PDA

View Full Version : Recruitment for stuff

Rayse Valentino
04-12-12, 04:01 PM
EDIT: PREFERENCES ARE NOT SET IN STONE, IT'S JUST MORE LEGWORK FOR ME TO CONCEIVE OF A DIFFERENT PLOT STRUCTURE WITH CHARACTERS WHO DON'T FIT THE MOLD I HAD IN MIND. I CAN MAKE A NEW MOLD.

First of all, I need some replacements. This doesn't mean that my original partners are kicked out, just that I'll be making new threads with other people. My original partners are free to come back at any time to continue, as always. Since I often tailor the stories around the characters involved, they will be sufficiently different anyway.

The Bitter King. (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?23636-The-Bitter-King)

Preference: One character in the evil spectrum. This is a thread about evil people in an evil world, to the point where they actually seem like good guys by comparison. There's enough ambiguity in how they got there, why, etc for new ideas and for virtually anyone to be involved.

For Lack of Empathy (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?22883-For-Lack-of-Empathy)

Preference: One child character in the good or neutral spectrum. The thread takes place 8-10 years ago in Alerar shortly after the construction of the trans-continental train between Knife's Edge and Ettermire. Character must have some sort of unique inherent ability, to justify Alerar capturing them and giving them to Salvar as a gesture of goodwill. Note: This isn't set in stone. Look at the thread and tell me if you can find a way for your character to take the place of the prisoner. Young Anglekos was perfect but only because I tailored the story around him. I can work with new ideas.

New thread concept: I'm not entirely certain but it's a pre-war Knife's Edge organized crime drama. Rayse has a crew and is working for one of the big bosses of Knife's Edge. The thread starts with his recent promotion to Captain. Not sure how to involve other people, maybe playing as NPCs, anyone with Knife's Edge history, or some other reason someone from outside the city would be involved.

Needed: I'm not sure. If anyone has any ideas hit me up, especially if you love mob drama.

Thread concept: Lord of War. It was an old recruitment I put up about intercepting Empire forces while working for the Rangers. It doesn't sound too exciting right now but it can be worked with, I guess.

Needed: Anyone. Multiple people. Not as interested in this as the others.

Thread concept: Anything! Rayse is lawful evil, Draug is chaotic evil, Dorian is lawful good. Hit me up with your ideas and I'll make 'em work.

My AIM, as always, is RayseFTW.

Also, any completed thread that involves The Company is free to request 50 gold from The Company's treasury.

Connor Lacuna
04-12-12, 06:21 PM
Connor is okay for whichever thread you want him in. I'd probably put him in the good/neutral spectrum, but only at his core. He tends not to pay much attention to laws, and whatever he feels like doing at the time is what happens. With the exception of stuff that his future-telling magic amulet causes. Oh, and if you want, you can add that amulet into whatever you're doing. Like, it can make me betray my team by telling me that they'll betray me, for example. As for the miscellaneous thread, how about something simple that we can work with. How about a search for shiny things in a random Salvarian cave?

EDIT: If that first part is completely unintelligible, then what I'm trying to get across is that he's a Chaotic Good character, with Good used very loosely.

META-EDIT: I somehow missed the mob drama. And I love me a mob drama. Only problem is, Connor's supposed to be young, and his history doesn't leave too much room for horsecockery. How long ago are we talking, just to get a grasp on how far I'd have to bend the character? Hell, I could even play the thread as young, geekish, schoolboy Connor, if it'd help. He was a damned fine student, do ya think there was a business for that?

Rayse Valentino
04-15-12, 12:06 AM
Okay, I added you to my AIM list. Also, that is not how a 19 year old looks, sir. You should add 10 years to your character's age and have all sorta of mercenary war stories. All the cool mercenary characters are older.

Connor Lacuna
04-15-12, 12:43 AM
Yeah, the avatar is a little inconsistent, so I'm debating whether to change it or the profile. I'll probably just change the profile because making a 1 into a 2 is easier.

Rayse Valentino
04-19-12, 12:52 PM
For people interested: Your character doesn't have to be evil or young, they're just preferences. I build stories around the characters, not the other way around. Not meeting my preferences just means we have to work a little to conceive of a different plot structure.

Connor Lacuna
04-19-12, 07:36 PM
Alright, I'm good for the crime drama for sure. If The Company has any enemies, I can write that they have somehow cheated Connor and now he is seeking revenge, and The Company gets tangled up in it. He could also be a fairly generic strongman, or someone that Rayse 'took' a promotion from, eventually leading to Connor's quitting. Or something like that. I might be able to work Connor into Lord of War, but I really don't know what it's supposed to be about. The Bitter King could see Connor in a particularly angry point in his life, cast as more of an antihero, but I'd prefer for you to tell me what kind of character you'd like for that one.

Luned
04-19-12, 09:08 PM
Luned would be easy to work into a crime drama. I could be up for that, and there's some wiggle room in her history to have her in the right place at the right time.

Revenant
04-20-12, 05:15 PM
I totally want in on the Bitter King and will crush any skulls that get in my way!