please mark with my name or something so I know to answer them.

Storm Veritas
08-18-06, 01:15 PM
Would "Oakdale" work as a town name? ;)

Team 3, gather round! I'm thinking one of the following nonsensical Demony names:

Nil K'Domes
Zartuth
Khazakstan
Z'Khanar

OK, one name is fake, and the rest sort of suck. Any suggestions from you others?

Witchblade
08-18-06, 01:21 PM
Khazakstan sounds like something from Iraq or one of those middle eastern countries. o.O It does not sound demony! Neither does Z'Khanar

Xia'Dirthu
K'Trax
Potato?
Vilxin Drakz

Hell if I know. >.>

Chidori Draconid
08-18-06, 01:23 PM
Oh, Molotov, you've opened the godamn can of worms. I'll PM you everything I got because I don't want to humiliate myself here lol.

Me myself I have visions of a perty Haidia Tular, an objective to shoot for, but I got no obstacles to come up with. You guys are going to have to help me out with that part.

grim137
08-18-06, 01:26 PM
My team, if anybody has any ideas what so ever for what we should do in our thread, please let me know, because as of yet I have no ideas.

Ther
08-18-06, 02:06 PM
Khazakstan sounds like something from Iraq or one of those middle eastern countries. o.O It does not sound demony!

You should become a geography major, lolz ;)

https://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/kz.html

Witchblade
08-18-06, 03:10 PM
Shove it, Matt! I don't remember asking for your opinion. :p

Zieg dil' Tulfried
08-18-06, 03:13 PM
IMPORTANT FOR QUEST 4! The Quest Description has changed! Please return to the recruitment thread to read the new task.

Letho
08-18-06, 07:14 PM
An idea for people in Quest #2 (Roscar Something and Vampiric Angel)...

I figure there could be some segregation within the rank of these "reluctant" people. Apparently some of them are actually only there to thwart the plans for rebuilding the town within the caves. So they constantly sabotage the building, change the blueprints, stuff like that. We play a little bit of detective pick them out from the rest.

However, it's not as simple as that. These saboteurs try to plant gunpowder so that the cave collapses. We stop them.

And then, in the end, the grand finale... Some of them are so resentful towards those who refuse to see Tular Plains as the new home that they manage to lure some cave beasts to thrash the new Vla'Toros. So we kick some ass as well.

It's a very rough outline of a suggestion. So tell me what you think.

EDIT: More ideas. I don't know how your characters are aligned, but is it possible that one of you plays the bad guy? It would make it more intense if a PC is a bad guy. Just an idea though.

Roscar Palidyne
08-18-06, 07:24 PM
That's definetely some good ideas. As for the whole bad guy being a PC idea? It can't be my character.........so can't really follow up on that. We could also throw in a little twist of the Elven blacksmith (I'm not even gonna try and remember his name) being kidnapped, which could be very detrimental to the establishment of the new caves. Or maybe he's not as he seems.....

Letho
08-18-06, 07:31 PM
The kidnapping actually sounds awesome, good thinking. We don't want to make the entire thing too elaborate, due to the time constraint, so maybe we could scrap the beasts and replace it with the kidnapping. When we finally rescue the elven dude, we can finish building the city.

Zieg dil' Tulfried
08-18-06, 07:37 PM
You guys don't need to forget that I'll be throwing some stuff at you as well, so you'll have to be willing to be a bit flexible about your plans. Also, Zieg will be going around the region himself to check on the progress at some point in the thread.

Vampiric Angel
08-18-06, 08:45 PM
That all sounds pretty good guys.

Toy Soldier
08-19-06, 12:03 PM
Ahz'Releph

Khlave Zeir

that's all I got right now. Aside from my own, I like Witchblade's "Vilxin Drakz".

Witchblade
08-19-06, 12:41 PM
Yay!

Witchblade - 1

Storm - 0

Bwhahahahaha!

Zieg dil' Tulfried
08-19-06, 06:33 PM
Somebody on each team on 3 and 4 make a command decision about the name for their city.

Storm Veritas
08-19-06, 08:04 PM
Zieg, we'll go with "Vilxin Drakz" ftw, then.

Zieg dil' Tulfried
08-19-06, 08:08 PM
Alrighty, these quests are going up right now, and i still need a name for the last one.

Witchblade
08-19-06, 08:10 PM
Hehehe, kick ass. My name got picked! ^^

Ahh, I can just picture how this is going to work...

"Breed, damnit! The thingy, goes in the other thingy and produces mini beasties, now breed! God damnit I said breed!"

