PDA

View Full Version : Low(er) activity for a week

Darkhawk76
08-21-06, 07:38 PM
Hey, to all it matters. I may not have the time to get to any posts this week, though I will try.

I'm moving into the dorms this week, which is pretty crazy considering all the issues dealing with handcapped rooms (those who build ADA acceptable buildings should definitely have a handcapped person actually test them). Then of course there's orientation all week.

So, yeah. Anyone posting with Lighthawk76 or Darkhawk76, I ask you to bear with me please. And to those who pray or wish luck, please do one or both for me.

Thanks.

Witchblade
08-21-06, 07:45 PM
That's no problem. Try not to kill yourself in the process and get your ass back here as quickly as possible. ^^

Darkhawk76
09-18-06, 04:49 PM
To those who I started an ambitious and exciting quest with:

All I can do is apologize. By the end of summer, I still hadn't written as much as I hoped I would and was basically in a slump, writing was becoming more of a chore than anything else. I was really hoping that the memories quest would help.

Sadly, I learned of the joys of college life. While trying to get posts up for many things, I let myself become more and more open with the friends around me, both new and old. Suddenly, I was no longer always sitting around, thinking up ideas, but hanging with people and really learning what it meant to be spontaneous, to actually allow myself to meet people and get to know them.

I'm still finding my place in the real world, and sadly, much of my fictitious world, that I've built in my head and here on Althanas, will need to be put on hold for a time.

So I'm leaving, though not permanently. Hopefully a school year away from my fantasies about the impossible will make my mind that much more fecund and reboot the writing ability I've been lacking since joining Althanas (not Althanas' fault, I just joined when it was just too late for my slumbering and weakening ability).

I admit, it took me a while to get the bravery up to just come out and say it, and for that I apologize. I am sad that I never got to really know all you as I would have liked to, but I've always been a very reserved person towards those I can see. It's that much harder for those people I don't see.

So good luck to all of you. I hope to be back sometime in the future, ready to contribute and really become part of this community. I'll be in, here and there to read up on what's happening.

Adieu from both the Lighthawk and the Darkhawk

(You'd think that with this type of good bye I'd have been more important. Lord forgive my vanity :cool: )

Cyrus the virus
09-18-06, 11:32 PM
Bah. You should've discovered real life long ago so you wouldn't be breaking balls like this. Punk.

Letho
09-19-06, 12:06 AM
What is this real life everybody is talking about? Is that what you see when you look outside your window? :P

Good luck in college and stuff, Hawk, and come back when you can. Most of us, like Cyrus for example, don't have this real life so we'll still be here. :)