PDA

View Full Version : Some Althy Characters

Melancor
06-04-12, 01:27 AM
[This thread might stretch your page, you might want to crtl + (-) to zoom out <3 ]

So yeah. Whoever sees this thread probably won't remember me so I'm just going to say I like drawing. I got into art school and I'll be attending in the fall for a BFA as a Game Arts Program with a concentration in concept art. It is a very demanding school and I really want to succeed so I've been trying to sketch often. Since I've been reading a lot of profiles I decided I could do some sketches of some of the prominent Althanas characters. And some of mine of course :P I've got a few already and I thought I would share since people seem to like this kind of stuff. Now I sketched just a few that I ran into and some that I liked, there where a few I wanted to draw but I either couldn't find a profile link or their appearance description was a little small. They're probably totally butchered so I apologize in advance, lets just say I used some license to fill in the gaps :P The characters are : Fatina(mine), Sylvan(mine), Visla, (Anita?), Letho, Jasmine, Sei, Cassandra, and Heart of Zaga (mine).

Please let me know if I got close at all or not, I probably won't fix it anyway :P I'm always curious to know what people think of interpretations.

http://i.imgur.com/oBPpv.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/yYC16.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/tOySP.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/E2J2Q.jpg?1

Jasmine
06-04-12, 02:28 AM
that's pretty danged awesome work! I like that Jas is wearing a ring too!

Visla Eraclaire
06-04-12, 05:10 AM
Impressive and with genuine attention to detail.

Luned
06-04-12, 09:47 AM
Oh wow, you're good! I've been in the game industry for a couple years now, it's an interesting combination of being incredibly fulfilled and incredibly frustrated. But mostly fulfilled. (Usually. Well, maybe.) I wish you the best of luck with school and everything, you've definitely got talent!

Letho
06-04-12, 04:16 PM
Very fucking awesome, man. You even added the dragonscale shield shaped like a wing. Shit, I practically forgot I had that thing. ;)

Melancor
06-04-12, 05:29 PM
that's pretty danged awesome work! I like that Jas is wearing a ring too!

She did get married :D

Impressive and with genuine attention to detail.

The little details can make or break a character. I was having too much fun sketching Visla; originally I was going to sketch her on her horse like the smaller drawing, but I didn't feel like inventing the entire armor. But she's a great character, it was hard to think of a pose that would make her look more or less dignified.

Melancor
06-04-12, 06:18 PM
Oh wow, you're good! I've been in the game industry for a couple years now, it's an interesting combination of being incredibly fulfilled and incredibly frustrated. But mostly fulfilled. (Usually. Well, maybe.) I wish you the best of luck with school and everything, you've definitely got talent!

Well that just makes me all the more scared/exited lol. I don't think I really have an idea of what is going to be like, it is a little unsettling. :S

Very fucking awesome, man. You even added the dragonscale shield shaped like a wing. Shit, I practically forgot I had that thing. ;)

Letho was probably the character I had the most fun drawing. The reason why I wasn't sure if you'd like it is because you had so many picture references... and not everything came out the same. A few of the links where broken so a bunch of stuff I made up, and others like the chest plate I didn't even know how to fit in. But yeah, Letho has a lot of weapons I don't know how he carries everything around lol. :)

Requiem of Insanity
06-04-12, 07:04 PM
That is a very interesting take on Cassandra. I like it. I'm curious about the image behind the sultry one...I'd like to see where you planned ot go if that was a full body.

I am flattered, honored, and pleased with the work!

Rayse Valentino
06-04-12, 07:16 PM
You've gotten a lot better at this.

Jasmine
06-04-12, 08:08 PM
She did get married

And you paid attention to that. Which is cool. I don't suppose you'd be interested in doing a drawing and not just sketch?

Mistletien
06-04-12, 10:19 PM
Gotta say, I'm impressed. Like Jas, I'd like to see you do some scenes, maybe; like Crowning Moments of Awesome for some characters and all that jazz.

Melancor
06-05-12, 01:34 AM
That is a very interesting take on Cassandra. I like it. I'm curious about the image behind the sultry one...I'd like to see where you planned ot go if that was a full body.

I am flattered, honored, and pleased with the work!

Well, I'm flattered you liked it lol. Honestly I had a hard time thinking how I could really get her, I thought the one on the right would probably be closer. But for whatever reason whenever I read bombshell I think pinup... So I think the one of the left got a little bit contaminated with my own delusions of seductive serial killers.

You've gotten a lot better at this.

Thanks! I've been trying really hard.

And you paid attention to that. Which is cool. I don't suppose you'd be interested in doing a drawing and not just sketch?

Maybe! :) But I get really intense with my drawings it would probably take about two weeks or something of the sort.

Gotta say, I'm impressed. Like Jas, I'd like to see you do some scenes, maybe; like Crowning Moments of Awesome for some characters and all that jazz.

Thanks! That sounds interesting. But I am not sure if people really want me running around interpreting chapters of characters lives, especially their crowning moments of awesomeness cause they're that much special. You know? A picture is worth a thousand words, but the picture in the mind is more exact than any hand could make. Actually in the past I've thought about doing something like a drawing for vignette winners but I didn't think it was a wise idea to make something visual an incentive... but for a bit I think I gave out a couple drawings in exchange of help in workshops. Maybe just for people who ask for them, usually when people ask you to draw something they already want it to be a certain way D: A mess I say A mess. But a little mess is good once in a while I guess... :P

Silence Sei
06-05-12, 10:16 AM
Pretty good Sei, I gotta say. Though I have to ask, why'd you decide on a button up shirt? Is it just easier for you to sketch than a karate gi? I really am digging that picture though. Great Anita too. : P

Edit: Do my eyes decieve me, or does that say 'Badassery' above Sei?

Melancor
06-07-12, 08:22 PM
Pretty good Sei, I gotta say. Though I have to ask, why'd you decide on a button up shirt? Is it just easier for you to sketch than a karate gi? I really am digging that picture though. Great Anita too. : P

Edit: Do my eyes decieve me, or does that say 'Badassery' above Sei?

Lol I don't know why, I guess as I was drawing him he started to look to me as an anime thug and I got carried away with it. Honestly I had no idea what a Gi was when I read it... I'll fix it... eventually :P

I think it says "badassest" because Letho got "badass" somewhere in there. When I finished drawing him I thought he was like no other character in Althanas. But I guess the feeling is mostly due to the fact that I got the description wrong :P

Butterfly wings ftw.