Zieg dil' Tulfried
08-19-06, 08:16 PM
They know how to breed, don't know how to adapt to the not hot climate. Also, don't go into too much about the travelling, just mention it and get onto the city.

Witchblade
08-19-06, 08:31 PM
lol, yeah I know they'll know how to breed, it's Witch I'm worried about.

Toy Soldier
08-19-06, 08:38 PM
Just so I know, do you prenounce "Vilxin Drakz" like ""Vilzin Dracks"? Or, "Vilk-sin Dracks"?

Or perhaps I'm completely off :).

grim137
08-19-06, 09:20 PM
Zieg: Would it be okay if I brought in one of my NPC's into this quest? I was thinking of bringing in Tarry's sire whose a vampire lord (one rank below elder).

Zieg dil' Tulfried
08-19-06, 09:21 PM
Sure.

Witchblade
08-19-06, 09:24 PM
Actually, you're right with the second one. I was pronouncing it as Vilksin Dracks. I don't know how everyone else was. ^^;

Toy Soldier
08-20-06, 06:52 AM
Alright, Witchblade. Thanks for the clarification.

Zieg, I gotta question. What's going to happen to Haidia now that they demons have evacuated? Is it still going to be an actual region?

Zieg dil' Tulfried
08-20-06, 08:37 AM
It's been moved as a subforum of Haide.

Krugor
08-20-06, 08:57 AM
I'm thinking of "Xaliel" as the city name for Team 4. Grim has agreed with me so far :)

Zieg dil' Tulfried
08-24-06, 02:04 PM
Guys, I need you to post! Let's do this so we can open it up for rping.

Cyrus the virus
08-24-06, 04:10 PM
Yeah man, relax. I haven't been posting anywhere, FYI. Busy.

I plan on posting now >.<

Ashiakin
08-24-06, 04:12 PM
We have to wait for our respective group leaders to post first, correct?

Zieg dil' Tulfried
08-24-06, 04:33 PM
No you don't. If your leader doesn't post, just go ahead yourself. PM your leader and ask him to post.

Storm Veritas
08-24-06, 06:08 PM
And if group members don't post, we should just carry on? Is there a schedule for these to be done?

Letho
08-24-06, 06:22 PM
I think Zieg said that we should aim at about two weeks, a bit more if necessary.

Cyrus the virus
08-24-06, 06:29 PM
Yeah, uh... 2 weeks is going to be way, way too short for my quest. Way.

Storm Veritas
08-24-06, 06:57 PM
2 weeks will be short for mine, even if that's just pumping in about 14 posts.

But I'll get cranking on another one tomorrow. Witchblade is currently one of the most prolific writers in all Althanas, but I have no idea what my homeboy Zeph is up to these days.

Witchblade
08-24-06, 07:00 PM
Yeah, our third person seems to have up and disappeared on us. o.O

Psst, what does prolific mean? >.>

Letho
08-24-06, 07:30 PM
Well, I think two weeks are mentioned as a ballpark figure, to give us something to aim for, so this wouldn't drag on indefinitely as these FQs usually tend to. :P

Zieg dil' Tulfried
08-24-06, 10:29 PM
Yeah, take more time if you need to, it's just I want this to actually finish.

Cyrus the virus
08-29-06, 03:16 PM
Sorry I've been so lax on posting. I'm trying to finish up some of my other quests to free up some time, work on my solo (which needs to be finished soon despite only being four posts in), work on the RPG (which I'm doing), play Suikoden II, find a good job, and go to my friend's house like 4 days a week. Not to mention spending time with my girlfriend and getting a season pass to La Ronde.

So yeah... I'll post soon enough >.<

grim137
08-29-06, 04:45 PM
Zerith: Post! Dude seriously I don't want our quest held up any more than it already is.

Vorin
08-29-06, 04:47 PM
I'm waiting to pop in as the NPCs, just until Zerith's post that is.

INDK
08-29-06, 04:59 PM
Sorry I've been so lax on posting. I'm trying to finish up some of my other quests to free up some time, work on my solo (which needs to be finished soon despite only being four posts in), work on the RPG (which I'm doing), play Suikoden II, find a good job, and go to my friend's house like 4 days a week. Not to mention spending time with my girlfriend and getting a season pass to La Ronde.

So yeah... I'll post soon enough >.<

I'm pretty cool with that. I don't want to speak for Chidori, but as long as we are working on the quest consistently, a slower pace is fine for me.

