PDA

View Full Version : Legless Lizards Aboard an Airborne Contrivance?!

Ter-Thok
08-18-06, 11:56 PM
Okay, so, yeah, I figure most of the internet is probably sick of Snakes on a Plane! by now, but I have to tell you, I saw an advance screening of it last night and...holy shit. It was the greatest film I have ever seen. Part of this was because the crowd was probably 90% rowdy teenagers who were all in on it, and it was to some extent a 200+ MST3K session. But the actual movie's quality was much better than I had expected. I highly suggest that anyone who's even remotely a fan of snakes, planes, any combination of the two, or Samuel L. Frickin' Jackson, go see it.

There's a reason it's rated R, though; all you youngin's had best see something else, as blood, boobies, and boa constrictors are all in evidence aboard this mutha-fuckin' plane.

God-DAMN, that was a kickass movie...

Empyrean
08-18-06, 11:59 PM
I've wanted very much to see it for weeks now. I am SO excited. I'm glad it's passed under such awesome review. :D
Of course, first I have to get someone to go see it with me. For some reason no one wants to. 0__0

Zephyriah
08-19-06, 12:35 AM
Perhaps Zeph should go with Sanoe. That way, as they're sitting in the back, he can get more practice kissing since he sucks at it ;).

Empyrean
08-19-06, 12:37 AM
Ha ha. :)

Sanoë's just a bitch, you should know that by now!

Anyhow, I'm going to see it as soon as I have time. It's been a while since I've been so excited for an action movie.

INDK
08-19-06, 03:41 PM
I'm so going to this! Any movie that is named as creatively as snakes on a plane deserves movie theatre prices.

I'm not sure if I want it to be good as much as I want it to be terribly bad so I can laugh at it the whole time and make snarky comments even though I am probably not capable of making a movie/acting any better.

In any case, I'm glad Althanas doesn't follow the same proceedure for naming their battles. It would be hard for anyone to find their specific battle when they're all named "swordsmen in a field"

Dissinger
08-19-06, 03:42 PM
How about Thieves in a maze?

Probably not going to see it though....

Torin Reahkari
08-19-06, 05:00 PM
"Armies at War"

This movie apparently sucks so much to Canada they're not playing it anywhere near here. I'd have to fly to another province just to see it.

Damn you, Samuel!

Roscar Palidyne
08-19-06, 05:24 PM
"Enemies having generally bad feelings for the other."

"Cooks Making Food!"

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

And I severely doubt I'm gonna go see that movie, unless someone gets me drunk. Might have fun then. Why would I want to see Samuel L. Jackson as a loud and seethingly angry black man for $7 when I could watch every other movie he's ever made and see the exact same thing? WITHOUT horrible plot writing?

Vorin
08-19-06, 05:55 PM
*cough* Number 7 */cough* (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=2361)

But yeah, probably won't see it. Unless SLJ has a lightsaber I don't watch his movies.

Ithermoss
08-20-06, 01:14 AM
http://snakesonaplane.varitalk.com/

Now wreak havoc, my beloved minions.

Dissinger
08-20-06, 02:34 AM
Ha Ha Ha Just sent one to my bro, lets see when he gets it ;)

AsukaStrikes
08-20-06, 08:52 AM
Vorin: How... Original... =_=

On a side-note, creepy. Looks like I'll need to keep that bone knife close by...

Walter
08-20-06, 07:45 PM
I just saw this movie. Snakes on a Plane sounds ridiculous, I know. Naming the movie after its entire premise (and a completely absurd one at that) is just opening up the joke floodgates. But let me tell you, watch this movie in theaters while you still can. It's a surprisingly good and serious movie, and I was moved by it.

I saw fear, panic, suffering and death, and there's a lot of it when you have motherfucking snakes on a motherfucking plane. But there was survival. People struggling against an honest threat, and living to see the break in the storm because they could pull it together. And of course, they had Samuel Jackson on their side.

But anyway, inspiration and triumph and etc., yadda yadda yadda. I enjoyed watching it with friends, and don't really recommend watching it any other way. Snakes on a Plane was a movie that kept my emotions running the entire time. Spot-on review, Ter-Thok.