(Yes, this is Molotov)

Toy Soldier
08-30-06, 11:48 AM
Hey, Storm, Zieg, and Witchblade, don't post again until I do. I'm in the process of writing up my second post now.

EDIT: Posted.

Ashiakin
08-31-06, 03:28 PM
I'm going to have to step out of this. Since no one is my team has posted yet and I've got work to do on Salvar and on other things, I'm just not going to have time for this. The FQ is important and our thread deserves at least one person who can be active. So I guess the Deimis thread has a spot open!

MetalDrago
08-31-06, 04:42 PM
I can't do this if the other two are AWOL or leaving... I'm probably going to have to drop out too if the leader doesn't post...

EDIT: Yeah, I control Makira, and I just don't want to bother changing screen names at the moment

Cyrus the virus
08-31-06, 05:01 PM
If need be, I can hop in on one of these quests with one of my other two characters.

ZIEG'S FQ WILL BE A SUCCESS SAYS I!

Molotov
09-01-06, 08:06 AM
Yes, if necessary I also have an alternate I can use to keep these quests alive. The show must go on.

grim137
09-01-06, 08:27 AM
Just aheads up to my team, I will be leaving today and not be able to post untill probably tuesday. I was thinking of having the demons arrive at the surface in my next post. Also feel free to bunny Tarry or Lestat if you absolutely have to though I would prefeer that you didn't.

Krugor
09-01-06, 04:37 PM
Just aheads up to my team, I will be leaving today and not be able to post untill probably tuesday. I was thinking of having the demons arrive at the surface in my next post. Also feel free to bunny Tarry or Lestat if you absolutely have to though I would prefeer that you didn't.
No problem, still waiting for Zerith to post anyway ;)

Storm Veritas
09-06-06, 06:51 AM
I should be able to sneak a post in today. I'll make it my top non-work priority.

Vorin
09-06-06, 06:33 PM
I'll be posting soon as the NPCs for quest 4. Just give me a day or two to sort things out in high school and life.

Zieg dil' Tulfried
09-15-06, 10:26 AM
I apologize for my lack of attention on the FQ. College life has been soaking me in and I just haven't been able to focus in a while. However, I will be going home this weekend so I'm planning on catching up on what I've missed and then making posts where I'm needed.

For the record, the Hrenta Vedos thread is officially closed. It hasn't been posted in and really I'm not going to wait on it. This does not mean, however, that the city will not exist, it's just going to be created by me.

Important Note: All members of the Featured Quest are allowed to build houses for themselves in the city in which they are helping create. It does not have to be roleplayed out (the actual building), but just mention that you would like to build one IC in the thread and post here stating it. I hope that all of you have a home in Haide, at least a secondary home, which will lead you to post in this forum often.

Letho
09-15-06, 10:44 AM
A question. Can I instead build a Corone embassy in Vla'toros and say that Corone will have an embassy in each of the major cities in Haide?

Zieg dil' Tulfried
09-15-06, 12:38 PM
I could accept that.

Storm Veritas
09-15-06, 12:54 PM
My team could use some QM interference. Storm is about dead, and both Witchy and the Soldier are lost.

Witchblade
09-15-06, 01:28 PM
Bob here has written us into a diplomatic nightmare. :p

Lavinian Pride
09-15-06, 01:41 PM
Bob here has written us into a diplomatic nightmare. :p

What else is new?

Witchblade
09-15-06, 04:20 PM
What else is new?

I dunno, your face.

Zieg dil' Tulfried
09-17-06, 09:45 AM
Alright, here is my comments on what I have read thus far in the FQ.

Veinse: Glad that everyone has posted. The thread doesn't really seem to have gone much of anywhere, but that is easily fixed. I would like to see a little bit more active posting. I'll probably post shortly to spice things up a bit. Good job and keep posting.

Vla'toros: This thread really doesn't need my help anymore. It's flowing smoothly, though one of the members seems to have disappeared. Anywho, keep up the good work.

Vilxin Drakz: Geez, can you guys dig yourselves into any deeper of a hole? I'll be along and post to try and figure some way out of your predicament shortly. TS seems to have disappeared as well, but hopefully he'll return to post soon.

Xaliel: It seems to have stopped right now, but that's okay because Vorin told me he's going to try and post either today or tomorrow. He'll probably run interference for you guys so I don't have to, but I still may anyways.

There you go. I've got some posts to make and hopefully I'll make then over the next few days.

Cyrus the virus
09-17-06, 01:37 PM
Veinse: Chidori got into a car accident, so we're kinda waiting to see when he can be back. But we have plans on where we're going.